PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2005 Off-Season Roll Call Thread

Mr. Pink
07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
My name is Kyle, I'm 18, and I'm about to attend University of Southern Indiana(USI).
I'll be majoring in Radio Broadcasting/Communications. Soon I will be living in Evansville, on campus, but right now, I live at home with the family.

I was a huge Kings fan, but since they traded Webber I kinda have died down. I liked the Kings for about 7 years. Now, I have turned into a HUGE Pacers fan and a Bobcats fan. It feels like I've experienced an NBA heartbreak each year. 1st with the Kings and Lakers always battling, and now the Pistons and Pacers...always my team losing. With Reggie retiring, itjust seems like it never ends. I still love this game.

MagicRat
07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Mitch Cumstein, age 35
Occupation - Transponster

I enjoy Clint Eastwood movies.......
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13286

Since86
07-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Noah

Aries

Ball State Student (starting 2nd year, but will be a jr. by next semseter)
Live 8mi east of Muncie in a itty bitty town called Parker City.

Currently working as an "office manager" at my parents State Farm Insurance office.

Hicks
07-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Mark. 21. Ball State student, will start my fourth year (of five) this fall. Working towards being an Elementary Teacher. I live in New Castle, about 20 miles south of Muncie.

Currently working at the local Pizza Hut.

indygeezer
07-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Indygeezer here. That's good enough.

I'm old....but not as old as some :D

I'm a guitar pickin', fly-fishin', golf hackin', deer killin', Pacer lovin'. pure bred Hoosier. I'm country....and proud of it.

I tell people I work for Indy's largest drug company but I'll let you in on a secret (I'm really an IRS agent specializing in computer fraud ;) ) No? Well, I'll let you figure it out.

I generally don't mix in crowds well....I'm one of those that is 100% different in real life. I'm much friendlier on the computer than in real life. Thus I've not made a get together yet....(Ignore the fact that I'm hen-pecked)

Zesty
07-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Mitch Cumstein, age 35

^LOL

I'm 26, live on the southside, and work full time while taking night classes at IUPUI (accounting major). The little free time I have is spent with friends, my g/f, or on my Xbox.

Diamond Dave
07-14-2005, 04:25 PM
David Peck, 19, I will start my second dreadful year at the University of Indianapolis this fall.

Changing to a Human Comm major rather than a Electronic Comm (TV) major for a hopeful increase in salary and job stability. I'm getting married next summer to my girlfriend of three years.

Son of the Digest MVP (even though 25% of what he says online comes from me at home :censored: ). I'm employed, but I can't say where. Lets just say I get a lot of time at the computer.

I enjoy playing guitar, basketball, softball, and complaining about the Pacers and Colts.

ChicagoJ
07-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Jay. 35.

Consultant/ CPA.

Undergrad from Taylor U.; MBA from Indiana.

Live in Chicago. Grew up in Greenwood. Moved here during the 2000 NBA Finals. Rough week of my life.

Pacers fan since birth. Season ticket holder since the early 1990s.

Chuck Person's biggest fan.

Ron Artest fan since... check that.. uh, nevermind... :devil:

Former track star. "Retired" point guard.

Jay's_Wife@Section204 became "hooked" on the Pacers during the 1991 playoffs.

Taught Jay's_Daughter@Section204 that "We don't like the Green Guys."

Also a Steelers fan, a Bruce Springsteen fan, and a U2 fan. And that's about it... I don't have time to care about much else.

cramerica
07-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Matt, 26

I've been in the Air Force now for 8 years, and have been stationed in Tucson, AZ the last 4 working at the main Helpdesk.

I love the Pacers, Colts and Texas Rangers. (no particular order)

Bout to join ABA over in Iraq, but right now I'm just hanging out here in the hot *** weather with my wife and my two cats.

Haven't been to college, but I plan on taking some classes when I get back in January. I atleast want my associates before I get out in '07.

Ragnar
07-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Well I am around at the moment so I guess I will chime in.

Dan

Town Drunk

live in Fort Wayne but have been spending a lot of time in Michigan lately.

ChicagoJ
07-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Mitch Cumstein, age 35

Since when do you need to start recycling old jokes?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315&highlight=Mitch+Cumstein

Vicious Tyrant
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Wally

Juvie Probation Officer, Bloomington IN

hate beaches, drink lotsa milk, currently on South Beach diet (but cheating).

built like a god

indygeezer
07-14-2005, 04:46 PM
David Peck, 19, I will start my second dreadful year at the University of Indianapolis this fall.

Changing to a Human Comm major rather than a Electronic Comm (TV) major for a hopeful increase in salary and job stability. I'm getting married next summer to my girlfriend of three years.

Son of the Digest MVP (even though 25% of what he says online comes from me at home :censored: ). I'm employed, but I can't say where. Lets just say I get a lot of time at the computer.

I enjoy playing guitar, basketball, softball, and complaining about the Pacers and Colts.

Watch what you say about the Uni of Indy boy, this alum will cut off yer funding. (Then they'll have to take the bulb out of the stoplight at Otterbein Ave.)

Arcadian
07-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Andrew,

Live in LA area, finishing teaching credential (elementray level) and looking for work this fall. Oddly enough not a lot of leads on PD.

Reared in Indianapolis. Left to go to Judson College and came to LA for the warmth.

Diamond Dave
07-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Watch what you say about the Uni of Indy boy, this alum will cut off yer funding. (Then they'll have to take the bulb out of the stoplight at Otterbein Ave.)

Oh, I have nothing against U of I. It wouldn't matter which college I went too, I'd hate it.

As far as funding goes you'll have to talk to Sen. Lugar for that, as he pays the good portion of mine due to my high school grades. :D

indygeezer
07-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Andrew,

Live in LA area, finishing teaching credential (elementray level) and looking for work this fall. Oddly enough not a lot of leads on PD.

Reared in Indianapolis. Left to go to Judson College and came to LA for the warmth.

Andrew meet Hicks...Hicks meet Andrew.....

at the sound of the bell come out fighting for the same teaching position.

Gyron
07-14-2005, 04:56 PM
My name is Kyle, I'm 18, and I'm about to attend University of Southern Indiana(USI).
I'll be majoring in Radio Broadcasting/Communications. Soon I will be living in Evansville, on campus, but right now, I live at home with the family.

Hey Sacto, My wife and I graduated from USI. Not too bad of a school for a small school. Although they have been doing some serious expansion on the dorms and new buildings since we graduated in '96.

Evansville is an overgrown hick town, but really not all that bad. I get up there about once a year, maybe next time I'm in town we'll have to have pizza and a beer or something.

So I guess I should so my bio....

