PDA

View Full Version : What Video game did you last play?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Trader Joe
10-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Better drive in first person then.

Lord Helmet
11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Gears of War 3 - Ranked Team Deathmatch

Geometry Wars 2

Galaga

Steagles
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM
NBA 2K12 my player

jeffg-body
11-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Wii Bowling with my daughter this evening. She's getting close, but I keep telling her she's not beating the old man yet.

graphic-er
11-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Better drive in first person then.

I get what you are saying, but its pretty bad when useful features are taken out of a game that is supposed to the current king of the hill.

Also, another problem with BattleField 3. The Recon class has no ability to take out vehicles. The more i play this game the more it sucks.

Trader Joe
11-04-2011, 04:45 PM
The recon class is snipers, why should they be able to take out vehicles?
That is what engineers are for.

graphic-er
11-05-2011, 02:16 AM
The recon class is snipers, why should they be able to take out vehicles?
That is what engineers are for.

BF 1943 and BFCC2 allowed the recon class to use C4 on vehicles or call in Mortar strikes on a stationary vehicle. To take that away from the recon class puts them at a huge disadvantage. Its an entire segment of the game that they have no real effect on. Terrible decision by the game developer.

Trader Joe
11-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Mortar strikes were really to help take out another group of snipers IMO.

Lord Helmet
11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pretty damn slick. The story mode is crazy, even though I've only watched the start.

Just been playing online so far.

Steagles
11-05-2011, 03:02 PM

Pretty damn slick. The story mode is crazy, even though I've only watched the start.

Just been playing online so far.

Wait, how do you have the game already?

Lord Helmet
11-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Wait, how do you have the game already?
A friend of mine who works at a video rental store around here.

I wish I didn't suck.

graphic-er
11-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Mortar strikes were really to help take out another group of snipers IMO.

Why would you not snipe them instead if you have a sniper rifle? I always used the mortar strikes to take out the tanks and jeeps that would roll up and sit next to a flag. Easy pickings.

But like I said they totally took that element out of the game. Its pretty clear that this game was rushed to market so that it could hit before MW3. i mean heck they dont' even give you a rear view camera when your in the vehicles. So when your backing up in your jeep or tank you don't know what's behind you. Its not a finished game, could have been great.

Sparhawk
11-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Gears 3 - Started the 4th chapter

2K11 - finally got traded to the Pacers. Oddly enough, I played with my points, and the Pacers only traded for me when I am rated a 66. I had enough points to go from a 61-69. I tried most of them, but it was only a 66 rating. Very strange. Got traded for Jeff Foster.

Not liking it cause the Pacers made a trade the day before, giving a 1st and 2nd for Terrico White and Ben Wallace. I've tried resetting, but that trade keeps going through. Guess I'll just have to live with that. Gonna be awesome with me, PG, Granger and Hibbert. Looking at the starting lineup, looks like Granger might get shifted to PF and Battier starting at SF. Hard to tell though cause Hill gets just as many minutes. Either way, I'm pretty excited!

:maniac:
Oh, and less than a week before Skyrim.

Kegboy
11-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Uncharted 3

Technically it's a marvel. They've talked up the plane and sand sequences, but the stuff on the water was my favorite.

However, the story never grabbed me at all. Just couldn't get into it. :(

Sparhawk
11-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Cool Skryim rap video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j50u0zUeCmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jeffg-body
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
I am not too game saavy but I played some Wii Home Run Derby with my daughter tonight.

travmil
11-08-2011, 09:25 AM
I only have neough money for one so Friday I will be deciding....Skyrim, or MW3....hmm....

Sparhawk
11-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I only have neough money for one so Friday I will be deciding....Skyrim, or MW3....hmm....

I just posted a rap about Skyrim (not mine of course). Doubt MW3 has that!

travmil
11-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I think I'm leaning towards Skyrim. It's hard to resist a game that promises even more content than Oblivion. I bet I wrapped over 200 hours into that game and I have friends that are well over 500.

Hicks
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I wish I could get into Elder Scrolls, but I blind-bought Oblivion and just couldn't do it at the time. So I'm passing on Skyrim.

I used to be big into CoD4 and MW2, but I've cooled since then and never loved (though I did play it a good amount) Black Ops, so I'm weary of MW3, especially now that I won't have a ton of time to put into it.

How are the reviews?

Hicks
11-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Actually, I've answered my own question. Looks like another very good entry, just nothing revolutionary. I'll think about it.

PaceBalls
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I probably spent 500 hours in Oblivion with all the mods. If you got the PC version it has incredible value. The console version... blah. The same goes for Skyrim. If you guys have a PC that can play it, make sure you don't go the console route.

PaceBalls
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
There are so many incredible PC games coming up soon. I am going to go broke because they all seem like are must haves.

1. Skyrim
2. COD - MW3
3. LA Noire PC version
4. Batman Arkham City
5. Saints Row 3
6. Assassin's Creed Revelations
7. Star Wars the Old Republic

And also some games that are probably going to be awesome like but I am not as sure about.
Need For Speed the Run
Dawn of Fantasy (RTS)

This season is one of the greatest ever for PC gaming, I wish I had more time!!

Sparhawk
11-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I probably spent 500 hours in Oblivion with all the mods. If you got the PC version it has incredible value. The console version... blah. The same goes for Skyrim. If you guys have a PC that can play it, make sure you don't go the console route.

I love the PC for some games, but not FPS (first person sword). A game like Command and Conquer, and Baldur's Gate 2, then yes.

I'm just not very coordinated with the computer/mouse combo.

PaceBalls
11-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I love the PC for some games, but not FPS (first person sword). A game like Command and Conquer, and Baldur's Gate 2, then yes.

I'm just not very coordinated with the computer/mouse combo.

The great thing about having Bethesda games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 on your PC is that you have access to the mod community, which adds infinite amounts of content. With the console version you are stuck with the vanilla game, which IMO was just so so on Oblivion and Fallout3. The Oblivion I play is radically different from the original. New textures, new abilities, new quests new dungeons etc... There is even a completely different player made world available which is quite good.

Also, you can play with an xbox 360 gamepad ;)

Sparhawk
11-08-2011, 10:29 PM
The great thing about having Bethesda games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 on your PC is that you have access to the mod community, which adds infinite amounts of content. With the console version you are stuck with the vanilla game, which IMO was just so so on Oblivion and Fallout3. The Oblivion I play is radically different from the original. New textures, new abilities, new quests new dungeons etc... There is even a completely different player made world available which is quite good.

Also, you can play with an xbox 360 gamepad ;)

I do love extra content. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

CableKC
11-09-2011, 03:38 AM
I bought MW3 today. I finally had a chance to play it in the evening. I plugged my ps3 into my big screen 52 inch LED tv....played the game for 5 minutes and started to get motion sickness.

:banghead:

I'm getting to old....and I think I just wasted $60. I may need to give the game to one of my nephews :(

Sparhawk
11-09-2011, 08:27 AM
I bought MW3 today. I finally had a chance to play it in the evening. I plugged my ps3 into my big screen 52 inch LED tv....played the game for 5 minutes and started to get motion sickness.

:banghead:

I'm getting to old....and I think I just wasted $60. I may need to give the game to one of my nephews :(

That is a bummer. I don't plan on getting the game, but the graphics are simply amazing.

Sparhawk
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Another fun Skyrim fan video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c9eGtyqz4gY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jeffg-body
11-10-2011, 12:48 AM
I played a little Wii Boxing and frisbee golf with my daughter today.

neosmndrew
11-10-2011, 02:37 AM
If anyone is willing to donate to the neosmndrew skyrim fund... I'll be happy to accept! If you just wanna chat, I'm neosmndrew on steam as well!

Hicks
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
So my Friday is now wide open. Making me somewhat more tempted to swing by Walmart and snag a copy if MW3 after work tonight.

Trader Joe
11-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Skyyyyrriiiiiiiimmmmmm

PaceBalls
11-10-2011, 03:32 PM
SKY rim
!! YES!

Sparhawk
11-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I do not have tomorrow off, but I will be leaving work early!

Skyrim!

Read the review on IGN.
<object id="vid_4ebb4c3e7ebbd819c700001d" class="ign-videoplayer" width="480" height="270" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/10/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-video-review?objectid=14267318"/></object><div style="width:480px"><a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/10/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-video-review?objectid=14267318">More The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Videos</a></div>

PaceBalls
11-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Skyrim is totally badass and all, everything we expected... BUT, on the PC the shadows and textures kinda suck, as in a step backwards to 6 years ago kinda textures. I can tell it was designed for the 7 year old consoles then ported to PC.

Don't get me wrong though, it has beautiful landscapes and all that, the art direction is top notch. It just uses low res textures everywhere even on the highest settings possible. I figured that was the case when I saw how small the PC version was.

The good news is that some mod making nerds are out there hard at work on a hi-rez texture pack that should be available in a couple weeks or so. :paladin:

edit: Here are some game and ini tweaks I found to get it looking a little better. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11

Peck
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Skyrim on the 360 looks & sounds AMAZING!!!!

Trader Joe
11-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Yep

travmil
11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Wow, Skyrim....wow...I played it until 4 am then had to get a nap before waking for work at 6....

Pig Nash
11-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Beat the Batman story mode. Playing Uncharted 3 now.

Sparhawk
11-11-2011, 03:01 PM
At work, won't be getting my fingers on Skyrim until tonight!!

