PDA

View Full Version : Redd staying with the Bucks

Unclebuck
07-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Just read on Hoopshype.com that Redd is signing with the Bucks.

They would like to try to get Hughes now, but he is staying with the Wizards.

indygeezer
07-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Just read on Hoopshype.com that Redd is signing with the Bucks.

They would like to try to get Hughes now, but he is staying with the Wizards.

I saw that. They also mentioned Mobley as a possible.
How do you suppose this affects their chasing of the Lithuanian???

foretaz
07-07-2005, 09:44 AM
which only means they probably will be in a position to go after saras even harder.....though i still cant help but think that daniels is a better fit there....but with snow there they could actually sign them both....both daniels and saras can spend some time at the 2....

i wonder if they dont get redd if they will think about going harder after curry....seems theyd like to make some sort of splash and resigning Z wont necessarily do that....

but...no matter what....if redd doesnt sign with cleveland it probably increases the odds for them to sign saras...

though with mcmillan not going back to seattle....maybe they see if they can change ray allens mind...they can offer him about the same as seattle did....he agreed to a 5 year deal with seattle so the cavs can sign him to the same length....something tells me they might be able to get allen to change his mind given whats taken place in seattle....never can tell...

if not , and if theyre unable to get hughes, then they probably go after simmons from the clipps....and im kinda suprised they dont talk to jaric....

Will Galen
07-07-2005, 09:49 AM
but...no matter what....if redd doesnt sign with cleveland it probably increases the odds for them to sign saras...

Debatable. Sarunas wants to play for a contender. Not getting Redd hurts Cleveland.

foretaz
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Debatable. Sarunas wants to play for a contender. Not getting Redd hurts Cleveland.

the way i look at it is this....if they resign Z, his best bud....in their eyes it can be argued they are a contender....contender means different things to different people...

if Z and saras are signed....they still have a ton of money to sign someone else....so they should be a playoff team....a playoff team is a contender to alot of people....

now...they wont be the contender that we will be....but then again...his best friend doesnt play for us either....plus u have the lebron factor....a chance to play with one of the very best players in the league....no real point guard of note....probably more playing time....more money...

nope..not as good a contender....but i feel cleveland probably has the inside track and the upper hand...and god i hate saying that

Fool
07-07-2005, 10:00 AM
I was looking forward to seeing Redd and Lebron together. Now I really hope Ford comes back or else its a real loss, fan wise.

indygeezer
07-07-2005, 01:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2102454

Updated: July 7, 2005, 1:00 PM ET
Agent: Redd wants to end career with BucksAssociated Press
Related Video:
T.J. Ford on his comeback from spinal cord surgery

Coveted free agent Michael Redd agreed Thursday to re-sign with the Milwaukee Bucks, choosing to stay with the only NBA team he's played for over LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"He's going to get a max deal in Milwaukee for $90 to $96 million, depending on what the cap is, over six years," Redd's agent, Kevin Poston, told The Associated Press early Thursday afternoon. "Michael started his career in Milwaukee and hopes to end it there, too.

"It was a tough decision between the Bucks and the Cavaliers, but Michael's heart is in Milwaukee and he's excited about his future there," Poston added.

Redd, who was the top remaining free agent available, met with James and Cavs officials in Cleveland on Wednesday, one day after meeting with the Bucks.

The 6-foot-6 shooting guard averaged a career-high 23 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists last season. He has averaged 17.7 points while making 39.4 percent of his 3-point shots since Milwaukee drafted him in second round, with the 43rd overall pick, in the 2000 NBA draft.

Poston said Redd, who turns 26 in August, is excited about playing with former Utah center Andrew Bogut, the No. 1 pick overall in last month's draft, and for the Bucks' next coach.

"Michael had Andrew have spoken at great length and are really looking forward to starting something special in Milwaukee," said Poston, an agent based in suburban Detroit. "We also know who the Bucks are focused in on to be their next coach, and Michael is very comfortable with him."

The Bucks signed Bogut to a multiyear contract last week and have been searching for a new coach since firing Terry Porter last month. ESPN.com's Andy Katz reported Thursday that the Bucks are expected to hire Warriors assistant Terry Stotts.

NEXT????

oops, thanks

Harmonica
07-07-2005, 01:47 PM
"It was a tough decision between the Bucks and the Cavaliers, but Michael's heart is in Milwaukee and he's excited about his future there," Poston added.

I think they left off a part of his quote:

"It was a tough decision between the Bucks and the Cavaliers, but Michael's heart is in Milwaukee and he's excited about his future there. Plus, there was no way I was going to allow him to deny me my commission on the $20 million he would lose if he went to Cleveland. That'll buy a lot of cheese in Wisconsin," Poston added.

Will Galen
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
the way i look at it is this....if they resign Z, his best bud....in their eyes it can be argued they are a contender....contender means different things to different people...

if Z and saras are signed....they still have a ton of money to sign someone else....so they should be a playoff team....a playoff team is a contender to alot of people....

now...they wont be the contender that we will be....but then again...his best friend doesnt play for us either....plus u have the lebron factor....a chance to play with one of the very best players in the league....no real point guard of note....probably more playing time....more money...

nope..not as good a contender....but i feel cleveland probably has the inside track and the upper hand...and god i hate saying that

Best friends, where did you read that?

Outsider
07-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Sarunas was Big Z's best man at his wedding. That is where foretaz is getting the idea that they are best buds.

Outsider

Since86
07-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Best friends, where did you read that?

It was an earlier thread. It was an article explaining that Sara was the best man in Z's wedding.

Peck
07-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Yet another reason why it is a waste of time for the bottom feeder teams to drop below the cap in a huge way. Free agents very rarely move teams & when they do it is to a contender.

When I see moves like Baron Davis for Dale Davis & Speedy Claxton I just shake my head. New Orleans is going to be in the same boat as Atlanta in a couple of years, you cannot build a team through big name free agency.

You can make a good team better by that, but no free agent is ever going to want to go to a team that has no real chance of competing for a title.

In this case even the home state with the lure of a big name player on the team was not enough to move the player.

Anthem
07-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Dropping below the cap is very valuable, but not for free agency. It's valuable for the flexibility it gives you in trade scenarios.

The new CBA gives a little more flexibility, though, so it's less of a benefit.

Peck
07-07-2005, 03:15 PM
That's why I said "in a huge way".

I realize that getting below the cap allows more flexability in trades I guess I should have just made that clearer.

Hicks
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Even that's not as important now with the new CBA loosening the limitations of trades. 115% + 100k is now 125% + 100k.

Unclebuck
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Yet another reason why it is a waste of time for the bottom feeder teams to drop below the cap in a huge way. Free agents very rarely move teams & when they do it is to a contender.

When I see moves like Baron Davis for Dale Davis & Speedy Claxton I just shake my head. New Orleans is going to be in the same boat as Atlanta in a couple of years, you cannot build a team through big name free agency.

You can make a good team better by that, but no free agent is ever going to want to go to a team that has no real chance of competing for a title.

In this case even the home state with the lure of a big name player on the team was not enough to move the player.

Amen. Luckily I've heard DW say similar things, so I don't expect the Pacers to ever take this path.