PDA

View Full Version : Stoudamire in discussions with Cleveland?

Young
07-16-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36665/20050716/stoudamire_in_discussions_with_cleveland/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akron Plain-Dealer - The Cavs' search for a starting point guard now includes free agent Damon Stoudamire.

Aaron Goodwin, Stoudamire's agent, said Friday that he and the Cavs have had conversations about his client. Stoudamire averaged 15.8 points and 5.7 rebounds for Portland last season.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Cleveland signs him I wonder if they still will pursure Saras.

Jon Theodore
07-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Seems more likely for Stoudamire to end up a Pacer. I mean, I hope we get Saras instead of a pothead like Damon.

I bet Saras and Artest would be best friends.

BeastoftheEast
07-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Mighty Mouse wants mighty money if cleveland gets him they wont have anymoney left 4 jasikevicius will they?

Los Angeles
07-17-2005, 02:24 PM
I hate it when two different guys in the league have the same last name.

EDIT: As of the draft, there are 3 Stouds : Damon, Amare, and Salim.

foretaz
07-17-2005, 02:28 PM
well they do sound the same, but...

amare is mr. stoudemire

and damon is mr. stoudamire....

;)

Jermaniac
07-17-2005, 02:30 PM
"When Ferry got an agreement from Lithuanian guard Sarunas Jasekevicius, he made the Cavs one of the top three teams in the East."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/mmonroe/stories/MYSA071705.5C.COL.BKNmonroe.12ab808.html

Article says they signed Sarunas. I'm not mad one bit, I'm glad we didnt use up all our damn MLE on a guy who hasnt played a minute in the NBA. Now use the MLE, sign DD and JJ. And use the part thats left to sign some FA.

Isaac
07-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm sad we aren't gonna get Saras, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I think we are title contenders with him or without him when healthy. I wouldn't mind seeing Mighty Mouse here to be honest.

Bball
07-17-2005, 02:34 PM
I hate it when two different guys in the league have the same last name.

EDIT: As of the draft, there are 3 Stouds : Damon, Amare, and Salim.

You mean like Reggie Miller and Brad Miller? :devil:

-Bball

SoupIsGood
07-17-2005, 02:35 PM
"When Ferry got an agreement from Lithuanian guard Sarunas Jasekevicius, he made the Cavs one of the top three teams in the East."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/mmonroe/stories/MYSA071705.5C.COL.BKNmonroe.12ab808.html

Article says they signed Sarunas. I'm not mad one bit, I'm glad we didnt use up all our damn MLE on a guy who hasnt played a minute in the NBA. Now use the MLE, sign DD and JJ. And use the part thats left to sign some FA.

I'm pretty sure that guy is mistaken, no one else has reported this.

That, or he just let the cat out of the bag way too soon. I think he's made an error though.

foretaz
07-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm sad we aren't gonna get Saras, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I think we are title contenders with him or without him when healthy. I wouldn't mind seeing Mighty Mouse here to be honest.

we had a mighty mouse clone here a few years ago....travis best....while i always liked travis, i dont think thats the case with the majority of fans...i remember going to games with my best friend, who like many, couldnt stand travis...

hey....lets face it...very few players, if any, are loved by everyone...considering travis played at NJ last year for a million and eddie gill made 3/4 of that....id love to have travis over eddie, though i know travis has zero interest in being the 3rd point guard on a team, as hes far better than that...

Los Angeles
07-17-2005, 02:38 PM

-Bball
Obviously Pacer fans couldn't tell those guys apart. Remember the "R. Miller" and "B. Miller" uniforms?

foretaz
07-17-2005, 02:38 PM

That, or he just let the cat out of the bag way too soon. I think he's made an error though.

yea...i agree....i read that article earlier....call me crazy, but that article just doesnt come across very credible at all....way too much opinion in there as well as the guy is all up in ferry's jock...

able
07-17-2005, 02:46 PM

In the same article he writes that the Bucks are overpaying Gadzuric, who until now only recevied a qualifying offer, and that is according to the bucks site

He is just writing to do something and look interesting.

oh and the cavs are now one of the 3 best teams in the east ?

lemme see, Pistons, Heat, Cavs ? is that how he sees it ?

man will he be in for a rough ride.

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 05:08 PM

-Bball

Or Fred Jones and James Jones?

FiestyFosterFanatic
07-17-2005, 05:11 PM
we had a mighty mouse clone here a few years ago....travis best....while i always liked travis, i dont think thats the case with the majority of fans...i remember going to games with my best friend, who like many, couldnt stand travis...

hey....lets face it...very few players, if any, are loved by everyone...considering travis played at NJ last year for a million and eddie gill made 3/4 of that....id love to have travis over eddie, though i know travis has zero interest in being the 3rd point guard on a team, as hes far better than that...

You mean Travis Worst?

Gamble
07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Its a shame Sars really has no clue of how it works over here. He
is going to have a hard time seeing what a mistake this is..
He'll have 3 years and the rest of his life to regret it..

Jaydawg2270
07-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Obviously Pacer fans couldn't tell those guys apart. Remember the "R. Miller" and "B. Miller" uniforms?
Well one is white and one is black of course you could tell the differnece... I hope