PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy gas September 1.

pacercoltfan
08-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Don't buy gas September 1.
http://forums.mye28.com/e28/messages/169823.html

Arcadian
08-31-2005, 06:00 PM
You realize the link is saying the idea is stupid?

Either way I don't know when I'll be able to afford gas again.

The Toxic Avenger
08-31-2005, 06:01 PM
I know from experience that one day of no sales isn't going to do a thing. Gas stations don't make any money from gas they make real money on the extras like candy, food, chips, Drinks. And its not like they are losing anything, they will still get our money Sept. 2nd, (when we go to the job, driving our car that takes gas), and they will still have all the gas they didn't sell Sept. 1st.

The resulting set back of a whole wopping day will of course only raise gas prices, which have only spiked today because H. Katrina is stopping shipments of new oil from coming in. President Bush has already said that he plans on using the National Oil Reserves to keep prices from going any higher and to help those in the south

Pacers#1Fan
08-31-2005, 06:02 PM
DON'T BY GAS SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!

Pacers#1Fan
08-31-2005, 06:03 PM
I won't be.

pacercoltfan
08-31-2005, 06:11 PM
You realize the link is saying the idea is stupid?

Either way I don't know when I'll be able to afford gas again.

OOPS!:blush: :blush: Guess I didn't. My bad.:blush:

Kegboy
08-31-2005, 08:45 PM
These things have been going on for years. Last time I looked, they hadn't made an impact.

Unclebuck
08-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Stupid idea.

I'll but gas when I need it. I have not bought any since last Saturday and I'll probably have to get some tomorrow.

Zesty
08-31-2005, 10:24 PM
The only reason I won't buy gas on Sept. 1st is because I filled up on Aug. 30th and should be good for a week or so.

Jeff Foster
08-31-2005, 11:14 PM
I guess I won't because I don't need any. But yeah when I saw that it was a shocker.

Pacers#1Fan
08-31-2005, 11:15 PM
I guess I won't because I don't need any. But yeah when I saw that it was a shocker.No kidding.

indygeezer
09-01-2005, 12:30 AM
At this rate I'll have to sell my Oil Company stocks to pay for the gas. :censored:

efx
09-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Still half of what most of us Euros pay for gas heh

indygeezer
09-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Still half of what most of us Euros pay for gas heh

True but for the most part we have to pay for our own health care or some other service you receive that we don't. In the end, it all balances out.

able
09-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Europeans (at least the non-communist countries) don't "give" any service whatsoever for free.

We pay for health-care (or what supposedly resembles something like that and it differs per country) via taxes, and direct participation (obligatory) in the form of a percentage of "income".
On top of idiotic petrol prices mainly consisting of tax and more tax we also pay "road tax", and have toll roads, bridges, tunnels and whatever there is more, if it can be made to produce money it will.

That of course is all on top of the (generally) 50 - 80 % more we pay for our cars because they are so heavily taxed.

It is all the main reason that Europe found "outsourcing" a lot earlier then the USA, most of the "production" we need in other industries also comes from "cheap-labour" countries, because our salaries had to rise to pay for all those taxes.

has a familiar ring to it doesn't it ?

welcome to the 21st century.

grace
09-01-2005, 11:32 AM
DON'T BY GAS SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!

Can I buy some the day my fuel light goes on or should I just walk the 12 miles to work?

Pacers#1Fan
09-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Can I buy some the day my fuel light goes on or should I just walk the 12 miles to work?You can buy some then.;)

pacercoltfan
09-01-2005, 05:45 PM
I say we all just go buy horses and ride horses to work.:laugh: Can you see that in rush hour?:deadhorse :grinyes:

Pacers#1Fan
09-01-2005, 08:45 PM
There were a couple gas stations here that didn't even open today.

Pacersfan46
09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
I saw a much better idea myself somewhere else.

To not buy gas at a few of the bigger gas companies until they drop their prices. In essence trying to jump start a price war.

Not that I think that either will be effective, but this idea is better than "don't buy gas 1 day", as eventually it'll even out anyway. Anyone who didn't buy gas today will just have done so the day before, or will need to in a day or so.

For me, this is even worse than it is for a lot of people. I have a performance car that includes a turbo, and some other gadgets. In which case allows me to only be able to buy the premium gas, or my car doesn't run correctly. I'm getting raped at the gas pump.

Pacers#1Fan
09-01-2005, 09:37 PM
I saw a much better idea myself somewhere else.

To not buy gas at a few of the bigger gas companies until they drop their prices. In essence trying to jump start a price war.

Not that I think that either will be effective, but this idea is better than "don't buy gas 1 day", as eventually it'll even out anyway. Anyone who didn't buy gas today will just have done so the day before, or will need to in a day or so. I do like that idea better.

grace
09-02-2005, 10:33 AM

I buy wherever it's the least expensive. If the prices are more or less the same I go wherever it's easiest to get to. That means I hardly ever go to the station that sells the gas from company my brother works for. Yes, it makes him a little mad. When he complains I tell him they charge too damn much.

Kegboy
09-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I say we all just go buy horses and ride horses to work.:laugh: Can you see that in rush hour?:deadhorse :grinyes:

No, we can't do that. There'd be too much methane polution. :-o

Shade
09-03-2005, 01:09 PM
I didn't buy gas Sept. 1st, but only because my car was in the shop at the time. As luck would have it, my fuel pump relay went out the night before the gas price increase, so I didn't get a chance to fill up before then. :shrug: :(

Shade
09-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I haven't bought gas in 6 days. And won't need to do so for another couple weeks, likely.

Lucky you. :tongue:

I have to drive about 40 minutes, one way, to and from campus 4 days a week. :(

SoupIsGood
09-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I bought gas September 1st.