:scream:

SoupIsGood
11-12-2011, 01:27 AM
So skyrim sounds really cool, but my computer is too ancient to really enjoy any gaming. I bought it solely to use as a glorified typewriter, so it's not like I can really complain.

Is it worth doing the console version, or should I wait until the far-off day that I actually upgrade to a gaming-friendly setup? Am I missing that much if I go console?

Trader Joe
11-12-2011, 01:42 AM
I could have gotten it on any platform and chose to get it on 360. There are already probably over 200 hours of content in this game so to me the idea of modding it left and right doesn't appeal. Bethesda made Skyrim, they didn't make Skyrim with a mod by HoboJim45, JMO.

PaceBalls
11-12-2011, 02:21 AM
So skyrim sounds really cool, but my computer is too ancient to really enjoy any gaming. I bought it solely to use as a glorified typewriter, so it's not like I can really complain.

Is it worth doing the console version, or should I wait until the far-off day that I actually upgrade to a gaming-friendly setup? Am I missing that much if I go console?

It's definitely worth getting for your 360. In fact the game was made with that platform in mind.

You are just missing out on the player made mods, but I think I even read something about there being mods available eventually for the 360 too? Not sure about that.

PaceBalls
11-12-2011, 02:26 AM
I could have gotten it on any platform and chose to get it on 360. There are already probably over 200 hours of content in this game so to me the idea of modding it left and right doesn't appeal. Bethesda made Skyrim, they didn't make Skyrim with a mod by HoboJim45, JMO.

I get all nerded out about wanting the best looking game that is possible, and that's what the modding does, along with all the extra content. Not to mention all the ini tweaks you can do on PC! I have spent as much time perfecting my ini as I have playing the game. I finally have everything about perfect now :).

Time to go kill some dragons! :paladin:

Sparhawk
11-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Got my game after work and started to play.

This is how I roll.

I sneak through dark dungeons, and shoot baddies with my bow.
When they come a chargin, I blast then with fire, light and snow.
I then quickly ready my sword, to deliver the final deathblow.

Sparhawk
11-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I just walked around mostly admiring the views, especially love the water effects. Waterfalls are amazing. I want seek them all out and see if there is a secret entrance behind the water. I have to think there has to be at least 1!

Played for several hours, and already up to a level 7. I use a bit of everything from stealth + bow (major multipliers and easy kills), magic and brute force. Because of that, I have a hard time figuring out which perks to get. I'm focusing on my stealth, cause one of the perks is stealth + bow multiplier damage. I'd recommend some in lockpicking too, makes a world a difference.

Have yet to encounter a dragon, but I cleared out the Burrows place and read my first wall. I made it to the town after Riverrun (can't think of the name right now), so I'm sure my dragon encounter will happen soon.

I've cleared 2 or 3 dungeons. I need to find more walls, cause I want to gain a shout as soon as I kill my first dragon.

Damn, this game is so much fun!

xBulletproof
11-12-2011, 09:20 AM
In case anyone questions how awesome Skyrim is, let me set the table for you on how my morning looks.

I have 3 plates from eating different things on the living room table with pizza crusts and other scraps, and 2 glasses from water and 2 Sunkist cans as well just sitting there. From someone who's house is usually very clean. I was also the recipient of a very dirty look from my girlfriend this morning. Why might you ask? The mess? Nope. I fell asleep on the couch with the controller in my hand and the game on. I woke myself up a couple of times through the night because I rolled over on the controller and it hurt. So, I shoved the controller on the floor and went back to sleep. She was mad, because I never even came to bed. Now that I'm awake, I've cranked the Xbox back on and she's going shopping. :laugh:

Sparhawk
11-12-2011, 03:28 PM
In case anyone questions how awesome Skyrim is, let me set the table for you on how my morning looks.

I have 3 plates from eating different things on the living room table with pizza crusts and other scraps, and 2 glasses from water and 2 Sunkist cans as well just sitting there. From someone who's house is usually very clean. I was also the recipient of a very dirty look from my girlfriend this morning. Why might you ask? The mess? Nope. I fell asleep on the couch with the controller in my hand and the game on. I woke myself up a couple of times through the night because I rolled over on the controller and it hurt. So, I shoved the controller on the floor and went back to sleep. She was mad, because I never even came to bed. Now that I'm awake, I've cranked the Xbox back on and she's going shopping. :laugh:

I'm dying to get back on, but I told my wife she could have the tv for a bit. Ahhhhhhhhh!! Seriously need to get a second tv.

Trader Joe
11-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Just get the +40% damage increase to one handed weapons and you will two shot pretty much any normal enemy you run into. It's kind of silly but still awesome.

Sparhawk
11-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Just get the +40% damage increase to one handed weapons and you will two shot pretty much any normal enemy you run into. It's kind of silly but still awesome.

I need to do that. I'm trying to increase my sneak so I can get increased bonuses for sneak + bows. Really helps out when there are multiple enemies.

Another thing, is that if you have a group that's particularly hard in a dungeon, just turn and run and leave (if it's a small dungeon). I'm finding that the enemies don't follow through doors. Helped me out in a particularly tough dungeon where I kept dying.

xBulletproof
11-12-2011, 10:39 PM
I need to do that. I'm trying to increase my sneak so I can get increased bonuses for sneak + bows. Really helps out when there are multiple enemies.

Another thing, is that if you have a group that's particularly hard in a dungeon, just turn and run and leave (if it's a small dungeon). I'm finding that the enemies don't follow through doors. Helped me out in a particularly tough dungeon where I kept dying.

Don't count on that 100%. I've seen 2 places where they chased me out. Both times they walked face first into dual wielding flame magic and they died pretty fast, but they did chase.

Sparhawk
11-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey Skyrim playas.

Head on over to Falkreath, and talk to the smithy. He'll mention something about a dog. Head outside town and there will be a talking dog. After talking to the dog you'll have to follow him aways to a shrine. Accept the quest and don't complete it. You have your very own dog that soaks up enemies and never dies!

Best dog ever! He can be a bit annoying cause if you stop, he'll just push you, which can be a pain if you are trying to pick up small items. He's been great other than that cause the enemies always seem to go after the dog and not you.

That's my really only tip so far. Killed 3 dragons now, and they've been quite easy so far...but I've had help from local guards.

Trader Joe
11-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Yeah I've heard about the dog, I have mixed feelings about it.

Go fights some giants and their mammoths. Now that is a challenge.

Hicks
11-14-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm really glad I picked up Modern Warfare 3. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

SoupIsGood
11-14-2011, 04:27 AM
So I got Skyrim. I haven't the slightest clue wtf I'm doing honestly. Lots of getting killed by angry villagers and raging skeletons.

It does seem fun though.

bellisimo
11-14-2011, 05:17 AM
After a few hours on Skyrim...I like it...but I prefer Bioware RPGs style a lot more...the fighting mechanics are still not the best in Skyrim - feels like im just swinging at the air and if its not for the sound I would have no idea if I hit anyone or anything...

you really don't have the possibility to be much of a badass in this setting in terms of just going out and stealing left and right and then killing everyone attacking you...cause you're a weakling...so you just have to go about abiding the rules and not do anything that is in red...which makes me feel slightly restricted....

graphics are quite lovely....Im not too fond of spending 5+ minutes going from one town to the other *i prefer fast travel on the map* but its definitely something you have to do while you're playing Skyrim...the soundtrack that accompanies you definitely gets you in an epic state of mood.

Trader Joe
11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Have you never played an Elder Scrolls game before Belli? The whole point is that you work towards being a badass and killing whatever you want. It won't take you long to have a feeling of invincibility. Elder Scrolls have been notorious for making it too easy to get yourself over powered so they've ramped up the difficulty in this game.

duke dynamite
11-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Modern Warfare 3 is great. Sadly I don't get much time with it since Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition comes out tomorrow.

Sparhawk
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah I've heard about the dog, I have mixed feelings about it.

Go fights some giants and their mammoths. Now that is a challenge.

I didn't hear about the dog, I found it all on my own, so I'm sticking with it. Haven't looked up any cheats. I'll probably give up the dog when I'm a bit stronger.

I have a hard enough time with a single troll. Not ready for a mammoth or giant yet.

I'm up to level 17. Having a hard time with what I should do with my Perks. I really want smithing so I can eventually make dragon armor. However, I've added perks to light armor and I'm guessing dragon armor is heavy. Not to mention other areas of interest. Seems best to just pick a few, but I struggle since I love to do a bit of everything.

What's everyone else focusing on for their Perks?

bellisimo
11-14-2011, 12:09 PM
yea I had played Morrowind back at original xbox...went through it like 20 hours in and then all went to hell cause i ended up getting into a battle with a guard and whenever i went to a city the guards would always attack me...

now im being extra careful with my saves and not trying to accidentally pick up anything...its becoming a bit tedious :)

Sparhawk
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
yea I had played Morrowind back at original xbox...went through it like 20 hours in and then all went to hell cause i ended up getting into a battle with a guard and whenever i went to a city the guards would always attack me...

now im being extra careful with my saves and not trying to accidentally pick up anything...its becoming a bit tedious :)

That's why you need the Thieves Guild. You just pay them some money and they'll get your bounties removed. At least in Morrowind. Not sure if it works the same in Skyrim.

SoupIsGood
11-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah I'm going back to a save before I stole some dude's spoon and ended up slaughtering the household in the ensuing tiff. : /

Trader Joe
11-14-2011, 02:45 PM
^Stuff like that is what makes the game awesome.

