PDA

View Full Version : Da Bulls

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Also, ASSuming we re-sign Dale. And ASSuming we have no major injuries or malfunctions. Let me go ahead and say I disagree with my father. We would beat the Bulls in a 7 game series.

Sollozzo
07-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Also, ASSuming we re-sign Dale. And ASSuming we have no major injuries or malfunctions. Let me go ahead and say I disagree with my father. We would beat the Bulls in a 7 game series.

Dale Davis isn't the key to beating the Bulls. We'd beat the Bulls with or without Davis.

If Dale Davis is the key to us winning a series against Chicago, this team has major issues.

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Dale Davis isn't the key to beating the Bulls. We'd beat the Bulls with or without Davis.

If Dale Davis is the key to us winning a series against Chicago, this team has major issues.

I think you're dead wrong there. Without Dale Davis, and having Eddy Curry back, the Bulls completely man-handle our front line. Harrison will be out in 3 minutes with fouls, JO doesn't play well with physical defenders, and Foster has always struggled with the power players.

The Bulls are tough strong team, as well as talented. With Dale I think we'll win, but it won't be a cakewalk.

Alabama-Redneck
07-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Let me go ahead and say I disagree with my father. We would beat the Bulls in a 7 game series.

DD, don't be to hard on your dad. I just attributed that statement to inhaling way too much of the residue from those ammonia inhalers they use to revive people.

That is my assement and I am sticking to it. :D

:cool:

Sollozzo
07-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I think you're dead wrong there. Without Dale Davis, and having Eddy Curry back, the Bulls completely man-handle our front line. Harrison will be out in 3 minutes with fouls, JO doesn't play well with physical defenders, and Foster has always struggled with the power players.

The Bulls are tough strong team, as well as talented. With Dale I think we'll win, but it won't be a cakewalk.

Curry is good, but Curry won't put up 20 a game on you. This isn't Shaquille O'Neal we're talking about here.

If Artest, JO, Jax, and Tins couldn't lead the team to 4 wins against Chicago in 7 games without Dale Davis, then they are 4 grossly overrated players. If Davis is the key to us beating a team like Chicago, then we definitely shouldn't be holding out on him. We should give him all the money he wants.

The Dale Davis you saw last year in those final 25 or whatever games was a Dale that had practically rested the entire season up to that point, riding the pine in Golden State. Dale Davis was on fumes by the time we were playing Detroit. Ben and Sheed were able to do whatever.

If we have Dale the whole season here, he'd be on fumes by the time we played Chicago, he'd be 37 years old by then.

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Curry is good, but Curry won't put up 20 a game on you. This isn't Shaquille O'Neal we're talking about here.

If Artest, JO, Jax, and Tins couldn't lead the team to 4 wins against Chicago in 7 games without Dale Davis, then they are 4 grossly overrated players. If Davis is the key to us beating a team like Chicago, then we definitely shouldn't be holding out on him. We should give him all the money he wants.

The Dale Davis you saw last year in those final 25 or whatever games was a Dale that had practically rested the entire season up to that point, riding the pine in Golden State. Dale Davis was on fumes by the time we were playing Detroit. Ben and Sheed were able to do whatever.

If we have Dale the whole season here, he'd be on fumes by the time we played Chicago, he'd be 37 years old by then.

IMO Eddy Curry is quite capable of scoring 20 points on us. He probably already has, more than once. Either I think we can agree he is good for probably 17 on average and 10 rebounds. Antonio will have close to 10 boards and around 5 points. But its not just their stats. Its that they are a cog in the machine.

The Bulls are a TEAM. Just like the Pistons. They have good players at each position, all capable of big games.

I'm not sure what you mean by Ben and Rasheed were able to do whatever. I guess I was watching a different game, but Dale can only guard one. Its not Dale's fault that Rasheed dominates JO.

Plus I don't think Dale will have to play as many minutes this year. Harrison will have more, and Foster will take the most minutes. I look for Dale to play around 18 minutes per game. At the start and end. And for crucial defense. We needed Dale to bulk up against the Pistons, and we will with the Bulls.

Sollozzo
07-18-2005, 05:29 PM
IMO Eddy Curry is quite capable of scoring 20 points on us. He probably already has, more than once. Either I think we can agree he is good for probably 17 on average and 10 rebounds. Antonio will have close to 10 boards and around 5 points. But its not just their stats. Its that they are a cog in the machine.

The Bulls are a TEAM. Just like the Pistons. They have good players at each position, all capable of big games.

I'm not sure what you mean by Ben and Rasheed were able to do whatever. I guess I was watching a different game, but Dale can only guard one. Its not Dale's fault that Rasheed dominates JO.

Plus I don't think Dale will have to play as many minutes this year. Harrison will have more, and Foster will take the most minutes. I look for Dale to play around 18 minutes per game. At the start and end. And for crucial defense. We needed Dale to bulk up against the Pistons, and we will with the Bulls.

We agree on most things Pacer-related I've noticed, but the importance of Dale Davis is something we disagree a little on.

Sure, Curry can get 20 points in a game on anyone, but he won't AVERAGE 20 points on us.

