PDA

View Full Version : Why you feel smarter after a few...

LouisvilleLip
08-04-2005, 05:12 PM
http://media3.big-boys.com/content/images/bbpics/pic1318.jpg

Kegboy
08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
A friend of mine argues that all the time, and he works for NASA. He's also a borderline alcoholic. :blush:

Bball
08-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I grabbed a cold beer, sat down, and then contemplated the theory. It makes sense to me! I'm gonna grab another beer and think on it some more.

-Bball

SoupIsGood
08-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode that explained the more sex you have, the dumber you are? I thought that was funny.

Anthem
08-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode that explained the more sex you have, the dumber you are? I thought that was funny.

It was opposite for men and women.

Men got smarter with less, while women got dumber.

MarionDeputy
08-04-2005, 11:11 PM
:brilliant:

Suaveness
08-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard....

foretaz
08-05-2005, 03:37 AM
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard....

u r not drinking enuff....;)

Will Galen
08-05-2005, 09:37 AM
I used to belong to a chess club back in Indiana. One member that could never beat me made the claim that he could beat me if he would smoke some weed first.

Anthem
08-05-2005, 10:56 AM

And you've obviously had too much... :flirt:

Anthem
08-05-2005, 10:57 AM
I used to belong to a chess club back in Indiana. One member that could never beat me made the claim that he could beat me if he would smoke some weed first.

Well? How'd it turn out?

Suaveness
08-05-2005, 01:24 PM

Pssh...I'm happy knowing I'll never touch a drop of alcohol :-p

MagicRat
08-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Somebody at some point will spill a beer on you at a game. It's inevitable. Maybe you'll get smarter through osmosis..............;)

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Why will you never touch alcohol? Are you on South Beach? You can drink red wine.

Will Galen
08-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Well? How'd it turn out?

I went over to his house one day to ask him if he wanted to golf and he was high. He wanted to play chess to prove his point. So we played.

What happened? He left his pieces unguarded and I took them. I'm a fairly high rated USCF (United States Chess Federation) player and I've won several tournaments. As such, a pawn advantage is usually enough for victory.

For those of you that don't know. When a chess board is first set up pawns are the men in front, pieces go on the row behind them. Technically Pawns aren't referred to as pieces.

Relative values in chess are:

Queens, 9 points.
Rooks, 5 points.
Bishops, 3 points.
Knights, 3 points.
Pawns, 1 point.

Leaving something hanging, meaning you can take a piece for free, is amateur stuff. Good players just don't do that. Him hanging pieces left no doubt whether he was better when smoking weed or sober. He wasn't even close to being the player he was when normal.

He didn't want to quit even after losing two pieces so I humored him. Then he immediately hung another piece, but still wouldn't quit, so I did. It was like playing a 5 year old.