Constellations
11-15-2011, 02:02 AM

Finally, they released a sequel that feels like Call of Duty 4. I love it. I have finished the Campaign on Veteran and I have 3 stars on all the Spec Ops. /Flex

KingGeorge
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Skyrim

MW3

Both great games.

kester99
11-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Asteroids.

Sparhawk
11-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Skyrim.

Finally decided to ditch the dog, he was more annoying than a help anyhow. He would charge ahead and would ruin my stealth. Plus, he was always constantly right behind you and would push your character if you were standing still. Made it more difficult getting beads on baddies with your bow when someone is pushing you from behind.

Up to level 20. Starting to see some Orcish Armor now, but no glass. I'm guessing I should start to see glass armor soon though.

Saving my perks right now, I want to work on beefing up my smithing skill so I can create more advanced armor. Think I'll put some perks into Enchanting later on. Cheaper to make items instead of buying them. That way I can spend more on trainers at later levels so I can level up at a quicker pace.

Haven't even talked to the King for the main quest after killing the first dragon. Just been doing nothing but side missions. I'm so backlogged on missions right now and everywhere I go I somehow manage to take more on. What a wonderful delima to have.

The level designs are so much better. None of the caves/dungeons look the same at all. Love, love, love all the new traps. Because I take my time, I find most of them, but the variety is so welcome.

Game is just freaking epic!

Oh, and does anyone else find killing dragons rather easy? I've killed 3 so far, and barely took a scratch. Hope they get harder.

duke dynamite
11-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. Pretty spectacular.

Trader Joe
11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
What difficulty are you playing on? The fire breath on the first dragon would take away almost my whole health bar if got caught in it, and he would eat me if I got close to the head and tail swipe me if I attacked from behind. For someone who has been mostly melee and close range destruction damage it was very frustrating. I eventually just had to use a bow and arrow which is totally against my play style and slowly chip away at his health.

Sparhawk
11-16-2011, 01:10 PM
What difficulty are you playing on? The fire breath on the first dragon would take away almost my whole health bar if got caught in it, and he would eat me if I got close to the head and tail swipe me if I attacked from behind. For someone who has been mostly melee and close range destruction damage it was very frustrating. I eventually just had to use a bow and arrow which is totally against my play style and slowly chip away at his health.

Whatever the default setting is. Yeah, I used mostly bows to chip his health away and just ran when it got close. Then when it finally landed, I just ran up and stabbed it to death. It didn't really do much up close to me. Could be a glitch.

Trader Joe
11-16-2011, 01:12 PM
The dragon would immediately target me with fire if I tried to approach in melee range and if I was able to get in a place to melee him, he would quickly turn on me and either use fire again or pick me up in his mouth and throw me which was an insta kill.

Peck
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
As to skyrim the game let me tell you how big the game is.

I'm a level 21 (yes I know that is nothing) and have been playing for hours doing several different quest, but I have no idea what the main story is.

I'm sure I saw it when the game started but in all honesty I don't know which quest it is that is the main one.

Can someone remind me what it is so I can start to go back in that direction.

I'm working currently in werewolf mode so I'll see how I like that.

Ownagedood
11-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Ive been playing Batman Arkham City... Its amazing, I can't put it down! lol

So much stuff you can do and its a lot of fun..

Stryder
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
If I had to buy either MW3 or Battlefield 3, which one should I purchase?

travmil
11-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Right now in Skyrim, I have 45 active quests....ridiculous. Good ridiculous but still...

Trader Joe
11-17-2011, 09:49 AM
I can't find the freaking throat of the world. I like the detail in this map, but I honestly preferred Oblivion's map where you could actually see roads and stuff like that.

Sparhawk
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I can't find the freaking throat of the world. I like the detail in this map, but I honestly preferred Oblivion's map where you could actually see roads and stuff like that.

Yeah, I love the detail, but wish they would have outlined roads...hell, just the major ones. I'm finding that it's better to walk than ride a horse cause I almost always end near a cliff.

Lost my horse to a pack of bears...yes a pack...there were 5 *****ing bears! I ran off while 3 bears and 2 wolf killed my horse. I was able to take down the 2 bears that chased after me. All in all, that was a bloody good time!

Sparhawk
11-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. Pretty spectacular.

Really want that game, but I have Skyrim, Gears 3, 2k12 (though I'd rather play 2k11) and AC Brotherhood that all need playing.

I'll definitely pick it up early next year though. The first Halo was my fav. I couldn't beat certain portions on Legendary, but I'd make it a game to see how fast I can beat certain levels on Herioc. Just hated the difficulty leap from Herioc to Legendary. Herioc was so simple.

SoupIsGood
11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Man I love games like Skyrim where its a huge open world for you to explore.

At level 15 I'm trying to buy any orc armor I find so I can get a set going. Rushing to 60 smithing for arcane blacksmith and orcish seemed to make sense, but I'm not rushing to 80. No more iron daggers for me. My flawless imperial armor (upgraded starter gear basically) isn't really holding up like it used to.

I find the sword/board style pretty compelling. I love the emphasis on striking when your oppenent is staggered or off-balance.

I don't really see the point of dual-wield melee weapons. I'm going to test out the perks but unless the non-power swings are just that much faster I doubt I keep it.

Lydia has a thing for rushing into camps of giants.

Also I have to go back a few saves because in Markath the immortal Vigilant Tyranus bugged out while trying to give a quest to me and now he chases me everywhere zapping me with lightning. I didn't hit him or anything and there's no way to make him revert from being hostile.

I accidentally punched the bard in the bannered mare during a brawl and lydia came swooping in and split him in half with her exquisite orcish battle axe. Not sure if I'm going to revert that or not.

travmil
11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
I accidentally punched the bard in the bannered mare during a brawl and lydia came swooping in and split him in half with her exquisite orcish battle axe.

That spoony bard deserved it....

cdash
11-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Assassin's Creed: Revelations. So far it's pretty standard AC. Added bombs (which aren't that cool, imo), but so far the missions are pretty much the same and nothing really cool has been added. I don't love the city they chose either (Constantinople). I thought they did a pretty good job with the Middle Eastern architecture in the first game and was hoping they would send it over to London or Paris or something. Oh well. It's still AC and I still love it.

Sparhawk
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Assassin's Creed: Revelations. So far it's pretty standard AC. Added bombs (which aren't that cool, imo), but so far the missions are pretty much the same and nothing really cool has been added. I don't love the city they chose either (Constantinople). I thought they did a pretty good job with the Middle Eastern architecture in the first game and was hoping they would send it over to London or Paris or something. Oh well. It's still AC and I still love it.

They couldn't go too far since they are still utilizing Ezio. The next AC should be a new ancestor. I'm sure we'll see a jump forward in time.

Sparhawk
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Still on Skyrim, though my xbox froze. Letting it cool down for a bit.

I've taken on about 50 missions. I really need to stop accepting them and start working my way through some of these. LOL

I've had the Red Eagle mission since about the beginning of the game and just saw an IGN video on it. Think I'll go for that mission next. I need a cool sword.

Level 22 and still haven't seen any glass armor. Come on already!

PaceBalls
11-18-2011, 03:10 PM
As to skyrim the game let me tell you how big the game is.

I'm a level 21 (yes I know that is nothing) and have been playing for hours doing several different quest, but I have no idea what the main story is.

I'm sure I saw it when the game started but in all honesty I don't know which quest it is that is the main one.

Can someone remind me what it is so I can start to go back in that direction.

I'm working currently in werewolf mode so I'll see how I like that.

You want to talk to the Jarl in Whiterun or whatever it is called, the town where the companions are, go up to the castle. He will set you on the main story path.

Right now I have 3 separate characters playing through Skyrim. Each seems like they are playing a completely different game :)

One of my guys is a mage doing the main quest line and siding with the Imperials eventually.

Another goes around and robs everyone blind while trying to never fight. Just getting super rich pickpocketing and breaking and entering. The pacifist thief.

My other character which I have played the most is my Assassin Archer. He is level 29 with a Glass bow and just owns everyone on master difficulty. He hasn't done hardly any of the main quest either. I am working with the Dark Brotherhood with him.

This is the best RPG I have ever played.

cdash
11-18-2011, 03:41 PM
They couldn't go too far since they are still utilizing Ezio. The next AC should be a new ancestor. I'm sure we'll see a jump forward in time.

I thought this was the last one?

And Ezio is old as crap in this one. I have to say, the more I play it, the less impressed I am.

Kegboy
11-18-2011, 03:51 PM
I thought this was the last one?

And Ezio is old as crap in this one. I have to say, the more I play it, the less impressed I am.

Nope, they're going to have at least one more next year to wrap up Desmond and the 2012 end-of-the-world storyline.

So far I'm loving it. I haven't done much of the story but I just love running around doing ****. Yes, bombs are dumb, and I don't care much for the city either, but I still giggle like a little girl every time I see the new counter kill animations. :chuckle:

Sparhawk
11-19-2011, 09:08 AM
I mentioned yesterday that I was going after the Red Eagle sword. Never freakin happened.

Instead I took on what I thought was a simple game/quest and it turned out to be something like the Hangover. I was retracing my steps all over the place. It was a very long quest, but it was a lot of fun. I got to see more of the land and just kept getting lost in the beauty of the game. Finally finished the quest, won't spoil anything, but I did not see that coming!

This game is just full of surprises and you seriously never know what to expect.

