PDA

View Full Version : We still won't beat the Pats, but...

Natston
07-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Tedy Bruschi, who suffered a stroke in February, will not play this season, the New England Patriots said Wednesday.

Stacey James, a spokesman for the team, said in a statement that the linebacker will focus on rehabbing and his family.

"His health has improved steadily during the past five months and Tedy continues to make daily improvements with his on-going rehabilitation," James said.

Rookies were scheduled to report for training camp Wednesday, with veterans arriving July 28.

Bruschi suffered a stroke on Feb. 16, less than two weeks after the Patriots won their third Super Bowl in four seasons.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2112630

Suaveness
07-20-2005, 04:57 PM
I hope he continues to get better

But even with Bruschi gone, Law gone, 2 coordinators gone, I somehow feel worried

Natston
07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
That's too bad. Always enjoyed watching play all but one or two games a year. I hope he can make it back next year.

You should be. They're still the team to beat in the NFL, hands down. It's just too bad their fans are such ********. It makes it impossible for anyone else to cheer for them.

I wouldn't say that their fans are overly bad. It's just that most of them are either from Boston or Bandwagoners... Oh crap I just proved your point... They are a bunch of asses... :mad:

Suaveness
07-20-2005, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't say that their fans are overly bad. It's just that most of them are either from Boston or Bandwagoners... Oh crap I just proved your point... They are a bunch of asses... :mad:

How is it that our teams always get stuck cheering against those asses? Between Pats and Celtics, I'm SO incredibly sick of Boston fans

BluBlood
07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
How is it that our teams always get stuck cheering against those asses? Between Pats and Celtics, I'm SO incredibly sick of Boston fans

At least the Pacers consistently thump the Celts.

There should be no excuse for us losing to the pats again this year. But, i've felt that way the past few years. :cry:

Suaveness
07-20-2005, 05:21 PM
It's just too bad we can't line-up Nick Harper's wife at RB for the Pats.............

Or is that still in poor taste?

:zip:

You know if that happened, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Belichick found a way to get her to cream us....

BluBlood
07-20-2005, 05:23 PM
You know if that happened, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Belichick found a way to get her to cream us....

No way. Your forgetting the fact that we have a sidearm toting safety ready to pop some caps.

ChicagoJ
07-20-2005, 05:26 PM
You won't, but maybe we can.

http://www.steelersfever.com/images/terrible_towel01.gif

:devil: :D

Natston
07-20-2005, 05:28 PM
No way. Your forgetting the fact that we have a sidearm toting safety ready to pop some caps.

He's only dangerous to the clouds with his shooting accuracy. Anyway he'll fumble the gun away and one of their WR's will return it for a TD...

ChicagoJ
07-20-2005, 05:29 PM
So it's "we" in reference to the Steelers, and "@#$@#" when in reference to the Pacers?

Interesting. Maybe if the Pacers pumped themselves full of steroids, you'd be a bigger fan.

SNAP!

:laugh:

Hey, the Steelers players don't usually turn into lunatics until *after* they retire.

ChicagoJ
07-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Last time I checked, I thought we lost by less than you did in the playoffs.... :-o

That may be right, although we crushed the Patriots during the regular season AND at least advanced to the AFC Championship game. So since we're all just playing for moral victories I think you're still on the losing end. :-p

Hey - the Patriots have been ruining our Super Bowl chances for longer than they've been ruining yours. We do have a common enemy.

Suaveness
07-20-2005, 05:35 PM
That may be right, although we crushed the Patriots during the regular season AND at least advanced to the AFC Championship game. So since we're all just playing for moral victories I think you're still on the losing end. :-p

Hey - the Patriots have been ruining our Super Bowl chances for longer than they've been ruining yours. We do have a common enemy.

True, and was wrong btw :blush:

Besides, we didnt advance farther because we played NE first.....

All in all, the message is SCREW NE :buddies:

Lord Helmet
07-20-2005, 05:55 PM
You should be. They're still the team to beat in the NFL, hands down. It's just too bad their fans are such ********. It makes it impossible for anyone else to cheer for them.
Their fans aren't just ********, they're paranoid ********.

And, yes, even without Tedy or probably Law, we will still lose to them. No way we can beat them.

They have too good of an offense and defense. And, all we have is a good offense, that will play conservatively against the Pats.

Shade
07-20-2005, 10:45 PM
This year, I'm going to buy a Pats jersey and a Pistons jersey to burn in the streets if/when the Poners eliminate them. :devil: :censored:

Lord Helmet
07-21-2005, 03:58 PM
This year, I'm going to buy a Pats jersey and a Pistons jersey to burn in the streets if/when the Poners eliminate them. :devil: :censored:
Yes................................fire........... burn...all the demons away.

SjA3837
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM
They have too good of an offense and defense. And, all we have is a good offense, that will play conservatively against the Pats.

If I remember correctly... it was our defense that kept us in the game against the Pats. Not our offense. :confused:

Lord Helmet
07-21-2005, 05:06 PM
If I remember correctly... it was our defense that kept us in the game against the Pats. Not our offense. :confused:
Our offense played conservatively against them. If we would have played like we did throughout the season we could've beaten them. Because that game was one of the games our D did actually show up.

