PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks the summer is to short?

Young
08-19-2005, 01:33 AM
The college people might not think this but as someone still in high school who thinks that the summers are to short?

I do. I think that we just get out of school and then we go back. Summers are 2 mounts long or so once you make up make up days.

This is just on my mind as school is fast approaching. I love the social part of school, but man I love my summers of sleeping in until noon while going to sleep at 3 in the morning. Life just doesn't get any simplier than that.

Hicks
08-19-2005, 01:41 AM
It's plenty long for me. I am a college student; finals ended May 7. That's a long *** time. Plus, I got a job at the end of June, which reminds you how luck you are to be in school to become a professional. Mix in the hell that is NBA offseason, and no, summer is quite long enough. I'm glad Fall is around the corner.

ChicagoJ
08-19-2005, 01:44 AM
As a working professional that's had chargeability > 110% this summer ("slow time", my ***), I can vouch that *this* summer was way, way, way too short.

SoupIsGood
08-19-2005, 01:52 AM
My summer was actually pretty long this time, almost three months. It got extended by a few weeks, I think.

I think I'm going to really like this year. My schedule is still pretty hectic, but there are at least more classes where I'm up and about the school, instead of listening to the teacher drone.

Diamond Dave
08-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Summer is entirely too short. I've been out of college for about 4 months and I never want to return! But I do on the 29th.

For those of you who love college, get a full-time job and try to plan a wedding and see how much you love college.

I can't wait till a professor tries to encourage me to go to graduate school. I'll roll on the floor laughing.

Doug
08-19-2005, 11:53 AM
It's plenty long for me. I am a college student; finals ended May 7. That's a long *** time. Plus, I got a job at the end of June, which reminds you how luck you are to be in school to become a professional. Mix in the hell that is NBA offseason, and no, summer is quite long enough. I'm glad Fall is around the corner.

Wait until you start teaching. Then your answer will be "HELL YES, SUMMER'S TOO SHORT!"

IMO, summer is too freakin' short. School either needs to end earlier - before Memorial day - or start later.

Pacers#1Fan
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
The college people might not think this but as someone still in high school who thinks that the summers are to short?

I do. I think that we just get out of school and then we go back. Summers are 2 mounts long or so once you make up make up days.

This is just on my mind as school is fast approaching. I love the social part of school, but man I love my summers of sleeping in until noon while going to sleep at 3 in the morning. Life just doesn't get any simplier than that.I couldn't agree more. I have to go back Monday:( .

pollardfreek
08-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I don't think so. I don't mind school, plus it's my senior year, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Vicious Tyrant
08-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Summer's hot. I miss Wisconsin. Summer's too long. Now FALL - that's always too short.