PDA

View Full Version : Forum Party is Today!!!!! - The menu (post #31)

Jose Slaughter
07-09-2005, 12:27 AM
This is just the general info for all those new to the board.

For several years now, members of the forum have been getting together a couple times a year to talk Pacers, over some pizza.

Once during the summer, usually a Saturday following the college draft, then again a couple weeks into the new season in October or early November we have a little casual meet & greet for everyone.

We've come across a fairly nice loaction on the northeast side of Indianapolis, the Castleton area to be exact. There's a Pizza King a little east of the Mall that has served us well.

This summers party will start a little earlier than those before. I have us down for a 5 o'clock tip off on July 16th.

For those new to the forum here are the basic things ya need to know.

1. Everyone is invited. Doesn't matter if you post 30 times a day or if you only come here to read what others write. As long as you know about the forum, & the party, you are welcome.

2. Timing means nothing. What I mean by this is...........

You can come when you want, you can leave when you want. It's all up to you. You just want to stop by for 5 minutes, no problem.

We'll be there from around 5, til 9 then we'll move things either to Perkins.

3. The Big Payback. We chip in for the grub. The pizza, soft drinks & tip for our fine waitresses run about 10 bucks each.

The Pizza King does serve other items if pizza is not your thing or if you care for something a little stronger than Pepsi. I'll leave that ordering, & paying, up to you.

If this is something you think you might like to do, just let me know in a post, in this thread.

Jose Slaughter
07-09-2005, 12:29 AM
I'll need to call in an approximate head count on the 12th. Even though last minute additions to the party are always welcome if you know by the 12th if it looks like you can make it, please let me know. As of now it looks like we will have a couple dozen but that number could be closer to 3 dozen before the end of the week.

This one is gonna be a blast. I hope some of you guys not sure about coming will give it a little more thought.

With less than 2 weeks to go before the party I'd like to pass along some info.

The Pizza King is locatred at 82nd & Center Run Drive. The restaurant shares their building with a liqour store (separate entrance) in the middle of the parking lot.

To the north is the The Burlington Coat Factory

to the south Red Lobster

to the east, Hooters.

If you need further info you could call them at 577-4040 or contact me.

I'll need to contact the owners about 4 days before the party to give them a head count. This is just ball park numbers so if you decide at the last minute you'd like to attend, (Grace) you're welcome to.

Finally, if you have any suggestions for what type pizza to order, let me know. We'll most likely start out with a meat lovers, one with everything & maybe a pineapple-pepperoni. We can always order more but your input is welcome, after all, you have to eat it. You might as well have a say in what we order.

Castleton Pizza King

5:00, Saturday July 16

Pizza King will close shortly after 9. For those that are interested we will meet at Perkins (82nd & Allisonville) shortly afterwards.

Those that have expressed interest in attending.........37 :-o

Alabama-Redneck & guest
Believe_in_blue
Big Mac
Btowncolt
Burnzone
Diamond Dave
Doug
Fire the Coach
Gamble
Gilpdawg
Harmonica
Harddrive7
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy Geezer
J33J
Jesus Shuttlesworth
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
McClintic Sphere
Mrs. RWB
PB777
Peck
Pizza Guy
RWB
Rabidpacersfan
Roaming Gnome
Shade
Skaut Ech
Speed Freak
Spicoli
Tim
Uncle Buck
Vicious Tyrant

The Maybe's

Jay@section 204
Naturallystoned
Owl
Pig Nash
Ragnar
Soup is Good

Waiting to hear from

Pacer Crazy

obnoxiousmodesty
07-09-2005, 12:58 AM
As I feared, I'm not going to be able to attend. Yay work.

Have fun kids.

Lord Helmet
07-09-2005, 01:09 AM
I can't go, either.

MagicRat
07-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Since Hurricane Dennis cut my vacation short by 9 days, I should be able to attend. Count me for showing up at some point now.

That cinches it. I'm out......:mad:

Suaveness
07-09-2005, 08:43 AM
I could sure use one of those rent-a-helicopters right about now.....

SycamoreKen
07-09-2005, 09:01 AM
I want to wish you guys happy partying now since I'll be out of town and away from the computer this week. I will make it to one of these things one day.

rabid
07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I should be able to make it.

Evan_The_Dude
07-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I have to cancel my spot to attend. My flight to Indy is being put back 2 weeks because of a few things that came up here in Cali. :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gamble
07-10-2005, 12:56 AM
I'll be there with my Warsteiner.

