PDA

View Full Version : Artis Gilmore (the split part)

Kstat
07-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Jerry played PG for about as many years as chamberlain did. That doesn't mean I'm going to say Wilt is a PG.

Jerry was forced to play PG VERY late in his career because LA had to get Goodrich more minutes. Jordan did the same thing in Chicago. Bird did the same thing in Boston. Neither of them were point guards either.

And you're damn right I'd take Lanier over Gilmore. The guy had a ton of basketball skills. He could shoot from 15 feet, he had a nice baby hook, he could pass the ball, if it weren't for Jabbar, Lanier would have been the dominant center for the decade. Gilmore was big and strong, and that was about it. Fine center, but Lanier was a true great.

foretaz
07-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Jerry played PG for about as many years as chamberlain did. That doesn't mean I'm going to say Wilt is a PG.
u can try to make light of it all u want with ur wilt comment, like u did before....but the fact of the matter is ur flat out wrong....and if u would have watched any of the lakers back then u would know how wrong u are....sorry....but thats just the facts...

foretaz
07-05-2005, 05:47 PM
he probably thinks if not for shaq, ben wallace would be the best center of the last decade as well.....

whether its miller lite or pistons colored glasses.....he has very little objectivity, especially when it comes to the pistons and their players...

foretaz
07-06-2005, 04:17 AM
As far as West being a PG or an SG, that's really kind of a moot point, isn't it. He played in an era before such labels existed. They just called 'em guards back then, and both of them were expected to score, defend and distribute.

i totally agree....this was in reference to an alltime clutch team....i told him i would take west at the 1....he laughed and said west was a sg....and basically inferred i was crazy for thinking west was a pg or could play the pg slot on an all time clutch team...especially over his beloved overrated chauncey....seems hes since somewhat discovered that west did play some 'point'....bottom line is west directed the lakers offense most of the time he played...call it what u want....but west, using the terminology we use today, would be a point guard....and one of the greatest of all times...and definitely would start at the point on my all clutch team....far ahead of chauncey and whomever else ;)

Kstat
07-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Yes yes, we all know, Ben is overrated, Billups is overrated, Pistons are just lucky, blah blah blah.....

By the way, you are a liar.

Not once did I ever say I'd take Billups over Jerry West. You might want to just stop making crap up out of thin air....

foretaz
07-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Yes yes, we all know, Ben is overrated, Billups is overrated, Pistons are just lucky, blah blah blah.....

By the way, you are a liar.

Not once did I ever say I'd take Billups over Jerry West. You might want to just stop making crap up out of thin air....

listen up....u might want to watch ur manners...calling someone a liar is supposedly not appropriate on this board....

and i will defy u to show me or anyone else where i said u said u would take billups over west....i speak very well....and i know what i said....i said i would take west at the 1 (on the alltime clutch team).....u laughed and said 'u would take a sg over a pg'....and then u did it again a couple posts later....

im glad to see uve taken to name calling and personal attacks versus the actual facts...ure obviously coming to grips with the fact u cant argue the fact about west being able to play the 1.....

so u try to redirect with the overrated drama bs about ur beloved pistons...and call me a liar.....

take ur holier than thou, arrogant attitude and go find a hole to crawl in somewhere.....

u say something stupid like u did about jerry west ...u live with it....but dont come overdramatizing and calling me a liar....

Originally Posted by foretaz
not sure we watched the same game....two successive drives to the glass in the last minute of regulation resulted in nothing...if not for duncans free throw woes the game never goes to overtime...

ill take jerry west or oscar as my 1

chauncey is good...but a bit overrated at times...

Originally Posted by Kstat
You'll take a SG as your starting PG?

yea...ill take a guy who averaged 7 assists for his career and 27ppg....and was one of the greatest all time clutch performers....any day....

you have a problem with that?

or the fact the pistons arent winning the title this year starting to sink in?

Originally Posted by Kstat
I'll take Wilt as my starting PG. I mean, I never saw him play, but he has a high assist average, so he must be a PG too....

