PDA

View Full Version : Post Party Comments

Jose Slaughter
07-17-2005, 02:20 AM
I guess I'll start this off but a lot of the details I will leave to some of the others.

We had a total of 27 attending tonight.

Alabama-Redneck & guest
Believe_in_blue
Btowncolt
Diamond Dave
Doug
Gamble
Harmonica
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy Geezer
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
McClintic Sphere
Mrs. RWB
Peck
Pizza Guy
RWB
Roaming Gnome
Shade
Skaut Ech
Tim
Uncle Buck
Vicious Tyrant

& 2 guys that will soon be joining the forum. B Ball 56 & Fire Hawk

Yes we had lurkers tonight, how cool is that?

Most every player was taked about at one point or another but the Wes Unsel & Ron Artest comparison from Peck was especially note worthy.

Speaking of Peck.......... "The Bulls are better than us, we will not beat the Bulls"

I'll leave it up to the others to fill in their take on the evening.

As always we had a great time & I'd like to thank everybody that made it out for helping to make these gatherings so enjoyable.

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 02:33 AM
I already mentioned this, but the highlight IMO was when Peck showed up and said with a totally straight face that we traded Bender for Al. We all laughed, but he kept saying, "No, I'm serious. It really happened." We still laughed, and then he pointed at Tim and said, "Oh come on, look at his face. He wants it to be true so bad. Don't deny him this."

The only other thing I'll say tonight is we really maxed out Pizza King. All 27 listed above were there at the same time at one point, and it was a struggle. I really don't know what we could do different, though. Even with a bigger space, it's difficult to have a single conversation going with that many people.

Hicks
07-17-2005, 02:57 AM
I just got home; I'm about to fall asleep, but I wanted to chime in and say I had a great time again and it was nice to meet some new people too.

For those that didn't make it, there will be a ton and I mean a ton of pictures this time.

rabid
07-17-2005, 04:22 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it; I REALLY wanted to but something came up at the last minute and the 90-minute drive was outside my reach.

Next time, next time...

Harmonica
07-17-2005, 04:44 AM
First let me say, I was hesitant about attending, but once I was there I was glad I did. My first impression was that I was surprised by the turnout considering the weather. Talk about a dedicated bunch of people. I was first greeted by Indygeezer who is every bit as hospitable as you might imagine. He came right up to me and introduced himself and immediately put me at ease. MagicRat came over shortly thereafter and said hi.

I arrived late and pretty much stayed in the background. Of those that attended, I got to personally meet Alabama-Redneck, Diamond Dave, Hicks, Indygeezer, MagicRat, McClintic Sphere, RWB, Mrs. RWB, Peck, Roaming Gnome, Skaut Ech, Tim and UncleBuck. Of those, I got to talk to Alabama-Redneck, Hicks, Indygeezer, MagicRat, Peck and UncleBuck. A nice bunch of guys.

For those that may never have the pleasure of meeting them, here's my impression of each:

Alabama-Redneck - Great guy. Hopefully I'll get to someday take him up on his offer (even if I did invite myself) of visiting him and doing a little bass fishing.

Hicks - Really nice guy, personable and easy to talk to.

Indygeezer - We hit it off immediately on the forum and (not surprisingly) it carried over in person.

MagicRat - Very quiet, which obviously belies his rapier wit and humor.

Peck - Wish I would have gotten to talk to him more, but I had to mosey along. From what I could tell, an all around decent guy.

UncleBuck - Like I said, a nice bunch of guys. UB is no exception.

I'd encourage everyone here to attend one of these get togethers if you get the chance. You will be greeted warmly and will not be disappointed.

Skaut_Ech
07-17-2005, 05:33 AM
What fun!! I am so glad I went. As much fun as the group discussions were, I really cherished the one on one time I had with quite a few folks.

Doug confided in me that we were at the same wedding together a few year ago, he figured out who I was, but was afraid to approach me cause he thought I'd go "Okay, if you're really Doug, name the roster of the 1995 team, along with their salaries and matching shoe sizes." Like I'd do that! I wouldn't make him list the salaries.

Alabama-Redneck and I had a really nice conversation about being married and the loss of a loved one. I'm going to embarrass him by saying that he's a really dear, sweet, wise man. I feel I'm a better person for meeting him.

Indy geezer had some really sage, insightful thoughts on the Pacers, along with having a great sense of humor and being a really great guy.

Viscious Tyrant, I sense a kindred spirit in sarcasm.

Roaming Gnome, Hicks, Btown, Kegboy, Diamond Dave, Tim, McClintic, UB, Jose Slaughter, I don't mean to leave anyone out, but the list could go on and on. I was genuinely pleased to meet everyone. I couldn't have met a nicer group of people. Really.

And I've got to give a special shout out to Peck. I don't say this by way of bragging, but to give you all a little perspective. I was the very first person to post on the RATS forum a thousand years ago. I was tied for the very first web site on the Pacers on the internet...ever. I go wayyyYY back. Way back in those days, I met Peck online. Over the years, I felt a special kinship with him. When he came in, no one had to tell me who he was, I just knew. He gave me a good handshake, then I think we couldnt help but give each other a big hug. I was so excited to meet him, I can't tell you. I wanted to get him alone and start grilling him about stuff, to see what he thought, but not the most conducive venue to do so, especially with him acting as our excellent moderator.

A really nice time. I advise all of you to make time next time a get together comes around. And everyone make sure you keep an eye out for the coming foot fetish site. I hear it's reasonable prices for quality footmania.

Roaming Gnome
07-17-2005, 08:01 AM
What an awsome night! Get togethers like last nights forum party make me think that my decision to move here to Indy was a good one. To me, all you guys on here make me feel like we have one big family and a very welcome contributor on this forum.

