PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about NBA TV

birdman
07-08-2005, 01:14 PM
I know these have probably been answered before but I can't find the threads. How much does NBA TV cost? I have heard it is a lot cheaper than League Pass, but how much do you get on NBA TV? Is NBA TV available for digital cable customers (Insight)?

rabid
07-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Can't get it on Insight, not in Bloomington at least. Down here you have to get it through the dish network. Through them NBATV is offered as part of a special sports package that costs around 6 or 7 dollars a month I think. But that's on top of other services/packages you already need to have, so in those terms I think it's pretty expensive.

Granville
07-08-2005, 01:18 PM
It is part of my expanded sports package on DirectTV. As such, I don't know what the individual cost is, but the expanded sports package is like $10 a month.

It has some games, but not a whole bunch like League Pass. The thing I like about it is the postgame coverage (especially in the post season). ESPN News or other outlets will switch away, but NBA TV provides coverage of every second of the post game remarks (again post season).

They also have some decent shows.

Lord Helmet
07-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Don't get me started on Insight...:unimpress I'm sure Insight could get it, if they wanted, but the feel as if they don't need too.

PacerFan31
07-08-2005, 01:47 PM
They could, I called Insight about it once when the commercials were on for the free trial or w/e, the lady on the other end told me that they "chose not to carry" that package. I'm glad they chose to carry NFL Network though.

Lord Helmet
07-08-2005, 01:53 PM
They could, I called Insight about it once when the commercials were on for the free trial or w/e, the lady on the other end told me that they "chose not to carry" that package. I'm glad they chose to carry NFL Network though.
Chose to not carry the package? :rolleyes: I hate them. I like NFL Network, but I want NBA TV.

Seems to me they could "choose to carry that package" . I mean a lot of people want NBA TV.

SoupIsGood
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Speaking of NBATV, Ron's all-star appearance (2004) is going to be played in two and a half hours.

Los Angeles
07-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Chose to not carry the package? :rolleyes: I hate them. I like NFL Network, but I want NBA TV.

Seems to me they could "choose to carry that package" . I mean a lot of people want NBA TV.
I've got a package they could carry.

;)

Ragnar
07-08-2005, 02:26 PM
I have never heard or seen anything about being able to get NBA tv on its own. If you get league pass you should get NBA TV with it. League pass is well worth the money at only 150 a year. Your cable provider will probably even break that up over a few bills if you dont want to shell out the 150 at once.

Lord Helmet
07-08-2005, 04:09 PM
I have never heard or seen anything about being able to get NBA tv on its own. If you get league pass you should get NBA TV with it. League pass is well worth the money at only 150 a year. Your cable provider will probably even break that up over a few bills if you dont want to shell out the 150 at once.
Yeah. But, see my provider (Insight) doesn't feel like getting LP. :mad::rolleyes:

Ragnar
07-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah. But, see my provider (Insight) doesn't feel like getting LP. :mad::rolleyes:

Ahh but Direct Tv does and they are probably cheaper anyway.

SycamoreKen
07-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Does Direct TV still go out when it rains? I always hated that.