So I'll ask again: you'd take a SG over any PG in history?

im assuming uve never watched west play then??? yes...i would take jerry west as the point guard of any team i ever put together....any team...without question....i saw him play...and wilt

the fact that u would take wilt as ur pg indicates a lot here...but nice try

Kstat
07-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Yeah. this from a guy who is incapable of commenting about anything without taking a backhanded shot at the Pistons, if for no other reason than to spite me. You bring the Pistons into every discussion we have, even the discussions that don't even INVOLVE the Pistons (like this one), in an obvious attempt to bait me. I never brought up the fact Lanier was a Piston, you did. Frankly, I grew up with a healthy dislike for lanier, because he WASNT A PISTON when I started following the team.

.and basically inferred i was crazy for thinking west was a pg or could play the pg slot on an all time clutch team...especially over his beloved overrated chauncey....

Yeah, and I never made an issue of Jerry West being better than Chauncey Billups. You said I did. Thus, you are a liar. You can call it "name-calling" if you want, but what else should I call it?

Just giving you a taste of your own medicine :D

take ur holier than thou, arrogant attitude and go find a hole to crawl in somewhere.....

I'm not the one that accuses everyone else of being biased about everything....

u say something stupid like u did about jerry west ...u live with it....but dont come overdramatizing and calling me a liar....

I'll do my best to live with the fact I called Jerry West a shooting guard :laugh: . I'm not sure how I'll get through the night. Really.

able
07-06-2005, 06:09 AM
ok that's it gents; now you're getting me p'd of and at this time of day that is NOT a "good thing" (tm).

Kstat, calling someone a liar on the flakey grounds you do is out of order.
Foretaz, stop baiting and leave well enough alone.

If you can't keep this civilized it all offendig parts will be moved to the shoutbox.

foretaz
07-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Yeah. this from a guy who is incapable of commenting about anything without taking a backhanded shot at the Pistons, if for no other reason than to spite me.

Yeah, and I never made an issue of Jerry West being better than Chauncey Billups. You said I did. Thus, you are a liar. You can call it "name-calling" if you want, but what else should I call it?

u need help....as i said earlier...i will defy u to show me where i said that....

i never said that u said chauncey was better....maybe if u werent so sensitive about ur team being called overrated u might actually be able to see the facts for what they are....

yes...u do have a problem anytime anyone says anything about ur pistons that doesnt hold them in some god esteemed place....

to think that i say anything to spite u or with u in mind....well thats a joke...

reread the posts....i said chauncey was good...just overrated at times....

well hell...that wasnt good enuff for u....so u had to start in...and what u did next was asinine.....

u went off about west being a sg...and would i take a sg over a pg....

deal with the facts...but then u cant....cause ur feelings were hurt and u had to strike out.....nevermind the strike that u tried to throw as stupid and inaccurate....

but then u like to try and hide behind things to avoid the real issues that u have....

stay with the facts....did i say that? no

did u call me a liar? yes....did i lie? no....

now...u can apologize for such behavior or continue in ur ridiculous charade....the texts are all right there...anyone can see....

and the more u continue on...the more obvious it becomes....

you just cant stand it when someone doesnt worship ur team....let alone states things that are fairly accurate....i mean look at this thread....u seem to think that lanier was the second coming of christ....get a grip....not everyone is going to agree with ur feelings on ur team....

for u to try and attack them every time they dont is childish, immature and inappropriate....

so like i said....take ur arrogant , holier than thou attitude...and go find a hole...and at least leave the attitude there....its truly sad...u were truly funny when u were doing the draft replays....

but ur paranoia and sensitivity regarding the pistons, especially on a pacers board, is ridiculous....u can love ur team...u can defend them....but dont go attacking others with bogus, inaccurate comments and try to belittle them just because they dont share ur blind passion, especially when those said persons are fans of a fierce rival....seriously....get a clue...

foretaz
07-06-2005, 06:11 AM
ok that's it gents; now you're getting me p'd of and at this time of day that is NOT a "good thing" (tm).

Kstat, calling someone a liar on the flakey grounds you do is out of order.
Foretaz, stop baiting and leave well enough alone.

If you can't keep this civilized it all offendig parts will be moved to the shoutbox.

sorry able...didnt see this post till it was too late....