Oh, well. No need to dwell on the past. Until the same thing happens again in January.......

SoupIsGood
07-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah, the Pats own us, I don't think we will ever beat them, not until this current team they have is gone.

Lord Helmet
07-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Here's some pointers for this coming season.

#1. Home field advantage.
We need it, if we want to have a chance to beat the Pats in the post season. We've already lost at snowy foxboro, twice. Twice too many. This is the most important key in finding a way to beat them. We need to take getting HFA seriously. Which, I don't think it was these past couple years.

#2. When playing the Pats, make sure to not all of a sudden be a ***** on offense.

#3. Defense
The D showed up last year. Let's make sure it does again in the games we play the Pats this year.

If any year is going to be our year, this will be it. Our biggest threat is weakened. (Though, I still don't think it will matter) They've lost coaches and key players.

USE THAT TO OUR ADVANTAGE, IF POSSIBLE.

One last thing, :goponies:

Bball
07-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Is Dungy still coaching the Colts?

That pretty much guarantees the Pats beat us...

-Bball

Lord Helmet
07-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Who else would there be to coach us?

Even though I'd rather Dungy stay...........

Zesty
07-27-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't know which team I hate more -- the Pats or the Pistons. This is the year we get past both, though. Gonna be a good year to be an Indy sports fan. :cool:

Lord Helmet
07-27-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't know which team I hate more -- the Pats or the Pistons. This is the year we get past both, though. Gonna be a good year to be an Indy sports fan. :cool:
Hopefully.

Sollozzo
07-27-2005, 05:29 PM
The only shot the Colts have is if we play them in the Dome during the playoffs.

In 2003 and 2004, the Colts blew so many regular season games, it's sickening. A blown regular season game against NE in both seasons that all but assured we'd have to go to NE come playoff time. We just get killed in the cold NE January weather.

Both regular season games were played in a mild climate(2003 in the dome, and 2004 in mild Sept. NE weather) The Colts stayed close, and should have won both games.

If we're playing them in the Dome come playoff time, we have a shot. But if we have to go to New England in January, it's not even worth watching.

Suaveness
07-28-2005, 03:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2118637

Johnson played 10 seasons in the NFL

FOXBORO, Mass. -- New England linebacker Ted Johnson announced his retirement Thursday after a 10-year NFL career, saying he decided to retire rather than risk further injury following a series of concussions.

A member of three Super Bowl champion teams in New England, Johnson notified the team of his decision a day before veterans were scheduled to begin training camp.

His retirement further weakens the inside linebacker position. Tedy Bruschi, the other starter there, has said he will sit out this season after suffering a minor stroke last winter.

Johnson, 32, was drafted by the Patriots in the second round of the 1995 NFL draft out of Colorado, the 57th overall player selected. The 6-foot-4, 253-pound linebacker started 106 of 125 regular season games and was credited with 865 career tackles and 11 sacks.

In addition to playing on all three Super Bowl winners, he also played on the 1996 team that lost to Green Bay in the title game. He started 15 of the team's 16 games last season after starting only two and playing in only eight in 2003 because of concussions.

"It is with deep regret that I have decided to retire from football," Johnson said in a statement issued by the team. "The decision was not an easy one, but life sometimes has a timetable all its own. I can no longer ignore the severe short- and long-term complications of the concussive head injuries I have sustained over the years."

"I am proud of all that Ted Johnson has done for the Patriots, both on the field and in the community," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said. "I know that he positively impacted the lives of thousands of Patriots fans and I fully expect that he will continue to be a positive role model in our community."

And you know what? We may still not beat them

Diamond Dave
07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Nope. They have us mentally. That and they are better coached, and they have a sound football team.

Lord Helmet
07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
WE ARE NEVER GOING TO BEAT THEM. UNTIL THE TEAM THEY HAVE NOW, IS DISMANTLED!

I feel better.

Diamond Dave
07-28-2005, 04:17 PM
WE ARE NEVER GOING TO BEAT THEM. UNTIL THE TEAM THEY HAVE NOW, IS DISMANTLED!

I feel better.

I agree. And while that should make me feel bad, and it does, I also realize that we're not the only ones. No one can seem to beat them. They have really assembled a team for the ages. Not a ton of stars, but a TEAM.

That and they get to play their home games in :censored: ing Foxboro! That :censored: is so unfair.

Suaveness
07-28-2005, 07:22 PM
What else pisses me off is the schedule makers. Once again, our regular season game is IN foxboro. *******s

Frank Slade
07-29-2005, 04:43 PM
that's ok it will be that much sweeter when we finally prevail this year:buddies:

indytoad
07-30-2005, 02:16 PM
The really funny thing is that if the Colts, by some kind of unexplicable miracle defeat the Patroits, they'll get beat by the Steelers in the next round.

Oh, the horrors of building a highlight reel team!

IndyToad
Well-undressed

Suaveness
07-30-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't think we'd lose to Pittsburgh. I think that we could beat them, but NE is the team that worries me.

And Baltimore could be quite good this year too