Real name Greg, I am a Marketing Product Manager for a large consumer products company with the division I work for in Stanley, North Carolina, Just outside of Charlotte. I am 30 years old, graduated from Univeristy of Southern Indiana with a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing in 1996.

No kids, 2 dogs(names:Boomer and Indy). HUGE pacers fan. Somewhat follow football. Would cheer for Colts, Maybe Charlotte and possibly Buffalo(my Dad grew up in Buffalo and is a avid Bills fan...But that did teach to learn to deal with the disappointments that come along with a professional sports team:laugh: ). Don't follow baseball or any other psorts really.

Love to play golf, but don't follow the pro's all that much.

Roy Munson
07-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Name: Roy Munson (not my real name)

Hoop ability: Quite a bit less than Larry Bird

Favorite Pacer: Freddy

Avocation: High School Track and Field Coach

foretaz
07-14-2005, 05:01 PM
hi

im ron artest

i play for the indiana pacers...

i love the pacers and truly regret how my actions have hurt the team, the organization, as well as the fans....

ive taken great strides in the hopes things will be different in the future...

you have my word i will do everything i can to bring the title to indy....

next year is going to be a very special year....

jermaine and i are putting this team on our shoulders and wont stop till weve won the finals....

hope u can forgive me some day...till then...continue to support the pacers, even if u cant personally support me

;) ;)

Suaveness
07-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Suave, 20, 3rd year college student in Chicago. Biology/Chem major. Plan on going to med school afterwards, hopefully I can get into one. Doing chem research, work in ER over the summer

Love the Pacers and Colts to death, also an avid anime fan.

Love eating and my high metabolism.

Oh, and I :love: Ronnie Artest (as if no one knew...) He and Freddy are my favorites

Los Angeles
07-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Los Angeles, 33.

Semi-professional libertarian wind-bag, beach bum, metalsmith, jewelry designer and litigation/financial communications consultant (not joking). In the middle of launching a fashion/jewelry business with my wife.

I'm more likely to run into someone famous than someone I actually know.

My passion for all manner of topics is only trumped by my talent for self-contradiction.

My 13 year old nephew can kick my butt at horse and I can't defend an old lady. But hey, that makes me no different than Lawrence Frank.

Lately, the only opinion I'll share about Ron Artest is that I'm sick of talking about him.

Products I would endorse if I were famous:
Foredom flex shafts, Leatherman "Wave" multi-tools, 70's era Guild Guitars, Bushmills Irish Whiskey, Guayabera shirts, Sector 9 skateboards, John Fluevog shoes, and Adobe design software.

foretaz
07-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Hey Sacto, My wife and I graduated from USI. Not too bad of a school for a small school. Although they have been doing some serious expansion on the dorms and new buildings since we graduated in '96.

Evansville is an overgrown hick town, but really not all that bad. I get up there about once a year, maybe next time I'm in town we'll have to have pizza and a beer or something.

So I guess I should so my bio....

Real name Greg, I am a Marketing Product Manager for a large consumer products company with the division I work for in Stanley, North Carolina, Just outside of Charlotte. I am 30 years old, graduated from Univeristy of Southern Indiana with a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing in 1996.

No kids, 2 dogs(names:Boomer and Indy). HUGE pacers fan. Somewhat follow football. Would cheer for Colts, Maybe Charlotte and possibly Buffalo(my Dad grew up in Buffalo and is a avid Bills fan...But that did teach to learn to deal with the disappointments that come along with a professional sports team:laugh: ). Don't follow baseball or any other psorts really.

Love to play golf, but don't follow the pro's all that much.

im curious....do u like to gamble when u play golf?

reggie31mate
07-14-2005, 05:07 PM
My name is Máté, I'm Hungarian...soon to be 22.
I was born on the 31st of July..Coincidently, my favourite player wears #31..and he's not named Milicic!

I'm a big Pacers fan, and I know all about them..checking out the news involving them is a daily routine of mine. The "fan stuff" ends here as the circumstances are a bit different then the ones in the States, and I'm unable to purchase any Pacers related stuff or marchendise. The only way would be ordering from an online store, but I cannot afford that.
But anyway, I'm proud to be a Pacers fan, and I'll be supporting my team 'til the day I die! I also know a couple of Indiana residents which I'm very proud of! I'll meet them in a basketball camp here in Hungary in two weeks.

I love to play streetball, and I coach pubescent boys to play regular ball.

I'm currently working, but I'm just about to quit my job to go to university in a nearby city.

I'm mostly a lurker here, just enjoying any Pacers related conversations. (tough this off-season is kinda boring..)

And I can't wait 'til next season starts and a fresh (and sane) Artest starts to kick some *** alongside our newest recruit Granger and our franchise player (who..I hope will be able to play withIN the offense for once).

And I don't want to hear about any serious injuries or suspension this year!

Peace!

indygeezer
07-14-2005, 05:14 PM

GYRON, RUN FER IT!!!!!!!

Gyron
07-14-2005, 05:17 PM

I would if I was any good. But since I average around a 102, no, I don't gamble because I'm consistently inconsistent.:D

waxman
07-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Steve - 31

Born and raised in Goshen, Indiana.

Currently ....married and melting away in the 115 degree Valley of the Sun...... & Smog...., thanks to the local wild fires. I've Lived in Phoenix the last decade or so.

College dropout...woo hoo.

I am a basketball fan and Pacer fan.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Matthew - age 23

Grew up in Indianapolis for the most part... went to college in Cleveland, OH, now I'm in grad. school going for a Ph. D. in Chemistry at Caltech in Pasadena, CA.

Basketball has always been my favorite sport but I'm not actually that talented at actually playing it... I am better at ultimate frisbee by far

My second favorite NBA team is Phoenix and has been since 1993.

I like Ron Artest despite his shortcomings (however severe they might be)

I think we will contend for it all next year if no major moves are made.

foretaz
07-14-2005, 05:35 PM
GYRON, RUN FER IT!!!!!!!
geezer.....shhhhhhh

or ill tell everyone ur secret....that ur actually nicer in person than online...

PHC Fan
07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Richard, 28, 6' 0.5" 205 lbs. Aries Hazel eyes Light complexion Married

Accounting Degree from Kelley School of Business, working towards Masters degree

I've been a Pacers fan since oh, somewhere around Feb 1989 (casual fan...became diehard fan in Oct 1989).

CableKC
07-14-2005, 05:44 PM
My name is Ken....I'm an alcoholic....oh wait....wrong meeting.

My name is Ken....I've been a Pacer fan since Reggie scored 8pts in 8.9 seconds ( 10 years and running ) which won me my first Basketball Parley. I am also conditioning....uhhhh, I mean teaching....my 1 year old son to be a Pacer fan.

