PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

Harmonica
08-03-2005, 03:50 AM
We all need to move on.

Let me get this straight. You're saying we all need to move on from a player who retired 2 months ago after 18 years with the organization he helped build, while you and others cling steadfastly to a player who left 2 years ago after being with the team for only 2 seasons (during which time they never got out of the first round in the playoffs)?

PacerNthaDesert
08-03-2005, 04:35 AM
Let me get this straight. You're saying we all need to move on from a player who retired 2 months ago after 18 years with the organization he helped build, while you and others cling steadfastly to a player who left 2 years ago after being with the team for only 2 seasons (during which time they never got out of the first round in the playoffs)?

This is a quality post, couldn't agree more. I will never understand the lovefest with Brad Miller that some of these people have. Reggie will never be forgotten, even after he dies because legends live forever.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 08:53 AM

I see my parrot comment was dead-on. Took 2 minutes to validate.

Unclebuck
08-03-2005, 09:26 AM
I don't really want Reggie to come back and I don't think he should come back.

317Kim
08-03-2005, 09:30 AM
I LOVE Reggie sooo much...( i asked him ta marry me in '93..i was only 3 :blush: ) but after the post game comments and his ESPY award for Best Final Moment, i dont think he's coming back but that doesn't mean i dont want him to. It's nice ta see him go out on top of his game and everything else.

I dont kno but plus i thought he was producing Beautiful Ohio now...?

Doug
08-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Reggie played the right way. And he left the game the right way.

Coming back for a shot at a championship will add nothing to his legacy.

Does it matter that Ernie Banks didn't win one?

Harmonica
08-03-2005, 10:41 AM
I see my parrot comment was dead-on. Took 2 minutes to validate.

Ah, my Pavlovian dog, you never fail me. ;)

Sollozzo
08-03-2005, 10:44 AM

It's not that hard to figure out.

Reggie Miller turns 40 this month and is FINISHED for good. Reggie made the decision to walk away from the game and team forever.

Brad is still one of the best centers in the game, and we coulda kept him. As long as Brad is still playing at a high level, we'll complain.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 10:54 AM

Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. ";)"

Hicks
08-03-2005, 10:56 AM

It is if you're a fan of managament and a fan of "yanking chains" more than a fan of the team.

Reggie Miller turns 40 this month and is FINISHED for good. Reggie made the decision to walk away from the game and team forever.

Brad is still one of the best centers in the game, and we coulda kept him. As long as Brad is still playing at a high level, we'll complain.

Yanking chains is more important than logic.

Harmonica
08-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. ";)"

And your Bender/Brad sig wasn't a big FU to me? Okay.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 10:59 AM
And your Bender/Brad sig wasn't a big FU to me? Okay.

You think you're that important to me? :laugh:

Harmonica
08-03-2005, 11:00 AM

Yeah, well, when you take over the reigns as Pacers' GM, maybe you can right the wrong. :rolleyes:

It's not that hard to figure out. Reggie is a future HOFer. Brad isn't. Oh, and I'd bet my life savings that if Reggie were to return next year, he'd be less likely to get injured than you-know-who.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah, well, when you take over the reigns as Pacers' GM, maybe you can right the wrong. :rolleyes:

It's not that hard to figure out. Reggie is a future HOFer. Brad isn't.

It's also 2005, not 1995.

*edit* Oh, and I forgot you're one of the "GM knows best, it's not worth debating" people. Guess I better just close this place down, since we'd all be better off just sitting patiently to see what happens rather than waste our time here.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Oh, and I'd bet my life savings that if Reggie were to return next year, he'd be less likely to get injured than you-know-who.

Does someone pull a string from your back just before you mention the injuries?

MagicRat
08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Does someone pull a string from your back just before you mention the injuries?

Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. ";)" ";);)"

Harmonica
08-03-2005, 11:08 AM
It's also 2005, not 1995.

Reggie contributed a hell of lot more to his team this past season than Brad did to his. "We're down 2-0 to the Sonics guys, but don't worry, Brad will be full-strength next game and save the series." :laugh:

Vicious Tyrant
08-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Reggie coming back is about as likely to happen as me playing by someone else's rules besides my own, which I would never do. I play by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own.

Also, I don't date dudes.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. ";)" ";);)"

Sorry I failed another test. Gotta stick up for you buddy, huh?

Stick to photoshop.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Reggie contributed a hell of lot more to his team this past season than Brad did to his. "We're down 2-0 to the Sonics guys, but don't worry, Brad will be full-strength next game and save the series." :laugh:

Now you just look stupid. This is a ridiculous argument.

Hicks
08-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Reggie coming back is about as likely to happen as me playing by someone else's rules besides my own, which I would never do. I play by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own.

Also, I don't date dudes.

"I'm here to pick you up."

MagicRat
08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Sorry I failed another test. Gotta stick up for you buddy, huh?

Stick to photoshop.

Ouch........:cry:

Vicious Tyrant
08-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Ouch........:cry:

:cry:

Poor cow

MagicRat
08-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Moooooooooo........

Hicks
08-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I get mad about this because I care about what happened. So when I see anyone find pleasure in twisting things to yank on my chain or anyone who feels like I do, I get really angry. If that wasn't obvious before, I hope it is now, and will be considered in the future before any more chain-pulling exercises are used. It just sickens me to no end.

Skaut_Ech
08-03-2005, 05:37 PM

:yes: :lol: :buttkick: :fight:

Aw Heck
08-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Let's save everyone the time of posting the same arguments.

Let's go back to almost a year ago...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5658

Bball
08-03-2005, 06:32 PM
It just sickens me to no end.

And yet you are a doctor now (Dr. Cox)...

:D ;)

-Bball