The only down part is with the Radiant AI, and most quests are completely random, that I just have a boatload of quests. I have had to end conversations and simply say no. Next few days will be to work my way through these quests.

My smithing is up to level 60 so I can updgrade my enchanted armor. I had a cool 53 enchanted cuirass (increases hit points by 50) and I upgraded it to flawless and now it's a 73 rating!!

Need to work on enchanting now. I want to make my own enchanted armor.

This game just keeps getting better.

SoupIsGood
11-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm starting that hangover quest back up after doing many quests in Markath. However outside Rorikstead I got my *** whupped by a blood dragon (at level 19 I have 250 health and 400 armor yet this guy was tossing me around like a rag doll) and haven't had a chance to play since then. His level must have been pretty high because the other frost dragons I'd seen went down before my health was 1/3rd gone.

I just discovered pickpocketing and now I'm tempted to redo my character as a sneaky type. . .

Trader Joe
11-19-2011, 02:12 PM
So do I need to actually climb the mountain to get to the throat of the world? I'm trying to progress a bit in the actual main quest, but trying to find **** is just pissing me off.

Also, I've heard about the hangover quest, not exact details, but I am excited to see it when I get to it.

Sparhawk
11-19-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm starting that hangover quest back up after doing many quests in Markath. However outside Rorikstead I got my *** whupped by a blood dragon (at level 19 I have 250 health and 400 armor yet this guy was tossing me around like a rag doll) and haven't had a chance to play since then. His level must have been pretty high because the other frost dragons I'd seen went down before my health was 1/3rd gone.

I just discovered pickpocketing and now I'm tempted to redo my character as a sneaky type. . .

The first 3 dragons I faced were easy, but those blood dragons have upped the ante. I'm very happy they are much harder to fight now. I save constantly now, so I never have to back track much if I get killed. I have had some pretty tough boss fights too. I really need a magical item that gives me some protection against magic. Magic seems to be the only thing that kicks my ***.

Trader Joe
11-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Finally found High Hrothgar...blargh.

One random creature that seems pretty tough at least at level 11 is the sabre tooth tigers.

SoupIsGood
11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Dang TJ I just found it too and was gonna write directions.

Seems like the key is to just follow the winding roads for forever because taking direct routes just gets you lost in the wilderness.

Ran into a camp of fire mages during my search and they downed me in like two seconds.

Sparhawk
11-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Get the spell Clairvoyance. It will show you the way.

Trader Joe
11-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Get the spell Clairvoyance. It will show you the way.

Tell me about it.

Anybody, know if there's a skeleton key in this game like there has been in past elder scrolls games that can pick any lock? Also, are there Daedric God quests? I haven't done much online research yet, so curious if anyone has bumped into either of those things. I'm sort of taking it slow with Skyrim right now, but will like jump in head first over Thanksgiving, just playing it at bits and pieces right now which is why I'm level 12.

Pig Nash
11-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I started one Daedric prince quest in Markoth...

Kegboy
11-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Finished Revelations. It wasn't perfect, there was stuff I missed about Brotherhood, but stuff I liked more.

However, I'm really pissed that...they didn't explain Lucy's death. At all. They just said, yeah she's dead, Shaun went to her funeral. WTF! :mad:

Sparhawk
11-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Finished Revelations. It wasn't perfect, there was stuff I missed about Brotherhood, but stuff I liked more.

However, I'm really pissed that...they didn't explain Lucy's death. At all. They just said, yeah she's dead, Shaun went to her funeral. WTF! :mad:

I'm not gonna read that spoiler, but you liked Brotherhood? What about it, I have the game but was having a hard time getting into it even though I loved the first two AC games.

Kegboy
11-26-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm not gonna read that spoiler, but you liked Brotherhood? What about it, I have the game but was having a hard time getting into it even though I loved the first two AC games.

The story, first of all. Yeah, if you haven't played Brotherhood, you definitely don't want to read that spoiler.

As for gameplay, the mechanics were refined from II, especially fighting. What I miss in Revelations was Brotherhood was more open. Even the horse combat was fun. I don't think you once get on a horse in Revelations. Makes sense, because the city is so cramped there's hardly enough room to breathe. I'm sure that's how Constantinople really was, and it reminds me of Acre in the first game, but it gets really claustrophobic.

That said, once you climb with a hook blade, I don't think you can go back. And parachutes are integrated from the beginning. I was so mad that I neglected the DaVinci missions in Brotherhood and didn't get the parachute until after I'd beaten the game.

Shade
11-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Super Mario 3D Land

Finally beat the regular version of the game, now on the Special World.

This game was definitely made with taking advantage of the 3D in mind. Lots of cool level designs and some nice retro elements. As someone who is acrophobic, some of the air levels (of which there are many) definitely create suspense in 3D. Some feel reminiscent of a roller coaster ride.

The "final" battle with Bowser gets the adrenaline flowing a bit.

The game isn't exceptionally difficult, moderate at best. Of course, I haven't gotten far into the Special World yet, so that may change.

Best 3DS game so far.

8.5/10

duke dynamite
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Super Mario 3D Land

Finally beat the regular version of the game, now on the Special World.

This game was definitely made with taking advantage of the 3D in mind. Lots of cool level designs and some nice retro elements. As someone who is acrophobic, some of the air levels (of which there are many) definitely create suspense in 3D. Some feel reminiscent of a roller coaster ride.

The "final" battle with Bowser gets the adrenaline flowing a bit.

The game isn't exceptionally difficult, moderate at best. Of course, I haven't gotten far into the Special World yet, so that may change.

Best 3DS game so far.

8.5/10

This has been very enjoyable for me as well. The 3D aspect of it though frustrates me, because not only that you can fall into a hole just walking straight, but some maps make it possible to mis-judge the depth of the area and I would fall off the map from the sides.

Still great.

Shade
11-28-2011, 01:52 PM
This has been very enjoyable for me as well. The 3D aspect of it though frustrates me, because not only that you can fall into a hole just walking straight, but some maps make it possible to mis-judge the depth of the area and I would fall off the map from the sides.

Still great.

Yeah, that's definitely a frustrating pitfall, especially when trying to sidestep Bowser's fireballs on the bridge.

Shade
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Btw, I just picked up Arkham City for $40 on Amazon. Can't wait to give it a spin. Also need to find time to play Skyward Sword.

duke dynamite
11-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah, that's definitely a frustrating pitfall, especially when trying to sidestep Bowser's fireballs on the bridge.
I am contemplating on whether I should get Sonic Generations on Xbox 360 or Nintendo 3DS. Each clearly have their pluses and minuses, but same game regardless.

ilive4sports
11-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm so close to starting my new job, which means I will be able to afford a new computer and get my ps3 back. I'm coming back video games!

Shade
11-28-2011, 06:18 PM
****, Amazon just dropped Arkham City to $30!

Shade
11-28-2011, 06:20 PM
I am contemplating on whether I should get Sonic Generations on Xbox 360 or Nintendo 3DS. Each clearly have their pluses and minuses, but same game regardless.

Consider how often you intend to play it and choose the appropriate console that way.

duke dynamite
11-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Consider how often you intend to play it and choose the appropriate console that way.

360 it is.

Sandman21
11-29-2011, 10:02 AM
I've been trying to play Arkham City, but the stupid Games For Windows Live software (that I've never had a problem with before!) keeps crashing it after 20 minutes.

duke dynamite
11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
I've been trying to play Arkham City, but the stupid Games For Windows Live software (that I've never had a problem with before!) keeps crashing it after 20 minutes.
Getting an Xbox fixes that.

Sandman21
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Until a punk breaks into my house and walks off with it.... (Plus that's probably why GFWL sucks so badly, MS trying to push people to the Xbox!)

I've got some ideas up my sleeve though on the GFWL/AC issue. Just got to have some time to work with it.

duke dynamite
11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Until a punk breaks into my house and walks off with it.... (Plus that's probably why GFWL sucks so badly, MS trying to push people to the Xbox!)

I've got some ideas up my sleeve though on the GFWL/AC issue. Just got to have some time to work with it.
I don't get it.

bellisimo
11-30-2011, 07:27 AM
LA Noire on PC - great that it arrived to PC...fun game!
wish RDR would share the same fate...alas I hear its not going to be ported to PC

cdash
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
I never did finish LA Noire. Game was just really boring for me. Got tired of inspecting pieces of wood and ****.

Anyone played Skyward Sword yet for the Wii? I'm a big Zelda fan, but honestly haven't even turned on my Wii in six months.

PaceBalls
12-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Getting an Xbox fixes that.

It also makes your games 720p, run at 30fps and look crappy :p

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSZi-xNfj3bfqfEF-SNIsGPzF4VkGaRVMlsDcnltAvaQSQaDzD&t=1

duke dynamite
12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
It also makes your games 720p, run at 30fps and look crappy :p

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSZi-xNfj3bfqfEF-SNIsGPzF4VkGaRVMlsDcnltAvaQSQaDzD&t=1
Eh, the Xbox does 1080p, and mostly all the games support that. They aren't scaled down resolution-wise at all.

Suaveness
12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I'd like to point out that Zelda: Skyward Sword is a ton of fun to play and really freaking good.

Shade
12-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Just got an e-mail from Amazon out of the blue stating that I should have gotten Arkham City for $30, and they credited my account back $10.

Gotta love Amazon. :nod:

Shade
12-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Eh, the Xbox does 1080p, and mostly all the games support that. They aren't scaled down resolution-wise at all.

Yeah, consoles have bridged the gap almost completely now. PC gaming is no longer leaps-and-bounds above consoles.

PaceBalls
12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, consoles have bridged the gap almost completely now. PC gaming is no longer leaps-and-bounds above consoles.

The only reason PC games are not miles ahead is because of the old tech the consoles are based on. Most big PC games are ports from the consoles.

There are hardly any games developed for DX11. If anything DX11 is just slapped on later for some basic tessellation.

But as far as the tech goes. My computer is insanely more powerful than any console.

The new consoles, like the xbox720, are finally going to let the industry start moving forward. Hopefully they will be dx11 based and we will really start seeing a big increase in graphics potential with PC games as well as the new console games.

Let me explain, there isn't too much difference between dx9 and dx11, they both can make great looking games, the difference is in optimization. DX11 is a much more optimized way to make games and you can therefore increase the graphics to performance ratio.

So that is really what is holding up the industry and why there is relatively little change in the quality over last 2-3 years.

Hicks
12-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I have a feeling your PC cost a lot more than $299, though...

I used to be a PC gamer, and it just got tough in the $$ department trying to keep my system current enough to get the most out of the hottest games while maintaining high framerate.

And while I can appreciate the graphical superiority of PC games, I honestly don't feel the 360 ones are 'that bad' to where I mourn over my transition. Especially now that I play my games on a 42" plasma I sit about 6 feet away from.

That having been said, I agree with you that it's time (if not past time) for a new generation of Xbox's. I'm looking forward to seeing what an injection of 2012 (or whatever) hardware and software does for console gaming. It should be pretty sweet.

The thing I'm looking for the most isn't so much better looking games in the sense of looking yet more and more realistic (though I'm sure to some extent they will), but rather I'm more interested in taking what we already have and allowing consoles to display huge, detailed worlds that never have to adjust the scale of the texture qualities or any of that kind of stuff. I want a GTA game where I can see the entire city no matter what direction I'm looking at versus having buildings and far-away objects 'fade in' as I approach them. That kind of stuff plus the little 'extras' that PC games usually have (see the video below for an example) to add more graphical depth / physics to games like Arkham Asylum.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ls6DrPX1XDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PaceBalls
12-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I have a feeling your PC cost a lot more than $299, though...

I used to be a PC gamer, and it just got tough in the $$ department trying to keep my system current enough to get the most out of the hottest games while maintaining high framerate.

And while I can appreciate the graphical superiority of PC games, I honestly don't feel the 360 ones are 'that bad' to where I mourn over my transition. Especially now that I play my games on a 42" plasma I sit about 6 feet away from.

That having been said, I agree with you that it's time (if not past time) for a new generation of Xbox's. I'm looking forward to seeing what an injection of 2012 (or whatever) hardware and software does for console gaming. It should be pretty sweet.

The thing I'm looking for the most isn't so much better looking games in the sense of looking yet more and more realistic (though I'm sure to some extent they will), but rather I'm more interested in taking what we already have and allowing consoles to display huge, detailed worlds that never have to adjust the scale of the texture qualities or any of that kind of stuff. I want a GTA game where I can see the entire city no matter what direction I'm looking at versus having buildings and far-away objects 'fade in' as I approach them. That kind of stuff plus the little 'extras' that PC games usually have (see the video below for an example) to add more graphical depth / physics to games like Arkham Asylum.

My computer is my main hobby so I put a good chunk of dough into it, but, with a PC you can upgrade in increments. I also use a 46 inch TV for my monitor. I can't ever go back to a small monitor now hehe.

The Phys X and DX11 has to be the way things will go for the next gen consoles. I mean I really hope they are. It would be really frustrating if all gaming is still locked into DX9 for the next 10 years. :banghead:

Also Batman Arkham City is amazing on PC with phys X, it's just bugged out right now and I get constant slow downs while running it in DX11. I have to wait for a patch, but it's the coolest phys x game I have ever seen. Though it's really making me mad they haven't patched it yet.

Sandman21
12-04-2011, 12:36 AM
My PC didn't cost much more than $299.... Its amazing what you can find at Frys and NewEgg. :D

xBulletproof
12-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Didn't know where else to put this, but I found Saints Row 3 for $40. Maybe someone else is interested as well. I just bought Battlefield 3 for $30 with free shipping on Amazon the other day in a similar deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Third-Xbox-360/dp/B004QEV0MI?tag=dealswoot-20

Stryder
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Didn't know where else to put this, but I found Saints Row 3 for $40. Maybe someone else is interested as well. I just bought Battlefield 3 for $30 with free shipping on Amazon the other day in a similar deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Third-Xbox-360/dp/B004QEV0MI?tag=dealswoot-20

Thanks for the link!

Wage
12-05-2011, 11:52 PM
My PC didn't cost much more than $299.... Its amazing what you can find at Frys and NewEgg. :D

Meh, my video card alone costs that much on newegg. I love my pc and my consoles, but keeping a pc up to date can be an expensive hobby.

duke dynamite
12-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I think you said it well enough. PC games are just ports of the console versions. Developers want to go where the money is and that's console gaming. The days of using desktops are going back towards the business sector or hobbyists/enthusiasts again.

However, I bought Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS. It is spectacular.

Skaut_Ech
12-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Okay, now that you've had time to really play it, what do you guys think of MW3? I've had it for a week now and I'm kinda not feeling it.

I don't like the lack of climbing on stuff. Yeah, there's more buildings to get vantage points, but I've lost track of how many times I can see a guy right next to me and I can't get to him, other than to run around a corner into his sights
There are a couple of maps where it seems like it's spawn kill heaven. Couple that with there apparently is no unlimited sprint and you find yourself in a killbox you can't run out of.
I have a pretty fast connection, yet the latentcy seems kinda sucky. Headphone seem worthless. Footsteps seem really faint.
So many tight corners and dark ares have turned this into a real camper heaven. I'm also surprised at how many players get away with just standing there and shooting you when you spawn/come around a corner. The UAV doesn't seem as tight. Maybe it's the latentcy thing.

Are you guys loving it, or just liking it?

I like it, but I don't feel the rush I got from the other MW games or Rainbow 6. I know it's only been a week and I've picked the game up way faster than the four guys I play with, who've been playing since the game started, but I'm not feeling the love with this game. (Despite all the very cool perks and reward system they've set up.)

PaceBalls
12-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Who is playing Star Wars The Old Republic? Early access starts in three days :)

I am playing a Chiss Imperial Agent as if you couldn't tell.

I was so on the fence with this game at first, but I had so much fun in the last beta I really can't wait to play again.

Wage
12-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Who is playing Star Wars The Old Republic? Early access starts in three days :)

I am playing a Chiss Imperial Agent as if you couldn't tell.

I was so on the fence with this game at first, but I had so much fun in the last beta I really can't wait to play again.

I will be there with ya. I've played every major and most minor MMOs since UO, so putting 3 of my favorite things together in Bioware, Starwars, and MMOs is a no brainer.

I had been set on playing an Imperial Agent from the time the class was announced, but after being in beta for a while I think I have changed my mind. My primary focus in MMOs is PvP, and I am positive I will have more fun going Republic and being vastly outnumbered. Add in the fact I played a Smuggler in SWG and my main is almost sure to be a Scoundrel.

Maybe I will see you out in the battlefield.

Kegboy
12-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Who is playing Star Wars The Old Republic?

I'm still on the fence. I loved KoTOR, and was psyched about this from day one, even though I've never played an MMO. However, the more of the game I see the less interested I am.

I'm also not feeling the monthly fee. Don't get me wrong, I always knew that was gonna be part of it, but between Skyrim and games I expect to get for Christmas, I don't want to get it if I'm not going to dedicate myself to it. Plus, Mass Effect 3 is coming out in a couple months, and I know I'll play the crap out of that.

So, I'm probably going to wait until the spring, or possibly get it, play the free month and then set it aside until I know I'll play it more. :shrug:

Sparhawk
12-10-2011, 11:20 AM

I built my computer for around $2k last year. First time I did it. Took me the whole weekend going very slowly and planning things out to a T. But the first time I turned it on it worked! Just wish I knew how to configure to get the most out of my computer though.

It's a suped up super machine. This baby is going to last me a long time, and the good thing is, is that I can just swap parts moving forward instead of buying an all new desktop.

I really should have bought Skyrim for my PC.

Sparhawk
12-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm still on the fence. I loved KoTOR, and was psyched about this from day one, even though I've never played an MMO. However, the more of the game I see the less interested I am.

I'm also not feeling the monthly fee. Don't get me wrong, I always knew that was gonna be part of it, but between Skyrim and games I expect to get for Christmas, I don't want to get it if I'm not going to dedicate myself to it. Plus, Mass Effect 3 is coming out in a couple months, and I know I'll play the crap out of that.

So, I'm probably going to wait until the spring, or possibly get it, play the free month and then set it aside until I know I'll play it more. :shrug:

Yeah, I hate MMO that cost. If you are going to charge monthly fees, give the game away for free. I'm not dropping $50/$60 bucks on a game and pay monthly fees. I already pay for Xbox live!

Does anyone think that Xbox live will ever be a free service like the Playstation 3?

Kegboy
12-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Does anyone think that Xbox live will ever be a free service like the Playstation 3?