I live in Gilroy, California and work in the IT Department at a software company in the SF Bay Area. Unfortunately, for me....the only Pacer games that I get to attend is the 1 game a year when they visit the GSWarriors.

Peck
07-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Name: Norrin Radd

Occupaton: Harold to Galactus

Home: The Cosmos

Long time Pacers fan & really the only reason why I spared this world a visit to the buffet line that is my Masters ship.

Recent Picture:

http://www.handpen.com/Bio/silver_surfer.jpg

Shade
07-14-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm Brian, 27, a sophomore at IUPUI persuing a Bachelor's in New Media. I just returned to school recently after a six-year hitaus brought upon due to financial difficulty. I'll most likely be an Indy resident until I graduate, at which time I plan to bolt for Cali to pursue a career in computer graphics. Or, something along those lines.

Pacers fan since '91. My fav Pacer of all time is Reggie, but the man who made me a casual Pacers fan was Chuck Person. My favorite current Pacer is Ronnie.

Shade
07-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Name: Norrin Radd

Occupaton: Harold to Galactus

Home: The Cosmos

Long time Pacers fan & really the only reason why I spared this world a visit to the buffet line that is my Masters ship.

Recent Picture:

http://www.handpen.com/Bio/silver_surfer.jpg

Quite the Marvel nut, ain't ya? ;)

I'm heading off to see Fantastic Four tonight. Hope it doesn't suck. :pray:

LOL, Daredevil is on HBO right now.

Roaming Gnome
07-14-2005, 06:00 PM
My real name is Eric, and I'm 31. (Yes, the guy in the avitar, not Quinn B. ;) ) I have lived on the Indianapolis west side for 5 years. I moved from Fort Wayne, IN because of the lack of Pacers coverage in the area, not to mention making it down for 23 home games in '99. If asked, I usually tell most that I moved down here for work to avoid getting looked at like I was completely nuts for moving for a basketball team. I work as an I.B.E.W. 481 Electrician (A Proud Sponser of your Pacers).

I have been a Pacer fan since the '93 season. I got a late start because I didn't understand the draw of spectator sports. I loved playing them, but thought watching sports on TV was for old foogies like my dad until I went to my first ever sporting event (Pacers Vs. Orlando-reg. season).

The only reason that I went was to accompany a friend who had won tickets on the radio. I told him no once, but he insisted, so I said what the heck, I'm sure they got cheerleaders. I probably was the biggest skeptic going in, and like a crack addict comming out wondering when and how I was going to get back to get my next NBA fix. I don't know if it was the sold out crowd at MSA being so loud that I couldn't talk to my friend next to me, or seeing how the players are really larger then life and faster then anything I've seen up close....Whatever it was, I'm glad that I went because I was hooked from that point on.

Sollozzo
07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Adam, 17(18 in August). Soon to be a Sr. in H.S. I live in Southern Indiana by Louisville, Ky.

Pacers fan since 1995.

Sollozzo
07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Mitch Cumstein, age 35

"Transponster", do you watch "Friends"?

obnoxiousmodesty
07-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Neal, 24

Originally from Connersville, Indiana, I'm now living in Lafayette. I grew up on a hog and cattle farm; furthermore, I despise cities and the urban sprawl that accompanies them. Much to my dismay, the small family farm is dying a quick death.

My march toward a degree in history stalled about a year ago. I only have about a year to go tops, but it's going to be difficult to get myself back in class. I hope to be teaching at one of these giant education businesses (or "universities", as they like to call themselves) in the future. I love American history, especially the formative years (1700 to the end of the Civil War).

I'm a massive fan of the Pacers, Colts, and Hoosiers. I love science-fiction and believe that popular culture rots your brain. My favorite band is the Foo Fighters, my favorite television show of all time is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and my favorite movie changes on a weekly basis.

foretaz
07-14-2005, 06:15 PM
My real name is Eric, and I'm 31. (Yes, the guy in the avitar, not Quinn B. ;) ) I have lived on the Indianapolis west side for 5 years. I moved from Fort Wayne, IN because of the lack of Pacers coverage in the area, not to mention making it down for 23 home games in '99. If asked, I usually tell most that I moved down here for work to avoid getting looked at like I was completely nuts for moving for a basketball team. I work as an I.B.E.W. 481 Electrician (A Proud Sponser of your Pacers).

I have been a Pacer fan since the '93 season. I got a late start because I didn't understand the draw of spectator sports. I loved playing them, but thought watching sports on TV was for old foogies like my dad until I went to my first ever sporting event (Pacers Vs. Orlando-reg. season).

The only reason that I went was to accompany a friend who had won tickets on the radio. I told him no once, but he insisted, so I said what the heck, I'm sure they got cheerleaders. I probably was the biggest skeptic going in, and like a crack addict comming out wondering when and how I was going to get back to get my next NBA fix. I don't know if it was the sold out crowd at MSA being so loud that I couldn't talk to my friend next to me, or seeing how the players are really larger then life and faster then anything I've seen up close....Whatever it was, I'm glad that I went because I was hooked from that point on.

i simply loved reading this....seriously....it moved me.....think ill have to come clean and do my own....rg....you have a great deal of respect from me....i think we share the same type of feelings for our pacers....

MarionDeputy
07-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Mike, 31, live on the far west side. Married, 1 and 1/9 kids, I work in HR for a transportation corporation. I am also a reserve deputy for the Marion County Sheriff's Department.

I lurk more than I post, but only because most of you are such addicts to this board by the time Im ready to share my opinon it already belongs to someone else!!

TELL YOUR COUNCILMAN TO VOTE NO TO CONSOLIDATION!!

Roy Munson
07-14-2005, 06:31 PM
I live in Gilroy, California and work in the IT Department at a software company in the SF Bay Area.

Do you like garlic?

Harmonica
07-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Frank here.

Here's my official website. Stop by and say hello.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=219096

CableKC
07-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Do you like garlic?

Garlic is a good ingredient to cook with food and when I make pasta....yes...I use alot of garlic.

But Garlic isn't the reason why I moved to Gilroy.....its cuz my wife and I wer able to afford to buy a decent sized house that wasn't older then I was and live only 35 minutes away from the San Jose area ( where we work ).

For those of you that are lucky to live in Indiana ( or anywhere outside of California ), you will be amazed at what type of house you can get for 550k in a decent part of the Bay Area :-o . But for those that live in the SF Bay Area....you will know what I am talking about.

BTW.....during certain parts of the year....you can smell garlic in the air. It may sound wierd....but it doesn't smell that bad...its like living next to an italian restuarant. :laugh:

foretaz
07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
alright...ill come clean...im not ron artest....

just call me taz...

im 40....born in indy and raised in the suburbs...

as far back as i can remember i loved the pacers....i have very fond memories of listening to games on the radio of the pacers playing the squires, tams, conquistadors, colonels, nuggets, stars, nets, etc. etc. the rare times the aba games were broadcast i was glued to the tv trying to get the rabbit ears positioned so that i could see the game clearly on the black and white ;)

and no...im not joking when i say this was happening before i was 5....

my parents didnt take me to games all the time(probably a couple times a year) but when they did it was the absolute highlight of my year....id rather have gone to a pacer game than the fair, disneyland or whatever....

i had one red white and blue basketball right after another....i refused to have those brownish orange things...and before i was strong enuff to lift a basketball i was playing hoops in the living room with a stuffed sock and a waste basket...

my dad put up my first goal with nails and no backboard.....if i hit the rim, it wouldnt stay up as long...so i became quite the shooter, even if i do say so myself...i played and played and played all my youth...

i took my piggy bank and gave it to the pacers at the telethon...begged my dad in front of nancy leonard to get season tickets, but he refused, but finally wrote a check as a consolation prize....thanks dad ;)

i attempted to guard isiah one weekend down at IU...that let me know just how good i wasnt...;)

i never liked larry bird....i was a purdue fan as well and hated losing to indiana state....then he became a celtic and it was that much easier...i always relunctantly gave him respect, and my dislike slowly dissipated once he became the pacers coach...and my respect has continued to grow for him....

to say i take the pacers rather seriously would be the understatement of the century....

i now live very very far from indy...and i the only real thing i miss is being able to go to pacer games....once i became old enuff, i went all the time....i havent kept track but ive probably been to between 500 and 1000 games...thats just a quick guess....i do everything i can to ensure being able to watch the games on tv and follow along with the radio broadcast...

im taz...and yes....im a pacerholic...;)

indygeezer
07-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Neal, 24

Originally from Connersville, Indiana, I'm now living in Lafayette. I grew up on a hog and cattle farm; furthermore, I despise cities and the urban sprawl that accompanies them. Much to my dismay, the small family farm is dying a quick death.
I love science-fiction and believe that popular culture rots your brain. my favorite television show of all time is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and my favorite movie changes on a weekly basis.

You are rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters.

Wanna discuss I-69 sometime?

Arcadian
07-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Andrew meet Hicks...Hicks meet Andrew.....

at the sound of the bell come out fighting for the same teaching position.

That's not far from the truth. I went to a job fair and in the hour I was there I saw about two hundred elementray teachers and no school district out of 40 was hiring for K-6.

indytoad
07-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Never post in these - first time for everything I guess.

Nate, 21, East side, approximately 10-15 minutes from Geezer's house, so I've heard. Currently in my Junior year at IUPUI, majoring in Computer Graphics - Interactive Multimedia specifically. Haven't really done anything cool yet, though. Work in prepress for a large-format printing company.

Spend most of my free time playing video games, reading, watching anime, and posting my doodles on the PA:AC. May the two worlds never meet.

IndyToad
Victoly!

MagicRat
07-14-2005, 07:41 PM
"Transponster", do you watch "Friends"?

Busted.

My real name is Miss Chanandelor Bong.......

Matt Hooligan
07-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Matt, 24. I graduated from IUPUI in December 2003 and am a programmer working on the Northside. I live on the westside, am a huge Pacers and Colts fan, enjoy drinking beer, and came to love basketball watching Reggie Miller as I grew up.

I also just stepped out from lurking a couple days ago, after a year of reading here. I found this site through a link from IndyStar, but found the discussion to be much more enlightening on this side of town.

Cheers!

Kegboy
07-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Hello.

My name is Earl.

I'm 44-years old and currently reside in San Diego.

I enjoy playing with my grandkids and defending the banned members of this board. That's pretty much how I live my life.

My dislikes are disrespectful people, grammar nazi's, and those who question my military service.

As for the "Sassan" jokes, let's please move on...

;)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12377&page=4&pp=25&highlight=earl

Shade
07-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Hello.

My name is Earl.

I'm 44-years old and currently reside in San Diego.

I enjoy playing with my grandkids and defending the banned members of this board. That's pretty much how I live my life.

My dislikes are disrespectful people, grammar nazi's, and those who question my military service.

As for the "Sassan" jokes, let's please move on...

;)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12377&page=4&pp=25&highlight=earl

:rotflmao:

McClintic Sphere
07-14-2005, 09:27 PM
My name is John. 39, and I live on the Northside just south of Carmel, north of Broad Ripple. 3 kids under 8 and a wife and the last time I could afford to attend a Pacer's game was preseason the year Jimmy King was given a try-out. I don't even get cable anymore. The only tv I miss is Buffy/Angel and the Pacers. Although, I almost always find a place to watch the most important games. I catch a lot of Mark and Slick and am eagerly anticipating watching a second group front court of Granger, Harrison and Bender. Really impressed with the devotion Roaming Gnome!

Kaufman
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
HI and hello. My name is Kevin. I'm 28.

I'm a physician in Lexington, Kentucky.
Though my heart bleeds red and white and I am Hoosier through and through. Its funny, I just moved down here, and there is so much of a rivalry with Indiana down here. It feels like we are more their archrivals than they ours. If that makes sense...

Anyways, I am a native of Indianapolis, and miss it dearly. Graduate of Pike High School and Indiana University Bloomington for undergrad, Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis for med school.

My Pacer existance starts with Chuck Person, he was always my favorite. Reg a close second, but still I miss some of Chuck's old antics. I was also a fan of Detlef's, who seems like an almost forgotten one-time commodity of ours, Mark Jackson, DD, AD, T Best for no good reason, Woody Workman, D McKey, Vern Fleming, Kenny Williams remember him... and the Dutchman. A lot of guys huh?

I guess my favorite moment has to be Miller comeback against the Knicks... (Which one!?!? The 1995 stealing/3 point fest to cut the lead in the final seconds of the game). Also loved the duel of scoring between Chuck and Larry in the 1991 playoff.

Funniest memory - Chuck Person booting the ball into the old Chicago Stadium against the Bulls.

Worst Draftpick - Scott Haskin. Peeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Most heart felt moment - Reggie's send off this year. Just classic.

Dr Huxtable
07-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm Jon, 16 and will be a Junior in High School. I feel young :)

Uhh... I wash dishes at Fritz's, a local German restaraunt. Good pay for my age but I hate the job.

Other than that theres not much to know about me.

