PDA

View Full Version : What Video game did you last play?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

DGPR
04-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I bought mlb2k11 and i cant stand to look at it. I have mlb the show also and the difference is night and day

I sold my PS3 so I can only buy mlb2k11 for the 360. My choices were extremely limited but it's still a good baseball game.

Skaut_Ech
04-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Well, I have played the crap out of Black Ops and have finally decided to break it's crack-like hold on me and get some new games. One I ordered, which is due in the mail today is Crysis 2. Anyone played it? Thoughts?

Shade
04-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm on the fence about getting a 3DS. Nintendo really dropped the ball on the launch of this thing. No "must-have" launch titles and very, very few demos to test the system out. I want to see the thing in action before I decide if I want to plunk down $250 on it or not.

Methinks they've become complacent and, from what I can see, it's hurting sales.

travmil
04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
The two biggest things are the price and no demo units. I got to see one the other day but it was only because the gal at Gamestop let me check hers out.

Kegboy
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
One I ordered, which is due in the mail today is Crysis 2. Anyone played it? Thoughts?

I haven't, but a friend just finished and enjoyed it so much he's gonna play through it again, which he almost never does.

Sparhawk
04-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I haven't, but a friend just finished and enjoyed it so much he's gonna play through it again, which he almost never does.

I want this game, but I like playing FPS with a friend. Needs coop.

bellisimo
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
One I ordered, which is due in the mail today is Crysis 2. Anyone played it? Thoughts?

I've played 15 minutes of it so far...still waiting to finish Dragon Age II before I get into it....it seems like it'll be a fun game from what i've experienced so far...also looks amazing on the PC.

Spirit
04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm on the fence about getting a 3DS. Nintendo really dropped the ball on the launch of this thing. No "must-have" launch titles and very, very few demos to test the system out. I want to see the thing in action before I decide if I want to plunk down $250 on it or not.

Methinks they've become complacent and, from what I can see, it's hurting sales.

It'll pick up. Great games take a couple of years to make, so give it some time. I'm going to get it ASAP, which will probably be around my next semester in College.

bellisimo
04-07-2011, 06:46 AM
coming towards the end of Dragon Age II it seems from the way things have picked up and the title of the next mission/objective...

one thing I gotta mention is just how much I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with my companions. Its like everything i want to do, they hate me for it - I had long ago decided to be as stubborn as they are with their decisions and take the consequences....looking for a fun finale of the game...

yoadknux
04-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, it's fun to have rivarlies with your NPCs. The weird thing is that as a guy you can flirt with pretty much any other guy in the game :confused: I'm not against 1-2 options but I think I had more chances to sleep with men than with women. Whatever lol

As for Crysis 2. I think it's a lot better than the original Crysis.
Firstly, the game runs SO much better. The lowest settings have Crysis 1 graphics with better FPS. The overall plot also gets a lot more interesting. The gameplay is a lot more fast.
I didn't like how they handled some of the objectives though, and sometimes it felt like "Just go to point A, wait for something to happen, go to point B...." etc. Without any real explanations. And I guess the characters around you don't really develop. But overall it's a great game.

Sparhawk
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah, it's fun to have rivarlies with your NPCs. The weird thing is that as a guy you can flirt with pretty much any other guy in the game :confused: I'm not against 1-2 options but I think I had more chances to sleep with men than with women. Whatever lol

As for Crysis 2. I think it's a lot better than the original Crysis.
Firstly, the game runs SO much better. The lowest settings have Crysis 1 graphics with better FPS. The overall plot also gets a lot more interesting. The gameplay is a lot more fast.
I didn't like how they handled some of the objectives though, and sometimes it felt like "Just go to point A, wait for something to happen, go to point B...." etc. Without any real explanations. And I guess the characters around you don't really develop. But overall it's a great game.

Hmmm, I'll probably pick the game of the year edition up later down the road.

bellisimo
04-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Finished Dragon Age II - spent 40 hours on it...now gonna check out youtube for how things would happen if I were to pick other decisions... :D

Constellations
04-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Still working on Call Of Duty 2 on Veteran... was gonna finish it up Sunday, but me and my girl scored some tickets for the game.

yoadknux
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Finished Dragon Age II - spent 40 hours on it...now gonna check out youtube for how things would happen if I were to pick other decisions... :D
Found any "real" weapons?

Kegboy
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Borrowed Black Ops from a friend and just finished the campaign. Wow Treyarch, way to make the Modern Warfare narrative look coherent and cogent by comparison.

bellisimo
04-13-2011, 05:38 AM
Found any "real" weapons?

can't say I found any that was mother of all weapons...they were all relatively close to each other...

ilive4sports
04-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Anyone that likes StarCraft II go and checkhttp://www.nasl.tv

Its a new star league based here in the states (which is huge). It started last night and has top players from all over the world. I'm actually a writer for the league too.

There is a free low quality (about 480p, looks pretty good) broadcast tuesdays-saturdays starting at 8:30pm. You can get HD for $25 per season which is like three months long and also get HD VODs too.

PaceBalls
04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
coming towards the end of Dragon Age II it seems from the way things have picked up and the title of the next mission/objective...

one thing I gotta mention is just how much I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with my companions. Its like everything i want to do, they hate me for it - I had long ago decided to be as stubborn as they are with their decisions and take the consequences....looking for a fun finale of the game...

I haven't finished it yet, but I always take the rude a-hole route with the dialogues and it is quite fun.

This game got so many bad reviews from players, but I love it. It is one of the best games I have played and it looks fantastic with the high res textures and the player made texture mod in DX11.

If you don't know about it check out this player made texture mod. It improves the detail alot on top of the high res texture pack released by Bioware.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2219

Sparhawk
04-18-2011, 12:04 PM
More Skyrim goodness. It's gonna be enormous!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1162158p1.html

If only I could sleep till November 11th.

Trader Joe
04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I can haz pet dragon?

Sparhawk
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
I can haz pet dragon?

If they would only let us have a dragon to ride. Even if they added it later like the infamous horse armor, I might be willing to buy a dragon to take me places.

Constellations
04-20-2011, 02:29 AM
NBA JAM

Lol.

Lord Helmet
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Gears of War 3: Beta

ilive4sports
04-21-2011, 11:54 PM

Is it just like 1 and 2?

Sparhawk
04-22-2011, 09:20 AM

Details man, c'mon!

yoadknux
04-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Assassin's creed brotherhood

Lord Helmet
04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Is it just like 1 and 2?

Details man, c'mon!
I only played a little on my brother's account, because he got the Bulletstorm Epic edition, and that beta opened this Monday. He's giving me a code for preordering the game and that opens up the 25th, I think.

I only played a few matches, but it looks like the multiplayer has been completely refined. Same gameplay, but just better, faster, more accurate (especially since they went to dedicated servers) Gone are the days of the host having the most powerful shotguns and weapons. I found myself taking down players spraying them with bullets from my Lancer. Which seemed to be a rare occurrence in the first two games.

If you hold down the B button, you have like a red bar that decreases over about 10 seconds, but if you are close enough it makes your guy lunge and stab a player with your gun.

In the mode we were playing, you had an amount of lives, and so you'd die but quickly respawn, so no more waiting in the death lobby for ages, either, which is great.

I'm pretty excited for this game.

itscaleb
04-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Anyone that likes StarCraft II go and checkhttp://www.nasl.tv

Its a new star league based here in the states (which is huge). It started last night and has top players from all over the world. I'm actually a writer for the league too.

There is a free low quality (about 480p, looks pretty good) broadcast tuesdays-saturdays starting at 8:30pm. You can get HD for $25 per season which is like three months long and also get HD VODs too.

I'm an avid viewer of the NASL! fun stuff to watch, especially since I'm a big sc2 fan and player. Loving Incontrol as a commentator.

Hicks
04-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm looking forward to GOW3. I'm not going to get into the beta, but this inspired me to go ahead and pre-order it on Amazon.

Also, thanks to this thread, I'm now watching NASL. :)

ilive4sports
04-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Glad you guys are liking the NASL! Just wrote an article for it tonight, should be up tomorrow. They've certainly had some problems so far, but are definitely working towards making it great.

Oh and if you are curious about the HD pass, my god, it looks beautiful in 1080p. Hell the 480p looks damn good lol.

graphic-er
04-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Socom 4, pretty decent so far. Though the PSN network has been down now for several days due to a cyber attack. So I've only played online a couple of times.

One thing i have not figured out yet is how to use the blue tooth mic to issue commands to my squad. In previous socom game you tell your squad to take out a target you point at, get to cover, etc.... now it seems like you have just direction buttons that accomplish this.

