PDA

View Full Version : Box Score: Pacers lose 79-72

Ultimate Frisbee
07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/timberwolves/jul18_ind-mil.pdf

Ron did not dress.

Isaac
07-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Jimmy Hunter has been on fire. Any chance we actually may be signing this guy??

I would guess no, but I'd rather have him then Edwards.

foretaz
07-18-2005, 06:43 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/timberwolves/jul18_ind-mil.pdf

Ron did not dress.

did he miss the team plane???

surely theres has to be a bad reason for him not playing :sarcasm: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ultimate Frisbee
07-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Harrison played only 14 minutes but scored 16 points and had 1 technical foul... arg!

foretaz
07-18-2005, 06:44 PM

best case scenario for any of these guys is getting an invite to training camp....best case....of course the ones that play well probably get an invite from more than one team...

Ultimate Frisbee
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
did he miss the team plane???

surely theres has to be a bad reason for him not playing :sarcasm: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think its pretty common for players to miss games... I'm guessing that the Pacers wanted to see some of the other talent to see how they do without Ron.. maybe they were just giving him a day off...

There is no recap out yet that I have seen...

foretaz
07-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Harrison played only 14 minutes but scored 16 points and had 1 technical foul... arg!

and 2 friggen rebounds....2!!!!!

can someone please tell me how a 7 foot 280 lb stud can only get 2 friggen rebounds against summer league competition?????

only one foul though...

wonder if these guys get fined for techs like they do in the regular season...im guessing maybe not...but not sure....

for harrisons sake he better hope not....otherwise hes gonna have to cut back to one bucket of chicken for a while...

able
07-18-2005, 06:48 PM
ROTFL another T for Hulk, who only played 14 minutes with impressive scoring and 6 ft's
Edwards and Bogut thrown out of the game in the 3rd

coaches must be happy, this was obviously mostly a mopup game where those who had hardly any minutes got some.

Cactus Jax
07-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Not too sure but it seems like Harrison owned Bogut on both ends.

And it looked like Bogut and Edwards went at it since the both got the boot at the same time. Now we will bring Edwards back to be the Bogut stopper :devil:

foretaz
07-18-2005, 06:52 PM
ROTFL another T for Hulk, who only played 14 minutes with impressive scoring and 6 ft's
Edwards and Bogut thrown out of the game in the 3rd

coaches must be happy, this was obviously mostly a mopup game where those who had hardly any minutes got some.

john edwards getting thrown out of a game...

somehow cant picture opie getting thrown out of a game....

wonder if aunt bea is gonna be pi$$ed....

i never woulda thunk it...

maybe someone has told him dd isnt gonna be back and he has to be the new enforcer on the team....i like it..i like it alot...re-sign him and start him every time against the pistons....he gets a bonus if he gets either one of the wallaces ejected

SoupIsGood
07-18-2005, 06:53 PM
and 2 friggen rebounds....2!!!!!

can someone please tell me how a 7 foot 280 lb stud can only get 2 friggen rebounds against summer league competition?????

only one foul though...

wonder if these guys get fined for techs like they do in the regular season...im guessing maybe not...but not sure....

for harrisons sake he better hope not....otherwise hes gonna have to cut back to one bucket of chicken for a while...

They have said SL games are very perimeter oriented, maybe David doesn't make it down the court quick enough to grab the rebounds. :hmm:

SoupIsGood
07-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Damn!! David completely owned these guys, I love it!

Why didn't he play more, he would have gone for 30.

foretaz
07-18-2005, 06:57 PM
They have said SL games are very perimeter oriented, maybe David doesn't make it down the court quick enough to grab the rebounds. :hmm:

ive been watching SL games...now granted theyre the games in las vegas...but still...i cannot fathom him having such low rebound numbers...i cant....

i really really wish the games were being broadcast...

im really pulling for the kid...i think he could be an unbelievable bonus and such....

but the guy is averaging almost as many techs per game as rebounds....WTF??

Will Galen
07-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Damn!! David completely owned these guys, I love it!

Why didn't he play more, he would have gone for 30.

Yeah, and doubled his rebound total to a respectable . . . ah . . . to umm . . . to 4.

croz24
07-18-2005, 08:12 PM
yea, u really can't look at summer league stats seriously. except for the scoring, SL staticians are notoriously bad at keeping track of rbs, asts, stls, blks, etc. i'm sure those 2rbs were in reality about 5 or 6. but still, u'd expect more from a 7foot mamoth.

Will Galen
07-18-2005, 08:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2110951

Bogut, Edwards tossed after tangling under basketAssociated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut, the No. 1 pick in this year's NBA draft, was ejected from a summer league game on Monday after tangling with Indiana Pacers center John Edwards.

Edwards, who was also ejected, got caught up with Bogut underneath the basket and inadvertently shoved him to the ground as he headed back up court.

Bogut bounced off the floor and went after Edwards, but the two were separated by teammates before they made any contact.

After deliberating for a few minutes, the officials surprisingly decided to eject both players rather than issue technical fouls, eliciting heavy complaints from both coaching staffs.

"It was a pretty quick hook," said Bogut, who left Utah after his sophomore year. "I needed a rest anyway."

Edwards said the initial contact was not intentional.

"I don't think it was merited," he said of the ejection.

It was a frustrating day for Bogut, who was 1-for-7 with 6 points and four fouls when he was ejected. He was also dominated on the defensive end by Pacers center David Harrison, who scored 14 points in the first half with Bogut guarding him.

