PDA

View Full Version : You know what ticks me off???

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 03:31 PM
These dump trucks that rumble around town spilling rocks and crap out of their beds, but they paint a little sign on the back that says "Stay back 500 feet, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN WINDSHIELDS".

So, if I hang up a sign on my door that says "Kids should do what I say, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CHILD ABUSE!", am I safe?

:mad:

Kegboy
08-05-2005, 03:43 PM
So, if I hang up a sign on my door that says "Kids should do what I say, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CHILD ABUSE!", am I safe?

Yup.

Pacers#1Fan
08-05-2005, 04:05 PM
These dump trucks that rumble around town spilling rocks and crap out of their beds, but they paint a little sign on the back that says "Stay back 500 feet, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN WINDSHIELDS".

:mad:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_132.gif

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Yup.Oh Good.

:coach: KID, BRING ME A PEEBER!!!!

You're a real lawyer, right Kegboy????

MarionDeputy
08-05-2005, 07:37 PM

If it makes you feel any better, those signs are bull****, Indiana law requires dump trucks to cover their load, and "leaking" loads that lead to damage are absolutely responsible.

Bball
08-05-2005, 08:59 PM
I was gonna tell you what Marion Deputy told you. Unless something has changed they are in fact responsible. It very well could be their insurance company no longer covers them for this but the sign is just there to keep you from calling them.

It's probably also a hint that getting paid won't be easy.

The real question is... Why doesn't DOT enforce the rule about keeping their loads covered? Many (most? all?) dump trucks have an AUTOMATED cover. They flip the switch and the load is covered. It doesn't keep every piece from flying out but it helps a lot.

-Bball

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Really?

Hmmmmmm :trying it on for a bit:

You know - it does make me feel better. I'll hire Kegboy and SUE!!!!!!

Kegboy
08-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Oh Good.

:coach: KID, BRING ME A PEEBER!!!!

You're a real lawyer, right Kegboy????

:blush:

Actually, I just agreed with you in hopes that you would thank me, so I could say:

"Not a problem."

:runout: