PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi Wells: You can have him.

Kstat
07-07-2005, 02:41 AM
http://www.thestarpress.com/articles/8/042597-3018-006.html

Wells, a shooting guard, has told confidants he wants to play for Indiana or Detroit next season. (Pistons president Joe Dumars has said he isn't interested in Wells.)

Obviously, Wells has strong ties to both JO and Sheed.......

Wells should come home to Indiana. He'd be much happier there.

I'll even throw in a 2nd round pick. Just keep him away from us, please.

Jermaniac
07-07-2005, 02:44 AM
If Donnie and Larry want to improve this teams behavior and want them to get more mature, signing Bonzi Wells would not help them get that done.Man I hope we dont sign him.

foretaz
07-07-2005, 02:46 AM
no thanks....the pistons are the team that needs another wing player....we just added another one in the draft...we got more than enuff....

besides...he fits in better with the pistons....sheed, after all, was his mentor....

this is great....odds are getting better all the time....bonzi or jalen to the pistons.....should be a very entertaining year....now if they would just forgive LB and let him come back to that circus next year, it could be so fun....

Bball
07-07-2005, 02:46 AM
Does he drink milk?

-Bball

Bball
07-07-2005, 02:47 AM
no thanks....the pistons are the team that needs another wing player....we just added another one in the draft...we got more than enuff....

besides...he fits in better with the pistons....sheed, after all, was his mentor....

this is great....odds are getting better all the time....bonzi or jalen to the pistons.....should be a very entertaining year....now if they would just forgive LB and let him come back to that circus next year, it could be so fun....

Every circus needs a clown... maybe Rodman would consider 'unretiring' and return to Detroit?

;)
-Bball

foretaz
07-07-2005, 02:49 AM
If Donnie and Larry want to improve this teams behavior and want them to get more mature, signing Bonzi Wells would not help them get that done.Man I hope we dont sign him.

you know...as much as i think bonzi is a cancer....id almost take him and the one year i believe he would have left on his contract if they would take austin in return....

that being said.....it aint gonna happen....memphis is trying to cut payroll....

and thank god...bonzi is a truly talented player....just a shame he had to be brought up by sheed....

Kstat
07-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Nope, Bonzi is the kind of guy that can get himself suspended for the playoffs. I want no part of him.....

foretaz
07-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Does he drink milk?

-Bball

if he does, its definitely not whole milk....lowfat 2% or something

Kstat
07-07-2005, 02:52 AM
you know...as much as i think bonzi is a cancer....id almost take him and the one year i believe he would have left on his contract if they would take austin in return....

that being said.....it aint gonna happen....memphis is trying to cut payroll....

and thank god...bonzi is a truly talented player....just a shame he had to be brought up by sheed....

Yeah, cause Bonzi was such a choir boy before he came to the Blazers.....

Maybe if poor Rasheed hadn't been influenced by Jermaine O'Neal, this series of events would have never happened....

dagrubbs
07-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Bonzi is a quality player,if we were able to give up croshere for him i would take that in a heartbeat. He would be a great role player in Indiana.

aceace
07-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Bonzi is a quality player,if we were able to give up croshere for him i would take that in a heartbeat. He would be a great role player in Indiana. I was getting ready to say the exact same thing, I might even give up next years #1 if I was sure we were going to win 60 games just to get rid of that extra year on Cro's overpaid contract.

Kstat
07-07-2005, 02:59 AM
FYI, the Pistons don't have enough useless salary to trade for Bonzi, even if they wanted to. Bonzi would have to be let go, then beg Joe D to sign him for the minimum.

At least that way, we could release Wells in case problems arose, similiar to what the Lakers did with JR Rider.

I'd take Bonzi if and ONLY if we could get send him packing at any sign of trouble.

foretaz
07-07-2005, 03:00 AM

Maybe if poor Rasheed hadn't been influenced by Jermaine O'Neal, this series of events would have never happened....

now ur being silly.....and u know it....

i lived in portland when bonzi was drafted....thought it was kinda cool....bonzi was like a deer in headlights....and sheed took him under his wing....they soon called him sheed jr...

and the rest is history....sheed and his behavior problems soon became inculcated in his protege....thats why bonzis career has mirrored sheeds in so many ways, mostly the behavioral issues....

jo took on the personality of brian grant much more than sheed....and its not hard to see how that has played out as well....