Skaut_Ech
04-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Been playing Crysis 2 when I find the time. I'm pretty intrigued by it, but I'm only about 2 hours in. The power suit idea is pretty sweet. I'm more a tactical player in FPS, than shoot everything that moves, and this game really plays into that. It seems like the game reallly takes an easy on you at first as you learn how to use the tactical display and "tag" your enemies. The invisible stealth mode is beyond suh-weet and I suspect it's going to be abused in multiplayer. The controls are COD-esque. Anyone else playing thiis?

MagicRat
04-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Lego Batman

Pig Nash
04-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Just joined Gamefly for a 2 week trial. Have Dragon Age 2 and Portal 2 coming, am excited.

I know a few of you have used/are using Gamefly. What are your opinions? How long does it take to get the discs in Indiana?

Hicks
04-28-2011, 11:52 PM
It's like Netflix, but much slower. I've been off of Gamefly for many months now, but my memory is vaguely that it takes at least twice as long to get discs.

But I'd still recommend it, if you have the time to play the games.

And it's a great way to buy used games. Especially when it's the game you currently have rented out and just opt to keep it; they just mail you the case and booklet.

Pig Nash
04-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah I saw that. I have some extra money coming in for the summer with my job at the Zoo gift shop starting again. I'll be busier but there are days when it rains and I'll have a whole day off so I figured it was worth it. Especially for games like Portal 2 when I can play through in a day or 2 cuz I won't be playing the Coop.

Hicks
04-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Just spent an hour of wasted time with Starcraft 2. Was fiddling around with playing matches against/with the AI.

I had 3v3, me and two "very hard" AI versus 3 "very hard" AI.

Time after time, the first thing to happen was one of my allies just getting wiped out. I finally gave up and tried other things, but so far either my allies suck or they're too powerful. No fun either way.

Tomorrow or whenever I try again, I'm going back to 1v1 for now.

ilive4sports
04-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Just spent an hour of wasted time with Starcraft 2. Was fiddling around with playing matches against/with the AI.

I had 3v3, me and two "very hard" AI versus 3 "very hard" AI.

Time after time, the first thing to happen was one of my allies just getting wiped out. I finally gave up and tried other things, but so far either my allies suck or they're too powerful. No fun either way.

Tomorrow or whenever I try again, I'm going back to 1v1 for now.

Playing with the AI is pretty much a waste of time. 1v1 against them is what I usually do to warm up or get back into the swing of things when I play. Multiplayer is so dependent on working together and its hard to do with a computer haha.

I'm pissed, since my laptop is out of commission I don't have a computer that can even attempt to run the game. But I am getting a computer that will be able to run the game, just have to save up for it. Then I will be playing a lot more. For now I will just watch way too much of it. Watching iNcontroL's stream now actually.

Oh and Gamefly is definitely worth it in my book. My roommate and I split the two games at a time plan and it was awesome. Way better than paying $60 for a new game to play it for a week or two.

travmil
04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
I haven't had Gamefly for a very long time now. My biggest problem with them was they would send you games VERY far down your Q. So I would empty it out except for about 5 games to make sure I got one I wanted. Only thing is when you do that, they CONSTANTLY bug you to add more games to your Q. I'm talking an e-mail every other day and a BIG header at the top of the page when you logged in as a reminder. I had another problem where I had a game on the way that never arrived. I called them and told them so they sent it again which also never arrived. They basically accused me of stealing both games and threatened legal action until I called the postmaster at my local post office who then informed them that the games were NEVER at his office. I might have even told this story earlier in this thread or in another Gamefly thread.

Hicks
04-29-2011, 12:34 PM
I was never accused of stealing, but I recall the queue being a bit of a pain. I don't care about emails or banners, but it was annoying have to slim down my queue just to keep my place in line for a hot new game. And even then, you may be waiting for weeks.

Pig Nash
04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I had heard that from you guys, but I got a new release game coming right away, so maybe they've gotten a bit better about it.

Hicks
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Sometimes it was fine. Maybe they work harder when you're new. ;)

BringJackBack
04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Playing good old L4D...

Kegboy
04-30-2011, 01:39 AM
Probably played close to 8 hours of Gears 3 today. All I see is blood and all I hear is the shotgun, over and over and over again. :hmm:

ilive4sports
05-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Any starcraft fans just watch the GSL Code S semifinals?

Game 5 of sC vs Nestea had to be the best sc2 game I have ever seen. Oh man that was amazing.

itscaleb
05-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Any starcraft fans just watch the GSL Code S semifinals?

Game 5 of sC vs Nestea had to be the best sc2 game I have ever seen. Oh man that was amazing.

I usually watch GSL every night, except most times I can't stick around for the entirety since I have to sleep to wakeup somewhat early. I missed that matchup, looks like a sick matchup, if only i had the gsl pass thing.

Checking out the up/downs now though.

Trader Joe
05-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Been playing some Bad Company 2 recently...

Peck
05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Playing Texas Heat on Xbox live & had a horrid experiance last night.

10 man elimination match. $100,000 dollar buy in for $1,000,000 pot.

Down to me and another guy with me leading in money collection by $172,000.

Cards are dealt, we both call. Then the flop, I'm one card away from a straight. He raises $10,000, I call. Then a 10 is dealt, I have my straight, he checks so I know he doesn't have anything so I'm about to rais him when.......

My :censored::censored::censored: internet disconnects and I lose connection to Xbox live. :banghead::banghead::banghead::scream::scream::scr eam:

So instead of winning $1,000,000 I just lost $100,000 with nothing in return.:bananadea

Sparhawk
05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Playing Texas Heat on Xbox live & had a horrid experiance last night.

10 man elimination match. $100,000 dollar buy in for $1,000,000 pot.

Down to me and another guy with me leading in money collection by $172,000.

Cards are dealt, we both call. Then the flop, I'm one card away from a straight. He raises $10,000, I call. Then a 10 is dealt, I have my straight, he checks so I know he doesn't have anything so I'm about to rais him when.......

My :censored::censored::censored: internet disconnects and I lose connection to Xbox live. :banghead::banghead::banghead::scream::scream::scr eam:

So instead of winning $1,000,000 I just lost $100,000 with nothing in return.:bananadea

Dude, when that type of ***** happens to me, I can't even look at my xbox for like a week.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Just picked up a PSP and grabbed NBA 2K11 for it. Pretty awesome.

cdash
05-11-2011, 12:27 AM
5 days until LA Noire. I'm preparing accordingly.

Constellations
05-11-2011, 12:33 AM

Looks to be quite an EPIC game.

KingGeorge
05-11-2011, 01:50 AM

I am definitely going to the midnight release!

Spirit
05-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Portal 2, Pokemon Black, and WWE 2011 is all i've been playing lately. I've traded so many games in that my collection is crappy.

Skaut_Ech
05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Dude, when that type of ***** happens to me, I can't even look at my xbox for like a week.

In that vein, I had a disconnect as I was putting up my highest single match score EVER in Black Ops, then....disconnect.

Last night, for the first time ever, I threw my controller against the wall. I'm trying to think how I can explain the damage before my wife gets home. I also need to break out my best buy gift card I got last year so I can buy a new controller. :o

I feel ya, Peck. I feel ya.

ilive4sports
05-11-2011, 02:11 PM
For some reason I can't get into LA Noire. I don't know what it is, but I just can't.

pacer4ever
05-11-2011, 03:12 PM

It is gonna be so sick it is a mid night releaser for me

Sparhawk
05-11-2011, 04:21 PM
LA Noire looks real good. Doubt I get the game though. Just no time to play games right now.

Spirit
05-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Why does every game that comes out have to be a shooter? Totally not my style.

pacer4ever
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Why does every game that comes out have to be a shooter? Totally not my style.

LA Noire isnt a shooter

cdash
05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
In that vein, I had a disconnect as I was putting up my highest single match score EVER in Black Ops, then....disconnect.

Last night, for the first time ever, I threw my controller against the wall. I'm trying to think how I can explain the damage before my wife gets home. I also need to break out my best buy gift card I got last year so I can buy a new controller. :o

I feel ya, Peck. I feel ya.

Between Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Playstation, XBox, XBox 360, etc...I bet I have broken no less than 30 controllers by throwing them into a wall.

pacer4ever
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Between Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Playstation, XBox, XBox 360, etc...I bet I have broken no less than 30 controllers by throwing them into a wall.

wow I havent ever done that lol

ilive4sports
05-11-2011, 08:27 PM

Surprisingly I've never broken a controller in that way. I usually keep like a nerf ball near by and throw that instead.

