PDA

View Full Version : who reads lithuanian ? cavs get sarunas

KING JAMES
07-12-2005, 02:20 PM
according to the realgm board- they are reporting, that lithuanian is reporting, this guy has signed with the cavs (complicated)-- since most of us can't read this, it's probably pointless. but by the slight chance that someone can ? perhaps they can confirm this..

"SO BREAK OUT YOUR LITHUANIAN WEBSTER'S"

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=393108&start=12
http://www.sportime.gr/xst/

Diamond Dave
07-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I believe that article says "FREE BTOWN"

foretaz
07-12-2005, 02:25 PM
if so...and i wouldnt be surprised at all at this point....the cavs are well on their way to being the lithuanian national team....

saras, Z, and the 7'3" kid they got in the draft....

its possible that 3 years from now they could start an all lithuanian team...maybe thats gilberts secret strategy...

wonder if mike brown can speak the language ;)

PacerFan31
07-12-2005, 02:25 PM
RealGM isn't reporting that right now, some Cavs fan is in the Cavs Forum.

KING JAMES
07-12-2005, 02:29 PM
RealGM isn't reporting that right now, some Cavs fan is in the Cavs Forum.
right- but on other cavs forums- there are a couple lithuanian posters, that basically translated it for us.

the lithuanian paper said, he will sign the famous 3 year 10 million dollar deal with the cavs.
as far as the other 7-3 guy goes, he according to this article will remain over there for 1 year.

SoupIsGood
07-12-2005, 03:04 PM
If that is true, that really sucks, because we were probably willing to offer that much.

Pingu
07-12-2005, 03:12 PM
It's not written in Lithuanian but in Greek, but I still can't read it ;)

Fool
07-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Bable fish translates Greek, if you can find the article.

Harmonica
07-12-2005, 03:21 PM
There goes our chances at a title. We can't win a championship without Saras. Or is it Ron that we can't win a championship without? Either way, we're screwed.

indygeezer
07-12-2005, 03:24 PM
There goes our chances at a title. We can't win a championship without Saras. Or is it Ron that we can't win a championship without? Either way, we're screwed.

:laugh:

Kstat
07-12-2005, 03:26 PM
The Cavs worry me with their new lineup. Sarunas-Hughes-James-Gooden-Z.

That might be the best all-around offensive starting 5 in the NBA, after Phoenix.

RWB
07-12-2005, 03:26 PM

It's Ron ;)

Mourning
07-12-2005, 03:30 PM

That might be the best all-around offensive starting 5 in the NBA, after Phoenix.

Dallas isn't that bad offensively either and defensively the Cavs don't look to super. LeBron and Hughes and if he plays Snow (but he's getting older and a little slower too).

The Cav's don't really worry me.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Arcadian
07-12-2005, 03:30 PM

Might have passed Phoenix as the softest starting 5 though.

Kstat
07-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Might have passed Phoenix as the softest starting 5 though.

LeBron can carry that team in tough situations. All he needs his teamates to do is get him in a position to win games for them.

foretaz
07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
guess we will find out just how good of a defensive coach mike brown is....if he turns that lineup into a defensive stalwart, he should get major props....

that cavs team doesnt scare me.....i love the fact they have locked into long contracts with hughes and Z....

the only question that remains is will lebron leave for less money or not....cause that lineup isnt gonna keep him there....

lebron...welcome to KG's world....great player that will spend a whole career without a good enuff team around him to make a difference....

u wanna see what cleveland will look like in the future....check out minnesotas history and u have a pretty good indicator...

Will Galen
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
LeBron can carry that team in tough situations. All he needs his teamates to do is get him in a position to win games for them.

That's what made Jordan a superstar. Same goes for Magic and Bird. They got points when it was nitty-gritty time and the game was on the line.

The Pacers don't have anybody like that, not that can do it consistently in the last two minutes. Most teams don't. LeBron and Wade can do it a little bit. AI can do it. Kobe, and McGrady, can do it a bit.

Garnett can't. Neither can Shaq, because all you have to do is foul him. Duncan can do it a bit, but he's like Shaq if he's not hitting his free throws.

I can't think of anyone else that really falls in that category. Some can if they have another star in the line up so that the defense can't concentrate on them, but that's not the same thing.

Los Angeles
07-12-2005, 04:08 PM
There's not a single U.S. source yet is there? Not even a disreputable one?

I think they have medicine for this kind of "premature" disfunction. But watch out for the side effects.

Los Angeles
07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
That's what made Jordan a superstar. Same goes for Magic and Bird. They got points when it was nitty-gritty time and the game was on the line.

The Pacers don't have anybody like that, not that can do it consistently in the last two minutes. Most teams don't. LeBron and Wade can do it a little bit. AI can do it. Kobe, and McGrady, can do it a bit.

Garnett can't. Neither can Shaq, because all you have to do is foul him. Duncan can do it a bit, but he's like Shaq if he's not hitting his free throws.