Special thanks go out to Jose S. for making all the phone calls and doing all the leg work to make the get together the success that it always is.

indygeezer
07-17-2005, 09:04 AM
LIES...IT'S ALL LIES!!

I am not a nice guy. Heck, I didn't even attend the party, I sent my doppleganger. Only in my case, my doppleganger is a nice guy.

He tells me tho that it was fun.
=

Oh alright I was there....but it was an act. Unfortunately Mrs Geezer had a migrane so our trip to Nashville fell apart :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :dance: :dance: :dance: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: and I was afforded the opportunity to "go shopping for some new shoes".

What a shock tho to walk in and the very first person you see is a nephew.
BTW Gamble...shouldn't you be out looking for a job or something? (I'm amazed, I got outta there without paying for his beer). And if I were a newlywed, I'd be staying home on a Sat nite instead of spending time with a bunch of drunken Pacer fans (read that as NO LIFE). Guys, Gambles new bride is quite beautiful, what's even more suprising is she's a she...always wondered about that boy.

I take it back about 'Bama milking cows, turns out he was a goat milker. Oh and we gotta plan a Forum get together in Alabama so this poor schlep doesn't have to drive so far :melodrama

It was fun...it was interesting, especially hearing the comments during the moderated portion of the discussion.

There are just too many memories (que Barbara Streisand music) to clearly put everything down.

I met some really really great people there and there are some of you I really wanted to talk with but it was hard to get across the room to hook up with ya.

Finally I gotta tell y'all. When I got home I had to explain to Geezer Jr. and Geezerette where I had been and all about my "secret life". I even told them I refer to them as Geezer Jr and Geezerette. Well, it seems that, as usual, I've selected the most embarrassing name for myself, and "OMG you don't really call us that do you?" Seems I am an embarrassment to my teenagers.

YES! I AM A SUCCESS!!!

MagicRat
07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
MagicRat - Very quiet, which obviously belies his rapier wit and humor.

Yeah, but each of my 7 words was d@&% funny........

Oh, and don't trust the waitress (as nice as she was) to take the group photo........

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/2005party.jpg

indygeezer
07-17-2005, 10:03 AM
HEy did anyone git a pix of the waitress?

McClintic Sphere
07-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Let me echo the comments by others that it was a great time and wonderfull to meet so many new folks. It was like Gen-con for Pacer's fans (minus the long lines for Natalie Portman autographs). I was having such a good time talking to people that I almost nearly forgot to partake of the wonderful Pizza King pizza. Also, Alabama Redneck, thank you for that round of beer you purchased, it was mighty kind of you.
Scaut_Ech, after getting over the initial shock that you are not a second generation German immigrant and dissapointment that the girl in your avatar is not your daughter, I determined you are a tremendously nice fellow and are grateful for your part in keeping the streets of Carmel safe for roundabout travel.
Vicious Tyrant, I must say, I found you neither vicious, nor particularly tyrannical. It was nice to see someone pull themselves up by the bootstraps and rise above the morass of moral decay and subversive thought that is Taylor University. I know how the 'bad elements' at a supposed place of higher learning can corrupt someone for a lifetime, so huzzahs for making it to adulthood without too many noticable vices.
Hicks, thanks for the info on the next Joss Whedon project. I'll try to acquire Firefly by any means necessary and get up to speed by the time Serenity is released.
Gamble, I think I talked more Colt's with you than I did Pacer's the rest of the evening. I almost bought into your belief that we should start sizing Super Bowl rings. I hope you can use your family connections to keep Indy Geezer in line.
Btown Colt, your cynicism towards Artest was as uncompromised in person as it is in cyberspace, so kudos for your integrity. Hopefully, you can take that earnestness to Washington with you and heal the divide of political rupture that is so in currency in D.C. You're our Mr.Smith, man, so do it for the forum.
My main goal was to bask in the presence of such legendary figures as Peck, Hicks, Uncle Buck, Shade, Kegboy, Doug and MagicRat. Let me say, I was not disappointed. I know now why everyone waited until Peck arrived before getting to the nitty gritty issues. He was truly the master of ceremonies. MagicRat, I expected a pool hustler type which you are decidedly not.
All in all, a great time and my only regret was not getting to talk to everyone one on one. Oh, well, here's to more forumy goodness in years to come. Thanks again to Jose, who made it all possible and to "The Lurkers" hope to see you here soon. You guys have a lot to add to this place.

McClintic Sphere
07-17-2005, 10:59 AM

Nice gams, eh?

Lord Helmet
07-17-2005, 11:13 AM

Oh, and don't trust the waitress (as nice as she was) to take the group photo........

That's a perfect picture, but it's pretty blurry, if you have some more, POST 'EM! :devil:

Hicks
07-17-2005, 11:22 AM

Even in the blurriness I can tell you ducked out of the picture behind believe_in_blue... :-p

The good news is, we had I believe 4 (or 3?) group photos taken, so hopefully at least one turned out. We even have video. :eek2:

BBALL56HACKER
07-17-2005, 11:41 AM
This bball56hacker joining in. Thanks for letting us 2 `LURKERS' join the party. Hope to have some good comments about PACERS. Such as signing SARA -trading A.J./POLLARD /and even F.JONES in the right deal. Voting for J.B. to make allstar team this year(lol).

Vicious Tyrant
07-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I've got a nice photo of Rat hitting on the waitress, but I don't know how to post it. :blush:

Vicious Tyrant
07-17-2005, 11:54 AM
By the way Harmonica - I don't think we met - did anyone get a pic????

BigMac
07-17-2005, 12:21 PM

It's the owner's wife.