I doubt it, with all the TV services they're adding over the next few months. It would be nice if, with the next Xbox, they went to more of a playstation model where you can game for free and pay only if you want the extra crap. Techinically I guess you can, but the service is so gimped without Gold it's worthless.

neosmndrew
12-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Just got myself Civilization V: GOTY. I was a huge fan of Civ II-III, never managed to get IV. Hopefully this title will cause as many sleepless nights as its predecessors!!

ilive4sports
12-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Just got an xbox 360 ( have had the ps3 for years) and am playing some ncaa football 12

MagicRat
01-06-2012, 03:40 PM
3DS Super Street Fighter

thewholefnshow31
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I have been playing a lot of Saints Row; The Third. It is such a blast to roll around Steelport and just doing crazy stuff especially when you get online and do it with a friend.

Probably popping in Skyrim this weekend after a little break.

jeffg-body
01-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Wii bowling. We had lost the wii controller and it has been a few weeks so I broke down and bought another one seeing that I am the only one who plays now. I have been a bit frustrated with it because I am sucking all over again. One game I had eight splits.

Sparhawk
01-07-2012, 11:36 AM
2K12

My Pacers are 21-1. I find that the computer starts to cheat like mad in the 4th quarter. I'll miss A shot after A shot.

I'm up to a 69. I've also only had 1 A+ rating game. The rating system in this game is a joke. I just had a 22pt 6board 12 assists 4 steal 2 block (3TOs) game and that was only good enough for an A rating. They simply take off too much if your man scores, and whoever you are guarding seems to shoot the ball the most no matter who it is. It's just a bit frustrating.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting an A+? I wish I could tweak the rating. I wonder if my ratings don't go up very much for the good things I do cause I'm a 6'6" point guard.

Trader Joe
01-07-2012, 01:27 PM
No, 2k12 is just an ******* game, haha.

Stryder
01-07-2012, 02:28 PM
A friend gave me his PS3 racing wheel for free. Will be playing some GT5 with it to try it out.

Hicks
01-07-2012, 04:37 PM
No, 2k12 is just an ******* game, haha.

NBA2K games usually find some way of being both ****** and awesome at the same time, so to speak. Sometimes I love playing them, sometimes I've come dangerously close to snapping the disc in half.

Trader Joe
01-07-2012, 05:18 PM
My biggest beef is that computer defenders are so good in the passing lanes, but in order for me to ever create turnovers in a passing lane I have to create them, like the computer controlled defenders on your team rarely tip passes or steal them and certainly not at the ridiculous rate computer controlled players on the opposing team seem to. (this only really applies for human vs. computer games at high difficulty, but it's still abit annoying and IMO at times unrealistic.

Sparhawk
01-07-2012, 05:54 PM
My biggest beef is that computer defenders are so good in the passing lanes, but in order for me to ever create turnovers in a passing lane I have to create them, like the computer controlled defenders on your team rarely tip passes or steal them and certainly not at the ridiculous rate computer controlled players on the opposing team seem to. (this only really applies for human vs. computer games at high difficulty, but it's still abit annoying and IMO at times unrealistic.

That's true. Not only that, but guys rarely ever make it to the FT line. Guess developers would think that might get too boring for the user.

2K11 was the shiz. All they had to do was improve it, and instead they made this piece of **** called 2K12. At least there will be 2K and EA basketball games this year. Just have to wait and see which is better.

Sparhawk
01-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Just had my best game of the season in 2K12 My Player.

26pts, 6rbs, 10assists, 10 steals and 4 blocks. Team is now 23-1.

I was 5-7 from deep and my only two misses were the only two A+ shot feedback I had the entire game. What a load of ********!

10 steals were legit. I don't button mash. I played against the Jazz and they had Rush and Hayward. I had a field day with those two.

PaceBalls
01-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Just got myself Civilization V: GOTY. I was a huge fan of Civ II-III, never managed to get IV. Hopefully this title will cause as many sleepless nights as its predecessors!!

I think the only games I have spent more time in are World of Warcraft and Everquest.

I can start up a game and my whole night is gone without me realizing it until it's too late.

Kegboy
01-14-2012, 10:45 AM
ICO

Wow. Very impressive considering how old it is. Like watching an old classic movie for the first time, really interesting to see what appeared to be obvious design inspirations for games like Uncharted and Portal.

MagicRat
01-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Rocksmith

crazylikeafox
01-26-2012, 12:59 AM
That's true. Not only that, but guys rarely ever make it to the FT line. Guess developers would think that might get too boring for the user.

2K11 was the shiz. All they had to do was improve it, and instead they made this piece of **** called 2K12. At least there will be 2K and EA basketball games this year. Just have to wait and see which is better.

When is EA coming out with a basketball game? Just got a PS3 afternot having a system for a few years, this 2K12 is for the birds, can't stand it. Is EA really coming out with one too?

Sparhawk
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
When is EA coming out with a basketball game? Just got a PS3 afternot having a system for a few years, this 2K12 is for the birds, can't stand it. Is EA really coming out with one too?

EA should have a game out this year.

I believe basketball games come out around October. Still a long wait.

crazylikeafox
01-26-2012, 11:26 AM
EA should have a game out this year.

I believe basketball games come out around October. Still a long wait.

Yeah i found an article online saying EA's NBA Elite12 will come out in the Fall. NBA Elite11 was canceled "because it was a bad game" according to one of EA's executives, they have since switched development teams.

Do you have any idea if there is a roster update to 2K12 that I have to download or does it do it automatically? They still have D. West and C. Paul on the Hornets, no Kyrie Irving or any of the rookies this year, would not have even purchased it if I knew that. Thanks

BRushWithDeath
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah i found an article online saying EA's NBA Elite12 will come out in the Fall. NBA Elite11 was canceled "because it was a bad game" according to one of EA's executives, they have since switched development teams.

Do you have any idea if there is a roster update to 2K12 that I have to download or does it do it automatically? They still have D. West and C. Paul on the Hornets, no Kyrie Irving or any of the rookies this year, would not have even purchased it if I knew that. Thanks

If your system is connected to the internet, it should download the roster update automatically.

Sandman21
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
If your system is connected to the internet, it should download the roster update automatically.

Some people may have to reset their rosters to get the changes to pull down.

Hicks
01-26-2012, 01:14 PM
They automatically update the rosters for me on my Xbox 360 (2k12). In fact, there have been a lot of roster updates. Check your settings.

Sparhawk
01-26-2012, 05:42 PM

Hicks said it. It's because you have Roster save right now and it's loading that at the beginning. Somewhere in your settings there is an option to "reset rosters". That should do it.

There are still players missing from team. I think the Pacers are ok though.

Ownagedood
01-27-2012, 07:07 PM
I didn't want to spam this anywhere, so I put it here..

Just played Team Up on 2k12 and the teams ended up being Pacers and Bulls.. I was assigned DC.. everyone quit on my team before it started cuz they are haters... so its 4 on 1...... I end up dominating! Had to guard Rose and still got the better of them.. I got 20 pts 10 asts 3 rbs 2 stls 1 blk using DC.. we won by 12 points IN chicago haha. I tore them apart with DCs quickness, drive n dish or whatever I felt like.

gummy
02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Just now getting around to Dragon Age: Origins (PC) and enjoying it A LOT. Really immerse experience.

ilive4sports
02-08-2012, 07:15 PM
StarCraft 2

PaceBalls
02-11-2012, 05:16 PM
The Kingdoms of Amalur is freakin amazing. It's an action RPG with the scope of Skyrim, less open world but better combat. I have the PC version.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218160p1.html

Sparhawk
02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
The Kingdoms of Amalur is freakin amazing. It's an action RPG with the scope of Skyrim, less open world but better combat. I have the PC version.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218160p1.html

I'll probably get it, but I'll wait for a price drop.

PaceBalls
02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
I'll probably get it, but I'll wait for a price drop.

One thing that is bugging me is how easy the game is. I am playing it on the hardest level as a pure mage, only at level 14, but very rarely am I overwhelmed.

Frostwolf
02-12-2012, 11:41 PM
kingdoms of amalur is getting too much stick for being too easy when skyrim was also quite easy when you knew what you were doing. not to mention the enchanting/crafting exploit that makes the rest of the game an absolutely joke in terms of difficulty.

it's also easier to kill enemies when the combat system you know, actually lets you do cool things. when was the last time you were able to throw an enemy into the air using chakrams and then blast him, while still in the air, with a storm bolt?

i'm level 32, 79 points in sorcery and about 20 now in might... owning absolute face, but in a good way. fighting hasn't become boring, and i don't think it will become boring anytime soon.

Frostwolf
02-12-2012, 11:42 PM
StarCraft 2

haha teamliquid's NBA thread.. :wave:

ilive4sports
02-13-2012, 02:22 AM
haha teamliquid's NBA thread.. :wave:

We shall take over each board :devil:

Sparhawk
02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
kingdoms of amalur is getting too much stick for being too easy when skyrim was also quite easy when you knew what you were doing. not to mention the enchanting/crafting exploit that makes the rest of the game an absolutely joke in terms of difficulty.

it's also easier to kill enemies when the combat system you know, actually lets you do cool things. when was the last time you were able to throw an enemy into the air using chakrams and then blast him, while still in the air, with a storm bolt?

i'm level 32, 79 points in sorcery and about 20 now in might... owning absolute face, but in a good way. fighting hasn't become boring, and i don't think it will become boring anytime soon.

At low levels, I died quite a bit. Of course a game is going to get easier as you learn the controls and get more powerful items.