Sacto- My brother goes to USI, he'll be in his third year. He still doesn't know his major. :laugh: He lived on campus in an apartment with three friends his first year and loved it, but didn't love it too much, because he lived at home (Newburgh, 10 mins south of Evansville) this year. :p I will likely be joining you (and my brother perhaps) at USI in two years. :)

Suaveness
07-14-2005, 10:50 PM
HI and hello. My name is Kevin. I'm 28.

I'm a physician in Lexington, Kentucky.
Though my heart bleeds red and white and I am Hoosier through and through. Its funny, I just moved down here, and there is so much of a rivalry with Indiana down here. It feels like we are more their archrivals than they ours. If that makes sense...

Anyways, I am a native of Indianapolis, and miss it dearly. Graduate of Pike High School and Indiana University Bloomington for undergrad, Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis for med school.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of physician are you, and why did you choose it?

sweabs
07-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey - Scott Carey. I'm from a town outside of Toronto called London, Ontario.

I'm 19 years old and am currently enrolled at the University of Western Ontario (UWO). I'm going into my 3rd year of honours in History, looking forward to becoming an elementary school teacher (lord knows I have the experience).

I'm a Supervisor for the city Parks & Recreation department and love my job. I look forward to it every morning.

I've been a Pacers fan ever since I began watching basketball...and I owe that all to Reggie. His 8 points only took 8 seconds...but it won me over for life.

I live, breathe, and die Pacers - and all my friends/family call me obsessed and know that I'm on here 24/7. My dad is a psychologist and has told me it's become a problem...it has even got to the point of having to watch taped Dr.Phil episodes on obsessions. But, I'll sit through 21 hours of that stuff, as long as the other 3 are reserved for the Pacers game :D

Mr. Pink
07-15-2005, 02:29 AM

Ohh man, USI's campus is soo nice. They are building like a multi-million library there. Definitly wouldn't mind some beer. :) Ha, j/p. No, but seriously.

Adam, 17(18 in August). Soon to be a Sr. in H.S. I live in Southern Indiana by Louisville, Ky.

Pacers fan since 1995.

My birthday is in August too. 14th, when is yours? Also I living in Southern Indiana. What town you live in? I'm about 30 minutes away from Louisville. You can PM if you want.

Sacto- My brother goes to USI, he'll be in his third year. He still doesn't know his major. :laugh: He lived on campus in an apartment with three friends his first year and loved it, but didn't love it too much, because he lived at home (Newburgh, 10 mins south of Evansville) this year. :p I will likely be joining you (and my brother perhaps) at USI in two years. :)

I can't wait to start at USI. You should think about comin there, it's an awesome place. My brother's girlfriend is going to USI, as well. She's gonna be my "mom" for the next year and a half. She already told my parents she would make me dinner and wash my clothes. You know, the normal chores for women. :D JUST JOKING. But I'm covered for the next year and a half.

SjA3837
07-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Hii, i'm steven.

I'm 16 year of age.

I go to Northcentral highschool, I feel soo outa place around you guys. It's like talking sports with my grandparents with some of you guys. :geezer:

I'm on this board 24/7, I'd rather listen to what you guys have to say; seeing how you guys been around longer and have more knowlege (sp?) about what you're talking about. But I give my imput here and there.

Pingu
07-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Hi, I'm Alexandre Marcellesi, 19.
I live in Paris, France and I'm a 3rd year student in philosophy at the Sorbonne university & Ecole Normale Superieure.
It's not easy to be a Pacers' fan in France, where it's all Lakers, Spurs or worse... Pistons but with PD I've found a very nice place to discuss and especially to read what you, local guys who are immersed in the Pacers atmosphere and history, have to say.
Thank you.

burnzone
07-15-2005, 06:19 AM
R.J., 29 years old, I've lived in the Muncie area my entire life.

I'm a PC tech, I've been working on, fixing, building, upgrading computers for about 21 years, I've been to school for MCSE, and more recently CompTIA A+, I've been working on individuals computers for years, and now I'm trying to get into the business world of working on computers, and networking, so I can get a job that has good medical insurance.

I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 28 years.

I've been a basketball fan my entire life, and started playing when I was about 5, I lived out in the country my whole life, so that's about all I had to do. Also, living in Muncie, I've been a Muncie Central basketball fan, and have been to many HS basketball games, and State Championships, although not as much as I used to, mainly because I am strongly against class basketball, and it ruined all that was special about Indiana high school basketball, but I'll save all my thoughts on that for another thread.

I've been Pacers fan since about 1983, and my favorite Pacer back then was Clark Kellogg, and then into the later years, I liked Herb Williams, Stipo, Detlef Schrempf, Chuck Person, then the years of Reggie, Dale, and Rik. I too, suffered through quite a few seasons of the Pacers being at the rock bottom of the standings from 83-89, but I couldn't be more proud of where the franchise is at today, through the many years of 'transitional', exciting games from about 1989-current, that molded the Pacers into one of the premier franchises in the NBA.

I'd have to say my favorite Pacers now are (In this order-) David Harrison, Dale, Ron, Jermaine, James Jones (if we get to keep him), and Stephen Jackson. I also like Jamaal, and Foster, and Fred, but I could just list the whole team as my favorites, but Harrison, DD, Ron, and JO are my favorites, and I'm ready to add Danny Granger to that list, because I like what I've seen from him.

I don't miss a game on tv, and if I can't see it live, I'll record it, and avoid seeing sports tickers on tv, sports stations, and listening to the radio, until I watch it. I go to a few games every now and then, but I can't always afford to drive down there and back, park, eat on the way there, and buy a ticket, but I do try to get to as many as I can. I also have a lot of Pacers gear, sports cards, hats, etc.

I also am a hardcore Colts fan, about the same way with them, I watch every game on tv, and try to get to as many games as I can.

After that, I'm really into Notre Dame Football, Boxing, NASCAR, and am a Cubs fan.

I also play guitar, and also work on them, work with computer recording software, work on computers, and mess around with website building, like to cook, bbq grilling, take road trips, work on cars, fishing, hunting, hiking, boating, going to the lakes, install stereo equipment, watch movies, also love music, dogs, and spending time with my girlfriend.

Ok, sorry that was so long there :-p

RWB
07-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Yes I need to get a life. 45, married, two young men in college, and my job is to tell people NO.

McClintic Sphere
07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Hii, i'm steven.

I'm 16 year of age.

I go to Northcentral highschool, I feel soo outa place around you guys. It's like talking sports with my grandparents with some of you guys. :geezer:

I'm on this board 24/7, I'd rather listen to what you guys have to say; seeing how you guys been around longer and have more knowlege (sp?) about what you're talking about. But I give my imput here and there.