Shade
07-17-2005, 12:39 PM
By the way Harmonica - I don't think we met - did anyone get a pic????

Nah, Harm strategically hid in the party area as the group pics were taken. :tongue: ;)

MagicRat
07-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I've got a nice photo of Rat hitting on the waitress, but I don't know how to post it. :blush:

That must be Tyrant-ese for "Ordering a beer"........

cramerica
07-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Pictures?

Los Angeles
07-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Seems I am an embarrassment to my teenagers.

That's hilarious. :)

You should keep in mind that as a father, you are automatically an embarassment to your teenagers. That's just how it works.

foretaz
07-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Pictures?

i do find it interesting and somewhat funny that all these pictures were talked about and only one very blurry one has been posted .....

not that i would be jumping at the chance to put my picture on the net, but based on talks prior to the party i woulda thought the site wouldve been deluged with pics by this time...

Unclebuck
07-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I arrived a little after 6:15, and the party was still set-up in a way that the large group crowded around the main table was conversing while the rest of us were on the sidelines. Fine by me, it's easier for me to queitly ridicule all your comments if no one can hear me.

Oh I heard you.

I only have a few seconds. The highlight of the night was meeting the new guys.

Alabama - might be the nicest guy you will ever meet.

Skaut Ech - Seems like someone who you could have a one-on-one conversation with for several hours and never get bored.

Believe_in_blue - Stuck it out until the end, through car trouble and several phone calls

Gamble - Great to meet you and I would expect you'll be a regular at these things.

Harmonica - I found him to be facinating.

Overall, the party seemed a little different to me. Sure we hit on most of the Pacers topics, but I know there was a lot less Pacers talk then at any previous forum party I've been to. And I think I know why. Because of last season there really isn't that much to talk about. We have exhausted every Artest topic we could, Brad Miller is a dying topic. Backup point guard and Bender were the most talked about topics and that really was not that exciting. There really is not that much new to talk about. Things really have not changed from 12 months ago, we really don't know anything more about this team than we did 12 months ago.

Still a great time and I had no idea we got as much rain as we did until I got home and found the front yard under water and the basement flooded.

I know I'm getting old when I start zoning out at about 11:30, but I stuck it out until 1:00 when everyone else left, but I was no use after about 11:30

Hicks
07-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Vicious Tyrant and believe_in_blue, PM me and we'll start setting up the pictures/vids.

hoopsforlife
07-17-2005, 04:38 PM

Do you know whether the waitress was drinking on the job? That picture is so blurry. :)

Maybe thats how she saw us.

Actually I thought she was very nice and extremely competent in her work. We all had a great time as has been noted by others who attended last night. Everyone who has not been to one of the these should make plans to go sometime.

Pizza Guy and I were going to go to Perkins but seemed to have gotten on the wrong road and wound up on Interstate 465. Since it was 9:30 already we just came home.

Thanks to everyone who helps with this board and sets up the Forum parties.
It's a real enjoyable experience to attend these.

Hoopsforlife

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 05:24 PM
BTW Gamble...shouldn't you be out looking for a job or something? (I'm amazed, I got outta there without paying for his beer). And if I were a newlywed, I'd be staying home on a Sat nite instead of spending time with a bunch of drunken Pacer fans (read that as NO LIFE). Guys, Gambles new bride is quite beautiful, what's even more suprising is she's a she...always wondered about that boy.

Oh, we met her at Perkins. UB was so smitten he started following them out to their car. :blush:

Vicious Tyrant
07-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Hicks, I just sent you a PM.

A lot of the photos ended up kind of grainy and out of focus due to the lighting, but there are lots of good ones, too. Including a nice fetish photo of Btown covering his bare feet with his lithe hands, one of M Sphere's nostrils, and one of Tim looking stoned out of his gourd. I'm sure you're all holding your breath til they get up.

McClintic Sphere
07-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Hicks, I just sent you a PM.

A lot of the photos ended up kind of grainy and out of focus due to the lighting, but there are lots of good ones, too. Including a nice fetish photo of Btown covering his bare feet with his lithe hands, one of M Sphere's nostrils, and one of Tim looking stoned out of his gourd. I'm sure you're all holding your breath til they get up.

That's really good news. I was going to have my nostrils examined by a physician, but now I can just do it myself online.
BTW, what provoked the avatar change, was the previuos one not tyrannical enough?

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 06:34 PM
BTW, what provoked the avatar change, was the previuos one not tyrannical enough?

Peck talked him into changing it back. I should have jumped up and said, "No, don't get rid of Brain!"

Hicks
07-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Here come the pictures...

Hicks
07-17-2005, 07:42 PM
These are the pictures I've received from Alabama-Redneck, including a very sharp version of the group photo.

There just wasn't room for tables once everyone arrived (not everyone is even pictured here)
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_009.jpg

Diamond Dave finds amusement in believe_in_blue and myself falling asleep.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_010.jpg

Kegboy in disbelief.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_011.jpg

Peck once again led the flock.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_012.jpg

I got lectured about the greatness of the Chicago Bulls.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_013.jpg

Doug worries about the Mayor's health.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_014.jpg

Shade continues to make some of us feel uncomfortable :fatbanana:
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_015.jpg

Apparently I have a subconcious lust for beer...
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_016.jpg

You can just tell something anti-Dale was said here.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_017.jpg

The hunter becomes the hunted. :devil:
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_018.jpg

Tim is still with us. ;)
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_019.jpg

Group photo.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_020.jpg

PacerNthaDesert
07-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Looks like you guys had fun, good deal. :)

BTW nice captions

McClintic Sphere
07-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Was there some conspiratorial whispering,"Hey, let's wait until McClintic and Vicious Tyrant go for a smoke to take the group photo?" Now how am I going to prove to my wife I was actually there? Oh, well, good to see everybody I met last night.

Tim
07-17-2005, 08:24 PM
LOL!

cramerica
07-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Can we get some names on the group photo if possible? I recognize some from previous photos from last year, but I don't know most. Thanks.

hoopsforlife
07-17-2005, 08:28 PM
In no particular order here are most.

Alabama-Redneck & guest
Believe_in_blue
Btowncolt
Diamond Dave
Doug
Gamble
Harmonica
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy Geezer
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
McClintic Sphere
Mrs. RWB
Peck
Pizza Guy
RWB
Roaming Gnome
Shade
Skaut Ech
Tim
Uncle Buck
Vicious Tyrant

just kidding :)

Believe_in_blue
07-17-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm the one in the grey shirt standing by magic rat and the waitress.

At first I was a little hesitant to come, but once I met everybody I really felt at home. These are all great people and those of you who didn't come need to make the next one.I need to give out a huge thank you to Roaming Gnome, Hoops for life, and Pizza Guy for helping me get my car jumpstarted. It was great meeting all of you and I'm looking foward to the next party.

Btw, I will get my pics and vids on here as soon as I can.

hoopsforlife
07-17-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm the one in the black hat and my son, Pizza Guy, is number 31.

Your welcome, Believe in Blue. I was wondering if you made it home OK.

foretaz
07-17-2005, 08:36 PM
i now see why rat was so interested in "ordering a beer"....

and she even has a golf visor on....hmmmmm

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 08:48 PM
You can just tell something anti-Dale was said here.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/alabama_redneck/7-16-05_017.jpg

No, he's pointing at me, it's just my turn to answer a question. He got that look every time, as if to say, "Okay, let's see what dip**** has to say." :chuckle:

Mr. Pink
07-17-2005, 09:52 PM
If that waitress is there next year...I'm for sure there. Owner's wife, eh? muwahahahha

MarionDeputy
07-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I was actually working 2 beats away from the Castleton area, I snuck over twice and actually made it into the parking lot once, before getting called away for my 3rd "check a vehicle in the water run". Sorry I missed out, maybe next year.....

Stryder
07-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Dude, I've got to get to one of these gatherings some day.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Lord Helmet
07-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I need to know who everyone is. Which one's Shade?

Hicks
07-17-2005, 11:32 PM

Starting on the left:

Peck, Doug, then down and closer sitting is Alabama-Redneck, then back up to his guest, who I did not get to meet, then continuing right is Uncle Buck in the glasses, followed by Shade, indygeezer had the orange hat, in front of him is his nephew Gamble, front and center on one knee is Tim, followed behind him by Diamond Dave, then standing in the back is believe_in_blue (With MagicRat hiding behind him), then me, then back down to a kneeling Roaming Gnome, back up to Kegboy in the maroon shirt, then Skaut_Ech, then down in the Reggie jersey is Pizza Guy, then behind him is his father, Hoopsforlife, then ending with Jose Slaughter, and of course the random toddler who walked into frame. :D

FireTheCoach
07-17-2005, 11:38 PM
well, too bad I couldn't make it to this one. I was in California on vacation with the wife and kids.

Having 27 people turn out is amazing considering that only about 5 of us were getting together when this all started.

Suaveness
07-17-2005, 11:40 PM
If there is one Christmas time, and again next summer, I should definitely be able to make it. Well hopefully.

sweabs
07-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Thanks, Hicks.

I find it hillarious that MagicRat is hiding in the back. I didn't even know someone was ducking there.

If you guys ever decide to do one of these in March during my break I'll be there ;)

Gamble
07-17-2005, 11:55 PM
What a shock tho to walk in and the very first person you see is a nephew.

Well it is a freaky thing seeing the indygeezer as an uncle. My God i didn't
even know he was a Pacer fan. Colt fan yes but not a Pacer fan.
In anycase i wish i did hit him up for my beer, and as far as Hicks, why where
you looking at me and my beer? The party was great and i must apoligize
for running out on my tab at Perkins. Shade i owe you yet again.

SoupIsGood
07-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Maybe this is odd, but I noticed that you guys ALL have short hair cuts.

I thought there would be at least one hippie in there. :laugh:

Who's in the brown?

SycamoreKen
07-18-2005, 12:19 AM

After seeing the clear pics, it is obvious she knew this would end up on the internet and felt sorry for all of you. :arrgh:

In truth though, it sounds like another grand gathering. I too will make it to one of these get togethers one day. :bunny:

Lord Helmet
07-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Wait, which one's Shade?

Jose Slaughter
07-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Maybe this is odd, but I noticed that you guys ALL have short hair cuts.

I thought there would be at least one hippie in there. :laugh:

Who's in the brown?

In that picture there are a several people not in the group photo.

The gentlemen in the brown shirt is Btown Colt

In the very back booth is Mrs. RWB & just to the left of the Austin Powers poster is RWB.

SoupIsGood
07-18-2005, 01:17 AM
In one picture there is a man filling that black chair by Btown.

I don't know why, but that guy really looks like a viscous tryant to me.

NZPacer
07-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Just wondering, do you guys call each other by your Pacers Digest names, or your actual names at these parties?

GO!!!!!
07-18-2005, 02:17 AM
I think they use nicknames made up on this board like

Hicks is Tiddley Winks

Jose is Boss Hogg

Peck is Slogger

Doug is Ibot

cramerica
07-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Did nobody invite sassan?

Suaveness
07-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Just wondering, do you guys call each other by your Pacers Digest names, or your actual names at these parties?