Frostwolf
02-14-2012, 08:04 AM
At low levels, I died quite a bit. Of course a game is going to get easier as you learn the controls and get more powerful items.

yeah, i played a lot of skyrim too. you can die quite easily up until the lategame in both games, so it's not an issue of one game or another.

sparhawk, if you liked skyrim, i think you'll like this game just as much. the two games are fundamentally EXTREMELY similar (having sunk at least 60 hours in skyrim and about 35 in reckoning so far) with variations in certain gameplay mechanics (combat being the most conspicuous).

ECKrueger
02-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Modern Warfare 2. Any one play on PS3?

tora tora
02-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Trying to complete achievements on Deus Ex...

Pig Nash
02-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey PurduePacer apropos of nothing, where is your avatar picture taken? Like what section?

ECKrueger
02-18-2012, 10:17 PM
208 or 209

Pig Nash
02-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Oh ok. You look like a couple that sits in from of us in 226. Just doppelgangers though I guess.

ilive4sports
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
not playing, but watching some fighting games at Winter Beatings 6. Justin Wong, dude is on fire. Got the Wong factor going.

Major Cold
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Mass Effect 3 Demo. It is a Demo, and the multi-player must more in depth or it will be an after thought. And if the campaign is weak compared to the previous 2, the multi-player will be the scape goat.

The Campaign Demo looked crisp, the HUD is weak though.

Sparhawk
02-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Mass Effect 3 Demo. It is a Demo, and the multi-player must more in depth or it will be an after thought. And if the campaign is weak compared to the previous 2, the multi-player will be the scape goat.

The Campaign Demo looked crisp, the HUD is weak though.

Skipping the demo. Don't want to spoil anything, no matter how small it might be. Unless the demo won't be in the actual game.

I will be playing Kingdoms of Amalur to unlock ME3 items. ;)

ECKrueger
02-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Oh ok. You look like a couple that sits in from of us in 226. Just doppelgangers though I guess.

I've only been to a couple games anyway.

ilive4sports
02-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Seriously, Justin Wong, the man is just disgustingly good. Takes SSFAE IV and UMvC 3 at Winter Beatings. Comes back from the Losers Bracket in both games too.

Sparhawk
02-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I had 10min left in the Kingdom's demo and it froze on me. Argh!!!

Pig Nash
02-20-2012, 11:07 PM
I like the multi player a lot, (it's all I've been playing) but my only issue is getting kicked 3/4 times cuz my levels are low as I'm trying to level up the different playtypes. I wish I had some friends I could play with consistently.

ECKrueger
02-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Any one who has PS3, my PSN is ericckrueger.

I need people to play with.

neosmndrew
02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Decided to replay Pokemon White on a whim... Pokemon gets surprisingly no love here.

Frostwolf
02-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Decided to replay Pokemon White on a whim... Pokemon gets surprisingly no love here.

the DS versions were surprisingly good for me considering i hate each new generation of pokemon (not the games, the monsters themselves). original 151 will always have a special place in my heart

Sparhawk
02-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Just preordered Mass Effect 3.

I really want Kingdoms of Amalur, but I'll wait for a price drop. ME3 is coming in less than 2 weeks.

neosmndrew
02-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Opted in for Guild Wars 2 beta...

here's to crossing our fingers.

Pig Nash
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Mass Effect 3. Nuff said.

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 01:42 PM

So amazing...

neosmndrew
03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Snagged myself Dues Ex: Human Revolution. Loving it so far.

Sparhawk
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur - everything Fable could have been.

It's not great, but the fighting beats Skyrim.

Major Cold
03-09-2012, 12:44 AM

Can't.................Stop....................Play ing.................:happydanc

Sparhawk
03-09-2012, 10:38 AM

I ordered off Amazon a few weeks ago and it never gave me the option to have it shipped and get it first day. I'm so pissed. I won't get it till next week most likely.

Dgreenwell3
03-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Pretty sure I ****ed it up pretty bad...

Trader Joe
03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
I've only gotten to play the first 40 or 45 minutes of ME3 so far.

SoupIsGood
03-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I've been trying Elder Scrolls Oblivion, since from what I had read it sounded Skyrim-ish but with some of the features I wanted out of Skyrim. I really really like it, and I haven't bothered with mods yet. I only play it as a 30min reward on days where I feel like I've worked really hard, so my character is still very weak. My one complaint is that I hate leveling systems where your character can eventually have perfect scores in every trait. It's such a joykill. I want to constantly be negotiating strength and weakness. But anyway I really like it. I didn't do the fighters, thief, dark brotherhood, or most the daedric quests in Skyrim so I'll probably return to it in a few years when I have a nicer computer and mod it up a bunch.

Skyrim creature leveling is way better though.

Dgreenwell3
03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I've only gotten to play the first 40 or 45 minutes of ME3 so far.

Take your time...I was so excited to see how it ended that I pretty much blew up the earth...

Dgreenwell3
03-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Snagged myself Dues Ex: Human Revolution. Loving it so far.

It was meh...

pacer4ever
03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
MLB the Show 12 I really like the new diamond dynasty mode

Trader Joe
03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Take your time...I was so excited to see how it ended that I pretty much blew up the earth...

Well obviously, you never want to rush through a Mass Effect game.

ilive4sports
03-09-2012, 07:54 PM
looks like i need to avoid this thread until getting ME3.

Dgreenwell3
03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Well obviously, you never want to rush through a Mass Effect game.

Yeah let's just say my fiancÚ even made fin of me for it...

jeffg-body
03-10-2012, 12:12 AM
WII Sports Golfing challenge.

DGPR
03-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne for PS2. Great game and hard as hell!

Kegboy
03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Well, I finished ME3. I took my time, did every side quest available, 35 hours in total. The ending is, well, let's put it this way. I started googling around, and a lot of people are not happy. A lot.

Too be fair there are multiple endings, reportedly as many as 17. However, I played through the ending twice, and watched some videos, and it appears the differences are minor. And note, if you want the best possible ending, you're gonna need to play multiplayer, regardless of what Bioware says. I maxed out the galactic readiness bar, but thanks to a poor multiplier I didn't get the best possible ending. Again though, it's not much of a change.

When more people finish it we'll need to have a discussion. Probably needs to be it's own thread.

Dgreenwell3
03-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Well, I finished ME3. I took my time, did every side quest available, 35 hours in total. The ending is, well, let's put it this way. I started googling around, and a lot of people are not happy. A lot.

Too be fair there are multiple endings, reportedly as many as 17. However, I played through the ending twice, and watched some videos, and it appears the differences are minor. And note, if you want the best possible ending, you're gonna need to play multiplayer, regardless of what Bioware says. I maxed out the galactic readiness bar, but thanks to a poor multiplier I didn't get the best possible ending. Again though, it's not much of a change.

When more people finish it we'll need to have a discussion. Probably needs to be it's own thread.

It wasn't as climactic as the other two games...not nearly...

Trader Joe
03-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Well I haven't beaten it, but I have seen some spoilers and I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. You either win or you lose. Obviously that was the build up this whole time, yes there are some tweaks to each ending, but it's pretty cut or dry IMO as to what was gonna happen this whole time.

Dgreenwell3
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Well I haven't beaten it, but I have seen some spoilers and I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. You either win or you lose. Obviously that was the build up this whole time, yes there are some tweaks to each ending, but it's pretty cut or dry IMO as to what was gonna happen this whole time.

I agree, I can understand the disappointment it's been one of the best trilogies in video game history...the ending had to be a little dissapointing

Kegboy
03-10-2012, 07:20 PM

I've deleted what I was gonna say a few times, cause I don't want to give anything away. We can discuss when you've beaten it, until then we should probably drop it.

Trader Joe
03-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Well I'm about ten hours in so far, and I just have to say that even if the ending isn't the best thing ever, the game is still the best of the 3. Great combination of 1 and 2 for gameplay. And I still think I will probably enjoy the endings.

xBulletproof
03-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Serious *** spoilers in this sucker ... about the Mass Effect 3 ending ....

If you got the super ultimate major awesome ending of ME3, you got to see a burnt up person with N7 dog tags wake up in rubble. It certainly looked like Shepard was waking up in London after the giant lobster zapped him.

Made me believe the entire last few minutes was a dream, or vision and that it really isn't over at all. This is honestly supported by the fact that one of my soldiers was in the Normandy during it's crash landing, except I took him with me to London. How is that possible? Secondly, the Catalyst was the same little boy? What are the odds? He was seeing that little boy in dreams the whole game. Coincidence? I am guessing not.

Trader Joe
03-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Man, ME3 multiplayer is a lot of fun anyway and in one hour I went from 50% Galactic Readiness to 60%

Pig Nash
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I was a little worried about it but, it is pretty fun and a lot like the game now that i don't pause as much as the first two games. Combat is the most fun of any of these games. (yeah, I only got 9% but I don't know how, Joe and I played together!)

Sparhawk
03-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Probably won't start ME3 till I finish Kingdoms of Amalur. The game is quite fun!

jeffg-body
03-12-2012, 11:23 PM
All of you guys are playing the good stuff while I am playing the WII bowling, baseball and some of the training programs. Me and my daughter often but who will win on each game. She dominates me on the tennis and I beat her down on the baseball. Pretty even on bowling right now. We do penny bets and a lot of trash talking. After that it usually decompensates into a wrestling match and my other girl usually jumps in and I get the business from them.

