PDA

View Full Version : If Bender's potential Actually panned out..

8.9_seconds
07-20-2005, 01:57 PM
I know there are alot of Bender related things out there, but I was reading the latest Bender/Cro scenario and I started thinking.

If the Lakers are still looking at Bender, and the Zen Master is looking to build another team, and by some act of God JB finally replaces that 'glass knee' with some tough skin and decides that hey "Players are supposed to play when they come to the NBA?!", and he finally reaches this mythical potential that I have heard sooooooooo much about.............If the Lakers do build another championship team (which is a big stretch, I don't think it will happen), and if JB was there playing to full potential, would you all feel like we lost another Brad?Would you regret what you said?

_----------------------------------------------

My answer: Absolutely not.There are tons of guys out there that would play through anything just to be in the NBA or help their team out when they need it the most, he's not one of those guys, or he hasn't been so far. If he were to prosper somewhere else, I hope that it would be because of what has happened in Indiana, that he had learned from it.

Jose Slaughter
07-20-2005, 02:10 PM
I know there are alot of Bender related things out there, but I was reading the latest Bender/Cro scenario and I started thinking.

If the Lakers are still looking at Bender, and the Zen Master is looking to build another team, and by some act of God JB finally replaces that 'glass knee' with some tough skin and decides that hey "Players are supposed to play when they come to the NBA?!", and he finally reaches this mythical potential that I have heard sooooooooo much about.............If the Lakers do build another championship team (which is a big stretch, I don't think it will happen), and if JB was there playing to full potential, would you all feel like we lost another Brad?Would you regret what you said?

My answer: Absolutely not.There are tons of guys out there that would play through anything just to be in the NBA or help their team out when they need it the most, he's not one of those guys, or he hasn't been so far. If he were to prosper somewhere else, I hope that it would be because of what has happened in Indiana, that he had learned from it.

Move him & retire his jersey

Brian
07-20-2005, 02:10 PM
If he wouldve panned out,he wouldve asked for a trade.Either that or some team wouldve overpaid for him.

Diamond Dave
07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Absolutely not.

I felt like we lost an All-Star center, the rarest of all All-Stars, when we traded Brad.

PacerGregg
07-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Absolutely not.

I felt like we lost an All-Star center, the rarest of all All-Stars, when we traded Brad.
The thing i keep hearing is how this guy or that guy can't be relied on. Brad Miller is no different. He and his body breaks down at the end of the season just like the rest of them. Its like people are putting blinders on when talking about B. Miller.

Bball
07-20-2005, 02:39 PM
"If Bender's potential Actually panned out.."

We'd all be able to buy ice cream in Hell!

:devil:

-Bball

McClintic Sphere
07-20-2005, 02:44 PM
News flash. Bender just played 26 minutes in a game last week. At the current rate, that will make him available for another game around January or February. What is this talk of panning out? I like the current mix of speculation, mystery, and randomness that we now have with JB.

Diamond Dave
07-20-2005, 02:50 PM
The thing i keep hearing is how this guy or that guy can't be relied on. Brad Miller is no different. He and his body breaks down at the end of the season just like the rest of them. Its like people are putting blinders on when talking about B. Miller.

How much is Harmonica paying you?

Apparently you didn't see the stats on Brad during the playoffs this year. Yes, he broke his leg and rushed back to play. Hopefully Hicks still has the stat line that showed that he came back and quickly improved and by the end of the series he was nearly back to normal stat-wise.

Games Played in the last 3 years

Brad Miller: 201
J. Bender : 74
J. Tinsley : 165

Los Angeles
07-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeeks.

:eek:

Bball
07-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Games Played in the last 3 years

For Bender is that games played or minutes played? :devil:

I'm surprised it was that many games to tell you the truth.

-Bball

Diamond Dave
07-20-2005, 03:27 PM
For Bender is that games played or minutes played? :devil:

I'm surprised it was that many games to tell you the truth.

-Bball

Well in the past 2 years he has played 28 games.

3 years ago he played in 46.

Suaveness
07-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Bender's "potential" isn't going to come out, so the hell do we continually talk about this? It's such an incredible waste of time

ChicagoJ
07-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Bender's "potential" isn't going to come out, so the hell do we continually talk about this? It's such an incredible waste of time

Well, Ron's never gonna "get it" either, but we spend a lot of time on that topic, too. Its summertime.
:buddies:

Mushmouth
07-20-2005, 03:57 PM

Another Brad?

Brad who?

ChicagoJ
07-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Another Brad?

Brad who?

I assume he meant Brad Davis. He turned into an okay player after Dallas plucked him away from us in the expansion draft.

Unclebuck
07-20-2005, 04:06 PM
I assume he meant Brad Davis. He turned into an okay player after Dallas plucked him away from us in the expansion draft.

Was he the only(other) Brad who played for the Pacers

Peck
07-20-2005, 04:11 PM
I said this before in another post, but even if Jon Bender becomes the superhero we have been reading about for 6 years where does he fit in on our team?

Are we going to replace Ron Artest with him? Are we going to replace Jermaine O'Neal with him?

I know a lot of people are going to say play all three at the same time & while on paper that sounds good but in actual games an all-star team just does not work.

You need a Dale Davis or a Jeff Foster or Scott Pollard or a David Harrison who is willing to bang & doesn't need the ball to make an impact (thanks Jay).

There are only so many basketballs to go around & I'm still not convinced that there are enough for Ron & Jermaine to co-exist let alone Jackson, Tinsley & an improved Bender.

Some will say use him as a 6th man. Ok, maybe. But if he's as good as some of you hope there is no way you can justify playing him so few min. a game & even if he got starters min. again how can you work all of those players together on the offensive end. Not to mention who the hell will defend the post. While both Bender & O'Neal are great weak side shot blockers neither strike fear in the hearts of opponets when it comes to post defense.