Kstat
07-07-2005, 03:02 AM
now ur being silly.....and u know it....

i lived in portland when bonzi was drafted....thought it was kinda cool....bonzi was like a deer in headlights....and sheed took him under his wing....they soon called him sheed jr...

and the rest is history....sheed and his behavior problems soon became inculcated in his protege....thats why bonzis career has mirrored sheeds in so many ways, mostly the behavioral issues....

jo took on the personality of brian grant much more than sheed....and its not hard to see how that has played out as well....

You're right. I'm being every bit as silly as you blaming Bonzi's problems on Rasheed Wallace. Go back to Bonzi's ball st career. He was arguably a WORSE problem in college than he was in the pros.

JO took on the personality of Brian Grant? Uh, what? :laugh: Did Brian ever lead the NBA in technicals?

foretaz
07-07-2005, 03:04 AM
u know...i can truly see bonzi being a piston next year...i really can....i mean the arrogance of that front office will almost dictate that it happens....they did it with sheed...why couldnt they do it with bonzi? he fills a need...hes a great talent....and they can will his problems right out the door with their strong lockerroom....its a nobrainer if ur dumars....plus the fans will love him....

book it....bonzi is gonna be a piston...now its just a matter of how...

PacerNthaDesert
07-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Sorry to interupt Arguement # 152 between foretaz and Kstat but Bonzi hasn't been "that" bad as far as attitudes go. He was in a tough situation down in Memphis and we don't really know the details of it so its tough to judge him. When Bonzi is happy he is a fine NBA player and I think who ever can steal him next will get themselves a fine contributor.

Kstat
07-07-2005, 03:08 AM
u know...i can truly see bonzi being a piston next year...i really can....i mean the arrogance of that front office will almost dictate that it happens....they did it with sheed...why couldnt they do it with bonzi? he fills a need...hes a great talent....and they can will his problems right out the door with their strong lockerroom....its a nobrainer if ur dumars....plus the fans will love him....

Here we go again......

At this point I'll take the more obvious bait and respond with a retort, and you will come back with the "how dare you insult me" response, and then tell me that I'm being paranoid, and you're not taking cheap shots at me, and I'm just mad because you don't worship the Pistons, and that I need to take my holier-than-thou attitude elsewhere, because what you posted was perfectly innocent.

There. I just saved you a whole page of childish banter. Now drop it.

foretaz
07-07-2005, 03:16 AM
Here we go again......

At this point I'll take the more obvious bait and respond with a retort, and you will come back with the "how dare you insult me" response, and then tell me that I'm being paranoid, and you're not taking cheap shots at me, and I'm just mad because you don't worship the Pistons, and that I need to take my holier-than-thou attitude elsewhere, because what you posted was perfectly innocent.

There. I just saved you a whole page of childish banter. Now drop it.

naaa...im not interested in ur mundane banters....the sooner u understand i could give a crap about baiting u the better off u will be....u give urself way too much credit, its never about u....but thats where that arrogance comes in...u always think its about u....

frankly, im growing bored with u....ur responses are the same every time...its like programmed....

ull ignore the facts....misdirect...and then laugh....blah, blah, blah...

this is just another example....i say how i can truly see bonzi being a piston and why....

and u think its all about u....seriously....get a clue...

aceace
07-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Bonzi only has one year left on his contract, so if he wants another contract he needs to be a good citizen and team player. It is why I think he would be a good player next season. If he screws it up just waive him and take the loss.

foretaz
07-07-2005, 04:02 AM
Bonzi only has one year left on his contract, so if he wants another contract he needs to be a good citizen and team player. It is why I think he would be a good player next season. If he screws it up just waive him and take the loss.

yea....i tend to agree....if ever he is gonna have a decent year as far as behavior goes....it might be this upcoming one...that being said....i still would be leary of him, despite his talent....i just couldnt see giving anything else but croshere in a trade for him.....maybe bender....but that would be it....otherwise, hes too big of a gamble....memphis probably would be interested in pollard, but i dont even think i would do that...

that being said....i still think he ends up being a piston....we have plenty of wing players now....if jj would happen to bolt, then it might make a bit more sense....but if we sign saras i dont think it happens either....saras will get some back up minutes at the 2...frankly we just dont have room for him on the roster, without making some other moves...

clownskull
07-07-2005, 05:41 AM
positively no interest in bonzi. i read about him in the book "out of bounds"
he is not what we need. we don't need anymore of the difficult players.
i want bonzi about as much as i'd like to see us re-sighn bender when his contract is up.

