PDA

View Full Version : What Video game did you last play?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

cdash
12-05-2009, 11:54 PM
I was about half way through the game before I taught myself to lay off the "high profile" actions at the appropriate times. It isn't easy. Those controls aren't easy at all. If you're not very good at games, I can see how that game could frustrate the hell out of someone.

If you haven't seen them, be sure to search "Assassins Creed Lineage" in YouTube. There are 3 real time movies based off of Assassins Creed 2 storyline made by Ubisoft themselves on YouTube. My biggest draw in AC is the story. After the way the first one ended I had no idea what to think, or do. I just knew I wanted to see where it went next. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending upon how you look at it, AC2 did the exact same thing. Those might be the best TWO endings in video games I've ever played, both in the same series. Well ... first 2 games of the series even more shockingly. Love it, but absolutely hate waiting!

-- Steve --

I wonder what will be the setting of the third game.

Hicks
12-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I've been playing entirely too much online play with Modern Warfare 2.

I've been running around as a "Ninja class" the evening, and I just unlocked the knife perk for my sidearm to where I can make quicker stabs than usual with less recover time, hit or miss.

GO!!!!!
12-06-2009, 11:14 PM
to much MW2 as well, no where near Hicks tho as we are friends no more...

starting playing Cricket again, it's like the american baseball to everyone else..

NBA 2K10 just has not had the same effect as 2k9 this year for me..

Pacersfan46
12-07-2009, 12:08 AM
I wonder what will be the setting of the third game.

Well, if you possibly know history a lot, or have just googled some of the characters you meet in the Assassins Creed games, then you'll know this story is weaved in and out of what we know from history. As in, most of the people you assassinate were real, and you're killing them during the year of their actual death. Some of them died mysteriously in real life, and that's why they were weaved into the story.

Alas, we come to the end of AC1. I don't consider this a spoiler because well .... if you ever saw the ending of AC1 you'd understand. Haha. If you were able to make heads or tails of the ending, you'll know there was a reference to Yonaguni, Japan. I expect the game to end up there at some point. There is an underwater monument, or pyramid or ... something there. Something of obscene size and is dated to be between 6,000 and 10,000 years old. Go ahead, Google it, it's quite amazing really. Something that was said at the end of AC2 leads to me think possibly it'll end up being a big part of the game moving forward.

It's all just a guess though, really.

-- Steve --

cdash
12-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, if you possibly know history a lot, or have just googled some of the characters you meet in the Assassins Creed games, then you'll know this story is weaved in and out of what we know from history. As in, most of the people you assassinate were real, and you're killing them during the year of their actual death. Some of them died mysteriously in real life, and that's why they were weaved into the story.

Alas, we come to the end of AC1. I don't consider this a spoiler because well .... if you ever saw the ending of AC1 you'd understand. Haha. If you were able to make heads or tails of the ending, you'll know there was a reference to Yonaguni, Japan. I expect the game to end up there at some point. There is an underwater monument, or pyramid or ... something there. Something of obscene size and is dated to be between 6,000 and 10,000 years old. Go ahead, Google it, it's quite amazing really. Something that was said at the end of AC2 leads to me think possibly it'll end up being a big part of the game moving forward.

It's all just a guess though, really.

-- Steve --

Yeah I've noticed all the history stuff; it's probably why I like the game so much. I got my degree in History (what a worthwhile endeavor that turned out to be), so I tend to nitpick on historical accuracy quite a bit. I don't remember the Japan reference, but it wouldn't shock me if it ended up there. My best guess, since the series is heavily centered around Templars and such, plus the fact that it seems to hold the most marketing appeal, would be a game set in revolutionary America or France. That is a bit after the Templars (well after the Templars in fact), but if you believe that Freemasonry was born from Templars, it's not such a stretch. Really, they could go anywhere with it.

CableKC
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I finally got Modern Warfare 2. The problem is now that I play it ( or any type of FPS )...I get some motion sickness. I think it's due to my age....I've been like this over the last couple of years as I have gotten older :(

Kegboy
12-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I finally got Modern Warfare 2. The problem is now that I play it ( or any type of FPS )...I get some motion sickness. I think it's due to my age....I've been like this over the last couple of years as I have gotten older :(

You're not the only one. My worst is anything on the Valve engine. Drives me nuts.

Skaut_Ech
12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
I've been playing entirely too much online play with Modern Warfare 2.

I've been running around as a "Ninja class" the evening, and I just unlocked the knife perk for my sidearm to where I can make quicker stabs than usual with less recover time, hit or miss.

I just bought MW2 for my brother for his birthday, then bought a copy for myself. Unreal game, but neither of us has had time to REALLY play it yet. We're still working through the campaign. I tried online once. Overwhelming and I couldn't seem to get a kill. GREAT game. Can't wait until I have some real time to play.

btowncolt
12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
http://www.play-free-games.com/free-games/pong/tennis.cfm

Skaut_Ech
12-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Can someone answer a question for me about Modern Warfare 2? I play a lot of team player and I noticed guys have all these cool outfits. ONe guy had a sand color camo poncho. Another guy had all these nightscope looking headgear. How are they getting those? Is it something you buy with microsoft points? Is it some kind of reward for finishing the campaign? How can I outfit MY guy so I don't look like an Afghan street rebel?

BRushWithDeath
12-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Can someone answer a question for me about Modern Warfare 2? I play a lot of team player and I noticed guys have all these cool outfits. ONe guy had a sand color camo poncho. Another guy had all these nightscope looking headgear. How are they getting those? Is it something you buy with microsoft points? Is it some kind of reward for finishing the campaign? How can I outfit MY guy so I don't look like an Afghan street rebel?
The look of your player is determined by what weapon you start with.

GO!!!!!
12-21-2009, 06:48 PM
I think you can unlock certain camo perks as you rank up but I am not aware if they change the uniform at all, my mate just got the ghilli unlocked perk and that was level 42 or so, so that could be like what you mean

selecting certain perks may change the way you look but I'm not sure, perks and weapons like what Brush said seem the most likely...

Trader Joe
12-22-2009, 03:19 AM
I just beat the campaign in MW2, I hadn't gotten to it yet, since I was playing online pretty much exclusively and all I can say is, HOLY F****** CRAP! What a story line! I can't wait for the third one which is obviously coming down the pipe line.

Suaveness
01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Can someone tell me the pros/cons of 360 vs PS3? I'm leaning towards the latter because of Blu-ray, but that aside, how do they compare in terms of how they play vgs? I'll also say that 360's hardware issues would scare me if they still exist.

travmil
01-02-2010, 12:33 AM
If a game cones out on both systems I get the 360 version but it's a for personal preference type reasons. I like the 360 online component much better. I like the 360 controller better as well. I also like the achievement system much better than trophies on the ps3.

But if blu-ray is entering the equation for you it's hard to pass up the ps3.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-02-2010, 12:34 AM
I play NHL 10 at least three hours a day.

Peck
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I got a lot of games for Christmas so I have been going through them little by little.

The first one was MW2. As expected it was a very good game however I thought it was a very short, I beat the game version of this on hard in less than a day so that was a little dissapointing. I have not done the special ops yet.

The online game though is just outstanding as always.

I am somewhat dissapointed in borderlands. Graphics are ok, although people I know hate the graphic novel type animation, but it doesn't bother me. I can't tell you anything specific about it but so far it just feels like a cheaper version of Fallout 3.

On the other hand the one game that I got that I had no expectations for and have been totally knocked away with is a game called Saboteur. This is like nothing I've played before and the map and story are absolutely huge. If you are used to the fallout 3 or even Oblivion type free standing maps this thing is for you and on top of that it is set in 1941 Paris and they have the entire city including suburbs and you can go into every section and there are a crap load of buildings you can enter.

The one thing I love about this so far is that you can walk around and not have to worry about random monsters attacking you for no reason or bandits.

There are Germans everywhere you have to look out for but most of the time you can walk right past them and blend in with the crowd.

If you like a big story I recommend this. This combines first person shooter, RPG and war games all into one big game.

I'm sure the price will drop soon on this because this game kind of flew under the radar so I doubt it is a big seller. But it deserves to be.

Trader Joe
01-02-2010, 04:42 PM
That game sounds really cool Peck.

I need to finally finish my Mass Effect character in anticipation of 2 coming out. I'm getting very excited for that.

cdash
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Anyone have FIFA '10? I watched The Damned United today and it got me wanting to buy FIFA. Any reviews? They are usually fairly great.

duke dynamite
01-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Back to Halo 3 again.

I bought FFVII on PS1 today. I'm going to give it another shot.

BRushWithDeath
01-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Anyone have FIFA '10? I watched The Damned United today and it got me wanting to buy FIFA. Any reviews? They are usually fairly great.

