I can possibly see another Miller Moment

3. Defense
========

Both teams are going to play tough D...Very physical
I pray to god that the refs swallow their wistles tonight
everyone wants to see these teams grind it out

4. Victory
=======

We have performed very well in crunch time all season and in big games.
I see no reason why we should lose if we play well... Homecourt and all

In the end
=======

This is going to be one good game!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

indygeezer
01-20-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm nervous and frustrated.

Club meeting tonight from 7 til a little before 9 UNLESS I CAN GET SOME TO STFU!!!!!!!

Tayshaun worries me, Billups worries me, the guy taking tickets worries me.

Grab the (*&%$#%^#*& rebound and win the *&^%$#%^& game!!!!!!

Unclebuck
01-20-2004, 04:14 PM
I don't have a good feel for what is going to happen tonight

Both teams are due to lose.

Both teams have played a ton of games recently

Pistons are due to beat the Pacers.

Pistons are due for a bad game.

I have no idea what is going to happen tonight

ROCislandWarrior
01-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Sounds like we are all nervous recks :laugh:

indygeezer
01-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Sounds like we are all nervous recks :laugh:

Well, it ain't quite as bad as before a Knicks game a few years ago. THAT was nervewracking!

OK we need to work off some excess energy....EVERYBODY UP!! and 1 and 2

:dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper:

Unclebuck
01-20-2004, 04:22 PM
If Pacers win tonight they will esssentially have a 4 game lead over the Pistons.

If Pistons win tonight it is down to a 1 game lead.

So the game means very little, so just relax and enjoy :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Unclebuck
01-20-2004, 04:24 PM
The most nervous I have ever been before, during and even after a game was game 5 first round against the Bucks 2000.

7-Layer Burrito
01-20-2004, 04:35 PM
The most nervous I have ever been before, during and even after a game was game 5 first round against the Bucks 2000.

I'm with you there. I remember my hands still shaking like 2 hours after the game. And it wasn't even because of the beer. But, MAN, that was a fun game to attend in person. Conseco was full of nervous energy and LOUD the whole game. . .

It always helps when the good guys win, too.

:cool:

ROCislandWarrior
01-20-2004, 04:38 PM

Holy CRAP...that was unbelievable

Being a Pacer fan in Milwaukee before game 5...wearing my Miller Jersey around...scary

After the Pacers won...my friends started beating the crap outta me... I remember one screaming "I HATE REGGIE MILLER"

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ChicagoJ
01-20-2004, 05:14 PM
My "top-five" most nervous:

#1 and 1a: Pacers v. Knicks, Game #6 and Game #7, 1994 ECF
#2: Pacers v. Celtics, Game #5, 1991 playoffs
#3: Pacers v. Bulls, Game #7, ECF - I really wanted to beat Jordan in his last game. :cry:
#4: Pacers v. Bucks, Game #5, 2000 Round 1
#5: Pacers v. Hawks, Game #5, 1996 playoffs (Reggie's only game that series).

However, for a regular season game, I've definitely got goosebumps.

Roaming Gnome
01-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I just hope that we don't come out too :nerd: geeked :nerd: up for this game. Detroit might have spent their nervous energy on the Spurs and might be on even keel for us.

I'd say my most nervous before the game time was for Game 5 of the Bucks series because we were suppose to beat them and couldn't find ways to get the job done consistantly.

sixthman
01-20-2004, 05:29 PM

Wasn't game six the game where they had Market Street blocked off for pre-game parties. It was very drunk both outside and in the Arena. That was a game I'd like to forget. I drank too much and the Knicks punked us in our own house. Ah, memories. :mad:

ChicagoJ
01-20-2004, 05:43 PM

Wasn't game six the game where they had Market Street blocked off for pre-game parties. It was very drunk both outside and in the Arena. That was a game I'd like to forget. I drank too much and the Knicks punked us in our own house. Ah, memories. :mad:

Until I moved to Chicago, I only "missed" three home Pacers NBA playoff games - the game against the Sixers in 1980 (I was borderline too young), game #3 against Atlanta in 1987 (had a track meet, at least we won the conference championship so it was worthwhile) and game #6 of the 1994 ECF.

To set the scene, the scalpers gobbled up all the game #6 tickets before those of us actually in attendance at game #4 could get in line. A couple days later, Reggie had that historic fourth quarter in the Garden, grabbing his crotch and cussing at Spike Lee. Late in that game, I was guilty of saying, "We're going to The Finals." My Dad had strong words for me (superstition apparently runs in the family).

Scalped tickets were being sold for an outrageous amount for game #6. At that time, a season-ticket holder explained the whole "guaranteed seat for the playoffs" thing to me, so I've had those ever since just so I wouldn't miss another home playoff game... It was cheaper for Jay@Aisle4 and Jay's_Dad@Aisle4 to shell out for half-season tickets the next season than to buy scalped game #6 tickets.

Yes, you're right. The Knicks clobbered us in our own house. Market and Alabama streets were blocked off, there might have been ten thousand extra people just out in the streets that night.