At least you haven't punched your hand through a tv.

Peck
05-11-2011, 09:04 PM

Man I'm glad you admitted this. I thought it was just me.:blush:

BringJackBack
05-11-2011, 09:09 PM
At least you haven't punched your hand through a tv.

QFT

This is such a pain. Years back when 2K7 came out, something happened that pissed me off and I just cracked the flatscreen TV. Ruined it.

Spirit
05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
LA Noire isnt a shooter
There is some shooting in it, not to mention a list full of reasons why it's M for mature.

pacer4ever
05-11-2011, 10:11 PM
There is some shooting in it, not to mention a list full of reasons why it's M for mature.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/lanoire/index.html

There is shooting in a lot of games not all of them are shooters. I wouldnt call LA Noire a shooter because it is more about investgating then shooting and killing people. You are trying to solve murders as a cop Im not sure you will shoot a ton of people. If it is half as good as Red Dead this game will be amazing.

Perfect example of this is Alan Wake which is the farthest thing from a shooter but you actually use a gun quite a bit. One more example is the GTA series shooting is a major part of game play but it isnt considered a shooter.(LA Noire is gonna be like GTA in a lot of ways)

pacer4ever
05-11-2011, 10:14 PM
QFT

This is such a pain. Years back when 2K7 came out, something happened that pissed me off and I just cracked the flatscreen TV. Ruined it.

:eek: wow u all take gaming way to serious damm. I paid to much for my TV and games to get mad and break the stuff.

Hicks
05-11-2011, 10:46 PM
I broke a PS2 controller once when I slammed it on the ground. Broke right in the middle as if I'd snapped it in half. I'd almost bet money it was an NBA game that got me riled up. I'm at my most competitive when it's an NBA game.

I think I've slammed an Xbox (360?) controller on the ground before, but I don't think it broke.

bellisimo
05-12-2011, 04:49 AM
consider me as one of those unhappy with R*'s decision to not make their games available to PC

ilive4sports
05-12-2011, 05:01 AM
consider me as one of those unhappy with R*'s decision to not make their games available to PC

Thats a bunch of :bs: that its not on PC. I find myself gravitating toward PC games more than console lately. So much more potential.

DGPR
05-12-2011, 08:14 AM
I took a run through Final Fantasy VIII again. It took me a couple months to do it but it's still my favorite game of all time. Crysis 2 just arrived from GameFly so it's time to dig in....

Hicks
05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Final Fantasy 8 is your favorite game of all time?

Hicks
05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm flirting with reactivating my Gamefly account to give LA Noire a try.

Sparhawk
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Final Fantasy 8 is your favorite game of all time?

No kidding. I love FF, but 8 was *****ing terrible. The lead character was just an emo. I couldn't even finish the game.

I truly wish they would redo FF3. Gawd, that game could be flat out awesome.

Sadly, I've only beaten FF1 and FF7.

Trader Joe
05-12-2011, 12:36 PM
FF8 is not a terrible game...It's not 7, but it's not terrible either.

Hicks
05-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I still wish they'd produce a PS3 graphics version of FF7, like that demo we saw years back.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/thsnDqQu0mQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If they made the entire game look and sound like that, I'd buy a PS3 just so I could buy FF7 again.

Or hopefully it'd be available on the 360.

DGPR
05-12-2011, 11:53 PM
FF8 had the awesome card game and I loved the storyline. I'm not saying it was the best Final Fantasy but it was/is my favorite.

edit: Also I played FF11 for 4 years and absolutely loved every minute of it, even though I can't really consider it to be a FF game.

thewholefnshow31
05-13-2011, 03:29 PM
NBA 2K11

My center who is leading in the MVP, rookie of the year, and defensive player of year race, is 3rd in scoring, 1st in rebounds, and 1st in block shots just got put on the bench so Blake Griffin and David Lee can start at the center and power forward position.

I love NBA 2K11 but sometimes the intelligence of the computer in MyPlayer just drives me nuts.

BringJackBack
05-13-2011, 07:33 PM
:eek: wow u all take gaming way to serious damm. I paid to much for my TV and games to get mad and break the stuff.

No kidding. I can't play games on anything other than easy/medium and I don't try on games when I play online because if I play seriously then I get too competitive. I am always in a Xbox party w/ my friends and I have to stay level headed.

FINALLY GETTING 2K TONIGHT!!

KingGeorge
05-16-2011, 04:20 PM
L.A. Noire for the 360 comes with 3 discs. Wow.

pacer4ever
05-16-2011, 04:22 PM

Ive read some reviews that say the ending is terrible. I hope they mean it has a sequel ending where it doesnt make sense unless we get a sequel. I cant wait midnight 2 nite

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1168417p1.html

ilive4sports
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Didn't Mass Effect 2 come with 3 discs too?

KingGeorge
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Didn't Mass Effect 2 come with 3 discs too?

2 I believe.

KingGeorge
05-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Ive read some reviews that say the ending is terrible. I hope they mean it has a sequel ending where it doesnt make sense unless we get a sequel. I cant wait midnight 2 nite

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1168417p1.html

Yeah I have seen a lot of 8.5 and 9's though. I'm still pretty stoked about it though. I have to wait until tomorrow to get it because Bloomington isn't having a midnight release.

pacer4ever
05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
2 I believe.

it will proably just be disks that shows how the game was made. This is a true pioneer game. I wonder how many if any more games will be made the way this was.

KingGeorge
05-16-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.fudzilla.com/games/item/22647-3-discs-for-la-noire-on-360

Sources are confirming that the Rockstar release of L.A. Noire will use three discs in the Xbox 360 version. The news is not actually that much of a surprise, since the game is massive with more than 400 actors in this open world crime drama.

The target for the game was to fit it on a single layer Blu-ray disc, which is 25GB, and the PlayStation 3 version just barely fits. As they had to use three discs for the Xbox 360 version, the developers were said to be very sensitive to players not having to get up and switch the discs over and over again.

As we told you some time ago, to finish the core story in L.A. Noire, if you donít take any detours for the side missions and stuff it will take as little as 25 hours to complete - to as much as 30 hours - depending on how fast you go. It looks to provide a significant amount of game play for the money.

Rockstar is also planning a stream of downloadable content that players can purchase to expand the game. This DLC content slots seamlessly into the existing game, which is actually unique in the way they do it. L.A. Noire is set to be released May 16th in North America, followed by a European release on May 20th.

Hicks
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Starcraft 2, TvP Very Hard AI.

I've learned how to beat the very hard AI in other matchups, but this one is bothering me right now.

I like to slowly build up as a Terran, but very hard protoss AI just doesn't allow it because they rush to building colossi very quickly. Literally their first waive is 1-2 colussus, a few stalkers, and about 5-8 zealots.

By that point, I usually just am getting to my factory if I was trying to take my time with a healthy ecomony.

Best I can figure is I'll just have to rush to siege tanks to counter, then decide what I need to do from there.

I had one game where I did that, but I was indecisive on what else to do, so all that ended up happening was I harassed with a few vikings while my 6-8 tanks held down the fort, then when I needed to start a second base, they hit me with a waive that's enough to knock out the expansion plus break through my tank defense, and my vikings offer little to no assistance.

I'm really frustrated. I know there's going to be ways to counter this, but I prefer to balance between what works and how I like things, and this time I'm afraid I'll have to go all-in with something I don't like but will work in order to win.

The question is what to pursue after my initial wall of about 6 siege tanks to hold off an early attack.

I was thinking banshees.

pacer4ever
05-16-2011, 05:28 PM
http://www.fudzilla.com/games/item/22647-3-discs-for-la-noire-on-360

25gb holy **** if you have to switch disks does that mean only part of the world is on eacg disk? I doubt it but that would suck.

ilive4sports
05-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Starcraft 2, TvP Very Hard AI.

I've learned how to beat the very hard AI in other matchups, but this one is bothering me right now.

I like to slowly build up as a Terran, but very hard protoss AI just doesn't allow it because they rush to building colossi very quickly. Literally their first waive is 1-2 colussus, a few stalkers, and about 5-8 zealots.

By that point, I usually just am getting to my factory if I was trying to take my time with a healthy ecomony.

Best I can figure is I'll just have to rush to siege tanks to counter, then decide what I need to do from there.

