PDA

View Full Version : Artest, Yea or Nay...Trade for Peja, Yea or Nay...VOTE TWICE

foretaz
07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
alright....since this issue seems to rear its ugly head over and over in far too many threads...two part poll...

first part....do u want artest on the 2005-06 pacers squad....very simple...yea or nay

second part...if u had the opportunity to trade artest straight up to the kings for peja....would u do it?....yea or nay?

maybe we could use this thread for those times we would like to say something on this highly volatile subject instead of hijacking a thread that has very little, if any, to do with it....

comments are welcome with regards to the polls....but not required....

you have the opportunity to vote twice...please do so once for the upcoming team and once for the trade....they are separate issues...

Jermaniac
07-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes I want Artest on this team. No way would I trade for that bum Peja.

waxman
07-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Yea and Nay.... feels like flashbacks from last summer.

foretaz
07-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Yea and Nay.... feels like flashbacks from last summer.

im sure it does....though some may have had a change of heart one way or the other....things have changed in some respects....u know...those that said the brawl was the last straw

sweabs
07-15-2005, 07:01 PM
you have the opportunity to vote twice

Whoa - you surprised me there! Black text!

;)

Jon Theodore
07-15-2005, 07:07 PM
i heard women love a guy who types in purples.

beast23
07-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Ginobli, hmmmm. Peja, no.

foretaz
07-15-2005, 07:15 PM

you heard right ;) ;) :D :D

Will Galen
07-15-2005, 07:20 PM

You heard right. One's in in Cape Town South Africa, and the other is in Madrid Spain.

(giggle, giggle, snort!)

Sollozzo
07-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Ginobli, hmmmm. Peja, no.

Too bad the Spurs would laugh and then hang up on the Pacers if they offered Ron Artest for Manu.

Unclebuck
07-15-2005, 08:22 PM
The interesting thing is if this poll was done last year right now. The pro Peja vote would be much , much higher

Ultimate Frisbee
07-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm shocked... I thought more people wouldn't want Artest on the team...

SoupIsGood
07-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't trade any rotation player on this team for Pookie.

Well, maybe that is a bit extreme, I'm sure he would be a great bench player. If Peja EVER is a starter on this team, though, I'm going to have to go back to that plan of flicking Donnie in both ears.

Kegboy
07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Man, I hate polls that aren't public. :muttering

3ptmiller
07-16-2005, 12:43 AM
No i wouldnt trade ron for peja.. just because Ron fits in with Pacers style setup much better than Peja... and whats wrong with all this disrespect against Peja? He is an awesome player, but very unlucky to proove it when it counts sometimes...

Jermaniac
07-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah he is a awesome player when there is no pressure to make a big shot and when he has Vlade and Webb giving him all those open shots. As soon as Vlade and Webb left Peja's play started dropping. He isnt close to a player that Ron is. If his shot isnt falling he makes zero impact on a game.

ChicagoJ
07-16-2005, 12:58 AM
I think most of the Ron-for-Peja advocates a year ago WERE NOT in love with Peja's game, but just realized that Ron's market value was already that low and that was probably the best we could ever do in a straight-up deal.

I still think Peja's game would mix nicely with the Pacers. We desparately need an outside threat and Peja's one drawback - can he shoot in the clutch? - really wouldn't be an issue as long as JO is still in the post.

Jermaniac
07-16-2005, 01:09 AM
People here talk about how Ron couldnt handle the pressure of the playoffs but if Peja cant its alright cause JO is still in the post? LMAO

grace
07-16-2005, 10:06 AM
The interesting thing is if this poll was done last year right now. The pro Peja vote would be much , much higher

My vote is the same as it was last year. I didn't want Peja then and I don't want him now.

foretaz
07-16-2005, 08:04 PM
:bump: dont forget to vote twice

Young
07-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I defentily do not want Ron on this team.

- He can not be trusted.
- Who knows when he will want to retire or atleast take a 2 week vacation just a few games into the season? Or do something really stupid again. Do I think he will go into the stands again? No. Do I think he will do something equaly as stupid? Yes, he just needs some time to screw up again.
- I simply am tired of disucssing this guy some of the times and hearing his name being discussed some of the times, he is such a conterversy [sp] act and has defentily given the Pacers a bad reputation in SOME peoples minds. Also he just always seems to say some really werid things, sometimes stupid. For example, just recently he said "I'm not trying to get into any cheerio commericals or Coca-Cola commericals. I want to do a commerical in the 'hood".

People say "Ron is so great and we will not get equal value." Bullcrap. He is unreplaceable for what he does on the court and I give him that, but I find it very hard to find a longterm place for this walking circus act on a championship caliber team and a class act organization. Ron may not be replaced skill wise but if we get someone with good head on there shoulders who is a pretty decent player that will make me happy. I am almost to the point where I just want to say "Re-sign James Jones and make him the starting SF with Granger his backup until Granger is ready to be a starter. Then buyout Ron and tell him to go promote his fliping album or sign with a team who can deal with clowns."

I'm telling you, no matter how good Ron is, the Pacers will not win a championship with Ron Artest. Say they won't win one without Peja, go ahead, but I sure have more confidence in Peja to atleast suit up for the games in the playoffs and not be watching the game from his big screen t.v. because he is suspended.