PD names, its a lot less complicated this way

Though sometimes PD names are the same as actual names

Jose Slaughter
07-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Did nobody invite sassan?

Everyone is invited.

As long as they are able to sign on & understand there is a party, they are welcome to attend.

PacerNthaDesert
07-18-2005, 03:02 AM
I'd love to see Foretaz and kstat at one of these. I could listen to those guys argue for hours. :cool:

How many of these gatherings have y'all had?

cramerica
07-18-2005, 03:48 AM
Looks like you guys had a good time...next year you'll have to have it out west. ;)

Jose Slaughter
07-18-2005, 04:33 AM
How many of these gatherings have y'all had?

This was #8

RWB
07-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Thank you Jose for once again arranging this. Believe me, everyone who attends really appreciates the effort you put forth for us. Peck needs to be a producer on TNT or ESPN because the way he keeps things going for the party the man just has unbelievable people skills. Don't blush but sir you are the MVP at the get togethers and help put a smile on everyone's face.

Geezer my friend, I am so happy you made it. Was kind of worried there for awhile.

Hoops and Pizza Guy it was really nice meeting you.

As already mentioned by Jose two forumites who have never previously posted made it to the party so there is NO reason for others to ever feel they're not welcome. In other words what a GREAT group of people who attend these parties and I look forward to the next one when we can all celebrate the championship. ;)

P.S. Thanks to Jose and Magic Rat for the Reggie poster. Put a very big smile on Mrs.RWB.

3ptmiller
07-18-2005, 09:43 AM

Starting on the left:

Peck, Doug, then down and closer sitting is Alabama-Redneck, then back up to his guest, who I did not get to meet, then continuing right is Uncle Buck in the glasses, followed by Shade, indygeezer had the orange hat, in front of him is his nephew Gamble, front and center on one knee is Tim, followed behind him by Diamond Dave, then standing in the back is believe_in_blue (With MagicRat hiding behind him), then me, then back down to a kneeling Roaming Gnome, back up to Kegboy in the maroon shirt, then Skaut_Ech, then down in the Reggie jersey is Pizza Guy, then behind him is his father, Hoopsforlife, then ending with Jose Slaughter, and of course the random toddler who walked into frame. :D

Great that i finally get to see how u Studs look like! :) Sorry I could not make it, i tryed tho.. i swimmed past the Atlantic ocean and was so near to new york but then some sharks hunted me and i had to swim back :(

Unclebuck
07-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I thought one of the funnier moments was right in the middle of the discussion when everyone was there and it was pretty hectic. Peck did his best to keep things moving, but there was a group off to the side who could not hear what was going on. Anyway, the question was who is really running the Pacers Bird or Walsh. After about 20 people had put in their two cents, Peck asked Magicrat, what he thought, "Bird or Walsh" and Rat's reply was, "I like um" The timing of it was perfect.

I don't know if he did not hear the question or if he was trying to be funny. Either way it was funny

ChicagoJ
07-18-2005, 11:46 AM
One of these days, I'll be able to make it.

Glad y'all had fun.

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Sorry I got on here so late, the internet was down for a while.

I had a great time. Thanks to Jose for all his work. These things are a phenomenon in that at no other time could I walk into a room filled with 25 guys I don't know and yet know each and everyone of them.

I had a great time talking with Doug, Kegboy, MR, Scott H, Hicks, Hoops for life, Pizza guy, RWB, Mrs. RWB, Roaming Gnome, and everyone. I've got to find a way to make it to the one in November (barring college).

Some of those pictures were priceless.

Vicious Tyrant
07-18-2005, 12:31 PM
I just sent Hicks my photos - hope your mailbox doesn't crash. The photos aren't great, but that's what you get for free! At least you'll be able to see some of the posters. I missed out on some, but I'm sure others got them.

Hey - guy who came in late with the great black plastic glasses - who are you? I missed your name and only got two photos of you, both of which have your hand in front of your face.

Some of my impressions:

Magic Rat (as you've heard) was much quieter than I expected. I was thinking Jay, but I got more Silent Bob. Nice guy though, even if I couldn't keep him from hitting on Heather the waitress. He gave me a great "Got Milk" poster of Jeff Foster, which was both funny and appropriate just like I would expect.

McClintock Sphere and I had a great conversation even though we missed out on the group photo. I hope we have a chance to meet again. He seems like a real, honest intellectual and I'll be looking forward to reading more from him.

Alabama-Redneck was a real gentleman and fun to talk to, also. He gave me some fishing tips, which I'll try next time I'm in Alabama. After all he's been through, it was a delight to see him. I never posted anything in the thread about his wife b/c I got to it so late, but he's clearly a very strong person and from hearing about his family he and his wife have so much to be proud of. I also spent some time talking with his friend, but I didn't catch the name. Nice guy too. These guys seem to really be enjoying their retirement.

Geezer was horrible!!!! What a crab!!!! He was mean, possibly violent and clearly alcoholic. (Happy now, Geez?) I told him he was responsible for introducing me to Manhattans, which I appreciated. OK, OK, really, he's much sweeter and fun than you MIGHT guess.

Hicks is a nice guy, but always so much quieter than I expect. I always thought he'd be kind of a firebrand type, but he mostly listens and offers quiet, well thought out responses.

Scott H is just like I wish more po-po were. Quietly strong and purposeful. He makes good points and carries a strong presence, but without all the bluster some in his profession have. I know he's a great cop and Carmel is lucky to have him.

Believe in Blue is a really nice guy. I only got to talk with him for a few minutes, and I wish him best of luck in his studies.

Tim strikes me as a pretty intense guy, which is funny b/c my photo of him makes him look real mellow and stoned. He clearly has strong opinions and is politely forth right about expressing them. I can see why the "suicide attempt" must have seemed so funny since he seems like things could get to him (maybe?)