Highly recommend. Best soccer game ever made. Bar none.

duke dynamite
01-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I started playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII on PSP again. I've also been playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on my Xbox 360.

My list of games I plan on buying in the near future:

1. Little Big Planet -next week actually
2. Borderlands (Xbox 360)
3. Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360) - March 9th
4. Metal Gear Solid 4
5. NHL 10 (Xbox 360)

bellisimo
01-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Highly recommend. Best soccer game ever made. Bar none.

I'm guessing this is not for the PC version...

truly disappointed with the way EA is treating the Fifa franchise on the PC...Fifa 10's graphics is equivalent to Fifa 2005. :censored:

SilverStrife
01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Macross Ace Frontier on my PSP.
Buying my PS3 hopefully by this weekend, so I'll be getting some new games to mess around with, lol.

Stryder
01-04-2010, 01:15 PM
recommend some good PS3 games for me...I have Ghostbusters, NBA 2k10, and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

duke dynamite
01-04-2010, 01:29 PM
recommend some good PS3 games for me...I have Ghostbusters, NBA 2k10, and Batman: Arkham Asylum.
Little Big Planet.

The Toxic Avenger
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Diner Dash on the Xbox 360 arcade...

Can anyone recommend some games that are similar to Ages of Empire or Civilization but for the Xbox 360...

DO NOT say Civilization for the xbox 360, just ones like it.

bellisimo
01-05-2010, 04:07 AM
Still going at it with Dragon Age...spent about 50 hours on it so far and nowhere near finishing the game yet...thats a lot of time for me to spend on a single game...

BRushWithDeath
01-05-2010, 04:56 AM

Just started Uncharted 2 today. Like it quite a bit so far.

MagicRat
01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Last night I played a little:

Uncharted 2
Williams Pinball Hall of Fame (PS3 version = high def pinball, baby!)

duke dynamite
01-05-2010, 09:44 AM
I've shelved my Uncharted 2 about a month ago. It's a great game, I just don't know why I haven't played it for a while.

Peck
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Update on Saboteur.

Just found while driving through the countryside that there are games to stop and play there. This game is unreal. HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

Bball
01-06-2010, 08:47 AM
FWIW...
I just read where GT5 (Gran Turismo 5 for PS3) will have Indycar and Nascar in the final version.

SilverStrife
01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
FWIW...
I just read where GT5 (Gran Turismo 5 for PS3) will have Indycar and Nascar in the final version.

Yea, saw screens a while back of the Sprint Cup cars. Only question is, will they actually have the tracks and physics of such cars?

duke dynamite
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Yea, saw screens a while back of the Sprint Cup cars. Only question is, will they actually have the tracks and physics of such cars?
EA shouldn't have given up on NASCAR.

Slick Pinkham
01-06-2010, 11:37 AM
pong

http://jasoncirillo.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/pong.jpg

travmil
01-07-2010, 08:59 AM

Considering that the Gran Turismo series has always been about ultra realism, I would say that there's a very good possibility. Of course, I believe that they achieve that ultra realism at the expense of actually having fun but that's another debate. Suffice it to say that I would take Burnout over GT any day.

MagicRat
01-07-2010, 09:37 AM
FWIW...

The demo is on the IMS road course. No IndyCar or Nascar vehicles in the demo, though.

Peck
01-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Another reason I love Saboteur. I completed the main game and guess what, it's just the beginning.

I know all of you saw my melt down over fall out 3. Well this one is not like that.

In fact after the main quest you get a whole new set of contacts and individual quest.

Two huge thumbs up.

PaceBalls
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
I read bad reviews for Saboteur so I stayed away. I'll have to check it out if you think it's all that.

I'm playing so many damn games right now. I'm a MMO junkie.

Right now, it is EQ2, they had the game with all expansions for sale on steam for $5 during christmastime. It is a great game, but it is so poorly optimized, my uber overpowered computer runs the game at 25fps on max settings, and the game just doesn't look that good at lower settings. Not going to sub to it.

Age of Conan has an endless trial, I've been playing that to test out my new ATI HD5870. The game runs great and I can play it on max settings DX10 and get 40 FPS in the most taxing areas. Probably won't sub, as I have bad memories of the game past level 20 after it launched.

Warhammer online has an endless trial too, and that game is so much fun at tier 1. I would never sub for that game as tier 1 is the best part of the game.

Borderlands is good times. I liked Fallout 3 better I think.

Dragon Age Origins is good, but overhyped. I am a big fan of the old Bioware games like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale etc.. So I loved the way they combined that style with a modern approach to the controls. Too bad they didn't use the AD&D system, but it was still a good, if over simplified. The game was very streamlined.

New game out that is freakin' awesome for anyone who liked Oblivion, Fallout 3, Gothic series etc.. Divinity II Ego Draconis. It is a gorgeous game if you have the hardware. It is kinda buggy with mem leaks still, but they will patch it soon. It is a must have, once they come out with the patch. I'd wait a month or so before getting it.

Star Trek online is coming out within a month (MMORPG) I am hoping against hope that it will be awesome, but from what I have been reading it is not going to be. This world really needs a badass Star Trek MMO, or any game for that matter. I hope they don't screw it up.

PaceBalls
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey Trekkies, if any of you are interested in the new Star Trek MMORPG coming out in Feb, they are giving away open beta keys to test it out here.

http://www.omgponies.info/massivelyCodes/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.getCode&codeInfoKey=34

full impulse speed ahead.

cgg
01-13-2010, 01:48 PM
We're sorry. All of the codes for this promotion are gone.

That was fast. :(

PaceBalls
01-13-2010, 08:11 PM
We're sorry. All of the codes for this promotion are gone.

That was fast. :(

Damn, sorry man. Check out mmorpg.com and massively again in the next few days. They might get another batch in.

The game is pretty crappy anyway, unfortunately. :(

The graphics look like it's str8 outta 2004.

edit: check out this link for other possible beta keys under the FAQ. http://www.startrekonline.com/openbeta

more keys released this morning (1/16) here. http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/135/Star-Trek-Online-Open-Beta-Key-Giveaway.html

Skaut_Ech
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey, I've gotta question. I'm at level 70 in MW2. Should I even bother with prestige? I'm not showing off for anyone, so the new titles aren't that big to me (although I do like my glittery Scar-H bar I got). Waddayathink?

Pacersfan46
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey, I've gotta question. I'm at level 70 in MW2. Should I even bother with prestige? I'm not showing off for anyone, so the new titles aren't that big to me (although I do like my glittery Scar-H bar I got). Waddayathink?

Just a warning. You'll lose all your perks, guns and upgrades. I don't see the point, myself.

It'll be like you just started playing the game all over again.

-- Steve --

Skaut_Ech
01-14-2010, 12:44 PM
That's what it seemed like. I thougt I was missing something. Start over and and again so i can get some new banners. Nah.

Trader Joe
01-14-2010, 12:57 PM
You get one more spot unlocked for a new class as well I believe if that is something important to you.

Slick Pinkham
01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
fun online game: help Tiger silence the hos!

http://www.atom.com/fun_games/tiger_woods_defense/?xrs=eml_121709

travmil
02-21-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/top_basketball

Peck
02-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Dante's Inferno for Xbox360.

Good game, great graphics, nice story.

I was able to beat the game on the medium setting in about 6 hours of game play over time. Did have to go to youtube a couple of times to get answers for some of the puzzles you have to complete, but for the most part game was straightforward.

Probably 3 out of 5 stars, maybe it should be 4 stars (not sure).

Hicks
02-21-2010, 02:29 PM
I've been playing a lot of Aliens versus Predator for the 360. I think it's a pretty solid 8/10.

Keep in mind I grew up a big fan of both movie franchises, so I get a kick out of the detail these developers put into this. They did a great job of making you feel like you're in those worlds.

It might now appeal nearly as much to outsiders, but I still think the online gameplay is pretty good (though flawed).

Robertmto
02-21-2010, 07:32 PM
nba live 10, way better than 2k

ilive4sports
02-22-2010, 12:36 AM
lets see, i just beat Mass Effect 2 last week. awesome, awesome, awesome game.

Just beat army of two the 40th day today. kinda disappointed by it. gameplay was better than the first, but it didn't seem as fun for some reason.

next up, Heavy Rain. It looks absolutely awesome, the demo was sweet and its unlike any game i've ever played. If you have a PS3 check this one out. Got 9/10 on IGN too.

Kegboy
03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
God of War III is sitting on my desk mocking me while I count the minutes until I can go home and play it.

tora tora
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Anybody playing My Player mode in NBA 2k10? Peep my stats.
http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=146220

Hicks
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I've started playing Modern Warfare 2 a lot now that I've bought the Stimulus Package map pack.

Natston
04-06-2010, 05:55 AM
I've started playing Modern Warfare 2 a lot now that I've bought the Stimulus Package map pack.