Tim
07-10-2005, 09:27 AM
I plan to be there.

Jose Slaughter
07-10-2005, 12:27 PM
I'll be there with my Warsteiner.

Excellent, I have no clue as to what a "Warsteiner" is, but I've always wanted to see one............ I think?

I plan to be there.

Yes ! :)

Kraft
07-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Warsteiner is great, great German beer. Anyone ever had it in Germany? Mmmmmm ....

Harmonica
07-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Excellent, I have no clue as to what a "Warsteiner" is, but I've always wanted to see one............ I think?

WARSTEINER Premium Verum is a pilsner style beer with a smooth, rich-full bodied taste wrapped in a thick creamy head and a refreshing hop finish with no aftertaste. Warsteiner quenches the beer lover's thirst for a clean, crisp, refreshing beer taste.

Product tip: WARSTEINER Premium Verum tastes best when chilled to a temperature between 46 and 50 degrees.

foretaz
07-10-2005, 01:32 PM
WARSTEINER Premium Verum is a pilsner style beer with a smooth, rich-full bodied taste wrapped in a thick creamy head and a refreshing hop finish with no aftertaste. Warsteiner quenches the beer lover's thirst for a clean, crisp, refreshing beer taste.

Product tip: WARSTEINER Premium Verum tastes best when chilled to a temperature between 46 and 50 degrees.

http://www.warsteiner-usa.com/aboutWarsteiner.jsp

MagicRat
07-10-2005, 01:34 PM

I think it's beer....:whoknows:

Jose Slaughter
07-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I think it's beer....:whoknows:

Thats kinda what I was thinkin' :buddies:

kerosene
07-10-2005, 04:40 PM
We used to get those little kegs of "Vaaarrrsteiner" in college. What were those? A couple of gallons maybe? Memories becoming hazy...

Shade
07-11-2005, 01:05 AM
I prefer to call it "Wolfensteiner." The logos also look eerily similar... :uhoh:

Jose Slaughter
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
I wanted everyone to know that Alabama Redneck has made plans to attend.

OnlyPacersLeft
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
I'd go but I don't have 10$ :(...And Id feel pretty stupid sitting there with no soda or pizza. :(
lol

RWB
07-11-2005, 09:54 AM
I wanted everyone to know that Alabama Redneck has made plans to attend.

That's great.

Maybe Kegboy can convince GRACE into coming. You know Mrs. RWB can handle her own, but with Grace there they could probably out talk the guys.

grace
07-11-2005, 06:08 PM
That's great.

Maybe Kegboy can convince GRACE into coming. You know Mrs. RWB can handle her own, but with Grace there they could probably out talk the guys.

:spitout: Obviously, you don't know me at all. I'm not a big talker especially around people I don't know. And then when there's people I don't agree with I don't say a word. I just sit quietly and wait for my head to explode. It's not a pretty sight; therefore, I'll stay home. Thanks anyway.

Will Galen
07-11-2005, 06:20 PM
[REMINDER] I want pictues this time!

Kegboy
07-11-2005, 06:24 PM

I think the only problem at Christmas was only 5 guys showed up due to the blizzard, and none had a camera.

But if MagicRat does show, I'm sure you'll have pictures, audio, hi-res video, dental x-rays and MRI scans of everyone there. And that's before he starts photoshopping. :blush:

wickedstick
07-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks like I'll be out of the state for this weekend. I'll catch another forum party.

gilpdawg
07-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm still planning on attending. Make sure you guys have plenty of Pepperoni for me.:)

MagicRat
07-11-2005, 07:38 PM
:spitout: Obviously, you don't know me at all. I'm not a big talker especially around people I don't know. And then when there's people I don't agree with I don't say a word. I just sit quietly and wait for my head to explode. It's not a pretty sight; therefore, I'll stay home. Thanks anyway.

I've been to about 1.25 of these things and said approximately 12 words......I don't think you can use that as an excuse......

Jose Slaughter
07-12-2005, 03:19 AM
With about 30 people I think we'll start off with 4 pizza's

1 with the works

1 meat lovers

1 veggie

1 sauage - pepperoni

2nd round will depend on the crowd but I'm thinking something like...

the works
meat lovers
pineapple - pepperoni

Suggestions are welcome

Unclebuck
07-12-2005, 08:46 AM
How many people did we have at the last two parties. Did we have 30? Are going to have more than one table

Jose Slaughter
07-12-2005, 09:40 AM
I think we had 23 last summer. I'd have to go thread searching to make surem but it's close.