I had one game where I did that, but I was indecisive on what else to do, so all that ended up happening was I harassed with a few vikings while my 6-8 tanks held down the fort, then when I needed to start a second base, they hit me with a waive that's enough to knock out the expansion plus break through my tank defense, and my vikings offer little to no assistance.

I'm really frustrated. I know there's going to be ways to counter this, but I prefer to balance between what works and how I like things, and this time I'm afraid I'll have to go all-in with something I don't like but will work in order to win.

The question is what to pursue after my initial wall of about 6 siege tanks to hold off an early attack.

I was thinking banshees.

For me, the best success I've seen with TvP lately (haven't been able to play cause my good computer is still broke:() has been a Marine/Maurader/Viking combo and Ghosts. EMP is so strong, takes away shields and 100 energy. Plus with the new patch, ghosts cost less gas too.

Pretty much heavy bio (with fast upgrades), vikings for colossus, medivacs because of your bio, and ghosts for emp if they have a lot of sentries or high templar. Ghosts usually come in the later the game goes on.

QXC just was on Mr. Bitter's 12 week with the pro's and discussed TvP (finally watching it myself)http://www.justin.tv/mrbittertv/b/285736774

Also if your playing defensive, don't be afraid to put some extra bunkers down.

Unfortunately its very micro heavy. I kinda feel like Terran in general is very micro heavy and if you have good mechanics and multitasking you can do really well. I'm more of a defensive player myself and usually too passive and thats when I get into trouble. I think I need to harass more with drops to help slow the protoss deathball down. But my mechanics aren't great so dropping and keeping my macro up is difficult.

Hicks
05-16-2011, 07:23 PM
I'll play around with your suggestions. Before seeing your response, I went back in, and won my next match. Then I lost the next one.

What I did in the win was I blocked off my choke with supply depos, and I backed them with 4-6 siege tanks, and the extra thing I did this time was I built a few missle turrets, which were a BIG help when the colossus showed up.

This gave me time to develop my economy and build a couple of starports. I built up about 12 banshees and made a nice hit on their expansion. Their forces were starting to be comprised of immortals, so they obviously did nothing, and that left them with not enough stalkers or guardians to stop me before I could take those units out.

After that, it was really just a matter of concentrating as I took out buildings and periodically focused on threats that approached. Felt pretty good after that.

Then the next game happened.

Same idea, only this time it's like the AI adapted because they knew how to deal with me this time. I got to the same point where I sent off a fleet of banshees to attack their expansion, and I was greeted by a force with no immortals hogging up resources, and instead more stalkers, more guardians.... and a few high templar who psi stormed the crap out of me.

Then they'd slam my choke and do enough damage where I couldn't do more than replenish what I previously had, and then when my economy got tighter, they overwhelmed me. Those psi storms are a *****.

I know the answer is ghosts, but I can't do that and maintain my tank/banshee forces (at the numbers/build speed I like) at the same time, which frustrates me to the point where I'm not having fun.

So if I'm going to try to counter it, I'll just abandon what I've done and try something like what you're suggesting, just so it has a very different, and a deliberate, feel to it.

Hicks
05-16-2011, 08:54 PM
That was so satisfying! I couldn't quite get over the hump when I tried a mix of tanks, marines, marauders, and vikings, but after being flustered yet again, I just said 'eff it' and made 5 barracks ASAP and just pumped out marines, getting them medic support ASAP. Once I had a sizeable enough force, they were toast. A bunch of marines with a 4+ medics, shields, and stems = rain of death.

ilive4sports
05-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Tanks vs Protoss is so hard to get to work when they go colossus honestly. Especially when they have the range upgrade. And mass banshee is hard too just because stalkers are so good.

If you want to stay with tanks I would drop banshees and add ghosts and vikings. With the recent cut of gas costs in ghosts I think you can still afford all three because vikings aren't too gas heavy either.

Psi storm is really strong and only way to counter it is ghosts, or have 3/3 upgrades and a ton of medivacs and dance out of them as fast as possible.

Early cloaked banshee harass can be good, but with protoss usually having a robo out, that means they usually have an observer out too so its just hard to pull off.

I was watching a showmatch between Select and Kiwikaki yesterday and Select was doing some different TvP play that had bio, banshees, tanks, and vikings in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqiMaW2I1Gw

I only saw that game, not sure if he did it in any others which are on that guys youtube channel.

ilive4sports
05-16-2011, 09:08 PM
That was so satisfying! I couldn't quite get over the hump when I tried a mix of tanks, marines, marauders, and vikings, but after being flustered yet again, I just said 'eff it' and made 5 barracks ASAP and just pumped out marines, getting them medic support ASAP. Once I had a sizeable enough force, they were toast. A bunch of marines with a 4+ medics, shields, and stems = rain of death.

I started the previous post before you posted this.

Bio is pretty good against gateway units. Even if they only have one or two colossus out, it still holds up well with medivacs. But if they get more the marines just melt to colossus which is when marauders and vikings are needed. Terran early game definitely has the advantage over protoss imo.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 01:16 AM
**** walmart so i go to the mid night launch and they say just a second we are still looking for the game. Im thinking to myself WTF? Shouldnt u guys already have the game. So a long story short 1hr:30 mins later they still didnt find it **** walmart thank you for wasting my time. How the **** can you lose a game? I've never had a problem with mid night launches but i guess walmart lost all 42 copys of the game F u wally world.

KingGeorge
05-17-2011, 01:19 AM
**** walmart so i go to the mid night launch and they say just a second we are still looking for the game. Im thinking to myself WTF? Shouldnt u guys already have the game. So a long story short 1hr:30 mins later they still didnt find it **** walmart thank you for wasting my time. How the **** can you lose a game? I've never had a problem with mid night launches but i guess walmart lost all 42 copys of the game F u wally world.

I am going to boycott Walmart after this tragedy.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 01:23 AM
I am going to boycott Walmart after this tragedy.

Now i am gonna be tired 2mrw for no reason. I did buy the guide though they could ****ing find that lol. There was 30 people there all of them were really pissed. I wouldnt have been that mad if they didnt keep saying we will find in the next few mintues and got me to lose track of time and stay way to long.

KingGeorge
05-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Now i am gonna be tired 2mrw for no reason. I did buy the guide though they could ****ing find that lol. There was 30 people there all of them were really pissed. I wouldnt have been that mad if they didnt keep saying we will find in the next few mintues and got me to lose track of time and stay way to long.

I would be pissed too. I just don't understand how you lose a case of games, especially one that is about to be released.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 01:34 AM
I would be pissed too. I just don't understand how you lose a case of games, especially one that is about to be released.

ya I know and they kept getting other new games out that no where cared about every1 there wanted Noire. I bet a employee jacked them lol. Because how eles could they just go missing.

The thing that missed me off the most is at about 1am the lady was like "i've been looking since 10:30" After that i was like **** it im gone.

KingGeorge
05-17-2011, 01:37 AM
ya I know and they kept getting other new games out that no where cared about every1 there wanted Noire. I bet a employee jacked them lol. Because how eles could they just go missing.

The thing that missed me off the most is at about 1am the lady was like "i've been looking since 10:30" After that i was like **** it im gone.

If there is a Gamestop in your area, I would just go there tomorrow. I wouldn't want to deal with that Walmart bull****

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 01:39 AM
If there is a Gamestop in your area, I would just go there tomorrow. I wouldn't want to deal with that Walmart bull****

ya im gonna go after school 2mrw to best buy. Hopefully they dont lose the game too.

Constellations
05-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Playing my psp. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Peck
05-17-2011, 04:41 AM
L.A. Noir is every bit as good as I expected. Graphics are far above & beyond any of the Grand Theft Auto. Facial graphics are better than anything I've ever seen on any game.

I'm sure I'll be lost for days playing this.

Constellations
05-17-2011, 06:43 AM
L.A. Noir is every bit as good as I expected. Graphics are far above & beyond any of the Grand Theft Auto. Facial graphics are better than anything I've ever seen on any game.

Definitely worth the cash?

Sparhawk
05-17-2011, 12:33 PM

I so want, but just not time for a game right now. I'll probably get the Platinum Hits version later down the road.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 12:48 PM

Ya the story is really good so far. it plays great but looks amazing truly a pioneer type game i love it so far. Investgating is so fun just got promoted and wear a suit now!

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Definitely worth the cash?

yes you wont regret

Hicks
05-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Ugh. I'm in the mood to take the plunge with LA Noire now, but I just recently had a huge case of buyer's remorse with a non-gaming purchase of, you guessed it, $60 (something I can't return). I really ought not to spend $60 more right now. :(

Trader Joe
05-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Why would you preorder from Wal Mart?

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Why would you preorder from Wal Mart?

$20 off in some cases plus the had an exclusive for LA noire an extra case DLC exclusive for walmart lol

Trader Joe
05-17-2011, 02:30 PM
You got $20 off for preordering from Wal Mart? i've never had that offered.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 02:34 PM
You got $20 off for preordering from Wal Mart? i've never had that offered.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LA-Noire-w-Walmart-Exclusive-Case-Bonus-10-eGift-Card-PS3/16401588

yep the extra case is a walmart exclusive but amazon and walmart normaly always give 10-$20 off(in gift cards).

KingGeorge
05-17-2011, 03:30 PM
LA Noire is amazing! I can't stop playing it.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 03:31 PM
LA Noire is amazing! I can't stop playing it.

i second that am on my 8th case

KingGeorge
05-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Interrogating people is kind of tricky. I just got 6/6 correct on my last person though.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Interrogating people is kind of tricky. I just got 6/6 correct on my last person though.

very tricky i just opened the guide it has all the answers i closed it i dont want to know.

Just got promoted to Homicide cases

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I must say the red lipstick murder crime scene is very very graphic

travmil
05-17-2011, 06:09 PM
LA Noire....whoa. If this thing gets any better you're talking about an all time great game here. I can't put it away.

pacer4ever
05-17-2011, 06:11 PM
LA Noire....whoa. If this thing gets any better you're talking about an all time great game here. I can't put it away.

now on disk 2 I dont think i can stop i am addicted to this game. I use to play Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper or CSI to get my investgatory fill and this game is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000X better. I love how you actually have to seach instead of it being lite up like in CSI or Sherlock holmes

Hicks
05-17-2011, 08:08 PM
I may regret it, but I just ordered LAN on a whim. Should be here Thursday.

KingGeorge
05-17-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm about to start disc 2 of Noire. This game is taking over my life.

cdash
05-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I guess I'm the only person a little underwhelmed by LA Noire.

tora tora
05-17-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm underwhelmed with the framerate issues.

Trader Joe
05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
So I read there's no way to actually lose in LA Noire? Even if you make all the wrong choices you'll still get your info, it just takes longer. So you're basically just reading a book.

I get it's a big jump forward in terms of acting, facial animation, etc., but this being true (that the story will always continue along one plot) really sets it back from a story telling stand point. That is lame. It should be possible to fail a case or even the main story line by missing a clue. Once again, Rockstar seems to have gotten about 50% of the way to a great game and then makes a fatal mistake that makes it just a "good" game. I just can't call a game revolutionary in this day and age if it doesn't punish you for the decisions you make. Which LA Noire does not do as far as I can tell from every review. I will probably pick it up and play it just to see the gameplay, but I don't think I will be able to consider it a "great" game likely just a good one. It sounds like it will be more like watching a movie or reading a book rather than truly playing a game with consequences.

To me, it takes some of the drama/suspense away from the game, knowing that I will always be able to progress the story line.

Kegboy
05-18-2011, 10:03 AM

No, you're not. To be fair, I only played through Patrol, so for the most part my impressions revolved around driving for what seemed like forever and running like I was in sand. I'll sit down with it this weekend and hopefully get more interested.

cdash
05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
No, you're not. To be fair, I only played through Patrol, so for the most part my impressions revolved around driving for what seemed like forever and running like I was in sand. I'll sit down with it this weekend and hopefully get more interested.

To me, it's similar to Grand Theft Auto. The feel, the controls, the shooting, everything. The main difference is you get "punished" for plowing into other cars and injuring people, although from what I've seen you just get chastised at the end of a mission. I loved GTA, but the gameplay is not significantly different besides the time period and the stunning facial graphics, which are truly amazing. The detective stuff is neat, but I seem to suck at it and I spend the majority of my time investigating and usually grabbing objects that have no bearing on anything. It's neat, it's different, but hardly revolutionary. The story is cool, the setting is cool (although one can't help but to see the parallels between this game and the movie LA Confidential, right down to the Irish chief of police). It's neat, and worth playing, but for my money, Red Dead Redemption was vastly superior.

pacer4ever
05-18-2011, 02:55 PM
To me, it's similar to Grand Theft Auto. The feel, the controls, the shooting, everything. The main difference is you get "punished" for plowing into other cars and injuring people, although from what I've seen you just get chastised at the end of a mission. I loved GTA, but the gameplay is not significantly different besides the time period and the stunning facial graphics, which are truly amazing. The detective stuff is neat, but I seem to suck at it and I spend the majority of my time investigating and usually grabbing objects that have no bearing on anything. It's neat, it's different, but hardly revolutionary. The story is cool, the setting is cool (although one can't help but to see the parallels between this game and the movie LA Confidential, right down to the Irish chief of police). It's neat, and worth playing, but for my money, Red Dead Redemption was vastly superior.

RDR is amazing proably my favorite game. What i mean by revolutionary is this is the first game with no facial anamiations so it could start a new trend and i expect it to be in GTA 5.

any word on if they are making RD2 the ending made it seem like a sequel is a must.

I have heard they might make a movie
http://screenrant.com/brad-pitt-red-dead-redemption-movie-rob-75489/

KingGeorge
05-18-2011, 03:19 PM

I agree with this. I don't think it is very fair to compare it to RDR though because it is probably one of the better games of all-time, imo. There are some issues in LAN, but what game doesn't have a few issues.

Maybe people were expecting too much out of this game, but I have found it to be great so far. Like you said, the plot and setting are awesome and it feels like you are watching a movie. The investigation and interrogating make the game unique.

I am only on disc 2, but so far I would give this game a 9/10.

PaceBalls
05-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Witcher 2... PC only. Get it guys. It is amazing. Game of the year probably, if not that it will surely be the RPG of the year.
You need a good computer to see it in all it's glory, but it still looks fantastic at low settings. My incredibly OP computer struggles with it at the max settings.

It is definitely not for kids though! Lot's of F-Bombs and boobies everywhere.

Constellations
05-19-2011, 04:43 AM
Still working on GTA: Liberty City Stories for PSP...

Kegboy
05-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Witcher 2... PC only. Get it guys. It is amazing. Game of the year probably, if not that it will surely be the RPG of the year.
You need a good computer to see it in all it's glory, but it still looks fantastic at low settings. My incredibly OP computer struggles with it at the max settings.

It is definitely not for kids though! Lot's of F-Bombs and boobies everywhere.

I've read some good stuff about it. Would you recommend playing the first one?

Trader Joe
05-19-2011, 08:57 AM
The first one is supposed to be really, really good as well. I know a couple people who played it and rave about it.

PaceBalls
05-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I've read some good stuff about it. Would you recommend playing the first one?

Yes indeed, the first one was released in 2007, but it still looks really good and is one of the best RPGs ever made. The second game is on a whole other level though.

You don't need to play the first to jump into the new one. It does have an option to import character info from the old game however.

I bought The Witcher 1 on steam for $5 a while back. It is always on sale cheap somewhere.

Hicks
05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Just starting LA Noire.

For the record, you can fail (I just injured a suspect I wasn't supposed to), but of course you'll get a do-over to try again.

Trader Joe
05-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Just starting LA Noire.

For the record, you can fail (I just injured a suspect I wasn't supposed to), but of course you'll get a do-over to try again.

Right, but there's no real way to get a different story line than someone else.

pacer4ever
05-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Right, but there's no real way to get a different story line than someone else.

that would be impposible to branch like that. I would like it though if u missed clues the case goes un solved . Some cases you chose between a few suspect and u charge which ever one u feel is gulity could be or u could be wrong.

Trader Joe
05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
that would be impposible to branch like that. I would like it though if u missed clues the case goes un solved . Some cases you chose between a few suspect and u charge which ever one u feel is gulity could be or u could be wrong.

It would not be impossible. Gaming studios like Bioware already do it.

pacer4ever
05-20-2011, 05:23 PM
It would not be impossible. Gaming studios like Bioware already do it.

Not if it changed everytime u guessed wrong that would be a **** ton of work.

pacer4ever
05-20-2011, 07:30 PM
The Quarter Moon Murders case it pretty tuff and my favorite case so far

Spirit
05-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Just got Star Wars the force unleashed 2, kind of late but after so many good reviews by my friends and stuff, I've gotta give it a try.

ilive4sports
05-23-2011, 02:47 AM
So SC2 fans, LiquidTLO decided to do a 24 hour stream marathon of him playing games to raise money for Doctors Without Borders and is donating his ad revenue from justin.tv to the charity. Every time I tune in or just check the viewer count its over 10,000 viewers and was over 20,000 for awhile too. He's just about to start hour 23 and has 15,000 viewers currently. He's running like 2 commercial breaks between each game and I think the revenue sharing is for every 1000 viewers he gets $2. He doesn't know how much he has raised yet, but its gonna be a good chunk of change, thats for sure.

If you want to tune in for the last hour heres the link:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Liquid%60TLO

Trader Joe
05-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Picked up LA Noire last night. My initial reaction is that it's the most grapically intense puzzle game of all time? Yes, I said puzzle game, because so far that's what it feels like. Not a bad thing, but I look forward to seeing a more well rounded game studio get their hands on the tech Rockstar used.

Sparhawk
05-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Ladies and gentleman, it's all but confirmed that vampirism and werewolves are returning in Skyrim. Oh joy!

And as you progress, you get tailored quests to how you play. Sounds awesome.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301087/e3-2011-games-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

Trader Joe
05-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Oblivion didn't have werewolves from what I remember. Not shocked that vampirism is back. It's a staple and I'm sure there will be a quest where you are infected.

IndyJones
05-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Working on L.A. Noire right now

bellisimo
05-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Fable III for PC
Loved the first one - not really impressed with this one so far - its way too linear - i feel like im just getting dragged along for the ride instead of playing a game...we'll see if things change...

Sparhawk
05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Fable III for PC
Loved the first one - not really impressed with this one so far - its way too linear - i feel like im just getting dragged along for the ride instead of playing a game...we'll see if things change...

Fable 1 was good, but was seriously lacking and didn't come close to the expectations set up by Peter Molyneux.

The second was much like the first. A few things got better, but no boss battles sucked. Especially since there was no fight with the final boss. Oh dear gawd, I wanted to break that cd.

Peter Molyneux is a hype machine and has failed to deliver on each game. No way in hell am I going get the 3rd.

Bethesda and Bioware know how to make great games without trying to hype anything.

Sparhawk
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Oblivion didn't have werewolves from what I remember. Not shocked that vampirism is back. It's a staple and I'm sure there will be a quest where you are infected.

I thought both were absent from Oblivion. Hmmm, might not have cared about the vampirism. I just want to have a go at being a werewolf!

Trader Joe
05-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh there wasn't definite vampirism. There was a whole optional quest line where you had to help find a cure and were infected yourself. It was actually kind of annoying, couldn't go out in the sun at all.

Being a werewolf sounds like it could be a lot less annoying and a nice change of pace especially since it would make since that you could keep it concealed.

RE: Fable
I thought the first one was the best, even though Molyneux failed to live up to his huge expectations he set. Second one I couldn't play though, got tired of it baout 3 or 4 hours in. I won't touch the 3rd.

ilive4sports
05-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Fable III for PC

I watched my roommate play some of this and it just looked terrible.

IndyJones
05-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Werewolves were in Morrowind I believe, which was the Elder Scrolls game before Oblivion

Trader Joe
05-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Werewolves were in Morrowind I believe, which was the Elder Scrolls game before Oblivion

Yeah.I think you're right.

Constellations
05-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Just completed Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for PSP. Great game.

Constellations
05-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Starting God of War: Chains of Olympus right now. Anybody played before? Rate?

Hicks
05-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Played one case on LA Noire yesterday. Went through it, felt like I didn't do so well with my questioning, and when it came time to convict one of the two suspects, I felt like he was the wrong guy so I opted to restart the case.

I make it a point to do better, somehow failed to do so :laugh: but at least I got to convict the other guy.

... too bad it turns out that I was right the first time .....

Spirit
05-26-2011, 09:33 AM
I am playing and love The First Templar. The reviews are totally wrong about this game.

tora tora
05-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Just got 100% on LA Noire :rockon2:
Any word on how much the DLC will cost?

Constellations
05-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Just finished God of War: Chains of Olympus

Great game. ****/5

Stryder
05-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Would anyone recommend LA Noire?

Hicks
05-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Depends on what you want the game to be, I would suppose. In general, yes, I'd recommend it, just know that this isn't Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption. This is very much a "be a detective" game first and foremost.

Trader Joe
05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm on the final case of the homicide desk and I'm starting to lose steam with the game.

Kegboy
05-31-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm on the final case of the homicide desk and I'm starting to lose steam with the game.

I can certainly understand. That case just goes on forever, running around to all the stupid landmarks.

The storyline picks up pretty soon. About the one universal complaint I've heard about the game is the story, especially the end, but I enjoyed the game more the last two desks. The storyline itself isn't good, but the narrative got me more involved.

Plus, I couldn't stand Phelps as a character, so I appreciated seeing him knocked down a peg, along with some other things they do to mix things up.

Trader Joe
05-31-2011, 11:06 AM
It just seems so repetitive. And anyone with a brain can figure out who the murderer is by like the second or third case, so it just feels so useless.

Sparhawk
05-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Free LA Noire weapon DLC for 360. Just saw this on gizmodo, and thought I'd pass along. Has to be better than horse armor.

http://cheapcollegegamers.com/forums/showthread.php?3348-L.A.-Noire-The-Chicago-Piano-Weapon-DLC-%28360%29-for-0

tora tora
06-03-2011, 04:12 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VHpj2dYlgpM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>:laugh:

Pig Nash
06-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Played some L.A. Noire and Alan Wake. I like both, but Noire could benefit from Wake's storytelling (at least at the beginning of both games) and Wake could benefit from Noire's facial expressions. Alan Wake's characters don't ever sync up with the voice acting, though that may have something to do with the fact that Remedy is a Finnish company. Pulls you out of the story sometimes though.

Kegboy
06-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Infamous 2

Pretty awesome.

Sandman21
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Duke Nukem Forever.

jeffg-body
06-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Just finished up a game of bowling and home run derby with my daughter kicking my butt tonight.

Pig Nash
06-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Infamous 2

Pretty awesome.

Agreed.

Though, nothing was really quite strong enough to give me trouble and I don't like playing on hard cuz generally that just makes the little guys more annoying and the big guys are about the same.

Kegboy
06-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Agreed.

Though, nothing was really quite strong enough to give me trouble and I don't like playing on hard cuz generally that just makes the little guys more annoying and the big guys are about the same.

Yeah, that's the one complaint I've heard.

In it's defense, I just played through the first one, and the little guys are significantly harder this time around. Only problem is, you're a lot tougher, too. I guess that's what you get when you don't do a "reset". But yeah, that last fight was just too damn easy, especially compared to Kessler.

I'm going to play evil on hard now, just because I'm a glutton for punishment.

PaceBalls
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I tried the Duke Nukem demo for about 10 minutes.... uninstalled. What a terrible game. I can't believe they are charging $60 bucks for that crap.

I tried Dungeon Siege 3 and loved it. It's going to be awesome, you need a game pad to really play it well on PC though.

Trader Joe
06-15-2011, 12:16 PM
More like I can't believe it took them 10 years to develop it...

Peck
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I had really read nothing but bad reviews for Dragon Age 2 so when it came out I just passed it by.

I got it for my birthday & I can say that IMO the reviews were way off base.

There is a very rich story line & it has given me hours of solid game play. The one thing I regret the most though is that I did not save my info from Dragons age 1 because if I did I would have been able to transfer my character & story line from that game & it would have changed the whole game for me.

If you like RPG games this is really pretty good.

Pig Nash
06-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah I liked it a bunch but it was definitely like medieval Mass Effect 2.

The only problem I had was the environments were repeated over and over again and the story felt kind of small for it spanning 9 years.

Pig Nash
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, that's the one complaint I've heard.

In it's defense, I just played through the first one, and the little guys are significantly harder this time around. Only problem is, you're a lot tougher, too. I guess that's what you get when you don't do a "reset". But yeah, that last fight was just too damn easy, especially compared to Kessler.

I'm going to play evil on hard now, just because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Yeah that's what I'm doing as well, though I think it won't be too much harder since I can just suck life from anyone around me.

I agree with what Yahtzee says here (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/8661-Extra-Punctuation-What-if-We-Leveled-Backwards) about backwards leveling RPGs and that games like this should make you give up powers as you go instead of getting more, that would make it more interesting. Figuring up what powers are absolutely necessary (like sticky grenades and rockets) and which are just fun (like the ice jump thing).

Kegboy
06-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Okay, this is embarrassing. I didn't know Yahtzee wrote columns, I just thought he did the videos every week. :blush:

Thanks.