Eh.

thewholefnshow31
04-06-2010, 09:23 AM

I started to play it more as well, but last night for the first time since I was like 10 was I ready to break a controller. I am so tired of watching a guy run right past night claymore, quickly stab me, and then stab another guy. I cannot stand those guys who run around with a knife and stab people. What put me over the top where I just had to turn it off was when I saw the runner coming and fire off some shots from my AUG and he just ran through it like nothing was there and stabbed me again.

Halo Reach cannot come soon enough.

duke dynamite
04-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Bought FFXIII launch night, I've played into only 30 minutes of it so far...

*Sad face*

travmil
04-06-2010, 12:07 PM

*Sad face*

Sad face because you don't like it, or because you've only gotten to play 30 minutes.

travmil
04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
God of War 3 - Very close to perfection.

A year ago, if you had told me that the two best games of this generation were PS3 exclusives I'd have called you nuts. Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 are the kind of games that define other games. So good that you really have to pick at it to expose any little flaw.

Trader Joe
04-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Anybody playing My Player mode in NBA 2k10? Peep my stats.
http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=146220

How do you find your player online?

DGPR
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Playing Dragon Age: Origins now. It's made by the same people who made Mass Effect so if you like that game the you'll like Dragon Age.

cgg
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM

*Sad face*

I've played 30 hours or so. Last couple days I've been playing Alpha Centauri. Should probably get back to FFXIII soon.

tora tora
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
How do you find your player online?

Register an account at 2ksports.com and link your gamertag.

Hicks
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
How did you accumulate that many skill points? Any tips?

I tend to make characters, fool around with them up through the beginning (or so) of their rookie seasons, then get bored and move on.

tora tora
04-07-2010, 03:19 AM
I played 12 minute quarters, get a+ ratings in every game and score as much as possible. You can usually get 2700-2800 skill points per game or even more if you hit milestones. It's pretty fun.

Frostwolf
04-07-2010, 04:00 AM
borderlands is a very very good game. I cannot stop playing it.

Skaut_Ech
04-07-2010, 08:00 AM
I started to play it more as well, but last night for the first time since I was like 10 was I ready to break a controller. I am so tired of watching a guy run right past night claymore, quickly stab me, and then stab another guy. I cannot stand those guys who run around with a knife and stab people. What put me over the top where I just had to turn it off was when I saw the runner coming and fire off some shots from my AUG and he just ran through it like nothing was there and stabbed me again.

Halo Reach cannot come soon enough.

The single aspect that ruins an otherwise perfect game. It rewards idiots who have absolutely NO skill or tactical sense. I've had to actually make a weapons profile JUST to deal with those guys, which is stupid. I use scavenger and claymores to set up a stagger of claymores so even though they are delayed, by the time they run though my mini minefield, at least one of them will go off. But that's a lot of effort to shop one idiot.

I'm about to pre-order Battelfield Bad Company just to get a break from the running morons.

thewholefnshow31
04-08-2010, 08:26 AM
The single aspect that ruins an otherwise perfect game. It rewards idiots who have absolutely NO skill or tactical sense. I've had to actually make a weapons profile JUST to deal with those guys, which is stupid. I use scavenger and claymores to set up a stagger of claymores so even though they are delayed, by the time they run though my mini minefield, at least one of them will go off. But that's a lot of effort to shop one idiot.

I'm about to pre-order Battelfield Bad Company just to get a break from the running morons.

I think perfect game is a bit of stretch given the amount of bugs that hackers have exploited like the airdrop glitch and the running glitch. I quit playing MW2 during the airdrop glitch because it just ruined the game.

I thought about using the scavenger perk, but that takes the slight of hand perk away from my AUG. It is truly sad that you have to do stuff that ridiculous to counterbalance something.

If they would get rid of the cammondo perk and the knife attachment for handguns I would be a happy camper and would love the game again.

Trader Joe
04-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Register an account at 2ksports.com and link your gamertag.

Ok, did that, but I can't find the actual page where I can see my stats and all that stuff?

tora tora
04-08-2010, 02:34 PM
If you're signed in then hover to the upper right hand corner and select "my 2k profile" you should find everything there.

Hicks
04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Okay, I can't seem to figure it out. How do you set the game to 12 minute quarters when you're playing as a My Player character? It seems to always want to be 5 minutes starting in the summer league without an option to change it.

Peck
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Good game as far as the actual game goes. Bought the game on Thursday and beat the campaign late last night. Good graphics and story.

I am less than impressed however with the multiplayer portion of the game.

tora tora
04-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Okay, I can't seem to figure it out. How do you set the game to 12 minute quarters when you're playing as a My Player character? It seems to always want to be 5 minutes starting in the summer league without an option to change it.

It's in the presentation options iirc.

tora tora
04-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Good game as far as the actual game goes. Bought the game on Thursday and beat the campaign late last night. Good graphics and story.

I am less than impressed however with the multiplayer portion of the game.

Why aren't you impressed with it?

cgg
04-12-2010, 04:29 AM
It's in the presentation options iirc.

I think you have to have the downloaded minigame for the draft workout thing.

tora tora
04-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I think you have to have the downloaded minigame for the draft workout thing.

You don't have to anymore after the second to last patch, it's in options/presentation.

Doug
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
I've played 30 hours or so. Last couple days I've been playing Alpha Centauri. Should probably get back to FFXIII soon.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

tora tora
04-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Still playing My Player mode... up 2-0 in the Finals against the Nets. How did they get that far? :laugh:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=1818168

Mourning
04-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Lol. I'm still addicted to Company Of Heroes. Bought it on the cheap about a year ago and got hooked, bought the expansion packs and am still thouroughly enjoying it.

thewholefnshow31
04-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Popped Saints Row 2 into the xbox and I forgot how much fun this game was. Sure graphic wise GTA4 beats it, but overall SR2 is much more fun game. With all the customization of cars and to clothes it just adds more to the game.

I could do without a few of the mini games, but I cannot wait till SR3 comes out.

Lord Helmet
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Finally got the Stimulus Map Pack, and only have played a few of the new maps, but it's decent. 1200 Microsoft Points for basically 3 new maps is pretty terrible though.

In the meanwhile, when I didn't have the new maps, I had been playing a lot of Halo 3, and I'm getting pretty excited for Halo: Reach. It looks like the revamping Halo kind of needed. We'll see though. The Beta comes out May 3rd, I think.

Kegboy
04-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Heavy Rain

Wow. Emotionally exhausting. I sped through it in a day with no regrets. Thankfully, I got good endings (though looks like Jayden spent too much time in ARI, oh well.) I don't think I could of handled it if I got a bad ending the first time through, at least now I can go back and get them and enjoy them in the process.

Hicks
05-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Just finished the story mode of Splinter Cell Conviction.

I didn't get around to Double Agent, but I was a big fan of the original, and the two that followed (Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory).

Nice to go on another adventure with Sam Fisher.

Not a great game, but a good one.

cgg
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Borderlands. I don't really understand the ending.

Trader Joe
05-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Bad Company 2. Love every second of the multiplayer. I don't know why Peck doesn't enjoy it. It is head and shoulders above Modern Warfare 2 IMO.

efx
05-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Bad Company 2. Love every second of the multiplayer. I don't know why Peck doesn't enjoy it. It is head and shoulders above Modern Warfare 2 IMO.

Thank you :) I'm glad some people here like it!

bellisimo
05-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Dragon Age Origins...put in 60+ hours into it and still nowhere near the end...

thewholefnshow31
05-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Red Dead Redemption

Got to play it a little bit after work yesterday. The game just looks amazing. I have not really got into the storyline much. I have just been riding around hunting deer and working on my shooting ability. Riding on the horse takes some getting use to and riding them to hard gets you bucked off. I learned that the hard way while trying to chase this deer down.

Think GTA IV set in the old west.

ilive4sports
05-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Dragon Age Origins...put in 60+ hours into it and still nowhere near the end...

I know a couple people who played that, said it was the longest game ever. Absolutely ridiculous.

I've been playing the StarCraft II Beta. I'm hooked haha. Great time killer too.

Natston
05-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Red Dead Redemption

Got to play it a little bit after work yesterday. The game just looks amazing. I have not really got into the storyline much. I have just been riding around hunting deer and working on my shooting ability. Riding on the horse takes some getting use to and riding them to hard gets you bucked off. I learned that the hard way while trying to chase this deer down.

Think GTA IV set in the old west.

I did pretty much the same thing last night. I unfortunately got off a wagon drawn horse in the middle of nowhere to collect a flower, and couldn't get back on the wagon for some reason... :laugh: I then had to make the long walk into town on foot, but completed two challenges on the way.

thewholefnshow31
05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
I did pretty much the same thing last night. I unfortunately got off a wagon drawn horse in the middle of nowhere to collect a flower, and couldn't get back on the wagon for some reason... :laugh: I then had to make the long walk into town on foot, but completed two challenges on the way.

I had to do a long walk as well after shooting my own horse in the head because I was trying hunt some rabbits. I set there dumbfounded for a bit and then off I started to walk. Thankfully I found a guy on horse back and just killed him and took his horse.

I have just played a few times online with my friends and it is pretty fun. We were riding in a carriage yesterday. There is just so much to do with this game. I love it. I definitely like it more then GTA IV.

tora tora
05-20-2010, 04:41 PM
You can push up on the d-pad (for the xbox 360 version) to call for your horse. If the horse is dead then move up the map a little and it'll magically be revived. Alternatively, you can set up camp and "teleport" to the nearest town.

Natston
05-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Been having fun with the lasso as of late...

Natston
05-21-2010, 02:43 AM
You can push up on the d-pad (for the xbox 360 version) to call for your horse. If the horse is dead then move up the map a little and it'll magically be revived. Alternatively, you can set up camp and "teleport" to the nearest town.

Yeah, I found that out eventually... :blush:

Trader Joe
05-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Picked up Red Dead last night...pretty sick.

thewholefnshow31
05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Been having fun with the lasso as of late...

How do you get the lasso?

Trader Joe
05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Question tho, is there ever a reason to not use the Carbine Repeater? I feel like they give that to you way too early.

Suaveness
05-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Final Fantasy VII. Yay.

Suaveness
05-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes out on Sunday. IGN just gave it a 10.0, and it's getting rave reviews so far. I can't bloody wait, because the first one was so damn fun. If you haven't played the original, I highly, highly recommend it.

Natston
05-22-2010, 03:40 AM
How do you get the lasso?

You gotta complete a couple of missions on the farm first. I'm pretty sure it's after you herd the cattle, but you get it when you start catching the wild horses.

Trader Joe
05-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah the lasso is a lot of fun! I love using it if someone tries to steal my horse.

thewholefnshow31
05-24-2010, 08:00 AM
You gotta complete a couple of missions on the farm first. I'm pretty sure it's after you herd the cattle, but you get it when you start catching the wild horses.

I got it shortly after posting. Gave up the horse they said I could keep so I can continue to use my war horse. The lasso is so much fun. I have to get the dastardly achievement here soon.

cdash
05-26-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm sure this has been hit on in this thread, but I don't feel like sifting through it. Anyone play CoD: World at War on XBox Live? Actually, just the zombies part. I am about two years late to the game on this one, but it's a blast.

Trader Joe
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Anybody else do the first two parts of the I Know You stranger quest in Red Dead yet?

bellisimo
05-28-2010, 08:01 PM
coming closer and closer to Dragon Age Origin's big finale...its becoming so good! I gotta play the final hours again for sure!

sure in the middle it had started to feel a little bit of repeating actions but the last 4 hours i've played have more than made up for it and i can't wait to see what it holds for me in the end...havent been this hooked on the story since mass effect

N8R
05-28-2010, 10:49 PM
I have been playing a lot of Rockband recently. I am playing expert on the guitar now and trying to beat the game. I played with my dad today on vocals which was really cool and funny at the same time. He really belted out some of the lyrics.

Kegboy
05-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Red Dead

I'm so depressed. After 15+ hours, my horse became my "trusted steed", then he went and disappeared on me. I must not have hitched him up in town before I started playing poker, and he's been replaced. My last slot save was a good 3 hours beforehand.

:disappoin

N8R
05-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I just bought Rockband 2. I am rolling through on expert so far. This is a scary concept.

The Toxic Avenger
05-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I would normally say Halo but its actually Dante's Inferno. Not a great game... it just made me homesick for God of War...

But anyway, for all you Halo Fanatics I'm going to Columbus, OH next weekend to a Major League Gaming competition. Its at the convention center, $25 for a 3 day pass. I just thought I'd post this in case some one who liked video games lived in or near Columbus!

Hicks
05-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I've rented New Super Mario Bros Wii through Gamefly. Pretty decent, though now suddenly the next game in my queue, Red Dead Redemption, went from very low availability to available now, and I'm suddenly tempted to punt Mario now to get to that sooner (I would say "right away" but Netflix puts Gamefly to shame regarding shipping speed).

Kegboy
06-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Finished RDR.

A word of advice on single player. Keep playing until you hit the end credits. They throw a couple curves at you where you may think the story's over, but it's not.

And for those who care, I went back and got my horse. Made it through the whole game with him, which wasn't easy. I learned to absolutely not hunt on horseback.

Hicks
06-02-2010, 11:20 PM
When I saw Gamefly say Red Dead Redemption was 'available now', I hurried up to finish Wii Mario Bros (a decent romp). No sooner does it get dropped in the mail, GF now lists RDR's availability as "very low". :unimpress

tora tora
06-03-2010, 02:18 AM
So what do you guys think of Michael Jordan being on the cover on NBA 2K11? I hear he's also going to be playable in the game. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/06/michael-jordan-to-grace-cover-of-nba-2k11/1

Hicks
06-03-2010, 08:50 AM
I like that he'll be in the game, but unless this is a legendary year for 2K, putting him on the cover is excessive.

I saw a link in that story saying NBA Live is going to be called NBA Elite from now on, by the way. Apparently they're completely changing the game mechanics for that franchise.

Hopefully both games are much better next year.

bellisimo
06-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Finished Dragon Age Origins finally...good ending but I'm going back again to play over the last 5 hours and picking different options to see how it would've ended if i chose those...

Robertmto
06-04-2010, 01:47 AM
I would normally say Halo but its actually Dante's Inferno. Not a great game... it just made me homesick for God of War...

But anyway, for all you Halo Fanatics I'm going to Columbus, OH next weekend to a Major League Gaming competition. Its at the convention center, $25 for a 3 day pass. I just thought I'd post this in case some one who liked video games lived in or near Columbus!

I went to 2 MLGs last year for Madden (Anaheim and Orlando) and would have hit this MLG event but Madden isnt until Dallas. Did u do the Combine in Chicago??

bellisimo
06-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Mass Effect 2

man what a game this is...they really have done a great job improving it from the first one...time just flies by when i'm playing/watching the story unfold...I love being a bad-*** in this video game...makes it so much fun!

Day-V
06-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Forza 3. With a Steering Wheel and Pedals, it's awesome. Love it.

duke dynamite
06-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Forza 3. With a Steering Wheel and Pedals, it's awesome. Love it.
My Steering wheel and pedals for the 360 are just collecting dust. I used them for NASCAR 09, but unfortunately EA isn't making anymore NASCAR games.

I still want to try Forza 3, though.

bellisimo
06-21-2010, 10:08 AM
after finally getting a license...driving games no longer provide me a sense of entertainment...

Hicks
06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I keep starting up Red Dead Redemption, but quickly I get frustrated with whatever mission I'm on (usually by simply getting eaten by a cougar) and become this mass-murderer until I eventually get gunned down by the police.

Kind of like how I felt about GTA4, it's like I feel as if I should love this much more than I actually am in reality.

travmil
06-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Joe Danger on PSN. A complete hoot. My 3 year old can even play it. He left me a message on my cell asking when he can play that motorcycle game again.

Kegboy
06-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I keep starting up Red Dead Redemption, but quickly I get frustrated with whatever mission I'm on (usually by simply getting eaten by a cougar) and become this mass-murderer until I eventually get gunned down by the police.

Kind of like how I felt about GTA4, it's like I feel as if I should love this much more than I actually am in reality.

Yeah, I hated those cougars. Everything else you can hear coming, if you pay attention.

Day-V
06-21-2010, 05:45 PM
My Steering wheel and pedals for the 360 are just collecting dust. I used them for NASCAR 09, but unfortunately EA isn't making anymore NASCAR games.

I still want to try Forza 3, though.

Oh man, I can't go back to the controller for NASCAR 09. I need my steering wheel.

And I'm actually kinda glad that EA isn't making any NASCAR games. While fun online, the single players have all been terrible. I still love racing at Daytona and Talladega, though.

Ms. Piggy
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Lego Indiana Jones.

bellisimo
06-28-2010, 06:45 AM
finished Mass Effect 2...man what a great last 2 hours that was...can't wait for part 3...this time i'll be saving my character for sure :D

Day-V
06-28-2010, 06:48 AM
Started a game of NBA Hangtime on the N64 today. IMHO, better than NBA Jam.

Plus, can't get enough of the Pacers line-up on here. Reggie, Smits, A.D., Heavy D, and J-Rose. Plus, MJax on the Nuggets, and Mully on the Warriors.

This game ages very well.

tora tora
07-08-2010, 02:19 AM
http://epicbattleaxe.com/wp-content/gallery/nba-2k11/nba2k11_360_fob-2.jpg
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/nba-2k11-s-jordan-cover/2273

HC
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I bought MLB2K10 which was supposed to be a huge upgrade over the previous versions, and I'm not impressed. The graphics of the crowd and stadium rival that of baseball games from the PS1 days, and when it shows the dugouts there are only like 2 players in each one. I'm not really sure what that is all about.