Will Galen
07-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I was getting ready to say the exact same thing, I might even give up next years #1 if I was sure we were going to win 60 games just to get rid of that extra year on Cro's overpaid contract.

For Bonzi Wells? BAH HUMBUG ON THAT!

indygeezer
07-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Lezzee....they split up Wells and Sheed, and Sheed becomes a choirboy and wins a ring. HHHmmmmm. I say let's reunite the two in D-town AND throw JRose into the mix too.

I'd feel a whole lot more better then. :D

:devil:

Fool
07-07-2005, 09:45 AM
http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/30/E03-232478.htm

Q: Are the Pistons interested in trading for Bonzi Wells?

A: No. Dumars laughed when that rumor was brought to his attention. He has not had discussions with the Grizzlies about acquiring Wells.

foretaz
07-07-2005, 09:49 AM
http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/30/E03-232478.htm

yea....and i bet he wouldve said the exact same thing a month or 2 prior to trading for sheed...

what do u expect him to say??? yea we want bonzi?

Fool
07-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Direct that at McCosky and I'd agree, he was denying the Sheed trade (on a sports talk radio program) literally an hour before it happened. Either way, its far from a "book it" situation.

fwpacerfan
07-07-2005, 10:24 AM
I could see Bonzi having a very good year both on the court and in his head. Maybe, just maybe he has matured like Rasheed has. Maybe going to a contender will straighten him out, like it did Rasheed. It happens. That being said I don't want him on the Pacers.

Fool
07-07-2005, 10:29 AM
So is not getting kicked out of games and threatening people being "straightened out" ? Rasheed still picks up technicals seemingly every game and it does appear his complaining to the refs has rubbed off on the rest of the team.

fwpacerfan
07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
So is not getting kicked out of games and threatening people being "straightened out" ? Rasheed still picks up technicals seemingly every game and it does appear his complaining to the refs has rubbed off on the rest of the team.

In Rasheed's case it's a huge improvement. He does complain too much (as does JO) about the officiating.

Isaac
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
If Bonzi Wells were a point guard or a Power Forward, I would say go for it. But he plays sg or sf. There is no need for him.

Roy Munson
07-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I was getting ready to say the exact same thing, I might even give up next years #1 if I was sure we were going to win 60 games just to get rid of that extra year on Cro's overpaid contract.

Let me put this nicely:

That would be the most STUPID move the Pacers could ever make. Bonzi Wells is the leagues No. 1 P-U-N-K and would do nothing but destroy the team chemistry.

Since86
07-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Let me put this nicely:

That would be the most STUPID move the Pacers could ever make. Bonzi Wells is the leagues No. 1 P-U-N-K and would do nothing but destroy the team chemistry.

There's no chemistry to destroy. They already yell at each other and blame one another for losses, so you can't hold that against him.

Hicks
07-07-2005, 12:36 PM

Here's a thought: How about you NOT drag a thread even lower by adding this kind of crap to it? You are on a Pacers board, and even though most know you're not serious, you're still making an assinine comment about one of our players, which only pisses OTHER people off, rather than the one you were trying to "get back at". Think!

Savior-Self
07-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Foretaz:
kstat u are just a sad.... sad pistons fan..... u need to grow up and start acting like..... an adult.... stop.... trying to act like ur so much better than everyone else...... ur on a pacers board... go crawl back in ur hole.

Kstat:
Oh, I am so wrong for posting on a Pacers board as a Pistons fan. I shouldn't even use the internet because I'm a Pistons fan. In fact, I shouldn't even leave the house at this point because I am a Pistons fan. I see your point, Foretaz. :rolleyes:

Foretaz:
kstat.............ur right......u are an asinine pistons fan and all u do is insult people, go crawl back in ur hole.

Kstat:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I've yet to insult you at all, you peasant! You are such a hypocrit!

Foretaz:
no........ u r........why do u even post here............ this is a pacers board.