We will have a different set up this time.

In the past we have had 4 or 5 little tables put end to end to make one long one. Think the Last Supper. They said a more sqaure set up is workable, we'll see.

With that many people they may need to put us out in the larger dinning area.

McClintic Sphere
07-12-2005, 10:04 AM
I just checked with the wifey, and she okayed my attendence, so it looks like I will be there. She works until 4:30 but I'm only about 5 miles away, and should be able to make it by 5:30ish. I know no one so I'm looking forward to meeting you all. (Pay at the pump, right?)

Suaveness
07-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Also, all 30 may not be there at the same time, it could be varied.

Jose Slaughter
07-13-2005, 09:36 AM
bump

SjA3837
07-13-2005, 09:44 AM
I can't make it, i'm visiting my cousins in Lousville. And afterwards going to six flags for my 16th birthday. (which was yesterday):-p

When will the next one be? I'll be able to drive to that one... :cool:

RWB
07-13-2005, 09:53 AM
I can't make it, i'm visiting my cousins in Lousville. And afterwards going to six flags for my 16th birthday. (which was yesterday):-p

Happy birthday, cake+rollercoaster= make sure you're in the back row. ;)

Jose Slaughter
07-13-2005, 11:29 AM

Read the 2nd paragraph of the 1st post. :rolleyes:

SjA3837
07-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Read the 2nd paragraph of the 1st post. :rolleyes:
Sorry :blush:

Hicks
07-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Jay, are you going to be make it? I still owe you $20 towards the reggie site.

ChicagoJ
07-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Jay, are you going to be make it? I still owe you $20 towards the reggie site.

I've got a hunch that I'm going to be here (at the office) all weekend. :(

Suaveness
07-13-2005, 09:50 PM
AHHh this sucks. I really wanted to come

Do you guys want to airmail me some pizza? I need food

Lord Helmet
07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Agreed!

Get good ones, too! Make sure they're not too dark, because dark images don't show up too well on my monitor for some odd reason.....

Jose Slaughter
07-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Anybody planning on bringing a camera?

MagicRat
07-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Anybody planning on bringing a camera?

I might....

Lord Helmet
07-14-2005, 12:09 AM
I might....
Might? :lmao: Don't try to act like you won't. :laugh:

We all know you will............

:D

Kegboy
07-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I might....

I'm still trying to figure out how he'll fit the CAT-scan machine under the table. Even if it's one of those open models, that's gonna be tough.

Jose Slaughter
07-14-2005, 01:58 AM
Thats why they call him Magic rat

Eindar
07-14-2005, 06:36 AM
This party is on my birthday, lol

MagicRat
07-14-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how he'll fit the CAT-scan machine under the table. Even if it's one of those open models, that's gonna be tough.

I don't know if I shared this or not, but as of last year everything was normal.....

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kegboycatscan.jpg

Suaveness
07-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh man...you know what, maybe it's a good idea I'm not going....

Suaveness
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Worried that your CAT scan is going to just show a naked picture of Dennis?

I thought Dennis was at your place?

pizza guy
07-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Well, anyways, back to the thread topic....

hoopsforlife (dad) and i will be at the forum party saturday. I traded my shift at work just to be with you guys.

What was I smoking?

Well, we'll be there.

Will Galen
07-14-2005, 05:03 PM
I don't know if I shared this or not, but as of last year everything was normal.....

Which Kegboy is that? And is that a loose ball bearing in the center?

One more thing. Anybody expecting a trade Saturday?

indygeezer
07-14-2005, 05:09 PM

Yes Doctor, she's dialated to 12 centimeters.....the baby should be coming along anytime now.

PHC Fan
07-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I've been to about 1.25 of these things and said approximately 12 words......I don't think you can use that as an excuse......
And now, the twelve words that MagicRat has spoken at Forum parties.....

"Time for pictures....darn it Peck, would you please stop screwing around?"

Tim
07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
I'd go but I don't have 10$ :(...And Id feel pretty stupid sitting there with no soda or pizza. :(
lol

Please go I got you covered

Tim
07-14-2005, 06:08 PM

Please go, especially if you didn't want Al traded. The more people there to meet the better.

Suaveness
07-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Please go I got you covered

While you are covering people, want to cover a train ride to and back again from Chicago? :D

Tim
07-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Which Kegboy is that? And is that a loose ball bearing in the center?

One more thing. Anybody expecting a trade Saturday?

oh boy

Tim
07-14-2005, 06:20 PM
While you are covering people, want to cover a train ride to and back again from Chicago? :D

You wanted Al traded, remember.

Suaveness
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
You wanted Al traded, remember.

Uh....that was my evil twin brother? :blush:

gilpdawg
07-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it now. You'll either see me or you won't.

Los Angeles
07-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Looks like a lot of crow will be served this year.

Wish I could finally meet some of you, but circumstances keep me here. Everybody have fun!

Skaut_Ech
07-14-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm back online...finally!! I just bought my very first house! :signit::) and they keep pushing back the date for my getting my DSL transfered. :mad::bs: They finally gave me a solid date of July 20 to be back to full strength :rolleyes:, so till then, I guess I'm a dial-up guy. This is the first chance I've had to even take a peek on here, since this site is blocked at work.

Just wanted to drop a line to say that I'll be there right at the onset. I've got some late nite plans Saturday night, :buddies:but early evening I shall allow you all to bask in the glory that is me. I won't be eating but a slice or two of Za, so get a nice cold beer ready for me.

McClintic Sphere
07-14-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm back online...finally!! I just bought my very first house! :signit::) and they keep pushing back the date for my getting my DSL transfered. :mad::bs: They finally gave me a solid date of July 20 to be back to full strength :rolleyes:, so till then, I guess I'm a dial-up guy. This is the first chance I've had to even take a peek on here, since this site is blocked at work.

Just wanted to drop a line to say that I'll be there right at the onset. I've got some late nite plans Saturday night, :buddies:but early evening I shall allow you all to bask in the glory that is me. I won't be eating but a slice or two of Za, so get a nice cold beer ready for me.

Skaut Ech,
I'm still ashamedly mesmerized by your avatar. Wherever, did you get that?.....Anyway, welcome back to the forum. There's still a huge anti-Bender faction here who love nothing as much as full-throated denunciation of everything associated with him (In case you were worried they had gone away)
Well, I hope to toss down a few cold ones Sat.nite with everybody and toast to Bender's continued well-being.

Skaut_Ech
07-14-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't know where I found that avatar. It was someplace I didn't expect it, like a PC self help forum or something. I was like you, I just kept staring at it, then I knew the jiggling little cherub must be mine! Yeah, it might actually be funny to bring up Bender, given my change in postion about him.

McClintic Sphere
07-14-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't know where I found that avatar. It was someplace I didn't expect it, like a PC self help forum or something. I was like you, I just kept staring at it, then I knew the jiggling little cherub must be mine! Yeah, it might actually be funny to bring up Bender, given my change in postion about him.

I blew the thing up in windows picture and fax viewer and it looks like it runs backwords and sped up to increase the outre chaos. As Diane Keaton said in Sleeper, "It's keen. . . No, it's better than keen... it's Koogat!"

Peck
07-15-2005, 12:23 AM

I am thrilled that you will be there.

Also congrats on the new home. My wife & I just purchased our first new home as well on June 1.

Jose Slaughter
07-15-2005, 06:24 AM
We have almost 3 dozen people that have said they could be there.

If your name is not on the list you are still welcome to attend. All the list does is help me track how many we could have. If you read the forum, even if you just "lurk", you can join us tomorrow.

Heres the plan.

The Pizza King opens at 4:30

Our party is scheduled to start around 5

We should get the first wave of pizza around 5:30

Pizza King closes at 9:00 so we'll leave between 9 & maybe 9:15.

For those that are interested we will re-group at Perkins at the corner of 82nd & Allisonville Road.

indygeezer
07-15-2005, 06:41 AM
We have almost 3 dozen people that have said they could be there.

If your name is not on the list you are still welcome to attend. All the list does is help me track how many we could have. If you read the forum, even if you just "lurk", you can join us tomorrow.

Heres the plan.

The Pizza King opens at 4:30

Our party is scheduled to start around 5

We should get the first wave of pizza around 5:30

Pizza King closes at 9:00 so we'll leave between 9 & maybe 9:15.

For those that are interested we will re-group at Perkins at the corner of 82nd & Allisonville Road.