Day-V
07-10-2010, 02:22 AM
I bought MLB2K10 which was supposed to be a huge upgrade over the previous versions, and I'm not impressed. The graphics of the crowd and stadium rival that of baseball games from the PS1 days, and when it shows the dugouts there are only like 2 players in each one. I'm not really sure what that is all about.

While the graphics were not that impressive, I thought it was rather enjoyable and I LOVED the My Player Mode. That is ridiculously addicting.

cgg
07-10-2010, 02:49 AM
master of orion 2

HC
07-10-2010, 09:53 AM
While the graphics were not that impressive, I thought it was rather enjoyable and I LOVED the My Player Mode. That is ridiculously addicting.

To be fair I should say I haven't gotten into many facets of the game thus far. I guess my above opinion is based on an initial reaction, which thus far has been playing 4 exhibition games. I am definitely gonna play it regardless because I am a sucker for baseball games. Hoefully I find the My Player Mode to be as nice as you have.

Day-V
07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Just played a bit of the Madden 11 demo. Liking it so far. Seems a lot smoother and faster than last year. Not sure what to think of this "Strategy Pad". Seems like defensive adjustments are going to be almost impossible to do. Hello 77-74 scores online.

Still say nothing beats NFL 2K5.

ilive4sports
07-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Starcraft 2. The storyline in this game is awesome. Seeing a lot of familiar units from SC1 and Broodwar in the campaign that arent in online play.

Will Galen
07-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I just bought Hunting unlimited 2011. What a waste of money! The hunting unlimited franchise used to make the best hunting games, not anymore.

Hicks
07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Still playing Red Dead Redemption.

I was surprised the game didn't end when you ride back to your family after Dutch's death.

I just finished the mission where you take your son to herd cattle from McFarlane Ranch. Curious to find out how much further the game takes you.

Peck
07-30-2010, 03:26 AM

I was surprised the game didn't end when you ride back to your family after Dutch's death.

I just finished the mission where you take your son to herd cattle from McFarlane Ranch. Curious to find out how much further the game takes you.

Dude your not even close.

It's not even over when you think it's over the next time (beleive me you will know what I'm talking about when you get there).

Trader Joe
07-30-2010, 08:37 AM

It's not even over when you think it's over the next time (beleive me you will know what I'm talking about when you get there).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thewholefnshow31
07-30-2010, 08:49 AM

Like others have said you still got a bit to do before it is over.

I am stuck on the online part of RDR. Just playing shootout and running around with a few friends in Free Roam and killing a bunch of people. A few nights ago we had about 12 people in Blackwater just running around killing each other and the cops.

Just hoping it will hold me over until Halo Reach.

Kegboy
07-30-2010, 09:42 AM

Just keep playing until you see the credits.

Peck
07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Hass anyone gotten the 100% completion for RDR? I got to 99.8% and couldn't go further.

Peck
07-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't know what other thread to put this in but I was watching the latest episode of "sent u a message" when I saw that they have cancelled 1 vs 100.

Man I am bummed, that was a lot of fun to play that live.

Trader Joe
07-30-2010, 12:47 PM
In both RDR, and GTA IV, I got bored about 40% of the way through. Something about it just become so repetitive, I'm not sure, I know it sounds strange considering the nature of the games, but I just couldn't keep going. The story, particularly in GTA IV, definitely played a role in this as I just didn't get involved the way I do in a game like Mass Effect.

tora tora
07-30-2010, 04:18 PM
I got 100% in RDR and GTA4. :rockon2:

Peck
07-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I got 100% in RDR and GTA4. :rockon2:

:bowdown:

Kegboy
07-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Peck, you should really enjoy this.

DC Universe Online cinematic trailer:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/755358/dc-comics-mmo/videos/dcuo_blur_trl_072410.html

Like the Old Republic trailers, we know this'll be nothing like the game itself. Still, just like those, as a standalone piece this is pretty damn cool.

Peck
07-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Peck, you should really enjoy this.

DC Universe Online cinematic trailer:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/755358/dc-comics-mmo/videos/dcuo_blur_trl_072410.html

Like the Old Republic trailers, we know this'll be nothing like the game itself. Still, just like those, as a standalone piece this is pretty damn cool.

Yea I saw that the other day on youtube. Looks like DC was able to get their crap together for a MMO game where Marvel could never get it right.

Your right though, this part does look cool as hell

Hicks
07-31-2010, 03:00 PM
*Finishes the final mission of Red Dead Redemption last evening, then plays a tiny bit afterwards, but didn't get back to it until this past half hour.*

.... really? Really?

That's disappointing.

I was encouraged when the game advances a few years and you start playing as an older Jack, but after putzing around for a while now, it's obvious they didn't intend on having the story continue. This was more of a cheap gimmick. I thought I was about to have a final leg of the campaign where I got revenge for John's death and took out those ****-bite lawmen who betrayed him, but instead it's just an aimless sandbox mode. That's a real let down.

I don't mind doing side work now and again, but without the campaign, I find that pointless and I don't get much satisfaction from it.

Also, with a lot of good behavior, I'd ramped up my honor and fame, but it doesn't amount to enough for me to care.

I'm tempted to just go around being a real ******* now, if I even keep playing at all.

I'm disappointed.

The game is still very good, though.

Skaut_Ech
07-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Yea I saw that the other day on youtube. Looks like DC was able to get their crap together for a MMO game where Marvel could never get it right.

Your right though, this part does look cool as hell

And this surprises you? :p I saw that trailer and had to watch it several times. How suh-weet was THAT!!

Hicks, I JUST bought RDR yesterday and freaking LOVE it. I have a bad habit of getting a game and getting so locked in I play nothing else (Hello MW2), so I bought RDR on blind faith. VERY fun. Of course, I did the sociopathic thing and wasted half and hours killing evveeerryybboody: Dogs, horses, shopkeepers as I laughed maniacally how weird and uncomfortable it was playing in that style.

I'm gonna take my time and savor this game, seeing as how I'm pretty late to the party.

Peck
07-31-2010, 11:53 PM
*Finishes the final mission of Red Dead Redemption last evening, then plays a tiny bit afterwards, but didn't get back to it until this past half hour.*

.... really? Really?

That's disappointing.

I was encouraged when the game advances a few years and you start playing as an older Jack, but after putzing around for a while now, it's obvious they didn't intend on having the story continue. This was more of a cheap gimmick. I thought I was about to have a final leg of the campaign where I got revenge for John's death and took out those ****-bite lawmen who betrayed him, but instead it's just an aimless sandbox mode. That's a real let down.

I don't mind doing side work now and again, but without the campaign, I find that pointless and I don't get much satisfaction from it.

Also, with a lot of good behavior, I'd ramped up my honor and fame, but it doesn't amount to enough for me to care.

I'm tempted to just go around being a real ******* now, if I even keep playing at all.

I'm disappointed.

The game is still very good, though.

Um, regarding your spoilers....

You're not even close. There is much more to the story, well maybe much is the wrong word but you have at least two more story lines to go.

Peck
07-31-2010, 11:55 PM
And this surprises you? :p I saw that trailer and had to watch it several times. How suh-weet was THAT!!

Hicks, I JUST bought RDR yesterday and freaking LOVE it. I have a bad habit of getting a game and getting so locked in I play nothing else (Hello MW2), so I bought RDR on blind faith. VERY fun. Of course, I did the sociopathic thing and wasted half and hours killing evveeerryybboody: Dogs, horses, shopkeepers as I laughed maniacally how weird and uncomfortable it was playing in that style.

I'm gonna take my time and savor this game, seeing as how I'm pretty late to the party.

:tongue:

Hicks
08-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Um, regarding your spoilers....

You're not even close. There is much more to the story, well maybe much is the wrong word but you have at least two more story lines to go.

I'm not seeing any stories. :shrug:

Peck
08-01-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm not seeing any stories. :shrug:

Have you taken revenge on the federal marshals yet? It would be along the river when you find his wife.

Hicks
08-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Have you taken revenge on the federal marshals yet? It would be along the river when you find his wife.

I haven't done a thing. There's been no icons indicating anything that would initiate a story line. It's just that now I'm Jack instead of John, and I'm free to ride around and do the usual side-stuff, but that's it. Where was I supposed to go once I became Jack?

Peck
08-01-2010, 01:42 AM
I was going to try and tell you all of this but instead here just go to this link

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Remember_My_Family

cgg
08-01-2010, 06:14 AM
starcraft 2

Hicks
08-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm glad you said something because I was about to return it and would have missed out.

'Thank you for the information, Mr. Government Agent.'