Peck is a riot, directing the whole freakin' meeting. I hope you enjoy that Peck, it looks stressful to me!

Diamond Dave and I found a few minutes to talk and I enjoyed him a good deal. He seems really laid back and funny.

Btown seems like a pretty cynical guy, but much more likable and approachable than I expected. Obviously, he's really funny, but I expected him to have more "edge". He's easy to talk to and has a great sense of humore. Good luck out in DC.

I only talked to Gamble for a couple minutes, but he's going to be a real good addition to the board. I look forward to hearing more from him. Lot of Colts opinions, too. Watch out for the Texans!

I didn't get much chance to talk individually with most of the others, but I enjoy hearing them all talk Pacers. I found a kindred soul in Rat who had few opinions about the Pacers, but enjoys the other stuff - at least that's what I took from talking with him.

Peck and Hoops for Life had their sons there, which I thought was totally cool. In fact I was inspired to start a Fathers thread in the Shout Box sometime soon. What a neat thing to see.

Well, I could say more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks everyone (Jose in particular) for a fun night! Watch for fetish shots of Btown's feet coming to a filthy space-alien porn website soon (the shot of Gamble's toes didn't come out :( )!

Hicks
07-18-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm uploading them now, VT.

Your camera really turns people into Terminators.

Vicious Tyrant
07-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah, sorry about all that red eye. If I had time, I would have gone through and corrected it all on the photo editor. I figured people would be understanding, though. I suppose it was something to do with the lighting b/c that doesn't usually happen.

dannyboy
07-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Sounds like you fellas had a blast.

It's pretty cool to put faces with some of the names that I always look forward seeing on here.

Also....

Watch out for the Texans!
:nod: Now that's what I'M talkin bout.

(Unless you were being sarcastic.):cool:

Will Galen
07-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Anybody looking for the pictures Hicks uploaded. They are up above.

Thanks for the pictures everyone!

Hicks
07-18-2005, 01:18 PM
There are so many pictures this time, I'm just going to link to the folder they're in.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/vicious_tyrant/

McClintic Sphere
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I just sent Hicks my photos - hope your mailbox

McClintock Sphere and I had a great conversation even though we missed out on the group photo. I hope we have a chance to meet again. He seems like a real, honest intellectual and I'll be looking forward to reading more from him.
( )!

Oh, God, you've stuck me with the dreaded I-word. How will I ever live it down? (I bull**** real well on 4 beers!) Anyway, it was fun to talk to somebody else suffering from PET (post-evangelical trauma)
Hey do they still have that great ice cream shop at Taylor, Ivanhoe's? That was the only way my parents ever got me to visit my siblings there. Great talking with you and looking forward to seeing that picture of my nostril. Also, what were those funky cigs you were smoking?

Hicks
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Anybody looking for the pictures Hicks uploaded. They are up above.

Thanks for the pictures everyone!

Actually, those are OTHER pictures from the party; I think there were 4 cameras.

ChicagoJ
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
MagicRat is hoping nobody else at home checks that page.

:laugh:

ChicagoJ
07-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh, God, you've stuck me with the dreaded I-word. How will I ever live it down? (I bull**** real well on 4 beers!) Anyway, it was fun to talk to somebody else suffering from PET (post-evangelical trauma)
Hey do they still have that great ice cream shop at Taylor, Ivanhoe's? That was the only way my parents ever got me to visit my siblings there. Great talking with you and looking forward to seeing that picture of my nostril. Also, what were those funky cigs you were smoking?

YESSS!!! More Taylor U. references!

Tim
07-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Once again the forum party was great, had a nice time and met a lot of nice people.

Looking foward to next party.

Shade
07-18-2005, 02:09 PM
For the record, the "unknown" is Harmonica. You thought you had avoided all the cameras, bp, but never underestimate the persistence of the PD camera crew. :devil: ;)

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 02:15 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/vicious_tyrant/Tim_make_a_point.jpg

This has got to be the point in time in which I proposed the Artest for Paul Pierce trade. I mean Shade is about to lynch me, and just look at the demon possessing Uncle Buck. :laugh:

MagicRat
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
MagicRat is hoping nobody else at home checks that page.

Bah! I'm trying so hard to lean away that I gave myself 6 chins......

Hicks
07-18-2005, 03:49 PM
From Tim's signature:

"The little girl was just plain annoying, I wanted her to die." - UncleBuck July, 2005.

:laugh: WHAT? I must have missed that conversation.

Doug
07-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I keep thinking I need to remember to take my camera to one of these things, but I see we have it covered pretty well.

As always, the party was a lot fun. It was great to meet everyone I hadn't met before (especially Scott), and to see all my old friends again.

Sorry I had to drop out before Perkins, but such are the trade-offs that have to be made sometimes.

Diamond Dave
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
From Tim's signature:

"The little girl was just plain annoying, I wanted her to die." - UncleBuck July, 2005.

That was an immortal line delivered from UB's War of the Worlds review. :laugh:

foretaz
07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
That was an immortal line delivered from UB's War of the Worlds review. :laugh:

DD....i like ur avatar....that looks like it could be from the 1984 van halen tour...at least the set behind him looks that way....a great, great show....;)

Doug
07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh, and one highlight was learning what's Hicks' favorite thing in the whole world is.

Hicks
07-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh, and one highlight was learning what's Hicks' favorite thing in the whole world is.

*edit* Oh I remember now. :chuckle:

Unclebuck
07-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Gamble, you get the quote of the night award. "He's going to die" How can anyone top that. Certainly the most memorable quote of the night.

