PDA

View Full Version : Could all 5 Central Teams Make the Playoffs

FiestyFosterFanatic
07-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Anyone else think its possible for all 5 teams in our division to make the playoffs next year?

3 divisions, that's three teams right there. 5 spots left to fill.

Pacers (fo sho we will make it)
Pistons (they'll make it unless something horrible happens)
Bulls (will be good if they can resign Curry/Chandler)
Cavs (good possibility with the addition of Hughes, and maybe signing a FA, or Big Z)
Bucks (good chance)

Mourning
07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Other teams making it, though the summer and re-signing has just started (so it's VERY early to discuss it), I think are:

- Miami (Southeast division leader)
- Boston (IF they keep Pierce and keep their PG position decent; Atlantic division leader)
- New Jersey (could also possible be the Atlantic Division leader)
- Philladelphia (AI still there and Andre Iguodala comes back with an extra year under his belt and Webber if he can keep healthy can be more of a presence for them this year than last)

I think those four teams will probably make the playoffs aswell the coming season and than there still is a large "?" over what Washington is going to do to somehow replace Hughes).

To make a long story short I think atleast one of the Central teams won't make it and I'm gambling on either Cleveland or the Bucks, both still young teams.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

BigMac
07-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Milwaukee is a few years away. Cleveland is revamping their roster and won't be good for a year or two but could squeeze into the 7 or 8 spot. Milwaukee is definitely the odd team out.

Los Angeles
07-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Could they? Yes.

Will they? I really, really doubt it.

As with other years, there will be surprise winners and surprise losers.

Kstat
07-10-2005, 01:25 PM
They can and I think they will.

Gamble
07-10-2005, 05:08 PM
I highly doubt the Bulls will make it. Curry was a monster last year but
he is going to have problems with the old ticker again. Heart issues just don't
go away with rest.

McClintic Sphere
07-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I think the Bucks are going to be pretty good. Bogut is a very skilled passing big man and I think people underestimate that as a cause for Bobby Simmons and Redd wanting to play there. They knew that in Cleveland they would be behind LeBron and Z for time with the ball. They could be tough to handle offensively. I fear them way more than the Cavs right now. Plus, it looks like TJ Ford is ready to go. We have no one who can guard him.:
http://www.hoopshype.com/interviews/ford_calkins.htm

Kegboy
07-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Really, Indiana and Detroit are the only locks. Cleveland and Chicago could screw up their signings this summer, or an injury or two could easily keep either out. The stars would really have to be aligned in Milwaukee's favor to get in, IMO.

grace
07-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Really, Indiana and Detroit are the only locks.

:slap: Didn't I ever teach you that you NEVER say thingsw like something is a lock or something can't get worse. When we don't make the playoffs it's on YOUR head!

:duh: :shakehead

Kegboy
07-10-2005, 10:15 PM
:slap:

:wah:

I'm telling Mom!!

As for:

Didn't I ever teach you that you NEVER say thingsw like something is a lock or something can't get worse. When we don't make the playoffs it's on YOUR head!

:duh: :shakehead

Uh, after making the playoffs this year, the team would have to be blown-up, literally, to not make the playoffs. So, okay, when Al-Quida hits Conseco, sure, it's all my fault.

Isaac
07-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Pacers, Pistons, Heat, Bulls, Wizards, Cavs, Nets, Celtics, Sixers, Bucks (depending on how good Bogut is) all have a chance to make it next year.