*repeater shot to chest*

'Thank you for the information, Mrs. Ross.'

*shotgun blast to chest*

'Thank you for the information, Brother of Ross.'

*slits throat*

"I've come for you."

*eight shots to the torso*

RED DEAD REDEMPTION

My only regret is that by having it end with a duel, I couldn't do what I had in mind with Mr. Ross.

I was going to drag him to death.

Peck
08-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm glad you said something because I was about to return it and would have missed out.

*repeater shot to chest*

*shotgun blast to chest*

*slits throat*

"I've come for you."

RED DEAD REDEMPTION

My only regret is that by having it end with a duel, I couldn't do what I had in mind with Mr. Ross.

What % of the game did you complete?

Hicks
08-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure. I want to say 70%. But I skipped over a lot of side job type of stuff.

Peck
08-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure. I want to say 70%. But I skipped over a lot of side job type of stuff.

You can look in the stats section to see what % you have completed. Also a lot of it is based on the ambient quest like becoming a hunter and the like.

Trader Joe
08-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Downloading both of the available expansions for Mass Effect 2 right now.

Kegboy
08-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Downloading both of the available expansions for Mass Effect 2 right now.

Aack! Just had a scary moment. I meant to hit the quote button, but I hit the button that shall not be named instead. Thankfully there's a remove link.

:whew:

Anyway, let us know what you think of them. I'm getting low on stuff to play and have been considering it.

Trader Joe
08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Haha, could be a while, I'm doing it via a second replay of the entire game and just started.

thewholefnshow31
08-02-2010, 08:18 AM

*repeater shot to chest*

*shotgun blast to chest*

*slits throat*

"I've come for you."

RED DEAD REDEMPTION

HAHA you did exactly what I did, but instead I used dynamite and fire bottles. :dance:

I am at about 98% completed, but I have just got to into the online part to really get back to finishing it. I am just waiting for the DLC that will come out that adds more to the single player. .

There are 4 DLC coming and all of them will add some great fun to the game.

Trader Joe
08-02-2010, 11:24 AM
So after playing through the first three hours of ME2 again last night. I think it's been confirmed that this is my favorite video game of all time. Just amazing.

Pig Nash
08-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Wish I could play it. My computer isn't fast enough and I'm a PS3 guy.

Kegboy
08-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Wish I could play it. My computer isn't fast enough and I'm a PS3 guy.

You could try this.

http://www.onlive.com/

Trader Joe
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I play it on 360. The final scene in the game really put a strain on my 360's graphics. I've never had the console work as hard as it was during that final mission. Which I guess should show just how awesome the final mission is. Plus I was playing on an elite, which has been error free *knock on wood* since I purchased it.

Did anyone else notice this during the final mission?

Kegboy
08-02-2010, 04:11 PM
The last time I played it on the PC it did lock up in the very last battle.

Trader Joe
08-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Did you go through with no deaths kegboy?

Kegboy
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Did you go through with no deaths kegboy?

Yep, first time. Though, I spent so long getting everyone loyal I got Chambers killed by not getting there fast enough. Found out later I missed out on the chance to have her dance in my quarters because of that. I need to go through it again just for that.

Trader Joe
08-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I made sure I got everyone loyal before I got to that final mission. If you do even one mission before you jump, people start dying on the other side.

bellisimo
08-03-2010, 09:11 AM
ME2 is indeed great - it did not freeze or lock up on my PC.
i went with the loyalty missions and then just watched the alternate endings on youtube...i don't really have time to replay a game...i might be tempted later on though...great story.

Trader Joe
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Kasumi is an awesome character download for ME2 and has a very cool loyalty mission. Also did the DL mission where you get the hammerhead so far, but haven't done anything with it after the first mission with it.

I know everyone HATED the Mako, but I never really had a problem with it. And everyone seems to think the Hammerhead is like an uber-vehicle, I just think it's on the same level as the Mako. Both of them are cool, I don't really care for one more than the other.

Kasumi though is just awesome. Definitely one of my favorite characters from ME2 along with Thane, Jack, Legion, and Grunt. Some of her abilities are just a lot of fun to have around.

Might get into Overlord and the rest of firewalker tonight.

thewholefnshow31
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Just to give you RDR fans a heads up. The first of four packs are coming out next week.

Rockstar Games is happy to announce the Red Dead Redemption “Legends and Killers Pack” will be available for download August 10 for both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. The “Legends and Killers Pack” boasts nine new multiplayer map locations, the Tomahawk, the brand new projectile weapon, and more opportunities to earn Achievements and Trophies. Eight characters from Red Dead Revolver will make their debut as new multiplayer characters. The new content will be available for $9.99 on PSN and 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live.

http://i36.tinypic.com/1ex6cw.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/1hw4k3.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2cde3cg.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/242ab7t.jpg

DaveP63
08-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Tiger Woods 09 for the PSP. Once you get past the force fields around the greens, the gravity wells around the sand traps, the amazing inconsistency from one hole to the next for trying to putt uphill (even though the pitch is the same), the wind that one time will not move your ball an 30 inches in 300 yards of travel yet will move it 30 feet in and 80 yard pitch and Zuel...It pretty much sucks ***.

Natston
08-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Finally got to play NCAA Football 11...

bellisimo
08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Starcraft II
its a good game but I guess I got a bit tired with RTS games...

tora tora
08-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Just Cause 2... game is huge. A+

MagicRat
08-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Madden 11

Trader Joe
08-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Gonna buy a PS3 tonight so I can play Heavy Rain. Pretty excited.

Hicks
08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Been playing some Madden 11. Pretty fun, though I'm sure I barely use this game compared to true NFL/Football lovers. I just like playing on All-Pro as the Colts and usually going with the sideline's recommendation (with the occasional audible). I usually control Dwight Freeney on D.

Kegboy
08-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Congrats. Hope you like it.

I'm waiting for the Move patch to come out before I play it again.

Pig Nash
08-17-2010, 01:30 PM

Cool. You should buy fifa 09 so we can play online.

Trader Joe
08-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Maybe I'll look for a used copy. Madden 11 came with the bundle. I also bought Fallout 3 because I never played it on my 360 and the game of the year edition was just sitting there tempting me.

Heavy Rain first though. I have huge hopes for this game.

Trader Joe
08-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok for some reason at the start of heavy rain my character is blue, is this the way it's supposed to be?

Kegboy
08-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Uh, no.

travmil
08-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I also bought Fallout 3 because I never played it on my 360 and the game of the year edition was just sitting there tempting me.

Are you a completionist who has to see every single part of a game like me? See ya in December. Seriously.

travmil
08-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Anyone downloaded Limbo off of Xbox Live? Pretty cool little game.

Trader Joe
08-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Uh, no.

Yeah, I have no idea what was going on, but I got it straightened out. Probably played about 3-4 hours last night which from my understanding is about half of the game? Still very intense stuff.

Trader Joe
08-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Are you a completionist who has to see every single part of a game like me? See ya in December. Seriously.

I played Oblivion and Morrowind. So I know what I'm getting into with a Bethesda game. IMO Bethesda, BioWare, and Blizzard are the three best studios in gaming right now. What's up with the B's?

However, I plan to use this as more of a, "I've got some free time and I'm not sure what I want to do right now, might as well play Fallout" game. With Oblivion, I basically lived it for 3 months or so. I plan on finishing the whole thing, I just imagine it will be much more spread out.

Kegboy
08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I have no idea what was going on, but I got it straightened out. Probably played about 3-4 hours last night which from my understanding is about half of the game? Still very intense stuff.

Yeah, I flew through it. There's some scary stuff yet to come.

Day-V
08-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I should bet getting Red Dead Redemption from GameFly today. Pretty excited about it. I was a fan of Red Dead Revolver when that game out and from what I'm hearing, "Redemption" is a vastly better made game.

Trader Joe
08-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I flew through it. There's some scary stuff yet to come.

So far I'd have to say the most intense scene was...

The intro to Madison character with her dream. I made it all the way to the bathroom and then got my throat slit. And I pretty much went, "What the hell? Did I screw something up? Is she really dead?" That was a very scary part though.

Also the scene where you find the locker and Jason's ghost or whatever leads you there is just downright creepy. People falling over left and right and a creepy ghost boy...just weird.

Finally the scene between Norman Jayden, the police lieutenant, and Nathaniel the crazy Christian, is extremely intense. I ended up instinctively pulling the trigger when Nathaniel reached in his pocket. Which I would imagine most people do, did you kill him on accident Kegboy?

The game really makes you think about the consequences of your actions.

Kegboy
08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
So far I'd have to say the most intense scene was...

The intro to Madison character with her dream. I made it all the way to the bathroom and then got my throat slit. And I pretty much went, "What the hell? Did I screw something up? Is she really dead?" That was a very scary part though.