Peck
07-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry this has taken so long for me to get to, but I've had trouble with my internet at home & I had a meeting at work that kept me busy.

Let me start off by apologizing to everybody there. I was off my game. I was off my game bad. The previous day had just been hectic & to be honest I was fatigued & rattled a little when I got there. I just did not have the questions lined up like I would have liked to have done. I promise the next time I will get my act together in advance.

Let me state the thrill of the night for me was meeting Scott H. in person. I have worshipped at the alter of my brother core team member for longer than I can remember but that was the first time I have ever had the pleasure to meet him face to face. I always felt kind of dumb telling people I had a good friend who worked for I.P.D. when I had never actually met him. I giggled like a little school girl when I asked who it was at the end of the table & he said Scott. I had to give him a hug. Needless to say he is every bit as articulate and entertaining in person as he is online. Now if we can just get him to change his reading habbits ;) . Again, a thrill.

Man there were a ton of people at this one. It was so big that to be honest we out grew our little section of the Pizza king.

This says something about this forum. Back in the day it was just a few of us who got together & would talk for hours on end, now there were so many that we really had to have two sets of groups & I did not get to spend nearly enough time with people.

It was great to be able to meet Alabama-Redneck. This is a true & decent human being, I mean that. We talked for a good long while & I'm pretty sure not once did we even talk about the Pacers.

Actually as U.B. stated in his review, the Pacers didn't dominate this party like they have every other, which was ok for this group.

It was funny to see IndyGeezer come in & see his nephew (Gamble) & neither know the other was going to be there.

I know this is going to sound corny but when we get together it really is much more like family than it is about a group of guys who don't even know each other.

I'm not even going to try & do a recap on peoples thoughts on this team other than to say that Btown, Scott, Diamond Dave & myself have lower expectations than most of the others. Yes I did make that Chicago Bulls statement.

It was great to see everybody again & I hope to be able to spend more time next time.

BillS
07-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Wish I could have been there!

Someday we'll manage to have that informal gathering at the Thanksgiving game...

indygeezer
07-18-2005, 08:05 PM
Sorry this has taken so long for me to get to, but I've had trouble with my internet at home & I had a meeting at work that kept me busy.

Let me start off by apologizing to everybody there. I was off my game. I was off my game bad. The previous day had just been hectic & to be honest I was fatigued & rattled a little when I got there. I just did not have the questions lined up like I would have liked to have done. I promise the next time I will get my act together in advance.

Let me state the thrill of the night for me was meeting Scott H. in person. I have worshipped at the alter of my brother core team member for longer than I can remember but that was the first time I have ever had the pleasure to meet him face to face. I always felt kind of dumb telling people I had a good friend who worked for I.P.D. when I had never actually met him. I giggled like a little school girl when I asked who it was at the end of the table & he said Scott. I had to give him a hug. Needless to say he is every bit as articulate and entertaining in person as he is online. Now if we can just get him to change his reading habbits ;) . Again, a thrill.

Man there were a ton of people at this one. It was so big that to be honest we out grew our little section of the Pizza king.

This says something about this forum. Back in the day it was just a few of us who got together & would talk for hours on end, now there were so many that we really had to have two sets of groups & I did not get to spend nearly enough time with people.

It was great to be able to meet Alabama-Redneck. This is a true & decent human being, I mean that. We talked for a good long while & I'm pretty sure not once did we even talk about the Pacers.

Actually as U.B. stated in his review, the Pacers didn't dominate this party like they have every other, which was ok for this group.

It was funny to see IndyGeezer come in & see his nephew (Gamble) & neither know the other was going to be there.

I know this is going to sound corny but when we get together it really is much more like family than it is about a group of guys who don't even know each other.

I'm not even going to try & do a recap on peoples thoughts on this team other than to say that Btown, Scott, Diamond Dave & myself have lower expectations than most of the others. Yes I did make that Chicago Bulls statement.

It was great to see everybody again & I hope to be able to spend more time next time.]

It was good to meet you Peck, I woulda liked to have spent more time talking to ya...but when realtives are in the area I gotta keep an eye on my wallet.

and yes, lemme re-iterate my thought...I think this team MIGHT make it to the 2nd round.

abington
07-18-2005, 10:11 PM
am i the only one that thinks Rat and Rick Carlisle could be brothers?

Unclebuck
07-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Peck, I did not notice you being off your game at all.

More than anything, the forum parties have changed because of the number of people attending (which is great, the more the better) but it has become more of a "party" and less of a group Pacers discussion. It is really not possible to have 25 people sitting in one area and discuss Pacer topics as one group.

Please, no one take this as being critical at all, next forum party I hope there are 50 people there. But I think we need to think of new ways to organize the discussions. We may have outgrown Pizza King. I don't know. An idea off the top of my head - we could have several tables set up and we more of less rotate from table to table. Just a thought

Skaut_Ech
07-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Okay, I know some of you are sitting on some more pictures. And you can't tell me no one snuck a pic of the waitress's cute butt? Not that I was looking or anything....whats that honey? I know I didn't do the dishes yet. I writing to my forum buddies, it can wait. Huh? I'm going to have to wait for what if I don't do the dishes? Erp! Gotta go.....

Hicks
07-18-2005, 11:18 PM
My mom pointed out to me that Shade looks remarkably like Jeff Foster (similar faces).

Believe_in_blue has photos that I'm still waiting on. Perhaps even video.

Shade
07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
My mom pointed out to me that Shade looks remarkably like Jeff Foster (similar faces).

Believe_in_blue has photos that I'm still waiting on. Perhaps even video.