Hello, from a fellow Northsider. My kids go to Carmel schools, but I actually live closer to North Central than Carmel High. Do you ever see Eric Gordon at school? God, that kid is a playa! I saw him do a behind the back pass to himself against Carmel. He then caught the pass on one bounce and threw it down one handed. I hope he stays in state for college, but recent history doesn't look good.

JAMoore
07-15-2005, 03:06 PM
My name is Andy, 38. I have lived in Bloomington the last 6 years. I was born and raised in Knightstown. I work in the business office for the hospital.
Married with 2 kids-girl 10, boy 8 who are very active in sports...so a lot of my time ends up coaching and practicing with them.

Pacer Fan since early 80s, but didn't get really into it until around 89.
Best game I ever saw was 1995 Memorial Day win over Orlando. 4 or 5 lead changes in the last 30 seconds...Smits winning it at the buzzer. Man MSA was loud!

I don't play much sports anymore with helping the kids year round with theirs, but I watch almost year round. Football is my favorite sport, but Pacers are my favorite team. Colts and Reds are who else I follow.

circlecitysportsfan
07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Michael 24, born in Indianapolis went to Pike highschool. I now live in Lexington ky, going to school for graphic design. I love the Pacers and Colts and hate the UK Wildcats and New England Patriots.

indygeezer
07-15-2005, 05:28 PM
My name is Andy, 38. I have lived in Bloomington the last 6 years. I was born and raised in Knightstown. I work in the business office for the hospital.
Married with 2 kids-girl 10, boy 8 who are very active in sports...so a lot of my time ends up coaching and practicing with them.

Pacer Fan since early 80s, but didn't get really into it until around 89.
Best game I ever saw was 1995 Memorial Day win over Orlando. 4 or 5 lead changes in the last 30 seconds...Smits winning it at the buzzer. Man MSA was loud!

I don't play much sports anymore with helping the kids year round with theirs, but I watch almost year round. Football is my favorite sport, but Pacers are my favorite team. Colts and Reds are who else I follow.

Hey JAMoore.....I'm a Charlottesville grad (now Eastern Hancock).

SJA...hehehe My 15 year old goes to CATHEDRAL....chew on that!

And to all you SIU's..my best friends daughter will be a Freshman there this fall...5'4" blond, thin, and absolutely BEAUTIFUL..(no crap)! I'm open to bribes for her name.
Also...the kid that lives behind me will be a freshman there too. 6'4" about 230 lbs. and I've hired him to be her bodygaurd.

Unclebuck
07-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Hii, i'm steven.

I'm 16 year of age.

Hi Steven

I graduated from North Central in 1935. it used to be a great school

Shade
07-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi Steven

:laugh:

foretaz
07-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi Steven

if im not mistaken that would make u almost as old as kevin willis

Suaveness
07-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi Steven

You are such a bad liar :laugh:

McClintic Sphere
07-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Steven

What happened to North Central to qualify it as deteriorating? I know their basketball program, girls and boys, is in great shape. Although, I think the girl's coach retired for health reasons.
I really want to see an all Indiana high school team of Dominic James at point, Eric Gordon at the shooting gaurd, Mike Conley at the third guard spot ala Illinois U. and Josh McRoberts teamed with Greg Oden in the front court. I deny any state in the union to dare taste victory vs. that awesome lineup.

McKeyFan
07-15-2005, 10:00 PM
McKeyFan, 41, Chattanooga, Tennessee

Pacer fan since 93. Active on the board since 97.

Became a Pacer fan, I'm pretty sure, because of Larry Brown's coaching. By the time he left, I was emotionally hooked. Didn't do as well during the Bird coaching years and less with Isaiah, but really like Rick as coach and Larry as GM.

McKey used to be my fave. Now its Artest. And JJ is making a strong move.

Writer and author. Here's a book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/097490760X/qid=1121478834/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-3238324-1527857?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Shade
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Yes I need to get a life. 45, married, two young men in college, and my job is to tell people NO.

You work for one of Capital One's competitors? ;)

heywoode
07-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Mike, 36, married for 8 years, two kids, ages 5 and 3. I live in Huntington, about 20 minutes south of Ft. Wayne. I work in county government here as the GIS Manager. For those who don't know what GIS is, I posted a long winded ramble about it here: http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13013 , or you can check it out directly at Huntington County's site: http://gis.huntington.in.us

I've been a Pacers fan my whole life, but it turned into a way of life during Reggie's MSG heroics years. I get the Sports Pack with DirecTV to catch half the games in digital on FSN, and I found a way to get WB4 as part of a local channels package to catch the other half digital there. I only missed watching one game that was televised last year, and that was to attend a funeral. I get extremely upset when the Pacers play and it is not televised. That should never happen in Indiana! Absolutely hate the Knicks and the Bulls (and now the Pistons)....

I can relate to the level of obsession that a lot of users here describe. I make it down to as many games as I can; last year it was 7, the year before, 6. It better be 8 or more this year or I break a wonderful trend. My proudest moment was when my then two year old son yelled "REGGIE!" at the TV for the first time. Of course, Reggie was on and he recognized him....<sigh>

I will happily admit that I cried at the Reggie ceremony after the final regular season game....I will cry more when they retire his jersey and I know "for sure" that he isn't going to rip open one of his dapper suits to reveal a Pacers uniform and rescue the franchise again....I respect his decision, but hate to see the end of the era.

I like photography so much I bought a digital rebel (some say it was to make my wife mad and my friends jealous) and use it to take as many pics as I can of the Pacemates while still yelling about the game and not getting arrested for stalking. My wife has a major thing for JO, so if I take plenty of pics of him, I get an all-access laminate to take perv shots with the 300mm zoom lens without offending her.

I like computers so much, I bought one and decided to build four or five more myself; although they don't seem to be cheaper when I do that, just faster and better for the same money...

I currently spend my time playing with the kiddies, fixing up my house so I can sell it and buy a bigger one in a better neighborhood, and playing golf....

I truly enjoy the conversations here, and really like getting my Pacers info from somewhere other than ESPN, the Microsoft of sports.....

Thanks to all who take the time to post the latest news and offer your insightful comments! Your time and effort do not go unappreciated, even if I never say it. I will be here for a long time to come as long as I don't wear out my welcome....

Oh, one last thing: I'm up in the air about still being a Colts fan. Everything I own that has the Colts logo on it is still in a big wadded up pile in my furnace room after the latest hiney-whipping we took in the playoffs...

One more fold to the G.D. Patriots and I'm done for life!!!!!

Jose Slaughter
07-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Most people call me James, at least thats what they call me to my face.

I've been a Pacer fan since 1970 or 71. Had season tickets for a couple seasons when I was young & had money. Center court, 18 rows up at MSA, $18 a game. Can you even get in the building for that now?