Here the deal...I think the war lord wants a family trip to Nashville that means walking around town, then dinner, then going to the inn to see my cousin perform. If I speak to her afterwards and then head straight home, I figure I MIGHT be there about 10:00 at the earliest. PERKINS RIGHT? Now those plans could get postponed or they could expand who knows? But I will try to be there. (I shouldn't have beer or pizza anyway)

grace
07-15-2005, 01:22 PM

Obviously you have your records all mixed up. No way in :censored: is that Kegboy's brain. Why? Do you see a Pacemate on it?

Unclebuck
07-15-2005, 08:47 PM
So they close at 9:00 Now. it used to be 10:00

Kegboy
07-15-2005, 09:38 PM
So they close at 9:00 Now. it used to be 10:00

Okay, good. I found it hard to believe we stood in the parking lot for 4 hours last year. 3 sounds much less insane.

Shade
07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Okay, good. I found it hard to believe we stood in the parking lot for 4 hours last year. 3 sounds much less insane.

It just seemed that long because of the anticipation of Tim's impending collision with the Burlington Coat Factory. :laugh:

Suaveness
07-15-2005, 10:43 PM
It just seemed that long because of the anticipation of Tim's impending collision with the Burlington Coat Factory. :laugh:

Oh dear that was too funny...I mean, I thought he was actually going to do it!

Good thing I'm not coming this time....

Tim
07-16-2005, 12:27 AM
I wasn't going to commit suicide, and that still isn't funny.

Unclebuck
07-16-2005, 01:16 AM

That was the funniest thing ever. You were driving so slow, like you did not even care enough to drive fast

Jose Slaughter
07-16-2005, 01:22 AM
The sad part is we were all standing there watching him prepared to drive into the afterlife via a firey slow drive into a building & all we could do is stare & laugh.

Poor Tim

I wish we had a smiley that had burst into flames, just for him.

Shade
07-16-2005, 01:27 PM

It was hilarious. :lmao: Sorry, Tim, but it WAS really funny.

I should be there between 4:00 and 4:30 today. See y'all in a few! :cool:

Kegboy
07-16-2005, 02:28 PM

Don't worry Tim. We would have had a collection and put up a nice shiny plaque for you at the front door.

Vicious Tyrant
07-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Kind of last minute, but I took the kids to playtime this morning and let my wife take an extended break. I think I can use my "currency" to take the evening off and join you all!

See you tonight around 7-8ish!

sweabs
07-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Have a good time guys! I'm hoping that the game I attend in Indiana next year might be around the same time as the next forum party and hope to meet some of you.

Hicks
07-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I was going to head out around 3:45 to get there (meaning I'd be there a little after 4:30). But if a few of you are going to be there early, I may head out a little sooner.

See you all tonight!

Jose Slaughter
07-16-2005, 04:44 PM
This might be a little late for some of you but they don't open intil 4:30

Kegboy
07-16-2005, 04:47 PM
This might be a little late for some of you but they don't open intil 4:30

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Oh well, they're adept at standing in the parking lot.

Lord Helmet
07-16-2005, 05:23 PM
You guys better have some pictures..........

Ragnar
07-17-2005, 12:19 AM
**** I was actually planning on going and completely forgot about it. I have been so busy the last couple of days I lost all track of days. Well maybe the next one. I need to get my phone number to one of you guys that always go and have someone call me the day of to remind me.

MagicRat
07-17-2005, 12:57 AM
I left the Perkins at about 20 minutes after 11. Peck, Kegboy, Gnome, gamble, UB, Jose, Shade, BelieveinBlue and Hicks were still going strong......

(and for the record I said 7 words.....)

Harmonica
07-17-2005, 01:53 AM
I left the Perkins at about 20 minutes after 11. Peck, Kegboy, Gnome, gamble, UB, Jose, Shade, BelieveinBlue and Hicks were still going strong......

If that. ;) At Pizza King, at least. Didn't make it to Perkins.

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Well, it's officially over. We suprisingly survived Peck leaving, and even petered on after Gnome left, but Jose leaving officially killed it. We quickly degenerated into a conversation about X-Men 3, so we knew it was time to call it quits.

The final group was Hicks, Shade, UB, BelieveinBlue, and myself.

indygeezer
07-17-2005, 08:07 AM

Not true...I counted 15 directed to me alone.

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Not true...I counted 15 directed to me alone.

Yep, he used at least 25 ribbing me on my binocular use at games.