PDA

View Full Version : Split from NBA} Hawks felt jilted when Curry went home

Ralph Snart
08-05-2005, 10:14 AM
hell, i say we take the money we have left and give Curry a shot....if he is willing to take a one year contract, what is the worst that could happen?

He could die. I'd love to be at that game with my kids.

Anthem
08-05-2005, 10:52 AM

You're a sick person. Please go away and don't ever come back.

And I'm serious about that.

Will Galen
08-05-2005, 10:56 AM

THAT'S A TERRIBLE THING TO SAY!!!!!!

Would one of the mods please ban this guy?

Since86
08-05-2005, 11:01 AM
I took it as being sarcastic. :shrug:

Will Galen
08-05-2005, 11:04 AM
I took it as being sarcastic. :shrug:

That was way beyond being sarcastic!

Since86
08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
That was way beyond being sarcastic!

If he would of added the :rolleyes: smiley behind it, I don't think anyone would of had a problem with it.

I just took it like he said "I would love for my kids to be at that game. :rolleyes: "

:confused:

Will Galen
08-05-2005, 11:08 AM
If he would of added the :rolleyes: smiley behind it, I don't think anyone would of had a problem with it.

I just took it like he said "I would love for my kids to be at that game. :rolleyes: "

:confused:

sar·casm (sär“k²z”…m) n. 1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound. 2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Since86
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
sar·casm (sär“k²z”…m) n. 1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound. 2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

He was making BigDawg44 the "butt of ridicule" by showing the the worst possible thing that could happen.

BD asked what was the worst that could happen, so he replied by saying he could die. I hardly doubt that he would really want his kids to see that.

I know I often times answer a question by using the opposite meaning in a sarcastic tone. Like when my gf asks me if I want to go shopping, I'll say "YEAH, that would be great" and then roll my eyes.

Will Galen
08-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Let me put it this way. It offended me that anyone would say such a thing for any reason, even in jest!

Ralph Snart
08-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Lighten up. It was meant in sarcasm.

And seriously, if the dude can't get insured he shouldn't be playing. The last thing I think anyone would want to see is someone dying because of a game.

MagicRat
08-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Did you guys seriously think he wanted to watch somebody die on the court?

If he has a serious heart problem, it's a possibility. And I often take my kids to the games and I'd hate for them, or anyone else, to see it happen.

I'm sure most of the people around here remember the tragic story of John Stewart, the center from LN who died on the court from a heart attack, but if not, here is a link........

http://www.kypost.com/sports/stew031599.html

SoupIsGood
08-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Let me put it this way. It offended me that anyone would say such a thing for any reason, even in jest!

Why does that offend you? If Curry plays pro basketball with a heart condition, he very well could die on the court, in front of hundreds of families.

Now, you wouldn't exactly want your family to be one of the hundreds to see him croak, right? I think that was his point.

denyfizle
08-05-2005, 09:00 PM

ill go Sean Penn on this one. Not that I think Penn was right coz Rock is my main man! This though is tasteless sarcasm... wrong media. Educated enough to define sarcasm, not educated enough to recognize when to observe tact. What those who say they were offended probably meant that if they wanted to hear shock comedy and dark sarcasm, they'll go elsewhere not PD.