Also the scene where you find the locker and Jason's ghost or whatever leads you there is just downright creepy. People falling over left and right and a creepy ghost boy...just weird.

Finally the scene between Norman Jayden, the police lieutenant, and Nathaniel the crazy Christian, is extremely intense. I ended up instinctively pulling the trigger when Nathaniel reached in his pocket. Which I would imagine most people do, did you kill him on accident Kegboy?

The game really makes you think about the consequences of your actions.

Yeah, I killed the crazy guy, even though it looks like from the achievements you're not supposed to.

Sounds like you're not quite halfway through. I would say you haven't scratched the surface yet.

Trader Joe
08-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Well I just finished. Emotionally draining, I don't even know what to say. I lost Norman Jayden. He was killed in the fight with Scott Shelby at the end. It was a sad moment for me. I like Jayden and I played him as the ultimate good guy FBI agent. I saved the kid. Madison and Ethan moved in together, and Lauren killed Shelby.

Kegboy
08-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Cool. There's a total of 18 different endings for the 4 characters, so there's a lot of replay available. I was too drained afterwards to get back into it, then I heard about them patching it for Move, so I'm trying to hold out until then. Don't have anything to play for the next month, though, so I don't know if I'll make it.

pacer4ever
08-20-2010, 01:03 PM
NBA 2k10 naptownsher0 fun game cant wait 4 2k11

Kegboy
09-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Halo: Reach

A word of warning, so you don't end up with sore wrists like me. The last mission of the campaign is very long. Don't make the same mistake I did and think otherwise. I'd just played through the previous two chapters and thought I might as well bang it out. I would have quit a bunch of times, but I kept thinking I was near the end, and I wasn't close. It's like Bungie literally didn't want to stop and they just throw hundreds of enemies at you for ****s and giggles.

It's also quite a bit harder than the rest of the game IMO. Of course, if you can get the grenade launcher to work better than me maybe you'll have better luck. One guy I just ended up having to melee because nothing else fazed him, but it wasn't like it was set up for that.

Anyway, still fun.

cgg
10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
fallout: new vegas

travmil
10-20-2010, 11:19 PM
About 12 hours into New Vegas. So far, it's just more Fallout 3. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

BringJackBack
10-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Is Fallout:New Vegas awesome? I haven't played Fallout 3 but as a new PS3 owner I need some games to get.

Suppose I buy a PS3 tomorrow, what five games do I get?

PaceBalls
10-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Is Fallout:New Vegas awesome? I haven't played Fallout 3 but as a new PS3 owner I need some games to get.

Suppose I buy a PS3 tomorrow, what five games do I get?

Yeah, it's freakin awesome. It was made by some of the original Black Isle devs who made the first Fallout games. It has much better RPG elements than FO3, which was one of my all time favorite games. If you aren't into the type of game where stat allocation and alot of dialogue happen you might not be into it as much. If you are this will keep you busy for months.

Kegboy
10-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Depends on what you like, shooters or sports or whatever. However, every PS3 owner should absolutely get Uncharted and Uncharted 2.

travmil
10-21-2010, 09:49 AM
You should also check out the Ratchet and Clank games, the Resistance games, and the Infamous games. Also Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II, although not PS3 exclusives, should be pretty cheap to pick up by now.

BringJackBack
10-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys.

Is Red Dead Redemption's online play awesome, just cool, or lackluster? I'm looking into getting that but when I played offline I thought it was generally boring. But then I looked up online videos and WOW it looked neat.

Also, is Star Wars The Force Unleashed a good game (Force Unleashed 2 is coming out soon)? I'm a big fan of games where you are basically a beast and you can destroy anything I want. Like God Of War III.

Last but not least, what is your opinion on COD games?

cgg
10-22-2010, 09:12 PM
34 hours into fallout new vegas

Day-V
10-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I've heard New Vegas has a lot of technical issues and bugs. Is this true?

Kegboy
10-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys.

Is Red Dead Redemption's online play awesome, just cool, or lackluster? I'm looking into getting that but when I played offline I thought it was generally boring. But then I looked up online videos and WOW it looked neat.

Also, is Star Wars The Force Unleashed a good game (Force Unleashed 2 is coming out soon)? I'm a big fan of games where you are basically a beast and you can destroy anything I want. Like God Of War III.

I really got burned out on RDR single player, so I never got into multi.

Force Unleashed is decent. There were complaints that for supposedly being a bad ***, you couldn't go ape **** crazy, but I don't know how a game would work if you could destroy everything. They've said they've improved on that front in 2, we'll see.

Personally, I've been playing through it again in prep for 2, and it's still great fun. I love grabbing guys and throwing them into their buddies, off cliffs, or into stuff that blows up. Force lightning is pretty bad *** too. The controls can be a bit wonky, but the story more than makes up for it.

COD is all about the multi-player. The single player is decent, but the campaigns are always really short. Multi is really top notch, but the community is so developed, it can be really hard for a newbie to get into it. Personally, I'm staying away from the new one. Once I saw that RC car I knew it'd drive me nuts to get killed by that over and over and over again.

travmil
10-22-2010, 10:42 PM

So far it seems so. There are multiple game breaking experience and money glitches. They already patched it out, but you can just not update your game and get them anyway. Thankfully there is no multiplayer so the only game you'll ruin by exploiting the glitches is your own. Other things I've seen are clipping issues where enemies can walk right through rocks to get to you. It's no big deal to me. Fallout 3 and Oblivion were both full of similar bugs but this one does seem to have more.

Natston
10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Has anyone played Civilization V yet?

Kegboy
10-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Has anyone played Civilization V yet?

Yeah. There's some good stuff in it, but I don't love it. They kind of went too far in the Civ Revolution direction, dumbing it down too much.

Also, it's a major hog. I just put in an SSD and went to 64-bit Windows, and it still runs slow, and I'm running the DirectX 9 version. I've dialed down the graphics severly, but the turn processing still takes forever at higher stages, and larger maps are unusable. My CPU is a Core2 Duo, and it's consistently at 90%. I don't know if a Quad would help, or if it's just badly coded.

Natston
10-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I'd get it in a heartbeat if my computer had any chance of running the game...

PaceBalls
10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I'd get it in a heartbeat if my computer had any chance of running the game...

I love it, I have so many awesome games to play right now, but Civ V sucks up all my time. I'll start a scenario in the evening after dinner and then all of a sudden it's 3 AM.

It is a resource hog, I have an above average computer with a HD5870 graphic card and once I get to the modern era it takes a long time between turns. However, there is a strategy view that you can play on low end systems. You just don't see the gorgeous graphics.

The good things about Civ V vs Civ IV is the units do not stack, which, in my opinion, makes the combat much better.
They did simplify alot of stuff such as diplomacy, no religion now and some other stuff, but I love it. Also play on very hard mode or higher or it's just way too easy. Better yet, play real people.

There is a free demo on Steam so you can see if your computer can handle the strategy view.

PaceBalls
10-27-2010, 02:17 PM

Definately play the PC version if you can. They are fixing most of the bugs quickly, and of course there is going to be a plethora of player made mods available that will fix it up even more.

Kegboy
10-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Force Unleashed 2

The review sites are killing this, but I don't really see what their problem is. Yes, it's very short, and the story isn't as good as the first. But after playing the first game extensively over the last couple weeks (achievement whoring), this is a vastly superior game. The gameplay is streamlined, it flows much better (I didn't encounter any bugs), the controls are more precise, though there are way too many quicktime events. And this game is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like a console upgrade over the first game.

As I said, it's very short, under 6 hours with no multiplayer is pretty inexcusable in this day and age. But if you enjoyed the first game at all it's definitely worth a rental.

graphic-er
10-27-2010, 04:57 PM
I always love the CIV games, thought about getting CIV 4 for PS3.

I just recently bought Medal of Honor, its okay.. about a 6.5/10. Multi-player is fun, but gets too redundant as not all game modes are available on across all maps. They are going to release an update in November with a couple new maps and a last man standing mode for team death match ( just like socom). That's when the game will really open up for me.

One thing i've noticed about all these new FPS games is that they give you a radar or a kill cam so you can see who got you and where they were. That is terrible. Medal of honor doesn't have kill cams but they do give you radar. If you play hardcore mode it takes the radar off on certain game modes, but leaves it on for others. Also Hardcore mode takes away crosshairs in normal view. I don't understand why these game companies do this to tried and true formulas.

travmil
10-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Force Unleashed 2

The review sites are killing this, but I don't really see what their problem is. Yes, it's very short, and the story isn't as good as the first. But after playing the first game extensively over the last couple weeks (achievement whoring), this is a vastly superior game. The gameplay is streamlined, it flows much better (I didn't encounter any bugs), the controls are more precise, though there are way too many quicktime events. And this game is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like a console upgrade over the first game.