Peck
03-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Probably won't start ME3 till I finish Kingdoms of Amalur. The game is quite fun!

Amazingly suprising game. Very deep in story & tons & tons of quests to do without feeling like your just doing random things.

I just beat it last night and the ending was very satisfying.

bellisimo
03-13-2012, 08:23 AM
started ME3 - having a hard time putting it down.

Kegboy
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
FYI, Star Wars: The Old Republic is having a free weekend starting Thursday, for anyone who has yet to play the game.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120313-0

Of course, they have to do this tourney weekend of all times. Plus, a lot of people are still playing Mass Effect. But I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try. I was planning on getting this in the next month or so, now I can at least see if I can get into the whole MMO thing.

cdash
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Tangent from the Mass Effect Bonerpalooza: Did anyone ever play the new Zelda game for the Wii? I haven't so much as turned on any of my gaming systems since I moved two months ago (blasphemy, I know), and I want to get a new game to dive into now that things are slowing down a tiny bit. What can we tell me about it? Reviews look good...

Sparhawk
03-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Amazingly suprising game. Very deep in story & tons & tons of quests to do without feeling like your just doing random things.

The side quests seem never ending. And I'll start one and end up grabbing a couple more. Right now I've completed the Travelers and Ballads faction quests. I'm working on Warsworn and Arcana now. Haven't came across the Sorrows faction yet.

Been collecting as many lorestones too now they show up on my map. Just wish it showed whether a dungeon/cave has one. I don't think it does.

Still, the combat is 10 times better than Skyrim, but not to take away from Skyrim. Been playing the Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall (which I never beat, but have beat Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim).

BRushWithDeath
03-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Tangent from the Mass Effect Bonerpalooza: Did anyone ever play the new Zelda game for the Wii? I haven't so much as turned on any of my gaming systems since I moved two months ago (blasphemy, I know), and I want to get a new game to dive into now that things are slowing down a tiny bit. What can we tell me about it? Reviews look good...

If you're a Zelda fan at all, get it. It's good. Not the best ever but not the worst in the series. Very, very good.

Trader Joe
03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Personally, I'd say it's the best Zelda game since Ocarina which as any kid/teen from the 90s worth anything knows is on a pedestal that will never be reached again.

cdash
03-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Personally, I'd say it's the best Zelda game since Ocarina which as any kid/teen from the 90s worth anything knows is on a pedestal that will never be reached again.

That is high praise. Ocarina of Time is probably my favorite game of all time. I dug up my old N64 a couple of years ago just so I could play that game again. Thanks for the responses guys. I'll have to get this game for sure.

BRushWithDeath
03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
That is high praise. Ocarina of Time is probably my favorite game of all time. I dug up my old N64 a couple of years ago just so I could play that game again. Thanks for the responses guys. I'll have to get this game for sure.

Download Ocarina onto Wii. Totally stands the test of time and worth the replay. Pretty remarkable.

Sparhawk
03-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Download Ocarina onto Wii. Totally stands the test of time and worth the replay. Pretty remarkable.

I downloaded it too, but have yet to play it.

Link to the Past is one of my favs.

Couldn't get into Twilight Princess. They made that game way too easy, but it just wasn't fun.

bellisimo
03-19-2012, 05:46 AM
there is so much going on with ME3 that I want to read up on and discuss with people but its impossible to do so without finishing the game first to avoid the spoilers...

Kegboy
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
there is so much going on with ME3 that I want to read up on and discuss with people but its impossible to do so without finishing the game first to avoid the spoilers...

There'll be plenty of time when you're done. Don't focus on the need to finish it. Enjoy the experience because, well, you know all those sayings about the joy is in the journey and not the completion. Applies here.

bellisimo
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
There'll be plenty of time when you're done. Don't focus on the need to finish it. Enjoy the experience because, well, you know all those sayings about the joy is in the journey and not the completion. Applies here.

yup just finished it and I can understand people's frustration with the end...however I can take it as closure to this wonderful chapter. This has been an amazing series (and probably the only series of games which I've ever bothered to follow up and finish).

SoupIsGood
03-20-2012, 02:36 PM

I was Really interested in their emphasis on story. Do they convey it organically or do they hit you with walls of text over and over? As much as I love reading I find it irritating in video games.

Hicks
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm getting excited to try out (whenever there's a demo) the new Amazing Spider-Man game that ties in with the new movie.

From what I'm seeing and hearing, they've basically created the Spider-Man equivalent of Batman Arkham City.

Dgreenwell3
03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm getting excited to try out (whenever there's a demo) the new Amazing Spider-Man game that ties in with the new movie.

From what I'm seeing and hearing, they've basically created the Spider-Man equivalent of Batman Arkham City.

So basically spider man 2 the game? I really enjoyed the last two spider man games...they were decent non tie ins.

gummy
03-25-2012, 03:09 AM
I know everyone has long since left this game behind, but I just got around to picking up Dragon Age Origins a month or so ago and finished it last night. Amazing, and will stick with me for a long time. Makes me grumpy that DA2 is supposedly crappy in comparison.

Looks like I may snag Kingdoms of Amalur after I play the other origin stories and DA:O expansion stuff.

Peck
03-25-2012, 04:21 AM
I was Really interested in their emphasis on story. Do they convey it organically or do they hit you with walls of text over and over? As much as I love reading I find it irritating in video games.

I did not find it to be dialoge overkill at all. I think the amount of story vs. action is actually perfect in this game.

Frostwolf
03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I did not find it to be dialoge overkill at all. I think the amount of story vs. action is actually perfect in this game.

lorestones telling you bits and pieces of the backstory of the region i particularly found to be a nice touch. mini-stories you have to roam to find each piece of...

ilive4sports
03-28-2012, 04:23 AM
just got a dota 2 key :D

MagicRat
03-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Kinect Adventures and Knights of the Old Republic......

tora tora
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
I need to pull out my old Xbox and give kotor another playthrough, love that game.

thewholefnshow31
04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Put Skyrim back in after spending some time with Saints Row 3.

The game is addictive, but at the same time it is so frustrating with the dragons. I had a dragon attack me when I fast traveled to Whiterun when I was just jumping to each city to sell some stuff and do two jobs for the Thieves Guild. Then I had another one attack me when I fast travled back to Riften.

Sometimes I just want to play the game and do side stuff and not freaking fight dragons!

DGPR
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Put Skyrim back in after spending some time with Saints Row 3.

The game is addictive, but at the same time it is so frustrating with the dragons. I had a dragon attack me when I fast traveled to Whiterun when I was just jumping to each city to sell some stuff and do two jobs for the Thieves Guild. Then I had another one attack me when I fast travled back to Riften.

Sometimes I just want to play the game and do side stuff and not freaking fight dragons!

I agree, fighting dragons every time you fast travel does get tiresome, and they should at least drop better stuff than bones and scales that take up half of your inventory allowance.

thewholefnshow31
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree, fighting dragons every time you fast travel does get tiresome, and they should at least drop better stuff than bones and scales that take up half of your inventory allowance.

I love the prices I get for the bones and scales, but dang sometimes I just want to a few missions and then call it a night. Instead I am fighting a dragon, killing it, going some where to sell the stuff, and then getting on my way. Next time I fast travel it happens again I got to repeat myself.

That is why for the longest time I just hold on the Dragonstone because once you return that to the mage in Whiterun the dragons come out. The problem with holding onto it the damn thing weighs 25 lbs.

04-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Red Dead Redemption

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1KlzGJw_Gw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1KlzGJw_Gw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Pig Nash
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Journey

It's on the PSN for 15 dollars. Go buy it and play it.

MagicRat
04-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Uncharted 3 and Starfox 64 3D......

neosmndrew
04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
I was completing shocked on my birthday this week by my friends getting me not one, not two, but THREE amazing lookings games (all for PC)! Portal 2, Dead Space 2, and LA Noire. Portal 2 is amazing, Dead Space 2 freaks the living daylights out of me, and LA Noire is deep! I also got myself Guild Wars 2! Beta is amazing. Wowee! I have soemthing to do this summer! Exclamation point!

travmil
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Now those are good friends!

Dgreenwell3
04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
being a big time mystery fan...I love LA Noire

Sparhawk
04-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Just beat Kingdoms of Amalur.

I'll be starting ME3 real soon. Just taking a break from the xbox right now.

ilive4sports
05-01-2012, 12:50 AM
I was completing shocked on my birthday this week by my friends getting me not one, not two, but THREE amazing lookings games (all for PC)! Portal 2, Dead Space 2, and LA Noire. Portal 2 is amazing, Dead Space 2 freaks the living daylights out of me, and LA Noire is deep! I also got myself Guild Wars 2! Beta is amazing. Wowee! I have soemthing to do this summer! Exclamation point!

I watched a bit of the GW2 beta and it looked quite good, hearing good things about it as well.

neosmndrew
05-01-2012, 02:41 AM
I watched a bit of the GW2 beta and it looked quite good, hearing good things about it as well.

It is, thus far, simply stunning. I've played my fair share of MMORPGs, including WoW, and this is far and away the best. Still could use polishing, but isn't that what a beta is for?

Pacer624
05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Tried playing a buddy online in NBA 2K12 but damn thing kept freezing up :(

Coupe
05-02-2012, 12:55 AM
If anyone plays any free mmo's on pc.. PM me. never have any friends for any lol

Hypnotiq
05-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Dungeon Defenders, so addicting.

Nuntius
05-02-2012, 04:17 PM
NBA 2k11