Suaveness
07-18-2005, 08:45 PM
It's kinda stupid when people get ejected in a summer league game....

actually, more like embarassing

Isaac
07-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Oh that John Edwards, what a gangstuh.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-18-2005, 09:13 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/game_050718.html

"Bucks Bounce Pacers, 79-72

By Bobby Ciatti | Minneapolis, July 18, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Milwaukee Bucks topped the Pacers 79-72 Monday afternoon in Minnesota Summer League play behind 16 points from forward Chris Owens.
Once the Pacers cut the lead down to five with less than 3 minutes left in the game, the Bucks capitalized on the Pacers' inability to grab a defensive rebound.

Forward Lee Benson rebounded his own miss and found Owens under the hoop for a layup to stretch the lead to 71-64. Owens was fouled on the play, but missed the free throw, however the rebound was knocked out of bounds by the Pacers, allowing the Bucks to retain possession. On the ensuing play Guard Kirk Penney hit a long jumper, ending the Pacers' comeback hopes.

Even with forward Ron Artest (and guard Maurice Carter) taking a day off, the matchup exhibited intensity. With less than a minute left in the third quarter, Bucks center Andrew Bogut and Pacers center John Edwards were ejected from the game. Battling for position in the paint, Bogut was knocked to the ground. Bogut rushed to his feet and shoved Edwards before the two were separated.

Bogutís frustration was evident before that. He had shot one of seven from the field for only 6 points, while being called for 4 fouls in 26 minutes. He did collect a game-high eight rebounds.

Pacers center David Harrison once again displayed his talent while allowing his energy to draw the ire of the officials. After drawing a technical foul 17 seconds into Sundayís game, Harrison drew a technical foul less than two minutes into the game. Harrison was whistled for hanging on the rim on his monster two-handed dunk. He rested during the second half and finished with 16 points in only 14 minutes, on six-of-eight shooting from the field.

"We rested Ron and Mo Carter and cut David Harrison back to 14 minutes because it was his fourth day in a row," said assistant coach Dan Burke. "Let's just say he gave Bogut an initiation to the NBA game while he was in there. He played well. He powered him in the post."

Guard Jimmie "Snap" Hunter came off the bench to score a game-high 17 points for the Pacers. Hunter drove to the basket earning 10 trips to the free throw line. Chris Thomas had 11 points four assists and four rebounds. Hunter, a 6-4 combo guard, has scored in double figures three games in a row.

"Snap was solid," said Burke. "I think he's worthy of a look. He definitely has earned a shot at going to somebody's training camp. He just has a real calm, quiet confidence out there. I'd like to see him against NBA talent."

The loss dropped the Pacers to 2-2 in Summer League play, while it was Milwaukee's first win. The Pacers conclude their summer schedule Tuesday against the host Timberwolves.

Bobby Ciatti is a special correspondent for Pacers.com. Conrad Brunner contributed to this report.
"

McClintic Sphere
07-18-2005, 09:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/game_050718.html
"We rested Ron and Mo Carter and cut David Harrison back to 14 minutes because it was his fourth day in a row," said assistant coach Dan Burke. "Let's just say he gave Bogut an initiation to the NBA game while he was in there. He played well. He powered him in the post."

Guard Jimmie "Snap" Hunter came off the bench to score a game-high 17 points for the Pacers. Hunter drove to the basket earning 10 trips to the free throw line. Chris Thomas had 11 points four assists and four rebounds. Hunter, a 6-4 combo guard, has scored in double figures three games in a row.

"Snap was solid," said Burke. "I think he's worthy of a look. He definitely has earned a shot at going to somebody's training camp. He just has a real calm, quiet confidence out there. I'd like to see him against NBA talent."
"

Gotta love the part with Harrison dominating Bogut. Who needs Saras when we already have "Snap."

My Envy for Bobby Ciatti grows by the day. Screw you NBA tv.

Shade
07-18-2005, 10:01 PM

How is 4-of-13 shooting "on fire?" :hmm:

Anthem
07-18-2005, 11:09 PM
It was a frustrating day for Bogut, who was 1-for-7 with 6 points and four fouls when he was ejected. He was also dominated on the defensive end by Pacers center David Harrison, who scored 14 points in the first half with Bogut guarding him.

Love to hear that.

With less than a minute left in the third quarter, Bucks center Andrew Bogut and Pacers center John Edwards were ejected from the game. Battling for position in the paint, Bogut was knocked to the ground. Bogut rushed to his feet and shoved Edwards before the two were separated.

This is a hilarious mental image. Everybody talked about how big and strong and mobile Bogut is, and he got knocked down while battling for position against Edwards. Maybe Edwards is a keeper after all.

Kegboy
07-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Oh that John Edwards, what a gangstuh.

Yep, guess we can forget about him being a milk drinker. :shrug:

Kegboy
07-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Love to hear that.

This is a hilarious mental image. Everybody talked about how big and strong and mobile Bogut is, and he got knocked down while battling for position against Edwards. Maybe Edwards is a keeper after all.

Somewhere, Kstat is laughing his *** off.

Btw, did he ever eat his shoe?

GO!!!!!
07-19-2005, 01:05 AM
does anyone have any film of this game, I'd Love to see some of it plz plz plz plz

Did I read that correctly Kirk Penney was playing for the Bucks as well, Thats like a Arch Rival of Bogut, Ya'll Yanks musta though Andy would feel more at home with a fellow Down Under SuperStar Balla

Has anyone got the whole game.. Pm me plz if you do...

grace
07-19-2005, 11:04 AM
My question is who the hell were the refs?

As for Bogut and the Veep I'm sure they went off somewhere and shared a glass of milk.

Diamond Dave
07-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Someone please tell me that Harrison still has the Mo-Hawk.

Maybe he is making this his nitch. He could be like a Road-Warrior who tries to destroy the rim with each dunk.

Hey MR, I don't suppose I could get a glimpse of Harrison with the Mo-Hawk and face paint like the old Road-Warrior wrestlers?