So to me the answer to the question, no I wouldn't have a problem if he went somewhere else & blew up because I just don't think there is a place for him here to do it.

foretaz
07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Was he the only(other) Brad who played for the Pacers

dudley brad

ley

foretaz
07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
I said this before in another post, but even if Jon Bender becomes the superhero we have been reading about for 6 years where does he fit in on our team?

Are we going to replace Ron Artest with him? Are we going to replace Jermaine O'Neal with him?

I know a lot of people are going to say play all three at the same time & while on paper that sounds good but in actual games an all-star team just does not work.

You need a Dale Davis or a Jeff Foster or Scott Pollard or a David Harrison who is willing to bang & doesn't need the ball to make an impact (thanks Jay).

There are only so many basketballs to go around & I'm still not convinced that there are enough for Ron & Jermaine to co-exist let alone Jackson, Tinsley & an improved Bender.

Some will say use him as a 6th man. Ok, maybe. But if he's as good as some of you hope there is no way you can justify playing him so few min. a game & even if he got starters min. again how can you work all of those players together on the offensive end. Not to mention who the hell will defend the post. While both Bender & O'Neal are great weak side shot blockers neither strike fear in the hearts of opponets when it comes to post defense.

So to me the answer to the question, no I wouldn't have a problem if he went somewhere else & blew up because I just don't think there is a place for him here to do it.

i dunno...assuming that if he gets healthy hes suddenly gonna be an allstar might be a bit premature....

but id be willing to cross that bridge when we get to it....as a sixth man that his finally living up to some of his potential u can then make decisions that are in the best interest of the team....

having 3 all star forwards on the same team is not a problem alot of people would mind dealing with....

that gives u just one more piece to make the team better, whether that be thru trade or whatever....

the point is nothing can be accomplished until hes healthy and proven he can remain healthy....

trust me....in a way its not unlike the artest situation....though the potential trade value might be thru the roof....the current value is not.....

so u see if u can get him healthy...then see what u can do with him....given the depth of this team....its not like there is a rush at this point....the rush was probably made in past years....when he probably played because he wanted to play instead of sitting when he should be sitting....something many accuse him of not doing-which very well might be the reason hes been out for so long....

though, with jon it appears he does whatever hes instructed to do....if hes told to sit...he sits...if hes told he can play-then he plays....

again, i go nuts when i hear people say something to the fact that people have no heart because they dont play with injuries....that is so wrong on so many levels its not funny....

Kegboy
07-20-2005, 05:13 PM

Peck, you're always arguing we should trade Ron. If JB blew up, everyone would agree with you, except UB, of course.

beast23
07-20-2005, 06:29 PM
JB could become healthy tomorrow. It wouldn't matter in the least to me. Because he still wouldn't know "how to play".

So, I think Jose is close to being right.

I say move him and burn his jersey.

Hoop
07-20-2005, 10:29 PM
"If Bender's potential Actually panned out.."

We'd all be able to buy ice cream in Hell!

-Bball
You never know :shrug:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/HellFreezesOver.jpg

indytoad
07-20-2005, 11:12 PM
JB could become healthy tomorrow. It wouldn't matter in the least to me. Because he still wouldn't know "how to play".

Bolded for truth.

IndyToad
So gimmicky

DisplacedKnick
07-21-2005, 08:15 AM
This is a fill-in-the-blank question, right? I'll play:

If Bender's potential actually panned out he might eventually be able to average 10 pts and 5 boards as a 7th or 8th man for someone.

grace
07-21-2005, 10:25 AM
When Bender's potential acutally pans out this board will self destruct and there will never be another forum party because none of you will have anything to ***** about.

:muttering I knew I never should have clicked on this thread. :duh: :duh: :duh:

naptownmenace
07-21-2005, 10:31 AM
This is a fill-in-the-blank question, right? I'll play:

If Bender's potential actually panned out he might eventually be able to average 10 pts and 5 boards as a 7th or 8th man for someone.

Thank you! I read the entire thread waiting for someone to answer the way you did.

IMO, Bender at his peak will still be inconsistent and have no more impact than say... a Corliss Williamson or Stromile Swift type of player. At his very best he could aspire to be as good as Steven Jackson but I'm doubtful of that because his ball handling is simply average. Right now Austin Croshere and James Jones have more value on this Pacers team.

I think that Bender should be the Amnesty recipient (moreso than Croshere) or just trade him to a team under the cap like Atlanta or Charlotte for a 2nd rounder and cash. He can easily be replaced by JJ or hopefully Danny Granger.

PacerMan
07-21-2005, 03:40 PM
When Bender's potential acutally pans out this board will self destruct and there will never be another forum party because none of you will have anything to ***** about.

:muttering I knew I never should have clicked on this thread. :duh: :duh: :duh:

It is my greatest hope that he does pan out. Not only would he be an additional scoring weapon we need. But it would (should) shut up a whole bunch of mouths here. That would be great. :)

Diamond Dave
07-21-2005, 03:49 PM
It is my greatest hope that he does pan out. Not only would he be an additional scoring weapon we need. But it would (should) shut up a whole bunch of mouths here. That would be great. :)

Ah the dream, to have a message board entirely void of messages. :cloud9:

Then we could finally just make one giant post entitled "Pacer Fans"

And those of us who are big enough fans can be allowed to sign it. :type:

foretaz
07-21-2005, 03:54 PM

message board or bash board ?;) ;) :D :D

Bball
07-21-2005, 05:27 PM

No "Haters" allowed. Haterade will never be served again....

-Bball