Moderator:
I'm moving this thread.

I think I hit the nail on the head pretty well, eh?

foretaz
07-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Foretaz:
kstat u are just a sad.... sad pistons fan..... u need to grow up and start acting like..... an adult.... stop.... trying to act like ur so much better than everyone else...... ur on a pacers board... go crawl back in ur hole.

Kstat:
Oh, I am so wrong for posting on a Pacers board as a Pistons fan. I shouldn't even use the internet because I'm a Pistons fan. In fact, I shouldn't even leave the house at this point because I am a Pistons fan. I see your point, Foretaz. :rolleyes:

Foretaz:
kstat.............ur right......u are an asinine pistons fan and all u do is insult people, go crawl back in ur hole.

Kstat:

Foretaz:
no........ u r........why do u even post here............ this is a pacers board.

Moderator:
I'm moving this thread.

cute :lol: :lol: :lol:

by the way....jordan sux.... :sarcasm: :duel: :cheers: :buddies:

Harmonica
07-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Foretaz:

Kstat:

Foretaz:

Kstat:

Foretaz:

Moderator:
I'm moving this thread.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/images/smilies/up.gif :lmao:

But please, don't do anything to discourage them. They make quite a comic duo.

Arcadian
07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
They are getting my vote for cutest couple next forum awards.

foretaz
07-07-2005, 02:11 PM

as long as he knows im a pitcher.....not a catcher....;) ;)

Since86
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM
as long as he knows im a pitcher.....not a catcher....;) ;)

The face on Elmer looks like a different story to me. :D

waxman
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
F-Bonzi.... wasn't it just a few short months ago he got kicked off the playoff roster... Yeah, I don't see him changing anytime soon... maybe a quick trip to Atlanta will change his attitude.. ala Sheed.

Since86
07-07-2005, 02:31 PM
maybe a quick trip to Atlanta will change his attitude.. ala Sheed.

:laugh: I don't think he's 12? days there really made a difference.

waxman
07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
:laugh: I don't think he's 12? days there really made a difference.

I dunno man...about 2 days there would change my whole perspective on my basketball career.

waxman
07-07-2005, 02:40 PM

Who? The Uber-Poster and Gay-Stat? Awe....how precious.

Where are the regulars....UB?....Peck?....Jay?. Takin the summer off.

Suaveness
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Uhhh....

....back to the thread, I don't want any part of Bonzi here. The guy isn't worth the trouble.

Anthem
07-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I'd trade Cro and a second-round pick for Bonzi in a heartbeat... and then attempt to buy him out. He could then go on and sign a contract this summer.

EDIT: Scratch that. He has a team option. We could cut him and pay him nothing.

Pollard, Croshere, Freddy, and an unprotected future first for Bonzi and Wright?

Hicks
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Who? The Uber-Poster and Gay-Stat? Awe....how precious.

Where are the regulars....UB?....Peck?....Jay?. Takin the summer off.

Gay insults? :unimpress

foretaz
07-07-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd trade Cro and a second-round pick for Bonzi in a heartbeat... and then attempt to buy him out. He could then go on and sign a contract this summer.

EDIT: Scratch that. He has a team option. We could cut him and pay him nothing.

Pollard, Croshere, Freddy, and an unprotected future first for Bonzi and Wright?

memphis is trying desperately to cut payroll....why would they do this trade...especially the croshere part....they might be interested in the pollard and a number 1 for wright....both players contracts end this season...they reduce a bit of payroll and wright wants out....though im not real sure why we would do that...

in fact im not sure why we would do any of it either....if they would take croshere for bonzi...then i know why we do it...not sure its worth the headcase...but i know why.....but memphis doesnt appear to have any inclination of doing that....

they can cut bonzi and lose his salary off their payroll....at best i would say they might take pollard for bonzi....but once again...do we really want that?

theres a decent chance hes cut and can be had for much cheaper....if not...who cares....let him go to detroit...maybe he can try and work his magic and unravel that team...

RWB
07-07-2005, 03:41 PM
let him go to detroit...maybe he can try and work his magic and unravel that team...

