PDA

View Full Version : Green Day TIx

Frank Slade
09-08-2005, 08:32 PM
N E 1 going to Green Day Concert here next week ?

Jeff Foster
09-09-2005, 01:01 AM
I so would have gone to a Green Day concert......in 1994!

Frank Slade
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I so would have gone to a Green Day concert......in 1994!

You So would have ?? I think not ..;)

Ok I would direct this not to you personally .. Since there seems to be alot of HATERS of Green Day :mad:

The Fact that they just now released thier most popular Single in 2005 shows they evidently know how to gauge the up and down trends of music culture and are able to capitalize on them. If you liked them in '94 with the grunge sound it was because at the time that was in. Now their are kids in '05 who may not even remember their old stuff , they just know they are a popular band etc..

Point is.. I am sure you are thinking they are a "SELLOUT"? or that they are not EN VOGUE? if you look at the numbers they do not lie.... Not sure what is so noble with staying with the same grunge sound and playing to crowds of 5 and 6 when this is a ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS first and foremost.. They have a good understanding of the musical pulse of today and are still able to retain thier sense of self in the process. Not easy to do but they have harnessed that ability... It is so silly to hate on a band because you loved the certain moment you caught on with them with they were playing the in style type music. and now new people are doing the same thing today because of what they are playing today... what is the difference ...there is none...either get with the times or move on to something else..

No need to stay stuck in a moment that has come and gone....

Jeff Foster
09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
I just don't like them

SoupIsGood
09-10-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree Slade.

Green day's music right now is good, but I like the old grungier stuff a lot better.

denyfizle
09-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Green Day rocked last night. Screw all the haters, ya'll are the most untalented, ignorant and pathetic listeners in the world. Woooohoooooooo!

OnlyPacersLeft
09-22-2005, 10:23 AM
I got a green day stick! From the drummer. It's pretty cool.
:)