PDA

View Full Version : Time to hibernate

indygeezer
07-08-2005, 09:15 PM
THIS IS KILLING ME TO SAY THIS, BUT....

Folks, I've had just enough of my favorite beverage to realize the the Pacers are done for this off-season. We don't have the money, the roster position, or the need to make any changes this year. (I personally disagree with part of that notion but ...oh well, my beverage makes it palatable).

Even if we do an ETO on Cro or Bender or whoever, it will be to save the tax NOT to allow us to use the MLE. So don't look there for any saving grace.

Our roster is full...all positions are covered including "bench fodder". You don't re-sign AJ to a long-term deal if you think you're going after some Euro-stud. You don't pick up FA's if your already have 15-16 people under contract.

If you are DW or LB, you don't get rid of any of your players until you've seen them play together an entire season. Especially since half the team are such damaged goods you couldn't trade them for Ron Mercer right now.

Nope, we're done. May as well take a nap and come back in the fall becasue there ain't nothing happenin' 'round here. Ignore all the rumors because that is just what they are...rumors. Rumors started either by some agent or some blogger with nothing better to do.

SOme of ya are gonna gleefully agree with me and some won't, it don't matter cause ya see, if I'm wrong, y'all will let me know and I'll happily admit I was wrong (see when you get old you realize that it doesn't hurt to be wrong once in a while) and if it turns out that I'm right? Well even a blind squirrel......

Jermaniac
07-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I agree with you. We are going to do nothing this offseason but re-sign JJ and Dale.

SoupIsGood
07-08-2005, 09:27 PM
I think I pretty much agree with you. We will probably re-sign Dale, we might re-sign James, and there's a slight chance we nab Sarunas.

Other than that, I don't think a whole lot will happen. I sure would like an upgrade at starting center, though. I'm hoping that guy will eventually by David, and I'm starting to think Larry might be hoping that too.

indygeezer
07-08-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree with you. We are going to do nothing this offseason but re-sign JJ and Dale.

Somehow, I knew you'd be the first to agree. I'm not even sure we'll re-sign those two tho. DD did nothing to distinguish himself during the PO's and JJ has become redundant...Besides, Granger will be cheaper right now, even if only a few hundred thou cheaper.

indygeezer
07-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I think I pretty much agree with you. We will probably re-sign Dale, we might re-sign James, and there's a slight chance we nab Sarunas.

Other than that, I don't think a whole lot will happen. I sure would like an upgrade at starting center, though. I'm hoping that guy will eventually by David, and I'm starting to think Larry might be hoping that too.

Soup...I'd love to grap the Lithium kid and I pray for an upgrade at the 5...I jsut don't think we'll do any of it tho. We will go AT LEAST 1/2 season with this group to see what they can do. Unfortunately, IMO, this group does great in the early season, falters at AS break, and can only get so far in the PO's before the really good teams overtake them.

Gamble
07-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Soup...I'd love to grap the Lithium kid and I pray for an upgrade at the 5...I jsut don't think we'll do any of it tho. We will go AT LEAST 1/2 season with this group to see what they can do. Unfortunately, IMO, this group does great in the early season, falters at AS break, and can only get so far in the PO's before the really good teams overtake them.
Well I am saying right now if we nab Sarunas he will be in diry need of a
nickname. I mean how are we going to chant that mess at a game.
In anycase he is our best chance of getting past Detriot and into the Finals.
My prediction is Dale will sign for the minimal and James will be second to
Sarunas on getting a deal. As for Austin he will be cut to get under the penality.
The Simionites where pretty clear on not wanting to dump cash into the
NBA especially if there going to gutt us with suspensions. Hopefully, Clevland's
lithium center will suck up the rest of their money so our deals are atleast
around the same. At the end of it all we will be at the confrence finals facing
a nasty game six with a bunch of guys able to take a shot.

Will Galen
07-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Nope, we're done. May as well take a nap and come back in the fall becasue there ain't nothing happenin' 'round here. Ignore all the rumors because that is just what they are...rumors. Rumors started either by some agent or some blogger with nothing better to do.

I don't agree! Because of this this rumor!

"We're not done yet," Bird said. (after drafting Danny Granger) "We've still got some things we want to do. We solidified two positions tonight, so that does a lot for us."

Hmmm, guess that's not a rumor since it's coming from Bird. (grin)

McKeyFan
07-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I suspect a Tinsley trade is in the works. That's why AJ got that contract.

Jermaniac
07-08-2005, 11:53 PM
AJ got a 4 year,9 million dollar deal last year, Jamaal gets a 6 year 40 million dollar year? And a trade is in the works a year after. WTF

Young
07-08-2005, 11:58 PM
I bet we make 1 or 2 trades.

- One may invole Scot Pollard.
- The other will invole either Tinsley, Jackson, Artest, or O'Neal. My money is on Tinsley going by by.

Maybe re-sign Dale, James will probably bolt to Miami, and also maybe we sign Saurnas.

SoupIsGood
07-09-2005, 12:05 AM
I really don't want Tinsley to leave. I'd much rather just go the "three capable PG's" route. I think Tinsley can be special.

Plus I really like watching him.

kellogg
07-09-2005, 12:50 AM
I just don't see too much happening, no matter what Bird says. He and DW aren't in the habit of doing deals just for doing deals sake. I can easily see Pollard getting sent away and Croshere getting the axe via the CBA deal...JJ seems to be less important now that Granger is here (especially if someone offers him crazy money)...same with DD now that Harrison is healthy and needs the minutes.

In other words, any transactions will be pretty anticlimatic to nonexistant.

Fool
07-09-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't know about all this. Its VERY early and so far the only people signed are those with teams throwing WAY too much money at them.

Kegboy
07-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I wish we were done, but I can't shake the feeling Larry's gonna swoop down and **** things up. :(