Pig Nash
06-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah he does a column every week too called Extra Punctuation. I only noticed a few weeks ago cuz they had this one in a thread title on the side there.

tora tora
07-17-2011, 03:01 AM
can't stop playing Gran Turismo 5, solid game...

Constellations
07-18-2011, 03:51 PM
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)

Constellations
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Just finished up God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Awesome game!

Constellations
08-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Playing Dead Rising again. Some achievements I wanna finish up on.

PaceBalls
08-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I tried Rift again, and this time it is really fun. I have a 50 Rogue on the Faeblight server who is in a really great guild that constantly runs massive world events. That makes all the difference in these online games.

If you guys are interested in checking it out, I think there is a promo that you can get the game for free if you subscribe to it.

Trader Joe
08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I'm back into Rift as well, now on the Defiant side of Sunrest.

Sparhawk
08-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Getting back into Bioshock. Didn't like it when I picked it up originally, but I'm digging it this now.

Constellations
08-09-2011, 09:36 PM
If there's any Mortal Kombat fans out there, M9's new character downloadable launched today. it's Freddy Krueger! And the fatalities are badass! Except for the baby one.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715253/mortal-kombat-9-freddy-kruegers-fatalitiesbabality-guide/

Constellations
08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Gears of War & Gears Of War 2.

Re-playing the story modes to be fresh for Gears 3.

Constellations
08-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Just letting gamers know of a new and upcoming title. "Rage". Looks great. It was mentioned at QuakeCon years ago. But for those interested you can get some great information from these links.

http://www.rage.com/us/about-rage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_%28video_game%29

Peck
08-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Just letting gamers know of a new and upcoming title. "Rage". Looks great. It was mentioned at QuakeCon years ago. But for those interested you can get some great information from these links.

http://www.rage.com/us/about-rage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_%28video_game%29

That looks bad @ss

Constellations
08-16-2011, 04:41 PM
That looks bad @ss

It looks very promising.

ilive4sports
08-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Anyone hear about the new Counter Strike? Its called Counter Strike Global Offensive (CS:GO). Valve had some pro CS Source guys go test it and give them a bunch of feedback on it. They said their feedback from day 1 was implemented right away and day 2 it played much much better. Its a new game, but feels a little bit more like Source than 1.6, but is its own game for sure. They are having some pro 1.6 players come in and test it soon too. Valve really seems to want this to work. They also have been very clear in saying this is NOT Counter Strike 2.

One thing that is worrying everyone is that its being made for console and ported over to PC. It will be on Xbox Live arcade and PSN for like $20 and on steam. So this has a lot of people wondering if Valve can pull it off, but with the way they said the testing went, there is hope for a new good Counter Strike! They said there was like a 60% improvement from day 1 to day 2 of testing.

If you want to hear and interview from a guy who was at the testing, Craig "Torbull" Levine was on Live on 3 yesterday and talked about it:
http://www.twitch.tv/onemoregametv/b/292860808

Hicks
08-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I tried reading your link, but on my iPad it just kept me in a loop where it warned me that the content may be inappropriate or whatever, and when I click continue it just loads the same warning again and again.

Sparhawk
08-18-2011, 02:47 PM
The location looks like Borderlands.

I'm sure Rage will be a fine game, but if it's missing co-op, it won't be as good as Borderlands.

Give me Borderlands 2 already. Can't wait for that one!

ilive4sports
08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
I tried reading your link, but on my iPad it just kept me in a loop where it warned me that the content may be inappropriate or whatever, and when I click continue it just loads the same warning again and again.

The inappropriate content is just for swearing, as Live on 3 is no fluff.

But yeah for some reason the VODs on twitch.tv have been kinda buggy. Normally they get uploaded onto blip, but they weren't up when I posted. Here it is on blip:
http://blip.tv/liveonthree/live-on-three-e84-08-17-11-5478593

duke dynamite
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Bought a 3DS and purchased Pokemon: Soul Silver for it.

Peck
08-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Toy Soldiers: Cold War.

Fun fun fun

Sandman21
09-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Dead Island.

So addictively fun.

ilive4sports
09-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Dead Island.

So addictively fun.

I was watching some people play this, looked fun

bellisimo
09-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Tropico 4
I loved the original - skipped out on 3 and 4 and have liked what they've done with 4. It has the charm from the original and lots of additional goodies.

Dgreenwell3
09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Just bought a ps3...what games do I need fellas?

Kegboy
09-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Uncharted and Uncharted 2. I think they just released a combo pack, in prep for 3 coming out 11/1. Anything else depends on what you like to play, but those are the gold standard.

Dgreenwell3
09-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Uncharted and Uncharted 2. I think they just released a combo pack, in prep for 3 coming out 11/1. Anything else depends on what you like to play, but those are the gold standard.

I plan kb picking up resistance: fall of man..

duke dynamite
09-08-2011, 10:33 AM
I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time on my 3DS.

Sparhawk
09-08-2011, 12:16 PM
still playing NBA 2k11.

Gears 3 can't come soon enough. That reminds me, I need to pre-order tonight.

Constellations
09-08-2011, 04:18 PM
still playing NBA 2k11.

Gears 3 can't come soon enough. That reminds me, I need to pre-order tonight.

You need to play Horde with us.

Pig Nash
09-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Just bought a ps3...what games do I need fellas?

inFamous 1 & 2

Heavy Rain

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus pack is coming out at the end of the month. Pick that up for 40.

I like getting sport games for it for free online multiplayer but your mileage may vary.

Dgreenwell3
09-11-2011, 09:56 AM
inFamous 1 & 2

Heavy Rain

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus pack is coming out at the end of the month. Pick that up for 40.

I like getting sport games for it for free online multiplayer but your mileage may vary.

I have heard heavy rain is good and terrible from two people in the same room...

Trader Joe
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Disregard anyone who says Heavy Rain is terrible, they are stupid.

Kegboy
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM
I would bet money whoever said Heavy Rain was terrible only played at most the first couple hours. It's tough to get into, but when you do, wow.

tora tora
09-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Gran Turismo 5 on my new 3d tv, wild!
What other games are in 3d?

Constellations
09-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Gears of War 2

Dgreenwell3
09-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I would bet money whoever said Heavy Rain was terrible only played at most the first couple hours. It's tough to get into, but when you do, wow.

Is it kinda a mystery?

Kegboy
09-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Is it kinda a mystery?

Yes, you play as four characters hunting a serial killer. It takes its time teaching you the game mechanics and setting the mood, but once it gets going it's one wild ride. There's no game over screen. If you screw up, you screw up; if you die, that character is dead for the rest of the game. There's like 20 different endings.

pacer4ever
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Yes, you play as four characters hunting a serial killer. It takes its time teaching you the game mechanics and setting the mood, but once it gets going it's one wild ride. There's no game over screen. If you screw up, you screw up; if you die, that character is dead for the rest of the game. There's like 20 different endings.

after you just said this i am going to buy this game tomorrow:D sounds BA

just youtubed it why the **** havent I heard of this ? It looks insane this is what I wanted LA Noire to be.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_YxTVjcjYNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trader Joe
09-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Honestly, one of the most engrossing games I've ever played, when someone died on my play through I was heart broken.

pacer4ever
09-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I have been playing heavy rain for a few hours just got done getting my office with the FBI agent. All I gotta say is this game is amazing but also very sad so far.

I hope one day they use this type of technology in a sports role playing game. Like for a NBA the life type game I think that would be pretty amazing.

pacer4ever
09-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Just finished Heavy Rain

Ok this game is the saddest thing ever i suck at this game. I had the worst ending possible everyone died (except Madison) and it is my fault. I knew who did it but i didn't have any evidence so I couldn't do anything very frustrating. I think it was one of the better games ive played in awhile but a very very sad ending.

They use the music perfectly some of the best music in a game and fits the mood perfect.

Kegboy
09-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Well now that you know how it goes you can go back and make different choices. Also, if you have trouble with the controls, I'm pretty sure you can change the difficulty to give you more time.

Dgreenwell3
09-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Well now that you know how it goes you can go back and make different choices. Also, if you have trouble with the controls, I'm pretty sure you can change the difficulty to give you more time.

I would like to give a group hug to all who recommended heavy rain. EFFING AWESOME. I owe all u guys brewskis

Lord Helmet
09-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Halo Reach multiplayer

Frostwolf
09-18-2011, 09:52 AM

i picked them up both used (separately) in anticipation for uncharted 3.

playing them back to back, what you get to notice is that there's a marked improvement in the polish + smoothness (gameplay, not frame rate) going from 1 to 2.