I can't think of anyone else that really falls in that category. Some can if they have another star in the line up so that the defense can't concentrate on them, but that's not the same thing.
Good post, but I question your inclusion of Iverson. He's not known as a closer.

I also question your dismissal of Shaq in the role of crunch player. Sure, you can foul him, but only when he has the ball. I pity the team that leaves him even slightly open to guard the perimeter in a close game.

indygeezer
07-12-2005, 04:18 PM
There's not a single U.S. source yet is there? Not even a disreputable one?

I think they have medicine for this kind of "premature" disfunction. But watch out for the side effects.

Are you sure? WOW! A medicine I'm not on!!! yet.

Kegboy
07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I still don't like Gooden at the four. If they somehow could get Haslem, then there's room for concern. But I would assume this is the end of their big spending.

And I'll go on the record right now and say Snow will be starting when the season starts.

shags
07-12-2005, 07:58 PM

And that Billups-Hamilton-Prince-Wallace-Wallace lineup. :)

SoupIsGood
07-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Was Shags just optimistic? :eek:

Lord Helmet
07-12-2005, 07:59 PM

:shudder:

Man, the central will be beast next year, and that's not good for either of us.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Do you think that the central division is the best in all of the NBA??

Shade
07-12-2005, 08:01 PM
So, do you think we'll go after Jay Williams then? I can live with him as a consolation prize. :)

Los Angeles
07-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Do you think that the central division is the best in all of the NBA??
They're either 1 or 2.

Central was arguably #2 after the Southwest last season and will likely be stronger this season. If the southwest turns up a little weaker, the Central could overtake them.

shags
07-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Was Shags just optimistic? :eek:

It's the offseason. :D

I've even come around on the Maxiell pick too, and that was before summer league. Maybe I'll change my stripes for good.

Naaah. ;)

Kstat
07-12-2005, 08:36 PM
I've even come around on the Maxiell pick too

Oh no, I don't even want to BEGIN to hear that, after the crap you gave me about it on draft day.

Suaveness
07-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh no, I don't even want to BEGIN to hear that, after the crap you gave me about it on draft day.

OMG DETROIT SUX THEY ARE SO GOING DOWN THIS YEAR YOU HEAR ME...DTROIT SUXXXXX

Gamble
07-12-2005, 08:41 PM
So, do you think we'll go after Jay Williams then? I can live with him as a consolation prize. :)
Why are you so certian on Jay Williams. That guy needs a full physical
before we get him. Cat, MRI, anal probe, the works.

shags
07-12-2005, 08:42 PM

:laugh:

I should have prefaced all my comments by saying that I threw a pen across my apartment in disgust after the Pistons drafted Prince.

That shows how much I know.

Still would have rather drafted a HS kid and developed him in the NBDL, but an extra big man who can't play C (to get Darko time) was a safe pick.

And back on topic, the Pistons DEFINITELY have the best starting 5 in the league. Better than Cleveland, better than Phoenix, better than anyone.

Kstat
07-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Still would have rather drafted a HS kid and developed him in the NBDL

Amir Johnson?

Gamble
07-12-2005, 08:44 PM
OMG DETROIT SUX THEY ARE SO GOING DOWN THIS YEAR YOU HEAR ME...DTROIT SUXXXXX
ehco echo echo echo Deeettttrioooottt suxxxxxxxx

Gamble
07-12-2005, 08:45 PM
ehco echo echo echo Deeettttrioooottt suxxxxxxxx
DID someone say Fort Wayne Pistons suck.... OH NO its Detriot nevermind...

Shade
07-12-2005, 08:59 PM

As a third-stringer, he's worth the gamble (pun not intended ;) ). At worst, he's a Bender at the point. :uhoh: :devil:

Gamble
07-12-2005, 09:11 PM
You've seen more of him than me so hopefully your right. HOw much do you think
he'll cost?

Shade
07-12-2005, 09:42 PM
You've seen more of him than me so hopefully your right. HOw much do you think
he'll cost?

Certainly not more than the mid-level. There's a lot of risk involved with him right now, and the Bulls have already moved on.

The only thing that really makes me cringe about Jay is his free-throw shooting. Yeesh.

kellogg
07-12-2005, 10:44 PM

Ditto that...the guy hasn't played in 2 years (i.e. no experience, no improvment, no nothing) and that was due to a serious injury. Glad he's made it back, but bringing him in is about like bringing in another rookie PG coming off injuries worse than Bobby Hurley sustained...and those pretty much ended his career.

Arcadian
07-12-2005, 10:51 PM
I promise you that Jay Williams is better than Gill. I wouldn't compare him to Bender either. Jay is recovering from a motorcycle accident; Bender has yet to recover from a pulled hamstring. Also medicine is better than even Hurley's day. Players are recovering faster and better.

An NBA GM has to take risks. Is signing Williams more of a risk than counting on Ron to win a championship?