I joined the Star board during Brown's final year & made the switch over here when Hicks got tired of all the crap. [b]Thanks Hicks[/i]

Born & raised in Indy. I should've gone to college. I spend several moments each & every day regreting that error.

I put together the forum parties we have a couple times a year. We started with about 7 or 8 of us. The past couple summer parties have really taken off & we look to have about 3 dozen attending this time. The cool thing is the number of people that come back each time & those that drive more than an hour each way to visit a couple times each year.

The forum has several fantasy leagues & I'm fortunate to be in two of them. I've been a commish of one for 4 years & am ready to get going again in just a few weeks.

I picked my user name because I remember Jose stealing the ball at mid court of consecutive trips during a December game against the San Diego Clippers in 1983, the curtain years. I wanted to represent the under dog with a big heart & Jose seemed like a good choice.

As much as I care about the Pacers, this forum & my fantasy teams they don't hold a candle to my son, Christopher. He's just now really getting into the team, JO is his favorite player & I'm sure we'll start watching the game together this fall. He had me print out a copy of all the teams in the league last winter & he spent about an hour memorizing them. He's also going to get his black belt in karate next month. Talk about one proud dad!

I fall into the pro-Artest group but I understand the reasons why some would like to see him moved. Harrison is my favorite Pacer right now. But considering I liked Brooke Steppe & Stuart Gray that might not be a glowing endorsement.

foretaz
07-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Most people call me James, at least thats what they call me to my face.

I've been a Pacer fan since 1970 or 71. Had season tickets for a couple seasons when I was young & had money. Center court, 18 rows up at MSA, $18 a game. Can you even get in the building for that now?

I joined the Star board during Brown's final year & made the switch over here when Hicks got tired of all the crap. [b]Thanks Hicks[/i]

Born & raised in Indy. I should've gone to college. I spend several moments each & every day regreting that error.

I put together the forum parties we have a couple times a year. We started with about 7 or 8 of us. The past couple summer parties have really taken off & we look to have about 3 dozen attending this time. The cool thing is the number of people that come back each time & those that drive more than an hour each way to visit a couple times each year.

The forum has several fantasy leagues & I'm fortunate to be in two of them. I've been a commish of one for 4 years & am ready to get going again in just a few weeks.

I picked my user name because I remember Jose stealing the ball at mid court of consecutive trips during a December game against the San Diego Clippers in 1983, the curtain years. I wanted to represent the under dog with a big heart & Jose seemed like a good choice.

As much as I care about the Pacers, this forum & my fantasy teams they don't hold a candle to my son, Christopher. He's just now really getting into the team, JO is his favorite player & I'm sure we'll start watching the game together this fall. He had me print out a copy of all the teams in the league last winter & he spent about an hour memorizing them. He's also going to get his black belt in karate next month. Talk about one proud dad!

I fall into the pro-Artest group but I understand the reasons why some would like to see him moved. Harrison is my favorite Pacer right now. But considering I liked Brooke Steppe & Stuart Gray that might not be a glowing endorsement.

hmmm...how did u feel about mike flynn and kevin joyce? ;)

Sollozzo
07-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Busted.

My real name is Miss Chanandelor Bong.......

One of my favorite moments is in Season 10 where Joey uses the thesaurus on the letter to the adoption agency.

"Signed, Baby Kangaro Triviani."

I was happy with the way the show ended. It was predictable, but it was the right way to end that show. I am someone that was disgusted with the "Seinfeld" ending.

Gamble
07-16-2005, 02:50 AM
You work for one of Capital One's competitors? ;)

Sean, 24 and newly married thank god.
Owe shade for helping me believe in the Pacers and follow them seriously.
Work in Cardiology and Developmental Biology and only mentioned it bc
it sounded cool, when in fact i am the yes'mm guy.
More of an Indiana fan overall with teams that represent the state.
Probably goes against most of you because you've been brainwashed
into thinking one college team per state. I love it all
and especially like talking to people who know something about basketball. :buddies: Oh and i like all German and Irish Beer.

Mr. Pink
07-17-2005, 01:27 PM
bump

Is that what the B in your name means? :)

flying dutchman
07-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Flying Dutchman

Dutch guy living in Denmark. Just moved from Ĺrhus to Padborg, where we bought a house with a nice garden.
Married, two kids.
History teacher
Basketball trainer( right now holding a minor brake)

Tim
07-17-2005, 09:18 PM
I am Tim and I am a good driver.

fooddaman
07-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Brian, 34, Married for almost 11 years with a 5yr old daughter. I work for Union Federal Bank - Bank of your Indianapolis Colts - I have been at the bank for almost 9 years. I am a Network Analyst in the IT department, handling project managment and server support.

I have been a true pacers fan since about 94, when the Hicks VS the Knicks series started, before that I was a really big MJ/chicago fan, but lost interest with the whole I'm retired, now I'm not stuff. Unfortunately, I will have to always remember the Washington years:rolleyes:

I typically make it down to at least 1 or 2 pacer games a year, and 1 colts game.

Mainly, I lurk around here. I use to lurk on the RATS board, but I transitioned over to this board during it's infancy. I really enjoy reading this board and the many contributors, I wish I had 1 ounce of the basketball knowledge of this board.

Man, is it training camp yet???

Suaveness
07-17-2005, 11:31 PM
I am Tim and I am a good driver.

:rolleyes: Suuuure you are. Just make sure you don't drive if Al gets traded....

kerosene
07-18-2005, 12:25 AM
31, single but live with my girlfriend. indianapolis native but reside in newark, ca (elevation 16).
isu alum. w/ bachelors in philosophy and political science.
recently promoted to senior engineer at a fairly well known computer hardware company.
the golden state warriors are my adopted 'second team'.

latest toy is a black phantom VI from these fine people: http://www.phantomguitars.com/phantom6.html
latest news is that i'll have the pleasure of getting all four of my wisdom teeth yanked out sometime this week. woohoo.

albert ayler, the blood brothers, i roy, steve lacy and billy childish are currently in heavy rotation.

in the very near future i see myself lying on the couch, watching 'killer darts' (one of the spoils from my last visit to chinatown) and enjoying a cream soda.

3ptmiller
07-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Name: Enes
Religion: Islam (nooo... im not a terrorist! :D)
Job/Occupation: Rookie shooting guard for the Norrkoping Dolphins (for more info www.basketligan.se) Well, i dont if it is a "real job" but it sure does help me pay bills! :D And im studying webdesign in University...

SycamoreKen
07-18-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm 35 and live in beautiful San Antonio, TX. I live with my lovely wife of 8 years that I meet at Columbia House Music Club. I teach 4th grade and have taught 1st and 3rd grade as well. I'll be going back to school soon in order to get my masters in administration after I said that I never wanted to be a principal. Oh well. I'll still have the summers off and not be getting paid what I'm worth.

