PDA

View Full Version : Was John Greene At the Big House?

FiestyFosterFanatic
09-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Anyone see Michigan fans throwing their cups on the field after Notre Dame beat them? Bunch of crybabies. I think its in their nature to throw stuff. Sign some of those guys up for the Tigers, hell, maybe they can play QB for the Lions and Wolverines!

Kstat
09-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Anyone see Michigan fans throwing their cups on the field after Notre Dame beat them? Bunch of crybabies. I think its in their nature to throw stuff. Sign some of those guys up for the Tigers, hell, maybe they can play QB for the Lions and Wolverines!

Shouttt boooooox..........

efx
09-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Just out of curiosity.

You say it's in "their" nature. What is it about them and their say upbringing that makes "them" do stuff like this?

Or are you just trolling?

Kstat
09-10-2005, 04:01 PM
This thread is going places, that is for sure.

Eh, it's such obvious bait even I won't touch it.

pretty much. Although I'm sure this kind of thread is probably all over Indystar by now....

Jermaniac
09-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Just out of curiosity.

You say it's in "their" nature. What is it about them and their say upbringing that makes "them" do stuff like this?

Or are you just trolling?Talk crap about the Pacers = Not trolling
Talk crap about Detriot = Trolling

Thats Pacers Digest for you.

Kstat
09-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Talk crap about the Pacers = Not trolling

hmm..... you just compared players on a basketball team to an entire city.

Other than that, great analogy.

And FYI, he wasn't talking about one city, since Ann Arbor is halfway across the state from Detroit. He was talking about ALL OF MICHIGAN.

So yes, now we're comparing 10,000,000 people to 12.

FiestyFosterFanatic
09-10-2005, 04:07 PM
No no no, i'm not talking crap about Detroit, i'm talking crap about the entire STATE of Michigan. Haha.

Naptown Seth
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
The only decent Michiganians live in the upper penninsula.

Hicks
09-10-2005, 04:17 PM
If fans were throwing cups, I don't think anybody should be quick to step up to defend them.

Kstat
09-10-2005, 04:17 PM
This is going to turn out well.

Can't we talk about Brad Miller or sumptin'?

Eh, if it does, won't be cause of me. Trolls will be trolls. Since foretaz left, they're mostly amatuers anyway.

Lord Helmet
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
If fans were throwing cups, I don't think anybody should be quick to step up to defend them.
Others think we should......

SoupIsGood
09-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Did Charlie Weiss charge into the stands after them?

FiestyFosterFanatic
09-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Did Charlie Weiss charge into the stands after them?

No, he charged towards the concession stand, he was hungry.

Kstat
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM

A few people threw empty cups onto an empty field. maybe 10-15 people out of 110,000......

Nobody's defending them, but what makes it a troll post is the obvious excuse to take a cheap shot at others.

And this happens just about all the time in college and pro football, at one point or another. Any random SEC school would throw more stuff in a game vs a I-AA team.

In all, big flippin deal.

SoupIsGood
09-10-2005, 04:38 PM
No, he charged towards the concession stand, he was hungry.

But I thought the concession stand was too busy being thrown at him? :confused:

efx
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
This thread sure is going places.

FiestyFosterFanatic
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
No no, the cups were being thrown. No food, that I saw. The overweight Michigan people were probably making sure they ate their food, of course, the cups were empty...lol

SoupIsGood
09-10-2005, 04:55 PM
This thread sure is going places.

Yes it is.

I think the next stop is the Shout Box, I sure hope everybody can come. If anybody is in need of a ride there, Btown's got a FUN van you can hop in. :D

Revis1on
09-10-2005, 05:00 PM
hmm..... you just compared players on a basketball team to an entire city.

Other than that, great analogy.

And FYI, he wasn't talking about one city, since Ann Arbor is halfway across the state from Detroit. He was talking about ALL OF MICHIGAN.

So yes, now we're comparing 10,000,000 people to 12.

Riiight, right ... twelve people were throwing cups. "A few bad apples ruin it for ..." no, Detroit/Michigan has a few hundred thousand bad apples. Hundreds, if not thousands of people were throwing trash in Auburn Hills and Ann Arbor. If you are saying that the Wolverines are not claimed by Detroit, then Michiganians can't keep bringing up the Wolverines and Spartans when "Detroit championships" keep coming up in the news. You do not see this consistent fit and garbage-throwing in any other city/state in the United States.

Kstat
09-10-2005, 05:02 PM
am I the only one still trying to figure out what he just said?

Did this one escape from Btown's bus?

Mourning
09-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Just out of curiosity.

Why do you keep reacting seriously to these kind of posts? I don't get it. There is no need to relativate, because it's SO obvious that this was something for the shoutbox and since Btown's van has already arrived quite sometime ago I'm wondering ....... WHAT THE HELL BTOWN IS DOING BEHIND THOSE BUSHES?!!! Get this thread out of here, dammit!!! :mad:

Please? :D :D :D ;)

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

SoupIsGood
09-10-2005, 05:15 PM
am I the only one still trying to figure out what he just said?

Did this one escape from Btown's bus?

I think he was trying to say that a few bad apples ruined it for.... the rest of his post.

Kstat
09-10-2005, 05:16 PM
I think he was trying to say that a few bad apples ruined it for.... the rest of his post.

:laugh:

SoupIsGood
09-10-2005, 05:17 PM
WE'RE THERE EVERYBODY!!!!

:yes:

Mourning
09-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Good work team, we finally hit Shout Box level!

:woohoo:

McClintic Sphere
09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
A few people threw empty cups onto an empty field. maybe 10-15 people out of 110,000......

Nobody's defending them, but what makes it a troll post is the obvious excuse to take a cheap shot at others.

And this happens just about all the time in college and pro football, at one point or another. Any random SEC school would throw more stuff in a game vs a I-AA team.

In all, big flippin deal.

It was more like about the entire student section acting out as they realized their hubris in believing a number 3 ranking for a team that was completely outplayed at home by a supposedly inferior team:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200509100029
"Each time, Michigan's student section responded by throwing water bottles and other debris on the field."

"I fear the Irish in South Bend, but get them in Ann Arbor and they've been little more than a speedbump. I can't even remember the last time they SCORED here." another prescient Kstat quote

Jeff Foster
09-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Talk crap about the Pacers = Not trolling

its not Detroit Digest

Kegboy
09-10-2005, 10:37 PM
And FYI, he wasn't talking about one city, since Ann Arbor is halfway across the state from Detroit.

Dude, unless everything from Jackson to Benton Harbor fell into Lake Michigan, that's laughable. Might as well say Auburn Hills is halfway across the state too.

grace
09-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Dude, unless everything from Jackson to Benton Harbor fell into Lake Michigan, that's laughable. Might as well say Auburn Hills is halfway across the state too.

Laughable? More like :spitout: :lmao: :lolchair: :lol2: :rotflmao:

FYI: According to mapquest it's about 45 miles from Detroit to Ann Arbor. From Detroit to South Haven it's 180 miles. So, unless there's some new math that I don't know about Ann Arbor is 1/4 of the way across Michigan.