CableKC
07-16-2005, 08:51 PM
If injuries were a concern....then I would not want Peja on the team. Also...we would have 3 players that would need to dominate the ball in order to be effective. With Artest, at least we have a player that can be on the floor but contribute if he is not touching the ball.

OnlyPacersLeft
07-17-2005, 12:41 AM
NO!
damn...Keep ron!

rabid
07-17-2005, 05:00 AM
I think most of the Ron-for-Peja advocates a year ago WERE NOT in love with Peja's game, but just realized that Ron's market value was already that low and that was probably the best we could ever do in a straight-up deal.

Ron's trade value is just as low, if not lower, then it was last summer. That doesn't explain the (assumed) increase in votes for him in our poll...

foretaz
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Ron's trade value is just as low, if not lower, then it was last summer. That doesn't explain the (assumed) increase in votes for him in our poll...

two possible explanations....people have grown to love him ;)....or with what happened in nov. they now feel its highly unlikely things of that nature will happen again....in other words he hit rock bottom and now is on the road to recovery....and things should be mostly positive from here on out...

Los Angeles
07-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Cool - you can vote for every option.

sweabs
07-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Cool - you can vote for every option.

I was just about to ask - how do you vote twice (or every option for that matter)?

Los Angeles
07-17-2005, 06:51 PM
I was just about to ask - how do you vote twice (or every option for that matter)?
Just click every box before you hit 'submit'.

foretaz
07-17-2005, 06:51 PM
when u make ur selections u can vote for more than one ....since its basically a two part poll...i wanted to allow u to pick 2 selections...one regarding whether ron is on the team and whether u would be in favor of trading him for peja....

and yes...i suppose a moron would vote for all 5....but then, what good would that do....

Bball
07-17-2005, 07:23 PM
and yes...i suppose a moron would vote for all 5....but then, what good would that do....

I sense the 2000 election problems now happening at Pacers Digest...

Hanging chads indeed!

-Bball

Bball
07-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Take it to the Supreme Court!

-Bball

ChicagoJ
07-17-2005, 10:55 PM
People here talk about how Ron couldnt handle the pressure of the playoffs but if Peja cant its alright cause JO is still in the post? LMAO

No, you missed my point.

Peja doesn't play well/ chokes in the playoffs. That's a problem but he wouldn't be the #1 option here, JO would be. It would be a lot easier for him to hit shots when the defense is focused on somebody else. (Just ask Ron how easy it was to hit shots in the Miami series when they focused all thier efforts on shutting down JO.)

Ron can't handle the pressure of the playoffs and he has personal and emotional meltdowns that drag the rest of the team down with him.

I'm LMAO if you'd either (1) rather have Ron drag the rest of the team down, or (2) still don't see the difference.

I'll take my chances that Peja could figure out how to score as the #2 option in the playoffs before I'd take my chances that Ron can figure out how to quit dragging his teammates down with him.

:flirt:

ChicagoJ
07-17-2005, 11:00 PM

Ron's become a "martyr".

:twocents:

And this board has always been quite supportive of Ron, anyway. Last summer, the only people that wanted Ron traded were probably me and Peck, although I might be forgetting one or two others.

Sollozzo
07-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Ron's become a "martyr".

And this board has always been quite supportive of Ron, anyway. Last summer, the only people that wanted Ron traded were probably me and Peck, although I might be forgetting one or two others.

I didn't post as much last year as I do now.

I didn't desperately want to get rid of Ron, but I wanted him gone for Peja when those rumors arose.

And I definitely wanted him out in a deal for Tmac.

Bball
07-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Ron's become a "martyr".

I wanted him traded then.... Because I thought we could get something good in return and I worried about his ability to keep his head.

But that was before I watched this team for a season without Artest- and with JO as the entire focal point... and then got to see the team without JO.... And I realized any trade of Artest wasn't likely going to bring anyone in to change what we saw with a JO led team.

Now I just want a backup plan in place for him (unless a good trade presents itself) and I am willing to take my chances with Artest (maybe I should say I've resigned myself to that being the only practical option).

I'm assuming trading all 15 players (or whatever size roster the new CBA will allow) isn't really a practical option tho there's been points where I would have considered it.

-Bball

ChicagoJ
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
-snip- I'm assuming trading all 15 players (or whatever size roster the new CBA will allow) isn't really a practical option tho there's been points where I would have considered it.

-Bball

:einstein:

I always *knew* you were the smartest poster on here. ;)

indygeezer
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Ron's become a "martyr".

AHEM!!

ChicagoJ
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
AHEM!!

Ooops. Sorry. :blush:

RWB
07-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Ron's become a "martyr".

Wow, should have heard Scott H's take on Ron at the party. So when did you and Scott become separated at birth?

ChicagoJ
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Wow, should have heard Scott H's take on Ron at the party. So when did you and Scott become separated at birth?

About the time that he "wisened up" and did his 180-degree-turn. :-p :D

Los Angeles
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
WAIT - I want to know this Ron/party story. Details? Links?

EDIT - What did Skaut say?

RWB
07-18-2005, 02:48 PM
WAIT - I want to know this Ron/party story. Details? Links?

EDIT - What did Skaut say?

Basically this is the second time I've heard the term "martyr" used in reference to Ron Artest in the last few days. Scott said pretty much the same thing at the party.