PDA

View Full Version : Does Granger = Caron Butler

Vicious Tyrant
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Before I get too excited about Granger, his scouting reports are reminding me of Caron Butler reports when he came into the league - excellent all around player, senior maturity, ready to start, not much outside shot,

I only have a couple minutes and can't find any old reports on Caron, but does anyone else think there is a parallel?

I think Granger is taller and can develop a better outside game, but if Granger is roughly in Butler's class (a solid starter, not much more), that takes some wind out of my sails.

Harmonica
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
From what I've read and seen, Granger has an excellent outside shot.

Diamond Dave
07-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Granted it was highlight compilation. But someone posted a really long New Mexico highlight reel, and it showed Granger hitting alot of long distance.

CableKC
07-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm more hoping that Granger develops into more of a Andre Iguodala type player...athletic, exciting, all-around offensive but solid enough defender that can easily step into a 6th/7th option on the floor.

foretaz
07-14-2005, 12:52 PM
there are far worse fates than that of caron butler.....hes a solid contributor on both ends of the floor....a very good team guy able to contribute in many different ways....

danny appears to have that same potential....he doesnt appear to be spectacular in any way, just very solid and polished...

those of u that are hoping for the second coming of artest minus the baggage are not being very reasonable....

Hicks
07-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Granger shot something like 43% from 3 point range last year. I don't consider that "not much outside shot".

If anyone, he reminds me of Tayshaun Prince, although supposedly Granger has an on-court mean-streak.

Young
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
I think that nbadraftnet compares Danny to a shorter Eddie Griffin and I like that comparison, Tayshaun Prince is a good comparison too.

And no he doesn't remind me of Caron. I think that Caron is a little bit more of a scorer than Danny.

Kstat
07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I'd like to think Maxiell is Horace Grant, but think its a little disrespectful to compare my faovrite rookie to an established player, before he's played a single NBA game.

Just my opinion. You can never really tell about a kid until you've seen him playing against real pros.

Los Angeles
07-14-2005, 07:59 PM
those of u that are hoping for the second coming of artest minus the baggage are not being very reasonable....

I'll agree with this. Honestly, I get confused when folks talk about potential. I'd rather stick with facts, in a "What have you done for me lately?" kind of way.

My trust has to be EARNED as far as all of these guys are concerned.

Los Angeles
07-14-2005, 08:00 PM
I'd like to think Maxiell is Horace Grant, but think its a little disrespectful to compare my faovrite rookie to an established player, before he's played a single NBA game.

Just my opinion. You can never really tell about a kid until you've seen him playing against real pros.
OOPS - didn't see this when I just posted. So I'll just say "What HE said ^^^." ;)

Kegboy
07-14-2005, 08:51 PM
I think Granger's stronger and a better post defender, while Butler's better on the perimeter. Classic 3/4-2/3 comparison.

Shack80
07-15-2005, 12:57 AM
O like LA's posts. Granger I hope is a great player, will be happy if he comes in and makes a good contribution. Artest is a top 10 player if he could keep his head. I really doubt Granger has his potential.