PDA

View Full Version : Best Tenderloin

Knucklehead Warrior
07-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I noticed a couple of restaurant threads below and it's slow now, sooooo......

I am always on the lookout for the world's best tenderloin. Some of my favorites have been: Pawn Shop, Muldoon's, and for those of you old enough -- The Pole. I also make my own. My current favorite is Friendly's Tavern in Zionsville, but there must be a better one somewhere.

So where is your favorite?

MagicRat
07-13-2005, 11:49 AM
I think somebody mentioned it in the other thread, but Sahm's has a good one....

travmil
07-13-2005, 12:16 PM
The Longbranch Tavern in Coxville, IN. It's in Parke County north of Terre Haute. It's a good one. They bring it out on two buns and you can cut it in half. One half is still too much to eat. Take a buddy.

Kegboy
07-13-2005, 12:37 PM
The Longbranch Tavern in Coxville, IN. It's in Parke County north of Terre Haute. It's a good one. They bring it out on two buns and you can cut it in half. One half is still too much to eat. Take a buddy.

Uh, oh. Prepare to be lectured on the evils of the value proposition.

:runout:

Gyron
07-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah Sahm's has a pretty good one. At least they did when I lived there about 6 years ago.

I hope its still the same.

Knucklehead Warrior
07-13-2005, 03:01 PM
In fact, there is a Sahm's downtown in the First Federal Bldg. My wife just said about an hour ago next time I'm downtown, that's where we're eating, so tenderloin it is. I'll report back on my findings.

I got to thinking about this a couple of weeks ago when I ran across an old buddy in a picture on a webpage. He and his pals had formed about a 10-man group that went around town on Tuesday nights looking for and then printing up reviews for Reubens. They called it Reuben Tuesdays and made webpages with pics. Imagine 8-10 guys sitting down at Friendly's and everybody ordering a Reuben.

And I sometimes head out toward Rockville or Turkey Run. I could make a side trip to the tavern. Maybe I'll wear a tattoo. Oh, by the way, there's a restaurant on the square in Rockville that has a pretty tenderloin too.

Thanks for the suggestions, any others?

Vicious Tyrant
07-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Head up to Ivanhoes in Upland. Grab a shake while you're there, too.

Knucklehead Warrior
07-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks VT. I was just now responding to your msg about the beach. I sometimes go up to Pokagon. I'll stop in.

Gyron
07-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I didn't know they had opened a Sahm's downtown. Cool!

Vicious Tyrant
07-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks VT. I was just now responding to your msg about the beach. I sometimes go up to Pokagon. I'll stop in.

Cool! The tenderloins there probably aren't anything all THAT special, but its a much beloved spot for all the locals and well worth a visit. Heavens, I spent more hours than I can rightly recall at 'hoes.

Jon Theodore
07-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Battery Park. It's a bar located downtown Indy. In the capital center building, main floor.

201 N. Illinois.

Add swiss cheese. And you've got the best tenderloin ever. It's amaze without, but swiss adds another dimension of greatness.

obnoxiousmodesty
07-15-2005, 07:22 PM
J's easily had the best tenderloins in the area where I grew up. They have two locations, one in Liberty and another in Richmond. I highly recommend them.

Lord Helmet
07-15-2005, 07:46 PM
J's easily had the best tenderloins in the area where I grew up. They have two locations, one in Liberty and another in Richmond. I highly recommend them.
J's! :laugh: Just cool someone here knows about it, I'll have to try their tenderloin sometime.