Trader Joe
09-18-2011, 11:13 AM
P4E, just go back and replay, but this is the amazing part of Heavy Rain. The emotional feeling you get regardless of how it plays out was pretty much a completely new concept to this game.

Dgreenwell3
09-18-2011, 01:25 PM
i picked them up both used (separately) in anticipation for uncharted 3.

playing them back to back, what you get to notice is that there's a marked improvement in the polish + smoothness (gameplay, not frame rate) going from 1 to 2.

Gbh i enjoyed 1 but it was super improved in two

graphic-er
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Gran Turismo 5 - Finally broke down and bought this. I hesitate with games like these because I know its gonna take a whole lot of time to get real enjoyment out of the game.

But hopefully will tide me over until BF3 hits.

Hicks
09-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Gears of War 3. I never played the beta, so it's all new to me. I like the retro lancer.

By the way, where is everybody? I hopped on around midnight last night and it couldn't find a match with people in it, quick or ranked?? Once they match started 1 or 2 humans joined in, but it was still mostly bots. I thought for sure it'd be packed with people. Is it because I'm low ranked and people from the betas keep their high ranks or something? Is everyone just playing the campaign right now?

Constellations
09-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Gears of War 3. I never played the beta, so it's all new to me. I like the retro lancer.

By the way, where is everybody? I hopped on around midnight last night and it couldn't find a match with people in it, quick or ranked?? Once they match started 1 or 2 humans joined in, but it was still mostly bots. I thought for sure it'd be packed with people. Is it because I'm low ranked and people from the betas keep their high ranks or something? Is everyone just playing the campaign right now?

The match making is going to be slow for the first week. I'd suggest partying up with friends and such in Beast/Horde.Campaign for awhile.

Constellations
09-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Well...Gears 3.

PaceBalls
10-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Star Wars the Old Republic beta.. and I am kinda disappointed. :(
Great story, but the game is totally on rails with a set path you have to follow with no deviation allowed. I might cancel my pre-order.

The good things about it are the incredible voice acting, the Sith story is deliciously evil and I laughed alot, but it's a single player game with multiplayer tacked on and it's not worth a monthly fee. It is worth the initial purchase, but having to pay $15 bucks a month on top of the $60/80/150 to continue playing after 1 month is a deal breaker. If they made it so I could play the original content whenever I wanted without a subscription, I think I would be more inclined to buy it.

ilive4sports
10-13-2011, 05:51 PM
FYI there are about to be some showmatches of the new CounterStrike game, CounterStrike: Global Offensive at IEM New York.

Its at www.esl.tv and then just click on the (EN) ESL TV IEM CS on the left bar. Should be starting at 3 PM Pacific I believe

EDIT: it got pushed back a half hour and will be going on at 3:30 PM Pacific, 30 mins from now

cdash
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Anyone played Arkham City yet? I'm about to go get it now. Reviews are sterling.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Anyone play the new Ace Combat yet? I was a huge fan of the PS2 games, I'm curious to see how this one stacks up. The demo was really dumbed down so it was hard to get a good read off that. It sort of felt like they abandoned the old games though and went for a mass-appeal Call of Duty with planes approach.

Constellations
10-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Arkham City got a 10 rating in Game Informer :eek: It must be a great game, I've never seen very many 10's.

Pig Nash
10-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Playing it right now. Combat is smoother. World is huge. Really enjoying it.

cdash
10-20-2011, 10:18 PM
I have just about beat Arkham City. Thank god for BS at work! Got to play it all day.

Stryder
10-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Can't wait to get Arkham City.

travmil
10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Arkham City is sooooo goooooood. I didn't play Arkham Asylum so I snagged the Wal Mart deal where they were including a copy of that game too.

Trader Joe
10-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Battlefield 3. If you're still playing CoD...you're doing it wrong.

BRushWithDeath
10-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Battlefield 3. If you're still playing CoD...you're doing it wrong.

As someone who had never played a Battlefield game, how does it compare gameplay wise to the CoD franchise?

Hicks
10-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Arkham City was really good.

Sparhawk
10-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Anyone played Arkham City yet? I'm about to go get it now. Reviews are sterling.

Almost traded 2K12 in for Arkham City, but I'll just wait for a patch.

Arkham Asylum was amazing. Can't wait to get this game...but sometime next year when the price drops.

All games will bow before Skyrim come 11.11.11!!!

Sparhawk
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Arkham City was really good.

WAS??

Unclebuck
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Boss with Kelsey Grammer. Premiere was last Friday on Starz. I'd like to say that Grammer is good enough to justify watching, and he is excellent in this role. I'm not sure though if the show is that good. I'll continue watching as the first season goes along though. Has some really good elements

Trader Joe
10-26-2011, 04:03 PM
As someone who had never played a Battlefield game, how does it compare gameplay wise to the CoD franchise?

Similar in the sense now that they are both focused on the modern era, but different in a lot of key points. For example, it is more class based so you have a few more abilities rather than just a gun or a grenade. You can heal with med packs that put healing out from them in a circle, you can be a class that can put out ammo refills, or an engineer who can pick repair and disable vehicles. There are vehicles, helicopters, jets, jeeps, tanks, pretty much everything. 64 player matches if you get it on PC.

You don't have killstreak rewards like you do in CoD.

You still rank up in a similar way to CoD get new guns, add-ons, etc. However they are unlocked within each class. So it is better to specialize in one class or pick two to focus on depending on how much you play. The maps are bigger and IMO more fun. Adding the vehicles is a dynamic, and the new frostbite 2 engine is absolutely incredible. The building damage is amazing, sound and lighting effects are incredibly immersive.

IMO it's the must play FPS now.

MagicRat
10-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Boss with Kelsey Grammer.

I've been thinking about picking that up. What system did you get it for?

ilive4sports
10-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Boss with Kelsey Grammer. Premiere was last Friday on Starz. I'd like to say that Grammer is good enough to justify watching, and he is excellent in this role. I'm not sure though if the show is that good. I'll continue watching as the first season goes along though. Has some really good elements

Well this is embarassing :laugh:

Peck
10-27-2011, 02:56 AM
I finally bought BF3 tonight.

I seem to like the actual multi player game more now than I did on the beta. It's good & has a lot of potential so we'll see in the long run if I like it as well as or better than the COD series (hard to imagine).

On the other hand the few min. of playing the single person game so far has been decent but IMO so far anyway not on par with the actual game play of any of the recent COD games. But in fairness I just started so I'm sure it will get better.

Overall I like the fact that you can have vehicles in this game so that part is really really cool.

But as was said above, all games will bow before Skyrim

graphic-er
10-28-2011, 02:37 PM
BF3....PS3

A worthy successor/upgrade to BFBC2.
Plus: Prone stance is included, the past 2 games you could not go prone when sniping or hiding out someplace. The so far I like the maps much better than BF2. THere were only about 3 maps in BF2 that were fun to play in my opinion. The new tactical accessories like Spawn beacon are great.

The minus:
When driving you don't have a free look control on the other stick. So you can't scan side to side looking for enemies while driving. Also I could not find a rear view camera option which really sucks. No more backing up over your enemies or checking your 6. These options were in the previous games. I can't believe they took them out. You can free look a bit in first person driving mode, but its very limited.

There is no hardcore mode yet. Kill cams suck and enemy markers and radar suck even more. I don't need the game to tell me where the enemy is and I don't need the game to tell the enemy where I am. I think Hardcore mode was unlocked on BF2, so hopefully thats the case on this one.

The new urban maps are cool, but disappointing that not every building is accessible, and many of the buildings are just too identical, and for having such large urban environments I wish they could have made the roof tops for accessible, put some wooden bridges between roof tops that can be destroyed. Medal of Honor which was a horrible game, but made by the same company had lot of roof top access on their urban maps, which was one feature about that game I really liked.

Overall a good game, should keep me busy for a while.

Trader Joe
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
You can't look around/scan side to side in the console vehicles? You can on PC

Sparhawk
10-28-2011, 03:37 PM
15 days till Skyrim.

:phone: Call yo mamma

:gossip2: Tell yo friends

You were not kidnapped and are not dead. Just playing a game till my eyes turn red. Red with the blood of dragons and beasts!

:woohoo:

:2tup:

graphic-er
10-28-2011, 04:49 PM
You can't look around/scan side to side in the console vehicles? You can on PC

not in third person, and in first person their is no spring back to center on the camera. Very annoying if you just wanting to do a quick scan as you drive by a building or something.

Wasn't this way in BF2 or 1943