PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeve.

pacercoltfan
09-11-2005, 03:04 PM
What's your biggest pet peeve? I posted this topic on another message board and boy was it a "hot topic".

I hate when I am driving and someone pulls out in front of me and pokes like they have the entire day to get where they need to go!:mad: Or when they pull out in front of me and then they turn a half a mile down the road!

Or how about those that don't use their turn signals!

Ok I admit I need therapy!:laugh:

Jeff Foster
09-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Bandwagon fans: Heat fans, Cubs fans

People who blame GWB for all the world's problems

Democrats whose only argument is "You're ignorant/intolerant"

sweabs
09-11-2005, 04:18 PM
"Pet Peeve".

Mr. Pink
09-11-2005, 06:17 PM
When people say GOD D*****.

I don't mind any other words, but I just don't like that word.

8.9_seconds
09-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Already posted it before, but IM language can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Helmet
09-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Already posted it before, but IM language can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolz ur so funy!1

ttyl!!!!!!!!!11

:devil:

Dab
09-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Improper use of its and it's.

Bball
09-12-2005, 01:49 AM
I had a pet peeve.... but it ran away and never came home.

-Bbakk

317Kim
09-12-2005, 06:30 AM

-Bbakk

YOU TOO!?!?!? ;)

317Kim
09-12-2005, 06:34 AM
-Bandwagoners
-Girl who pretend to like basketball b/c they are physically attracted to a or some players
-Waiting for the NEW Jerseys to be revealed
-Forgetting something you were gonna say

Yeah..those are the only ones I can think of now.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2005, 09:59 AM
lolz ur so funy!1

ttyl!!!!!!!!!11

:devil:

Oh and that was real oringinal... :tsk:

:D

Harmonica
09-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Threads on topics that have already been done a couple of million times.

Skaut_Ech
09-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Too much sugar in my coffee enema. It's just makes me jittery all day!

McClintic Sphere
09-12-2005, 12:53 PM
When I get all dressed up in my gold lame dancing gown, someone checks my package and ruins the 'secret.'

The Toxic Avenger
09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
When I get all dressed up in my gold lame dancing gown, someone checks my package and ruins the 'secret.'

:-o :blush: :cry:

MagicRat
09-12-2005, 02:22 PM
When people leave 1/8th of a cup of coffee in the coffee pot........

PacerSteelerChick
09-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Improper use of its and it's.
Totally agree! I also hate improper use of then and than.

pollardfreek
09-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Or their, there and they're. Oh, and I don't not hate it when people use double negatives.

317Kim
09-13-2005, 07:23 PM
yeah some teachers do that too they also tell you what you did.

SoupIsGood
09-13-2005, 07:24 PM
when youj can look but not touch....

and locked things

Since86
09-14-2005, 03:25 PM
when youj can look but not touch....

Especially when it comes to my nightlife........ :blush:

heywoode
09-14-2005, 04:52 PM
When the friggin' President of the friggin' United States cannot pronounce the word 'N-U-C-L-E-A-R'.....Listen up Dubya, it is NOT nuke-ya-ler!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the word 'realtor' also....Why must people say real-i-tor????? I have actual realtors who call themselves that....it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it happens every 15 minutes where I work...

Also, I hate smug people who criticize from afar instead of just letting something be that is of no consequence to them.....

heywoode
09-14-2005, 04:53 PM

-Bbakk

Ya shoulda never let it off it's leash.....

Since86
09-14-2005, 05:07 PM
When the friggin' President of the friggin' United States cannot pronounce the word 'N-U-C-L-E-A-R'.....Listen up Dubya, it is NOT nuke-ya-ler!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the word 'realtor' also....Why must people say real-i-tor????? I have actual realtors who call themselves that....it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it happens every 15 minutes where I work...

Also, I hate smug people who criticize from afar instead of just letting something be that is of no consequence to them.....

I'll apologize now then for my inability to pronouce the word "crayon."

heywoode
09-16-2005, 06:26 PM
I'll apologize now then for my inability to pronouce the word "crayon."

There's more than one way to pronounce it??!!

Shade
09-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Stupid people. I'll leave it at that. :censored:

Pacers#1Fan
09-17-2005, 11:24 AM
MY pet peeve is when you leave someone a nuetral or negative feedback on Ebay, and you have a very good reason and then they make up a reason so they can leave you nuetral feedback. Stupid people, I'll just leave it at that. :censored:

heywoode
09-18-2005, 03:25 AM
MY pet peeve is when you leave someone a nuetral or negative feedback on Ebay, and you have a very good reason and then they make up a reason so they can leave you nuetral feedback. Stupid people, I'll just leave it at that. :censored:

Yeah, I learned the hard way that sellers have all the rights on Ebay....They always wait to leave feedback until the buyer leaves it, and if the buyer is unsatisfied and leaves neutral or negative feedback, the seller leaves it too.

My opinion is that if I buy something, and I pay INSTANTLY with PayPal, I should get positive feedback before my merchandise even ships. After I pay, what else do I have to do besides wait for my stuff?? I've satisfied my entire end of the transaction INSTANTLY. Pisses me off to no end. Now I just realize that the whole feedback thing is BS and I just buy stuff and leave "neutral" but positive feedback, like "Got merchandise as promised, thanks!" or something like that regardless of how it actually went. At least I get the same insincere "Positive" feedback in return.....

Sorry to go off on a rant, but I had a bad experience.....

BTW, I guess I never told the story before....I got into a email (and feedback) war with a guy in Michigan that I bought a replica of "the cup" from....It's fun to have; I keep it in my office at work and when someone pisses me off, I pretend to throw beer on them!!

pacercoltfan
09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey I hear ya on the ebay stuff! I won something over a month ago and haven't got it yet. I found out that soon after I had won the auction that this person is no longer a member! I ended up filing a complaint w/ebay after no response from this person!:mad: This person had a lot of negative feedbacks in just one month, 15 or so, I think!

Pacers#1Fan
09-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey I hear ya on the ebay stuff! I won something over a month ago and haven't got it yet. I found out that soon after I had won the auction that this person is no longer a member! I ended up filing a complaint w/ebay after no response from this person!:mad: This person had a lot of negative feedbacks in just one month, 15 or so, I think!Their feedback is the first thing that I look at when I buy an item. If their feedback is under 95% I won't buy from them.

sweabs
09-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm sorry if I offend any Harley-owners here, but I despise obnoxiously loud, Harley Davidson's.

pacercoltfan
09-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Their feedback is the first thing that I look at when I buy an item. If their feedback is under 95% I won't buy from them.

I do too, and this person HAD a good feedback percentage at the time. 95% of the negative ones were within a month which is strange I thought. This was after I won the item.

Pacers#1Fan
09-18-2005, 11:21 PM
I'd take a "Crotch Rocket" over a Harley any day.

redwillow
08-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Is it ok if i bring this thread back? I hope it doesn't peeve anyone.

I when people say."I seen this or I seen that." It's have seen or had seen.

317Kim
08-08-2006, 04:47 PM
No problem. Not a pet peeve of mine. :)

It's funny how one year of english class changes things.

btowncolt
08-08-2006, 04:49 PM
People who try to tell us where they're @ in their username.

:ninja:

Twes
08-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I hate it when my straight jacket is so tight I can't scratch my nuts.
:crazy:

Skaut_Ech
08-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I hate it when my straight jacket is so tight I can't scratch my nuts.
:crazy:

I hate it when it's so tight I can't scratch your nuts, too.

Wait! We had the same pet peeve!! And we said it at the same time!!

Jinx! :girlfight

SoupIsGood
08-08-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry if I offend any Harley-owners here, but I despise obnoxiously loud, Harley Davidson's.

QFT

Twes
08-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I hate it when it's so tight I can't scratch your nuts, too.

Wait! We had the same pet peeve!! And we said it at the same time!!

Jinx! :girlfight

While it's great to talk to you buddy... I must admit I am horrified by the thought of you scratching my nuts.

:mygod:

vapacersfan
08-08-2006, 08:10 PM
People who try to tell us where they're @ in their username.

:ninja:

You son of a :censored:

Hicks
08-08-2006, 08:21 PM
There's more than one way to pronounce it??!!

There is indeed! Growing up, I always heard it pronounced "crown" and so I did the same thing. I suppose what they were doing was saying cra'on. Saying it correctly still feels weird.

Hicks
08-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I hate it when people pretend to be my friend but hate me behind my back.

I hate it when I let myself care enough about something that's unlikely to go my way, that I'm crushed when it doesn't.

I hate it when optimism is mocked and looked down upon.

I hate it when people let something as simple as sports cause them to do or say bad things.

I hate when people **** on what I care about to "win" a conversation about a personal taste.

I hate it when people who have it better than me look down on what I have that I cherish.

I hate it when people who are less happy than me try to rip me apart because of it.

I hate cynicism.

I hate people who are cruel to others because they can't accept them.

Twes
08-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I hate it when people pretend to be my friend but hate me behind my back.

I hate it when I let myself care enough about something that's unlikely to go my way, that I'm crushed when it doesn't.

I hate it when optimism is mocked and looked down upon.

I hate it when people let something as simple as sports cause them to do or say bad things.

I hate when people **** on what I care about to "win" a conversation about a personal taste.

I hate it when people who have it better than me look down on what I have that I cherish.

I hate it when people who are less happy than me try to rip me apart because of it.

I hate cynicism.

I hate people who are cruel to others because they can't accept them.

That's a lot of hate for an optimist.

:wtf:

Spicoli
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm not a big fan of drifters. They tend to peeve me.

Drifter stew is pretty dang good though...

Twes
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
I've never once met a drifter who made it to where he was going.

fooddaman
08-08-2006, 10:47 PM
I'd take a "Crotch Rocket" over a Harley any day.

no way I could ever own a "crotch rocket", I would always have to check to see if it was running

redwillow
08-08-2006, 10:48 PM
I hate when people stand too close to me in line.

N8R
08-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I hate people like D Lo and D Mon Four Twun (Daddy's Money 420)

I hate when people kick your seat at the movie theatres

I hate when people have an annoying laugh

I hate finding my vehicle shot up with paintballs

I hate girls who think they are better than me

I hate people who wear crocs

I hate people who drive cars like they have all day and are scared to actually drive

I hate the post office for trying to deliver packages so dammed early

I hate it when people thank god when they win an award cause they think they are soo blessed...what about everyone else

Oh yeah and I hate big shouldered NBA replica jerseys or as I call them Big Sholds and the people who wear them thinking they are cool jerseys and those who wear only the "popular" players jerseys cause they know nothing of basketball and are just trying to be cool but dont realize they look like total jackasses who should be sent to the middle of the ocean and left their with their NBA sweaters.....Jackasses

pizza guy
08-12-2006, 06:36 PM
I hate to hear people complain about stupid stuff and think people care.

;)

Shade
08-17-2006, 05:25 PM
I have a lot of pet peeves anymore, but my main one is people who blast their crappy music like the rest of the world wants to hear it. And as if that's not enough, they have to raise the bass at a ridiculous level, probably because the music is so poor they need to overcompensate for it.

Every damn place I move, I get one of these rude people as neighbors. I seriously just want to **** up this guy's car right now.

btowncolt
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
People who can't handle my music.

Shade
08-17-2006, 05:32 PM
*prepares Works bomb for btown's car*

:plot:

317Kim
08-17-2006, 05:34 PM
When people talk really loud on the bus or in the cafeteria and think they're the shtuff when they're really not.

The Hustler
08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
When people say they are going to something and then flat out ignore is and dont do it!!! .... just say ur not going to in the first place!

Bball
08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
I hate it that duct tape prices keep going up. It's just making sex too expensive!

:eek:

;)

-Bball

Bball
08-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Let's see pet peeves...

It's "For Instance" -not- "For Instant"

"Weather and Whether" are both words but they are not interchangable.

"Difference" not "Differance"

"Per se' " not "Per Say"

-Bball

birdman
08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I can't take it when people chomp on their food.

indytoad
08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I can't take it when people chomp on their food.

Or people that chew with their mouths open.

Speaking of irritating vernacular, I despise the word "anyways." It's come to the point where I've seen it even in professional stuff.

IndyToad
Get rid of Barry Bonds

Shade
08-17-2006, 09:22 PM
I have three major pet peeves:

:thepacers :colts: :hoosiers:

pizza guy
08-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Or people that chew with their mouths open.
Speaking of irritating vernacular, I despise the word "anyways." It's come to the point where I've seen it even in professional stuff.

IndyToad
Get rid of Barry Bonds

I can't stand that either.

Anyways, I hate it when people do things just to annoy you.

Twes
08-18-2006, 05:23 AM
I hate it when people end sentences with "at" or "to"..

"where are you at"

"where are you going to"

Twes
08-18-2006, 05:32 AM
Junior Seau sure had a long and fullfilling retirement.

:rolleyes:

vapacersfan
08-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Junior Seau sure had a long and fullfilling retirement.

:rolleyes:

It wasnt a retirement. It was a graduation.

:laugh:

Twes
08-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I guess he must have had library fines.

His diploma wasn't in the envelope.

redwillow
08-20-2006, 06:24 PM
When some tells you that they are not interested in you in front of the entire Subway restaurant staff and all the customers.

When they don't put the green onions on the stuff from Taco Bell that is supposed to have green onions on it.

Robertmto
08-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Madden glitchers

vapacersfan
08-20-2006, 10:03 PM
When people show up un-announced

When Hicks cencors the word "banned" from our custom title section. Geeze, I just wanted to have a little bit of fun :devil:

Robertmto
08-20-2006, 10:14 PM
He does?

Robertmto
08-20-2006, 10:17 PM
he DOES

Ron who?
08-21-2006, 08:28 AM
People that complain about other people being loud... well most of the time it annoys me.. others im on their side