The really funny thing about that is, I have been told on more than one occasion that I play like Jeff Foster as well. Gamble can vouch for this. :uhoh:

Kegboy
07-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Okay, I know some of you are sitting on some more pictures. And you can't tell me no one snuck a pic of the waitress's cute butt? Not that I was looking or anything....whats that honey? I know I didn't do the dishes yet. I writing to my forum buddies, it can wait. Huh? I'm going to have to wait for what if I don't do the dishes? Erp! Gotta go.....

As has been said before, very nice legs.

Doug
07-19-2005, 12:07 AM
But I think we need to think of new ways to organize the discussions. We may have outgrown Pizza King. I don't know. An idea off the top of my head - we could have several tables set up and we more of less rotate from table to table. Just a thought

Focus Groups! I can just see Peck going from table to table, reading tasks from index cards.

"Table 1. Find ways we can improve our rebounding, using only the players we have."

"Table 2. Managing Ron Artest. We need ways to keep this nutjob under control. Innovate, people, innovate!"

"Table 3. I need 15 PowerPoint slides detailing why we should have signed Brad Miller."

"Table 4. Build a life-sized bust of Dale Davis, using only napkins and spit."

This was much funnier in my head than when I typed it out. But I posted it anyway. Sometimes better judgement doesn't always win.

Kegboy
07-19-2005, 12:07 AM
am i the only one that thinks Rat and Rick Carlisle could be brothers?

After last summer's party, everybody fawned over Rat's good looks, comparing him to either a fireman, a bodybuilder, or Rick Carlisle.

In fact, I think it was UB who made the Rick Carlisle comment. Which means that while most of us think in more traditional modes of masculine verility, Buck thinks of a basketball coach. :disturbed: :cool:

foretaz
07-19-2005, 12:09 AM
After last summer's party, everybody fawned over Rat's good looks, comparing him to either a fireman, a bodybuilder, or Rick Carlisle.

In fact, I think it was UB who made the Rick Carlisle comment. Which means that while most of us think in more traditional modes of masculine verility, Buck thinks of a basketball coach. :disturbed: :cool:

so does this mean rat is related to jim carey then?

Kegboy
07-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Focus Groups! I can just see Peck going from table to table, reading tasks from index cards.

"Table 1. Find ways we can improve our rebounding, using only the players we have."

"Table 2. Managing Ron Artest. We need ways to keep this nutjob under control. Innovate, people, innovate!"

"Table 3. I need 15 PowerPoint slides detailing why we should have signed Brad Miller."

As long as I get a blackboard to diagram plays, I'm game.

Suaveness
07-19-2005, 12:10 AM

This was much funnier in my head than when I typed it out. But I posted it anyway. Sometimes better judgement doesn't always win.

:laugh: He should definitely do that. I'd like to see whether he could last the night though

indygeezer
07-19-2005, 12:28 AM

Skaut! You keep yer eyes off MY WAITRESS!!!!

Suaveness
07-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Skaut! You keep yer eyes off MY WAITRESS!!!!

Hey now! You can't just take every woman in the world Geez! You got Rai, you got the waitress....pick one! (and I'll help you, Rai is MINE)

indygeezer
07-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey now! You can't just take every woman in the world Geez! You got Rai, you got the waitress....pick one! (and I'll help you, Rai is MINE)

Son, didja ever hear the story about the two bulls......

Suaveness
07-19-2005, 02:01 AM

:laugh: No, you'll have to tell me

MagicRat
07-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Are you ready, kids?
I can't heeeaaar yooouuu!
Oh, who carries a purse and takes pictures of men's feet?
Vicious Tyrant!
Scooter-riding and goateed and tall is he!
Vicious Tyrant!
If being a milk-drinker's not your life's station
Vicious Tyrant!
Then go down to Bloomington to serve your probation!
Vicious Tyrant!

Ready?
Vicious Tyrant
Vicious Tyrant
Vicious Tyrant
Vicious Tyraaaaaaaaaant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/tyrant1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/tyrant2.jpg

SycamoreKen
07-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Why do I get the feeling that Rat is just getting started with those pics?

MagicRat
07-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Why do I get the feeling that Rat is just getting started with those pics?

Nah. I just thought we needed more pictures of VT.......

McClintic Sphere
07-19-2005, 07:11 AM
See, I just knew VT was a milk-guzzler, and now it's been confirmed on film. Fat Free even. Good job, Magic Rat with the documenatary evidence!

Unclebuck
07-19-2005, 08:23 AM

No that was pretty funny.

Vicious Tyrant
07-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Are you ready, kids?
I can't heeeaaar yooouuu!
Oh, who carries a purse and takes pictures of men's feet?
Vicious Tyrant!
Scooter-riding and goateed and tall is he!
Vicious Tyrant!
If being a milk-drinker's not your life's station
Vicious Tyrant!
Then go down to Bloomington to serve your probation!
Vicious Tyrant!

Ready?
Vicious Tyrant
Vicious Tyrant
Vicious Tyrant
Vicious Tyraaaaaaaaaant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that may be the most touching tribute, nay the only tribute, I have ever received.

:cry:

I'd like to thank all those who made this possible.......

Tim
07-19-2005, 05:42 PM
From Tim's signature:

Yeah UB really said it too. He was talking about a movie. I read what he said just before going to the movie and UB hit it right on the head, she was annoying.

indygeezer
07-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah UB really said it too. He was talking about a movie. I read what he said just before going to the movie and UB hit it right on the head, she was annoying.

Musta been War of the Worlds, that's the only show I've seen lately with an annoying little girl in it.

Skaut_Ech
07-19-2005, 07:39 PM

I think that's a story only guys over a certain age, and I'm definitely in that group, know and appreciate. :devil:;) Here's to a nice slow saunter.