What I meant was, whichever Wallace Dale was against, they didn't have much problem doing what they wanted. I don't think Dale made that big of a difference against Detroit.

I agree 100% with your JO-Sheed comments. JO gets sucked into trying to dominate Sheed 1 on 1, and he just can't do it.

The bottom line is, Dale is 37 years old. Even if he just plays about 18 minutes, I think he'll be on fumes by the end of the season.

In the playoffs, it's your stars that lead you to victories. If JO, Ron, Jax, and Tins can't lead us to a series win against the Bulls without Dale Davis, then they're worthless.

Hicks
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Can you guys move this along someplace else?

indygeezer
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
HEy look! Basketball talk would actually be OT in this thread...take it elsewhere fellas. :laugh: Dernit Hicks beat me to it> :censored:

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 05:37 PM
We agree on most things Pacer-related I've noticed, but the importance of Dale Davis is something we disagree a little on.

Sure, Curry can get 20 points in a game on anyone, but he won't AVERAGE 20 points on us.

What I meant was, whichever Wallace Dale was against, they didn't have much problem doing what they wanted. I don't think Dale made that big of a difference against Detroit.

I agree 100% with your JO-Sheed comments. JO gets sucked into trying to dominate Sheed 1 on 1, and he just can't do it.

The bottom line is, Dale is 37 years old. Even if he just plays about 18 minutes, I think he'll be on fumes by the end of the season.

In the playoffs, it's your stars that lead you to victories. If JO, Ron, Jax, and Tins can't lead us to a series win against the Bulls without Dale Davis, then they're worthless.

Yes, but our stars would not have even been in the playoffs if not for Dale.

I truly believe that Dale was the turning point that put us in the playoffs. And lets not forget the first game against the Pistons with Dale. Dale completely dominated the Pistons. And if Reggie can still play at 39, then Dale can at 37. Dale, like Reg, has always kept himself in tip-top shape.

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey Hicks, is it possiblee to put our Dale thread in another new thread so we don't have to keep jumping back and forth?

Hicks
07-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Posts have now been split off.

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 05:49 PM

For those who are just looking at this, it has its basis in Peck's comments at the party that the Pacers could not beat the Bulls in a 7 game series. I disagree only if we re-sign Dale.

McClintic Sphere
07-18-2005, 06:12 PM
The Bulll's made a pretty good leap last year, and I think Skiles is an outstanding coach, but you guys are way off base if you think they are better than a fully loaded Pacer's team. First off, I don't see them having any kind of answer for Ron-Ron. Luol Deng is a good player, but Ronnie can post him up all day and Deng will have trouble scoring against him on the other end. Secondly, one of the Bull's main strengths last year was a bench that would routinely outscore their opponent. That kind of depth disparity is not going to happen against a healthy Pacer's team. Thirdly, our bigs are better than theirs, Eddie Curry or no. With Foster, Harrison, Dale and JO we just simply outclass them., which we did not have in our matchups against them last year.

Isaac
07-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Well said McClintic, I think the Pacers are far far better then the Bulls when healthy.

Bball
07-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Hmmm...
It depends on what Dale has in the tank come the playoffs (if he is even a Pacer). If we get a slow, old, tired DD then PacerFanAdam could be onto something. But that doesn't mean I disagree with Diamond Dave. I think the Bulls will be hard to beat and I think we'll need a sturdy solid Dale Davis.... or Dale Davis type player to do it.

-Bball

Sollozzo
07-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Hmmm...
It depends on what Dale has in the tank come the playoffs (if he is even a Pacer). If we get a slow, old, tired DD then PacerFanAdam could be onto something. But that doesn't mean I disagree with Diamond Dave. I think the Bulls will be hard to beat and I think we'll need a sturdy solid Dale Davis.... or Dale Davis type player to do it.

-Bball

I agree, a solid Dale Davis will help the Pacers. It certainly won't hurt.

But Dale won't make the difference against Chicago, or anyteam. If we beat a team in a series, it's because our core of JO, Artest, Jax, and Tins will have led the team there. Dale feeds off of them, he's a role player. If they can't lead the team past the Bulls, then it doesn't really matter how solid Dale is in the middle.

In the playoffs, you only go as far as your leaders can take you. Robert Horry wasn't the player leading SA to those vicotires, he was put in positions to make those shots because of what Duncan and Shaq did.

If this team depends on Dale to beat Chicago, we're in deep trouble.

Jermaniac
07-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Also, ASSuming we re-sign Dale. And ASSuming we have no major injuries or malfunctions. Let me go ahead and say I disagree with my father. We would beat the Bulls in a 7 game series.For the first time ever we agree on something. The world is coming to an end.

Mushmouth
07-19-2005, 10:51 AM

I'm not too worried about the Bulls...

Cavs/Pistons will still be our main Central Comp now that we'll be healthy and with Artest.

Moses
07-19-2005, 12:18 PM
We would beat the bulls alot sooner than 7 games. You are grossly over-rating Eddy Curry and vastly under-rating Jermaine Oneal..The guy was injured throughout the playoffs and end of the season. I don't know why you guys don't cut him a break.