PDA

View Full Version : I need help.

scar
09-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Not institutionalized type help, but I need some advice on something.

I began looking around for online colleges because I live in Syracuse, Indiana, and in order to go to any college and not spend a butt load on gas, I'd have to do it online. So I began looking and found one. I signed up for information and a woman called me. She said she represented the college. Anyways, to make a long story short, I was accepted to this college and after my dad talked to the woman, he agreed to let me go. I'm 19, but I still need him to co-sign because I'm under 25, not married, and have no kids.

So I'm applying for financial aid right now.

What I need help is, I find alot of stuff for this college, and believe it's a real college and I'm not falling into any schemes, but I want to hear from some of you guys who might no better than I do if I'm getting ripped off or not. The college is AIU, American InterContinental University. If you have heard of it or know for a fact that it's a legit college and I've got nothing to worry about, please tell me. My future is at steak!

Kstat
09-15-2005, 02:16 AM
My future is at steak!

Want some A-1 sauce with that?

The Toxic Avenger
09-15-2005, 04:36 AM
Mmmmmm... Steak

I got nothing Dart, sorry.
Glad I brought something to the thread though.

Good luck.

fooddaman
09-15-2005, 06:57 AM
You will want to check their accrediations out to make sure they are real. If they have a problem giving them to you then that might be a red flag. If you follow up with accrediations, then you should be OK.

I have not heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything...

sweabs
09-15-2005, 10:54 AM
All I know is they have a lot of commercials on TV...especially when I am watching the Cosby show on TBS during my lunch.