I'm very involved in my church. I'm the president of our Texas Baptist Men chapter as well as a member of the youth council. We just returned from a mission trip to Freer, Texas where we had 22 kids come to Christ at our VBS, and we fixed up their youth center. The picture in my avatar is from our trip in June to Kingsville, Texas. We held 4 VBS at the same time and had 5 kids come to Christ on that trip.

I was born and raised (with stops in Brazil, Elkhart, and Rosedale, IN) in Terre Haute, so my introduction to the NBA came with Larry Bird. Even though Slick is from Terre Haute, the team got no pub there when I was growing up. I was a huge Bird/Celtics fan growing up, but got the Pacers bug during the playoff series when Bird went down and then came back into the game. As the Celtics faded I hitched my wagon to the Pacers and plan to keep it there. My "2nd" team is the Spurs. Might as well enjoy the winning. I hope they play each other in the finals next season.

I graduated from T.H. North H.S. in 1988. Went to I.U. for a year and then finished my schooling at, surprise, Indiana State. I was a student manager there and got to see Eddie Bird screw away his talent his senior year, as well as have court side seats for games against I.U. and Illinois. It was a fun experience even though we didn't win much.

I joined the RATS board in '97 and have been around ever since under my current name and others such as PacerFanInSA and SycamoreFanInSA. I spend too much time on here, but it keeps me connected to the team since i don't get to see many games. I hope to spring for League Pass this fall.

travmil
07-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Ken is showing off the two things that every native Terre Hautian is required to own: A cow, and a Cubs Hat. I keep mine at my folks house.

Upon closer inspection, that may be a buffalo. Still has hooves and horns though. I think your safe regardless

SycamoreKen
07-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Ken is showing off the two things that every native Terre Hautian is required to own: A cow, and a Cubs Hat.

You are correct, that is not a cow, that's a baby buffalo named Bill Jr. He is the offspring of the world famous, or at least far south Texas, Clyde the Buffalo. I have pics of his buddy Yackity Yak if anyone is interested.:rockon:

foretaz
07-18-2005, 01:17 AM
You are correct, that is not a cow, that's a baby buffalo named Bill Jr. He is the offspring of the world famous, or at least far south Texas, Clyde the Buffalo. I have pics of his buddy Yackity Yak if anyone is interested.:rockon:

hmmm...heretofore, the only buffalo i associated with the pacers was david harrison...

SoupIsGood
07-18-2005, 01:19 AM
You know, I typed like a whole freaking autobiography in this thread the other day and never posted it. :-p

Hi people call me Anthony and I am listening to Possum Kingdom.

travmil
07-18-2005, 01:25 AM
You know, I typed like a whole freaking autobiography in this thread the other day and never posted it. :-p

Hi people call me Anthony and I am listening to Possum Kingdom.

An excellent choice. People were ordering that CD by the boatload when SycamoreKen and I worked at Columbia House.

cramerica
07-18-2005, 01:46 AM
We need more chicks around here.

GO!!!!!
07-18-2005, 01:50 AM

Amen to that one, maybe we can sign up all the pace mates, I'm sure some of them could give us some real neat inside infomation

SycamoreKen
07-18-2005, 01:50 AM

Nah. They leave feathers all over the place and make those annoying noises.:hypno:

NorCal_Pacerfan
07-18-2005, 03:55 AM
Marc (AKA Max) (AKA Ghost Rider)

36. Gradutated from James W. Riley HS, South Bend, IN.

Currently live in Northern California.

Crossed over into dimensia in early 2004.

Huge Pacers fan - One of my last remaining addictions.

Hobbies include: Playing Guitar, drumming, listening to music, creating 3D Graphics, biking - and snowboarding when I can. Seriously thinking about taking up skateboarding again - there are some sweet skate parks out here.

Spending the summer learning PHP programming.

dipperdunk
07-18-2005, 05:07 AM
Joe, Age 30 (Damn, I'm getting old.)

I've been a 76ers fan since the late 1970's.

I grew up in South Philadelphia and have lived in Southern New Jersey about 15 minutes outside of Philly for the last 15 years. If everything goes as planned I will probably be relocating to the Las Vegas area sometime in the next couple of months. (Thank God for NBA League Pass) I probably wouldn't move if I couldn't get the 76ers games out there. :blush:

I'm single so I enjoy hanging out at the clubs in Philly and around a year ago I started playing about 25 hours of poker per week in Atlantic City. I don't get online as much as I used to when this site started so I don't post as often as I used to but I still enjoy browsing the threads and lurking.

Doug in CO
07-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Doug, age 36.

I just moved from CT to Ohio and I have to say that I have an unhealthy obsession with the Pacers. I root for the Colts - I am a Pacer fanatic.

Have 2 kids, one on the way.

My job is Marketing and Market Research.

My favorite Pacer of all time is Rifleman.

RWB
07-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Ken is showing off the two things that every native Terre Hautian is required to own:[/edit]

Left out one thing. If you're from West TH a rusted out pickup is required. ;)

Grant
07-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Grant, 29. Married with 2 and 1/3 kids. Grew up in Wisconsin and have lived in Rochester, NY for the last 9 years. Lived in Indy for 4 years (1 year at IUPUI). Caught the Pacers virus when I lived there ('92-'96). Huge GB Packers fan. Also like the Brewers. Not big on Bucks or Colts. Work in IT.

Usually catch one game per year, when visiting relatives in Indy. Saw the Pacers beat the Raptors in Toronto last year.

Slick Pinkham
07-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Tom, 42, married, 3 kids, research chemist, native Hoosier, born in Seymour, live 35 miles west of Boston, may soon relocate to suburbs of Philly or West Palm Beach Florida for job opportunities since my company was shut down after a corporate merger.

foretaz
07-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Tom, 42, married, 3 kids, research chemist, native Hoosier, born in Seymour, live 35 miles west of Boston, may soon relocate to suburbs of Philly or West Palm Beach Florida for job opportunities since my company was shut down after a corporate merger.

west palm would be a very good choice.....

SjA3837
07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Hello, from a fellow Northsider. My kids go to Carmel schools, but I actually live closer to North Central than Carmel High. Do you ever see Eric Gordon at school? God, that kid is a playa! I saw him do a behind the back pass to himself against Carmel. He then caught the pass on one bounce and threw it down one handed. I hope he stays in state for college, but recent history doesn't look good.
Haha yeah, I see him pretty often. I play football, so I see him around the weight room every so often. He's a really nice guy, and I guess his younger brother is supposed to be as good as him.