PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Jackson?

scar
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm not the most informed Colts fan, so I might ask dumb questions from time to time, and this might be one of them.

Where was Marlin Jackson last Sunday? Is he going to be playing or is he going to sit this season out? Is he injured? I'm just wondering because I was pretty excited when we drafted him and I was actually looking forward to seeing him play.

Frank Slade
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
He was still dinged up (shoulder) from the preseason but is exptected to play listed as probable this week.

Suaveness
09-15-2005, 03:31 PM
He'll probably take over Strick's role in the Nickel package. Hopefully he stays healthy and starts later.

Frank Slade
09-15-2005, 03:35 PM
He'll probably take over Strick's role in the Nickel package. Hopefully he stays healthy and starts later.

Yep agreed once he gets comfortable a few games under his belt.
I think he could overtake Jason David.. so we would have Harper and Jackson
perhaps ?

Suaveness
09-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Ideally Strick and Marlin would've started. But I don't know who's worse, Harper or David.

Frank Slade
09-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Ideally Strick and Marlin would've started. But I don't know who's worse, Harper or David.

Agreed Jason David has shown some promise...both have their shortcomings though..

I think before the injury It was almost a foregone conclusion Jackson would be starting.. so I guess it will be his spot very soon to take, and maybe let David and Harper compete for the other perhaps.....

scar
09-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Is Jackson looking like the real deal?

Suaveness
09-15-2005, 04:45 PM
From what I've heard, yes he is. He did really well at camp

hoopsforlife
09-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Oh, yes he's the real deal. During preseason, he was a bright spot amidst all the ugliness of 0-5. He covers well, making some very nice reads and pass deflections. He hits like a ton of bricks, knocking the ball out of recievers on a number of occasions. And, what I really like is that when he tackles, he makes sure of it. He wraps his arms around and drive with his legs. It's a wonderful technique.

Jackson will be a stud. Opposite of Harper with Jason David at nickelback. Don't forget Kelvin Hayden either. We've got some players back there.

EDIT: I just realized that I'm on Dad's account. This post was made by SoundAndFury, not hoopsforlife. Sorry for the confusion.

Pacers#1Fan
09-16-2005, 09:43 AM
I can't wait to see him play. I will have to tape the game because I have to work during the game but I get off at 5:30.