As I said, it's very short, under 6 hours with no multiplayer is pretty inexcusable in this day and age. But if you enjoyed the first game at all it's definitely worth a rental.

Oh man. 6 hours is just bad. I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy that.

Ownagedood
10-30-2010, 04:28 PM

Call of duty 4 is what i still think as the best online multiplayer ever created. Tho it is definitely disputable. And that is if you have plans to play online. I think even though the game has been out a few years if your gonna buy a cod game, go with that one. Or wait, the new black ops should be great. MW2 was ok, but overall was disappointing. Some do like it better than cod4 for some reason tho. Probably because its newer and the graphics are quite awesome on MW2.

BringJackBack
10-30-2010, 06:23 PM
What are the top 5 PS3 games that have good scenery and climbing, flying, or whatever. Are their any games out that are from a complete different time period or anything? Outer space, Star Wars, RDR, I don't know.

Kegboy
10-30-2010, 11:10 PM
What are the top 5 PS3 games that have good scenery and climbing, flying, or whatever.

Uncharted
http://www.ign.com/videos/2007/11/05/uncharted-drakes-fortune-playstation-3-gameplay-new-trailer?objectid=812550

Uncharted 2
http://www.ign.com/videos/2009/08/18/uncharted-2-ps3-gc-2009-trailer?objectid=14225971

Infamous
http://www.ign.com/videos/2009/04/29/infamous-playstation-3-trailer-tower-trailer?objectid=800208

Are their any games out that are from a complete different time period or anything? Outer space, Star Wars, RDR, I don't know.

I haven't played Killzone. It's sci-fi but I get the impression it's really just a shooter. Haven't played Resistance either (it's got that Half Life camera going that makes me nauseous), but that might be what you're looking for. Even though it's a shooter, it's an alternate history in the 40's and 50's where WWII didn't happen, aliens landed and started taking over, first in the Far East and then through to Europe and eventually the US. Story's supposed to be good.

As for Star Wars like, I've said before Mass Effect 2 comes out in January. Shame they're not porting the first one, but supposedly they're beefing up the intro to cover the story better.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/01/20/mass-effect-2-pc-games-trailer-launch-trailer?objectid=14235013

graphic-er
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
FYI, Socom 4 comes out in January i believe. That will be the official COD killer. Zipper is back at the helm of this one so you know its going to be amazing just like all their previous Socom games. Socom 3 for PS2 was one of the best games ever, infact Socom 2 was probably almost as good.

graphic-er
11-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys.

I can not stand Call of Duty MW2. I bought that game thinking that it was the next big thing for quality multiplayer. What a terribly put together game.

1. No bullet drop, point and shoot sucks.
2. Kill cams - real players don't need to know to be told where the enemy killed them they figure it out on their own.
3. Radar - see above.
4. Weapons - As a player who primary likes to be a sniper, You shouldn't be able to snipe somebody cross the map with your M4A1 assault rifle or uzi. Again no bullet drop.
5. The maps are too small, and not all maps are available across all game modes.
6. The perks and kill streaks were innovative but got old quickly as there are only a handful of perks that actually used by everyone. The kill streaks where sometimes just plain unfair.

One good thing I loved about that game was all the hidden spots you could get to that were great for sniping, it took skill to get up on the roof tops, so if you could get up there with out getting killed then you deserved all the easy kills you could rack up.

I owned that game for about a month and traded it in for store credit towards Battlefield BadCompany 2. Great game, very balanced on hardcore mode. Just wish they didnt take away your cross hairs. I played Battlefield 1943 for the whole summer while I waited, best $15 I ever spent.

Robertmto
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Black Ops

Kegboy
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Black Ops

Thoughts?

ilive4sports
11-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Been playing a lot of Halo Reach lately. Watching my roommate play Fable 3 and i must say it looks boring as hell. He doesn't really like it either.

graphic-er
11-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Black Ops, just bought this on Tuesday, Its way better than MW2. If you thought MW2 was unbalanced then you'll like this game, the maps a better so far as well.

Hicks
11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I wish new games didn't cost $60.

graphic-er
11-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I remember the days when a SNES games would cost anywhere from $50-$80.

pacer4ever
11-11-2010, 05:35 PM
black ops

Stryder
11-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I remember the days when a SNES games would cost anywhere from $50-$80.

What games cost $80? I don't remember that.

I remember buying a plethora of NES, SNES, and N64 games for a max of $55 plus tax.

Kegboy
11-12-2010, 01:38 AM

I remember buying a plethora of NES, SNES, and N64 games for a max of $55 plus tax.

I don't remember exactly how much they were, but I do remember the price was prohibitive to me. That's why I never got a Super Nintendo, and never even considered getting another console until a very late PS2.

bellisimo
11-12-2010, 10:21 AM

in NYC - Donkey Kong was sold for $75 on average, some of the higher prices was around $90

Trader Joe
11-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Been playing Black Ops. It's better than MW2, but has a lot of trouble with parties getting into a game in online play, it can take several attempts.

Campers have been greatly neutered compared to MW2 because the kill streaks end at 11 now.

Stryder
11-12-2010, 11:04 PM
in NYC - Donkey Kong was sold for $75 on average, some of the higher prices was around $90

New York City?

For some reason, I think this is a statistical outlier.

graphic-er
11-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I remember right here in Indianapolis, I bought Final Fantasy 7 for $79.99 at EB Games.

Hicks
11-13-2010, 01:37 AM
I remember right here in Indianapolis, I bought Final Fantasy 7 for $79.99 at EB Games.

Worth every penny.

bellisimo
11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
New York City?

For some reason, I think this is a statistical outlier.

yes New York City. I grew up in Jersey/NYC.

travmil
11-14-2010, 06:17 PM
There was a ROM chip shortage for the cartridges in the middle of the SNES lifecycle, and some cartridges needed more chips than others. Many games only used 2mb chips. I remember rumors at the time that Capcom was furiously trying to get Street Fighter II to work with 16mb of ROM so they wouldn't have to go to the next step of 24, thereby raising the price of the game. In particular I remember Final Fantasy III costing me $80, and the inflated price was due to the extra chips needed that were in short supply at the time it was manufactured. I was a HUGE video game nerd during this time and subscribed to every magazine there was. This was all over every issue of every magazine at the time.

Stryder
11-14-2010, 07:13 PM
There was a ROM chip shortage for the cartridges in the middle of the SNES lifecycle, and some cartridges needed more chips than others. Many games only used 2mb chips. I remember rumors at the time that Capcom was furiously trying to get Street Fighter II to work with 16mb of ROM so they wouldn't have to go to the next step of 24, thereby raising the price of the game. In particular I remember Final Fantasy III costing me $80, and the inflated price was due to the extra chips needed that were in short supply at the time it was manufactured. I was a HUGE video game nerd during this time and subscribed to every magazine there was. This was all over every issue of every magazine at the time.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I'll tell you though, I must have been lucky. I bought many, many games new at the time of debut and never once paid more than $55 plus tax.

BringJackBack
11-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Has anyone played Resident Evil 5? Thoughts?

Erik
11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Black Ops- The gameplay and graphics aren't as good as MW2, it feels just like World At War when playing. At first I was disappointed, but if you stick with it, it's a lot of fun. They have some new games where you can bet $(XP) that are really cool. The campaign is worth getting it for alone.

Erik
11-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Has anyone played Resident Evil 5? Thoughts?
Personally, I couldn't get into it because of the movement. It's too much like the old one where you can't shoot while walking/running. They should have done better than that.

tora tora
11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't understand how people actually enjoy playin Call Of Duty online. The maps are so claustrophobic compared to the Battlefield games... plus no vehicles? I'll pass.

pacer4ever
11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't understand how people actually enjoy playin Call Of Duty online. The maps are so claustrophobic compared to the Battlefield games... plus no vehicles? I'll pass.

Battlefield go super hard COD is alright but battlefield is tight

Peck
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I just noticed that I have over 90 hours of actual game play for Fallout New Vegas. God I need to prioritize my life better.

Anyway this time around, unlike when I played fallout 3 I did not go and complete the main story right away so I did lots & lots of other things.

However let me tell you one thing that might be helpfull.

Once you have reached level 30 that is it, no more XP awarded so if you need more XP for science or repair (there are a couple of story lines where you need 100 for each) then you need to make certain that you focus on that.

I could not complete one story line because I did not have 100 in science and sadly other than restarting I have no way of getting that.

Great game though other than that.

Trader Joe
11-15-2010, 04:58 PM

Just two different games entirely. Battlefield is much more about the scope and a well played game of Battlefield is about the strategy, but if you just wanna flip in a game with great sound direction, good graphics, and the ability to pick up and play, COD is where it's at. I own both, and IMO they aren't comparable at all other than they are both FPS. Two completely different games after that.

cdash
11-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Someone tell me about the new Zombie Mode in Black Ops. Please.