Kstat
07-06-2005, 06:14 AM
.and basically inferred i was crazy for thinking west was a pg or could play the pg slot on an all time clutch team...especially over his beloved overrated chauncey....

You want me to paste this quote in triplicate, or can I trust you to read it once?

Funny how I'm paranoid because I had the gall to think Lanier was a better player than Artis Gilmore. Yet, you seemed to take a lot more offense than I did that I didn't share your godly impression of Artis Gilmore.

foretaz
07-06-2005, 06:31 AM
You want me to paste this quote in triplicate, or can I trust you to read it once?

Funny how I'm paranoid because I had the gall to think Lanier was a better player than Artis Gilmore. Yet, you seemed to take a lot more offense than I did that I didn't share your godly impression of Artis Gilmore.

offense??? lol..too funny....

look...u think lanier was better than gilmore...fine...

u think jerry west wasnt a point guard....fine...

what do i care...

after all...u still think ur team was the best team in the league two years ago....

u still thought ur team was going to win the title when they were down 2-0 and 3-1 to the spurs....

gilmore was a great player....as a pacer fan i couldnt stand him....he was responsible for eliminating the pacers from the aba playoffs a couple of times....i couldnt stand the guy....but i also had huge respect for his game....and was able to be objective, since i had no bias where he was concerned....certainly none on the positive side....

i post an article about artis....and say he was a great player...without any mention of anyone else....

and u find it important to try and somewhat belittle the guy and say he wasnt that great....

then turn it into a lanier is better than gilmore debate....the fact u didnt mention lanier being a piston....well...so what..congrats....

next time u mention ben wallace, maybe we all will assume his playing days as a magic player....whatever....

ur pistons sensitivity and paranoia....ur compulsion to not only defend but constantly idolize and exaggerate ur team, on a pacers message board no less, and then get offended when not everyone agrees....well its...its....who knows...

then u feel compelled to attack those people that dont share ur irrational views.....

look...by your actions, it seems u want people to share in ur enthusiasm, worship, and opinions regarding the pistons...i would respectfully submit to u that a pacers message board is probably not the greatest place to satisfy such urges....

Harmonica
07-06-2005, 06:29 PM
You two... :lmao: If I didn't know any better, I'd think this was an act. Funny stuff.

SoupIsGood
07-06-2005, 07:01 PM
and i will defy u to show me or anyone else where i said u said u would take billups over west....i speak very well....and i know what i said....

[later]

now...u can apologize for such behavior or continue in ur ridiculous charade

deal with the facts...but then u cant....cause ur feelings were hurt and u had to strike out.....nevermind the strike that u tried to throw as stupid and inaccurate....

but then u like to try and hide behind things to avoid the real issues that u have....

u still thought ur team was going to win the title when they were down 2-0 and 3-1 to the spurs....

....well its...its....who knows...

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/images/smilies/up.gif

I can't breathe! :laugh:

This has probably been the most entertaining thread since Btown left.

Harmonica
07-06-2005, 08:14 PM
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/images/smilies/up.gif

I can't breathe! :laugh:

This has probably been the most entertaining thread since Btown left.

I hope it never dies.

MagicRat
07-08-2005, 12:21 AM
You two... :lmao: If I didn't know any better, I'd think this was an act. Funny stuff.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/comedyteam.jpg

SycamoreKen
07-08-2005, 07:13 PM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/comedyteam.jpg

lol. :applaud:

Since86
10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Finally, I have had some closure on this timeless arguement. Here it is, straight from Charlie Rosen's mailbag at http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4892760 .

I've read, re-read, and re-re-read all of your lists and none of them once mention Jerry West. This guy averaged 27 points in a 14-year career, went to the finals nine times, was an All-Star 14 times, and was an NBA champion in 1972. Sidney Moncrief got ahead of him on your all-time best shooting guards list? I think you've got some explaining to do Charley! — Joseph

West wasn't on my list of all-time shooting guards simply because he was considered to be primarily a point guard. Look there (BEST ALL-TIME POINT GUARDS) and you'll find him ranked third — behind Oscar Robertson and Magic. Apparently you've got to re-re-re-read the lists.