PDA

View Full Version : BP on Dwight and Reggie

cramerica
09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
From bluetongue over at cranky.

FWIW

BP said on the radio today (no link jander): irsay wanted a plan to keep 93 and 87 BEFORE signing corey simon. bp said he ran the numbers to keep both, THEN added in simon's contract and it all worked....and irsay was happy.

now of course take it with a grain of salt because 1. things can change (injury, draft etc) 2. i doubt bp would say outright we can't sign either player. at the very least he would say "it'll be tough, we'll see."--which he didn't do.

http://crankycolts.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3059

Believe_in_blue
09-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I am worried about whats going to happen to the team next year, but i'm trying to enjoy this year while were still loaded.

Pacers#1Fan
09-07-2005, 11:04 PM
I am worried about whats going to happen to the team next year, but i'm trying to enjoy this year while were still loaded.I feel the same way.

pizza guy
09-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah, to have Freeney's contract running down, and Wayne, Edge, and Thorton all going FA after this season, it's gonna take some serious cap magic.

But, I share the sentiments of Believe and #1. This team, this year, is probably the best Colts team we can honestly put together, and they really have a good shot at the whole kit'n'kaboodle.

Lord Helmet
09-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Freeney isn't going anywhere.

And, I doubt Irsay will let Wayne go.

Don't panic guys. We are in good hands.

Suaveness
09-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Well if that is what he said, then terrrrrrific.

FiestyFosterFanatic
09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't mind losing Edge, because running backs can always be replaced. But if we lose Wayne or Freeney, I will be very unhappy, especially Freeney.

fwpacerfan
09-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Freeny and Wayne will be back. Edge is probably gone. Thorton is on the bubble. I think Edge and Thorton are replaceable, especially now that Edge has some mileage on him.