PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson wants to be a Hawk?!

sweabs
07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
gh

Jermaniac
07-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Damn all they do is draft and sign two's and 3's.

sweabs
07-16-2005, 05:12 PM
g

Ultimate Frisbee
07-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Anyone else thinking about Al Harrington?

Jermaniac
07-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I would love Al back here, if he was willing to sit on the bench. But I guess to Al its more important being a star then winning.

foretaz
07-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey foretaz - is this Executive of the Year material?

;)

if they win the most games in the league next year, its quite possible.... :rolleyes:

BigMac
07-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Anyone else thinking about Al Harrington?

I am thinking that if he wants to be a Hawk, Phoenix may want to get Harrington in return for a sign-and-trade?

foretaz
07-16-2005, 08:19 PM
all i can say is billy knight should be executive of the year...he convinced a free agent to WANT to come to atlanta and play....

let alone, leave a very good phoenix team ....wtg BK

Young
07-16-2005, 11:02 PM
If Johnson isn't re-signed Phoenix is screwed royaly. Johnson and Nash complamented each other nicely. Johnson's abilty to handle the ball at 6'8 is literaly almost unreplaceable unless they make a run for Antoine Walker.

As for Atlanta what in the world are they going to do with all of these swingmen? Childress, Smith, Williams and now Joe Johnson? JJ is a point forward, but honestly he is not a true point guard. Maybe he idolized Magic but that sure doesn't make him Magic. Also, 70 million over 5 years? What the heck are they doing? JJ is a good player but at 14 million dollars a season that money should be held on to. If I were the owner of a lottery bound team I sure as hell wouldn't want to play ANY player that type of money, if it was a winning team diffrent story of course.

circlecitysportsfan
07-16-2005, 11:16 PM
I would love Al back here, if he was willing to sit on the bench. But I guess to Al its more important being a star then winning.

Bad part about it, he wasn't even a star.

sweabs
07-16-2005, 11:21 PM
g

Young
07-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I think Joe deserves every penny of that contract. I happen to think he is one of the best shooting guards in the league. He's a great player who has unlimited offensive potential, and is still relatively young as well. I think he's only going to continue to get better and develop into an all-star. Just my opinion.

I understand what you are saying. I am not trying to take anything away from what Joe has done.

But I just don't understand what Atlanta is going to do with him and 3 other swingmen, none of whom can play point guard or center full time, IMHO. Maybe Joe can play PG full time, I don't think he can and I hope i'm wrong if he signs with Atlanta.

I just think it is kind of early in the building period for Atlanta to commit so much to a guy who really isn't a player who can build your team around. But hey maybe they are that confident that Marvin Williams is that player, and it will all work out for them.

sweabs
07-16-2005, 11:34 PM
g

Young
07-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Commodities are never a problem, I suppose.

The Hawks can hoard all these guard/forwards, while they develop into great players and eventually use them for trade bait. Otherwise, I would agree with you; they are not getting guys based on need, but rather on talent.

Good point.

sweabs
07-17-2005, 12:18 AM
h

Eindar
07-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Tinsley + Pollard = Joe Johnson? :P

Cactus Jax
07-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Jackson + Pollard for Joe Johnson?

Again, a cheap alternative for Phoenix and Pollard gives them an extra big body for a season.

Phoenix won't do it because apparently he had a bad experience when he first played in Phoenix.

waxman
07-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Gambo is a "Vescey-light" gossip columnist... New York translplant....he's just a mouthpiece in this situation though.... this is the classic smear campaign that comes from top down (Front Office.... mmm...B. Colangelo....cough) when a team probably won't be able to re-sign a popular free agent.

foretaz
07-17-2005, 03:02 PM
you know it seems like a no brainer that phoenix has to re-sign JJ....but given the owners concern over payroll...given the fact they have locked up rajah bell....and given the fact they could bring finley back....they just might not re-sign jj.....

and i kinda hope they dont...im kinda rooting for BK in atlanta....hes a good guy....

Shade
07-17-2005, 03:07 PM
JJ is about to learn what Al learned the hard way.

Young
07-17-2005, 03:18 PM
JJ is about to learn what Al learned the hard way.

Except JJ will be getting paid atleast twice what Al is.