You reckon Darko might want to take cover? :laugh:

PacerMan
07-07-2005, 03:50 PM

Jermaine has never been a pothead. Rashweed on the other hand......

waxman
07-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Gay insults? :unimpress

K-Stats gotta thick skin....he's a rabid Piston fan (and aspiring sports writer) for chrissakes, he'd better have one.

In any case... I apologize K-stat.

PacerMan
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
http://www.thestarpress.com/articles/8/042597-3018-006.html

Obviously, Wells has strong ties to both JO and Sheed.......

Wells should come home to Indiana. He'd be much happier there.

I'll even throw in a 2nd round pick. Just keep him away from us, please.

I would want Bonzi Wells on the Pacers even LESS than I'd want Ron Artest. :)

OnlyPacersLeft
07-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Noooooooooooo! If we get wells he WON'T fit in here in indiana! He's a known racist!
so come on now. I'd still like to have him but I wouldn't give up Ronnie or JO or Jack... :)

circlecitysportsfan
07-07-2005, 07:38 PM

We can't trade Cro, then who would the fans give a loud unneccessary ovation everytime he got off the bench? We'd have to bring back Hoiberg or look Damon Bailey up.

Anthem
07-07-2005, 09:38 PM
We can't trade Cro, then who would the fans give a loud unneccessary ovation everytime he got off the bench? We'd have to bring back Hoiberg or look Damon Bailey up.

Foster's play has solidified him as the white fan favorite. He got more applause than Croshere in the playoffs.

foretaz
07-08-2005, 03:39 AM
i think the only way u even consider bringing wells to any team is if u have a starting spot for him...that seems to be the only way he might be somewhat content....

and i dont see the pacers ready to trade in jack for bonzi....

let him go to detroit....hed fit right in....he can be the lady with the beard.....

3ptmiller
07-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Noooooooooooo! If we get wells he WON'T fit in here in indiana! He's a known racist!
so come on now. I'd still like to have him but I wouldn't give up Ronnie or JO or Jack... :)

Wow, really!? I didnt knew that!

Since86
07-08-2005, 03:17 PM

Fit here in indiana, like the state, or the Pacers?

He was born/raised in Muncie IN. And still has tons of ties in the area. He just finished building his mom a new house right outside of town. He's also been known to show up at BSU football games. This year is his 2nd annual Bonzi Wells basketball camp here in Muncie, which he holds at a park instead of a HS or BSU.

If you're looking to say he'd have problems in the community your a mile off. Maybe a bad fit for the team, but IN the state, he'd be right at home literally.

PacerMan
07-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Fit here in indiana, like the state, or the Pacers?

He was born/raised in Muncie IN. And still has tons of ties in the area. He just finished building his mom a new house right outside of town. He's also been known to show up at BSU football games. This year is his 2nd annual Bonzi Wells basketball camp here in Muncie, which he holds at a park instead of a HS or BSU.

If you're looking to say he'd have problems in the community your a mile off. Maybe a bad fit for the team, but IN the state, he'd be right at home literally.

I guess you never heard what he said about "fans"? Or what they can do to him?

Since86
07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
I guess you never heard what he said about "fans"? Or what they can do to him?

Nope. Care to actually provide the quote?

fwpacerfan
07-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Nope. Care to actually provide the quote?

"We're not really going to worry about what (the fans) think about us. They really don't matter to us. They can boo us every day but they're still going to ask for our autographs if they see us on the street. That's why they're fans and we're NBA players."
- Portland Trail Blazers guard Bonzi Wells.

Since86
07-08-2005, 04:06 PM
"We're not really going to worry about what (the fans) think about us. They really don't matter to us. They can boo us every day but they're still going to ask for our autographs if they see us on the street. That's why they're fans and we're NBA players."
- Portland Trail Blazers guard Bonzi Wells.

:laugh: Sounds like he was frustrated at Portland's fans. I don't know how that matters to anyone outside of OR. I figured it was going to be a quote about all fans can blow him or something.

He signs autographs and has conversations with most people that approach him whenever I see him about.

Hicks
07-08-2005, 08:10 PM
He's also a racist and a dick.

Kstat
07-08-2005, 08:20 PM
only because of Rasheed Wallace, though. He was leading the church choir at Ball State.

Hicks
07-08-2005, 08:38 PM
only because of Rasheed Wallace, though. He was leading the church choir at Ball State.

Give it a rest.:rolleyes: