PDA

View Full Version : Oh look, another stupid hijacked thread rehash old topics.

IgotaFeva
07-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Contender for what?

We are not a true championship contender without Ron Artest but fortunately Ron Artest is a member of our team and we are a contender and a favorite for the NBA Title.

Saying that, we are a better team than Detroit. They were already exposed by S.A. and next season we will be a clear and dominant team to the Pistons while Detroit won't get past the 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs.

Kstat
07-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Saying that, we are a better team than Detroit.

You trying to convince me or yourself?

They were already exposed by S.A....

Exposed as what? We were a missed three-pointer away from "exposing" the Spurs....

and next season we will be a clear and dominant team to the Pistons while Detroit won't get past the 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs.

:laugh:

I disagree. Next year the Pistons will go 82-0 and the Pacers will miss the playoffs by 10 games :tongue: ;)

Pingu
07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
We are not a true championship contender without Ron Artest but fortunately Ron Artest is a member of our team and we are a contender and a favorite for the NBA Title.

Saying that, we are a better team than Detroit. They were already exposed by S.A. and next season we will be a clear and dominant team to the Pistons while Detroit won't get past the 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs.

Detroit was minutes away from getting back-to-back titles, and as much as I dislike them, you can't argue with that.

IgotaFeva
07-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Detroit was minutes away from getting back-to-back titles, and as much as I dislike them, you can't argue with that.

I won't respond to the Piston homer to avoid a flame war but Detroit wasn't even the best team in the East, Miami was. Detroit got lucky Flash got injured.

We showed on November 19 we were a better team than Detroit and would have been in the Finals. This season will be a fun and gratifying season to watch. Detroit's fluke runs are over.

Kstat
07-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Just wait till preseason in October. We'll show who the better team is.....

The Hawks beat us a lot worse than Indiana did. If anyone is going to the finals based on how they played against the Pistons in November, it's the Hawks.

shags
07-04-2005, 07:52 PM
I won't respond to the Piston homer to avoid a flame war but Detroit wasn't even the best team in the East, Miami was. Detroit got lucky Flash got injured.

We showed on November 19 we were a better team than Detroit and would have been in the Finals. This season will be a fun and gratifying season to watch. Detroit's fluke runs are over.

Read this column by the Sports Guy. Substitute Pacers for Steelers, throw in some basketball references, and you've essentially got the same situation. Even the title could be switched: It's the Pacers world, the Pistons just live - and win - in it.

Editor's note: This column appears in the Sept. 16 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Anthony Pleasant, Kordell Stewart, Richard Seymour
Over time, history will forget the many moments like this on the day when Kordell Stewart met the Patriots head-on.
Years from now, Pittsburgh fans will call it, simply, "The Drive." And I was there. Section 322, Gillette Stadium. The night the Steelers would not be denied.

Seeds of this drama were planted in January. The Patriots had stormed off Heinz Field with the AFC title, but the home team was not impressed. Fresh off two late interceptions, a resolute Kordell Stewart offered, "I still feel we're the better team." Even after the Pats toppled the Rams, the Steelers maintained their superiority. And rightly so. Didn't they have more talent? Steelers receiver Hines Ward summed up the team's feelings: "We basically went to the Super Bowl last year."

The NFL must have nixed Bill Cowher's request to simulate this season's schedule on Madden 2003, because here were the mighty Steelers strutting into Foxboro for a season-opening rematch, a gridiron Roy Jones Jr. preparing to dismantle another mandatory cream puff. Safety Lee Flowers explained they were the AFC's "hunted" team, adding, "Ask the Patriots, they know it." Vegas certainly did, installing the visitors as three-point favorites. When the overmatched underdogs jumped ahead, their jittery fans braced for the real champs to retaliate.

We watched with trepidation as Kordell strolled onto the field, cooler than the other side of the pillow, needing to orchestrate a 66-yard drive in 175 seconds. No sweat. Forget his four turnovers, or the three other heaves that were nearly picked off, or Madden quipping, "He looks nervous." None of that mattered anymore.

Bill Cowher
Genius is a term used to describe Steelers coach Bill Cowher as often as there's spittle on his magnificent chin.
As the two-minute warning loomed, the superstar came alive: Three passes, three completions, 27 yards. Like Elway in Cleveland, Stewart was rising to the challenge, directing yet another chapter for NFL Films' inevitable DVD, "Kordell's Greatest Moments."

Undaunted by two holding penalties and a second-and-30, the unflappable field general found Ward, then Amos Zereoue, on consecutive throws, finagling an improbable first down before the sage Cowher used a second timeout. Make no mistake: Stewart was slicing up Bill Belichick's vaunted D like Joan Rivers picking apart the necklines on that "Live from the Red Carpet" show on E! A remarkable one-handed grab by rookie sensation Antwaan Randle El put the Steelers 7 yards from glory. Thirty-nine ticks left. You could almost hear John Facenda's booming voiceover.

Time to burn the last timeout -- and for coach and QB to work some magic. The reeling Patriots never imagined their foes would resort to trickery, but with so much on the line, Cowher was leaving nothing on the table. His call was a brilliant "Double Toss": Stewart pitched back to Randle El, who flipped it forward to Zereoue for 5 extra-desperately needed-yards. From there, it was all Kordell. A sweet fake spike froze defenders as he sprinted toward the end zone. Pushed out at the 1, but believing he'd crossed the plane, the fiery leader had to be separated from the officials. You think this guy isn't a competitor?

Tom Brady
Oh, and Tom Brady played pretty well on that Monday night, too.
Four seconds. Now, the Patriots called time. How could this be happening? Belichick needed to catch his breath-and find an answer. Meanwhile, Stewart and Cowher discussed their options. But really, there was only one. As Gene Hackman told Keanu in "The Replacements," "Winners always want the ball when the game's on the line." Kordell cradled the snap and hurdled over center, careening off LB Tedy Bruschi, then stretching over the goal line ... Touchdown, Steelers! The cream of the AFC had laid the smack down.

Final score: New England 30, Pittsburgh 14.

Yes, the Patriots had prevailed -- convincingly -- again, but, years from now, only The Drive will endure. For 66 yards and 175 glorious seconds, the invincible Steelers could not be stopped, not by New England's finest second-stringers, not by a suffocating prevent D, not by the roar of the 3,000 Pats fans still in attendance.

The road to the AFC championship still goes through the Steelers, a team destined to basically reach the Super Bowl for a second straight season. Some day, they may basically win one.

IgotaFeva
07-04-2005, 07:55 PM

The Hawks beat us a lot worse than Indiana did. If anyone is going to the finals based on how they played against the Pistons in November, it's the Hawks.

You can't compare the two. On November 19 both teams brought their A game and indy wiped them on the floor. Billups was even wearing his championship ring. Those are two big rivals so it was a big game.

For Atlanta, they wanted to beat the champs and Detroit didn't play hard.

With Ron, Pacers are clearly the better team than Detroit. No more fluke runs because of injuries for Detroit. Those days are over and no more Stern to ruin the Pacers and award the Pistons.

Kstat
07-04-2005, 08:06 PM
So, on your list of excuses why the Pacers lost to the Pistons in the playoffs, the Pacers themselves are what, #9 or #10 on your list?

And how exactly did Ron play against the Pistons in hit last game that actually mattered, you know, since he's such a huge Piston-killer and all.....

Nevermind, I just recalled he served us our lunch in November. Just like he did in the regular season of 2004....

Hopefully for you, next year Ron will continue his dominance over the Pistons in games that don't mean much....

GO!!!!!
07-04-2005, 08:08 PM
** THREAD HIJACKING ALERT **

** The FA has been notified and they are on there way to investigate the current situations **

indytoad
07-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Sassan, quit being such a sore loser.

IndyToad
Look out it is a dog

Kegboy
07-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Sassan, quit being such a sore loser.

IndyToad
Look out it is a dog

Oh, please tell me you're ****ting me. :shakehead

Suaveness
07-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Is it really him? Does he ever give up?

IgotaFeva
07-04-2005, 11:30 PM
It's funny the Piston homers gather around to support each other. That's all I have to say for that nonsense.

For rest of the rhetoric I don't know what they are saying so I have no response.

Kstat
07-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Is it really him? Does he ever give up?

Somehow I don't think Sassan's "improved" site is going as well as he bragged.....

Far as this guy goes, it wouldn't surprise me either way. I guess we'll find out eventually. I'm not quite as sure this time around.

He certainly seems to have a similiar attitude.

I also missed the meeting where Suave and Kegboy became "Piston homers" :laugh: . Nobody dislikes the Pistons more than Suave. He just isn't a complete **** about it.

Kegboy
07-05-2005, 09:58 AM
I also missed the meeting where Suave and Kegboy became "Piston homers" :laugh: .

Well, there was that time I took your side in an argument with UB a couple days ago. I still feel dirty about that. :blush:

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 10:47 AM
I think the odds of this being Sassan has gone from 55% to 80%.

Note to self: Everyone is a hater, except those who hate the Pistons. Then even though they hate, they are not haters, because the Pistons deserve the hate. But if you even have a small tinge of dislike for even the colors blue or gold, then you are a hating hater. Except that the hate deserving Pistons where blue too. [head explodes]

ChicagoJ
07-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Read this column by the Sports Guy. Substitute Pacers for Steelers, throw in some basketball references, and you've essentially got the same situation. Even the title could be switched: It's the Pacers world, the Pistons just live - and win - in it.

Editor's note: This column appears in the Sept. 16 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Anthony Pleasant, Kordell Stewart, Richard Seymour
Over time, history will forget the many moments like this on the day when Kordell Stewart met the Patriots head-on.
Years from now, Pittsburgh fans will call it, simply, "The Drive." And I was there. Section 322, Gillette Stadium. The night the Steelers would not be denied.

Seeds of this drama were planted in January. The Patriots had stormed off Heinz Field with the AFC title, but the home team was not impressed. Fresh off two late interceptions, a resolute Kordell Stewart offered, "I still feel we're the better team." Even after the Pats toppled the Rams, the Steelers maintained their superiority. And rightly so. Didn't they have more talent? Steelers receiver Hines Ward summed up the team's feelings: "We basically went to the Super Bowl last year."

The NFL must have nixed Bill Cowher's request to simulate this season's schedule on Madden 2003, because here were the mighty Steelers strutting into Foxboro for a season-opening rematch, a gridiron Roy Jones Jr. preparing to dismantle another mandatory cream puff. Safety Lee Flowers explained they were the AFC's "hunted" team, adding, "Ask the Patriots, they know it." Vegas certainly did, installing the visitors as three-point favorites. When the overmatched underdogs jumped ahead, their jittery fans braced for the real champs to retaliate.

We watched with trepidation as Kordell strolled onto the field, cooler than the other side of the pillow, needing to orchestrate a 66-yard drive in 175 seconds. No sweat. Forget his four turnovers, or the three other heaves that were nearly picked off, or Madden quipping, "He looks nervous." None of that mattered anymore.

Bill Cowher
Genius is a term used to describe Steelers coach Bill Cowher as often as there's spittle on his magnificent chin.
As the two-minute warning loomed, the superstar came alive: Three passes, three completions, 27 yards. Like Elway in Cleveland, Stewart was rising to the challenge, directing yet another chapter for NFL Films' inevitable DVD, "Kordell's Greatest Moments."

Undaunted by two holding penalties and a second-and-30, the unflappable field general found Ward, then Amos Zereoue, on consecutive throws, finagling an improbable first down before the sage Cowher used a second timeout. Make no mistake: Stewart was slicing up Bill Belichick's vaunted D like Joan Rivers picking apart the necklines on that "Live from the Red Carpet" show on E! A remarkable one-handed grab by rookie sensation Antwaan Randle El put the Steelers 7 yards from glory. Thirty-nine ticks left. You could almost hear John Facenda's booming voiceover.

Time to burn the last timeout -- and for coach and QB to work some magic. The reeling Patriots never imagined their foes would resort to trickery, but with so much on the line, Cowher was leaving nothing on the table. His call was a brilliant "Double Toss": Stewart pitched back to Randle El, who flipped it forward to Zereoue for 5 extra-desperately needed-yards. From there, it was all Kordell. A sweet fake spike froze defenders as he sprinted toward the end zone. Pushed out at the 1, but believing he'd crossed the plane, the fiery leader had to be separated from the officials. You think this guy isn't a competitor?

Tom Brady
Oh, and Tom Brady played pretty well on that Monday night, too.
Four seconds. Now, the Patriots called time. How could this be happening? Belichick needed to catch his breath-and find an answer. Meanwhile, Stewart and Cowher discussed their options. But really, there was only one. As Gene Hackman told Keanu in "The Replacements," "Winners always want the ball when the game's on the line." Kordell cradled the snap and hurdled over center, careening off LB Tedy Bruschi, then stretching over the goal line ... Touchdown, Steelers! The cream of the AFC had laid the smack down.

Final score: New England 30, Pittsburgh 14.

Yes, the Patriots had prevailed -- convincingly -- again, but, years from now, only The Drive will endure. For 66 yards and 175 glorious seconds, the invincible Steelers could not be stopped, not by New England's finest second-stringers, not by a suffocating prevent D, not by the roar of the 3,000 Pats fans still in attendance.

The road to the AFC championship still goes through the Steelers, a team destined to basically reach the Super Bowl for a second straight season. Some day, they may basically win one.

As a Pacers AND Steelers fan, all I can say is, ":cry:".

Pingu
07-05-2005, 11:10 AM
A PISTON HOMER? :o

Are you crazy? :confused:

They were lucky with the brawl and the injuries on opposite teams, but look, they took the Spurs to a 7-game serie.

You can't blame the Pistons team (you can blame Ben Wallace though) for the brawl, only some of their fans and Stern.

They won the ECF and that's the only way I know to determine who's the best in the conference.

edit: and I'M NOT A PISTON :censored:

Harmonica
07-05-2005, 11:18 AM

Um, they've won four.

Suaveness
07-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I also missed the meeting where Suave and Kegboy became "Piston homers" :laugh: . Nobody dislikes the Pistons more than Suave. He just isn't a complete **** about it.

What do you mean, I :love: the Pistons!

:alcohol:

Isaac
07-05-2005, 11:43 AM
This thread has certainly strayed from talking about Saras...

At first I didn't understand how Sassan could have been so bad that you guys insisted on not bringing him back, he just seemed like a cool, die-hard Pacers fan.

Was every thread like this? If so, I definitley see your point now.

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I think the odds of this being Sassan has gone from 55% to 80%.

Note to self: Everyone is a hater, except those who hate the Pistons. Then even though they hate, they are not haters, because the Pistons deserve the hate. But if you even have a small tinge of dislike for even the colors blue or gold, then you are a hating hater. Except that the hate deserving Pistons where blue too. [head explodes]

Who the hell are you and what are you rambling about?

IT is truly ironic how the Piston fans on here (KSTAT and Shags) think they are superior to everyone on here and can come on here and insult us Pacer forum members and insult our players while being homer themselves.

I said, Miami was a better team than Detroit and that was clear before Dwayne Wade went hurt. KSTAT also comes here mocking our best player and bashing him (Ron Artest) in a "cute" and "subtle" way while not acknowledging the fact that we have a better team with Ron in the lineup. He continues to put blame on our players with a stupid quote in which he said "Ron served our lunch in November". What the hell is that supposed to mean? That does that mean he is to blame for everything that happened on that day and there was no fault with Ben Wallace or the Detroit fans? Then he compares us to the "Hawks" and does not acknowlege both teams brought their A games because of the rivalry (Chauncey had his ring on for the occasion) and Shags posts a stupid article trying to make Pacer fans and the Pacer team to look dumb....

None of this is going to fly by Pacer fans on here.

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 11:50 AM
A PISTON HOMER? :o

Are you crazy? :confused:

They were lucky with the brawl and the injuries on opposite teams, but look, they took the Spurs to a 7-game serie.

You can't blame the Pistons team (you can blame Ben Wallace though) for the brawl, only some of their fans and Stern.

They won the ECF and that's the only way I know to determine who's the best in the conference.

edit: and I'M NOT A PISTON :censored:

You are a great overseas Pacer fan and I applaud you. I am over talking about the brawl and I hope everyone else is too.

Pacer fans can have opinions of all kinds and they don't have to be the same as each other. I never called any Pacer fan on here a Piston homer (I was referring to KSTAT and Shags) but my opinion was that Miami was a better team and some other Pacer fans agree and some other's don't. It is a matter of opinion and I have mine solidly formed.

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 11:53 AM
This thread has certainly strayed from talking about Saras...

At first I didn't understand how Sassan could have been so bad that you guys insisted on not bringing him back, he just seemed like a cool, die-hard Pacers fan.

Was every thread like this? If so, I definitley see your point now.

I am getting confused, what do you mean "was every thread like this". I posted my opinions on here and people are not even responding to my posts. They are talking about someone else. What the hell is going on? :confused:

Isaac
07-05-2005, 11:54 AM
All I'm saying, is that we were talking about Sarunas and all of a sudden this thread has turned in to another Pistons Pacers argument, which I think is really, really dumb.

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 11:56 AM
All I'm saying, is that we were talking about Sarunas and all of a sudden this thread has turned in to another Pistons Pacers argument, which I think is really, really dumb.

Please go read page 3 from the beginning and please pay careful attention how KSTAT and his lackey Shags come into play and mocks the Pacer fans (not me, others on this board). Just go read page 3 and see. Was I supposed to just not respond to KSTAT's homerish post about the Pistons while putting our fans down by mocking him for saying the Pacers are contenders by saying "contenders for what". I tried to stay out of the mud-slinging. Here are some quotes:

just like Indiana is potentially a championship contender? ;)

here's your exact quote flipped around....

Just saying, from a 3rd person perspective, I doubt he sees Indiana as any more of a sure thing than Boston.....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by PacerMan

Dream on. We ARE a contender. WIth or without Ron Artest.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Contender for what?

So, on your list of excuses why the Pacers lost to the Pistons in the playoffs, the Pacers themselves are what, #9 or #10 on your list?

And how exactly did Ron play against the Pistons in hit last game that actually mattered, you know, since he's such a huge Piston-killer and all.....

Nevermind, I just recalled he served us our lunch in November. Just like he did in the regular season of 2004....

Hopefully for you, next year Ron will continue his dominance over the Pistons in games that don't mean much....
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --></I>

Suaveness
07-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Who the hell are you and what are you rambling about?

IT is truly ironic how the Piston fans on here (KSTAT and Shags) think they are superior to everyone on here and can come on here and insult us Pacer forum members and insult our players while being homer themselves.

I said, Miami was a better team than Detroit and that was clear before Dwayne Wade went hurt. KSTAT also comes here mocking our best player and bashing him (Ron Artest) in a "cute" and "subtle" way while not acknowledging the fact that we have a better team with Ron in the lineup. He continues to put blame on our players with a stupid quote in which he said "Ron served our lunch in November". What the hell is that supposed to mean? That does that mean he is to blame for everything that happened on that day and there was no fault with Ben Wallace or the Detroit fans? Then he compares us to the "Hawks" and does not acknowlege both teams brought their A games because of the rivalry (Chauncey had his ring on for the occasion) and Shags posts a stupid article trying to make Pacer fans and the Pacer team to look dumb....

None of this is going to fly by Pacer fans on here.

Wow. I don't know if I should respond to that, but I got two sec. First, Kstat didn't just come on here, he's been here since the beginning. Second, Shags has never insulted anyone, and anything bad he says usually is against his own team. Third, K isn't bashing Ron, and in fact, there are Pacer fans here who dislike Ron more. Fourth, he wasn't comparing to the Hawks, he was trying to make a point (which doesn't seem to have gotten across).

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Wow. I don't know if I should respond to that, but I got two sec. First, Kstat didn't just come on here, he's been here since the beginning. Second, Shags has never insulted anyone, and anything bad he says usually is against his own team. Third, K isn't bashing Ron, and in fact, there are Pacer fans here who dislike Ron more. Fourth, he wasn't comparing to the Hawks, he was trying to make a point (which doesn't seem to have gotten across).

Mr. Suave,

Was it really responsible of KSTAT for making the comments I posted above on a Pacer forum coming from an obvious Piston homer? Imagine a Pacer fan making those type of comments bashing the Piston team elsewhere.

As to Shags, I haven't read much on him but I did find that article he put insulting to say to substitute one of the football teams with the "Pacers". That was saying the Pacers are "pretenders" and the Pistons are the team that "always wins it all". They won the championship once and it isn't going to happen again for a very long time.

Let's talk about Sarunas, how old is he? Isn't he Jewish? Does him being Israeli favor him with the Simons?

PCC87
07-05-2005, 12:10 PM

Preseason doesn't mean ****.The scrubs and rookies play.The main guys don't see that much time AT ALL.

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Preseason doesn't mean ****.The scrubs and rookies play.The main guys don't see that much time AT ALL.

Thank you for that quote. I missed it. That was another quote of his to demeanize the Pacers for "not being that good" to the Pistons. Take away one key member for Detroit (let's say Ben Wallace) and let's see them even make the damn playoffs.

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Odds have now gone to 99%.

And for the last percent I present:

Well guys, I've thought about it. We do deserve to lose to the Pistons each and every year, because just look at what we consider to be the greatest Pacer. Reggie Miller! Are you kidding me? This one-trick pony. Never won a thing in the NBA. Hell, the Pistons already have a better 2 guard on their team right now in Rip Hamilton. He has already won a ring, something that clown Miller could never do.

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM

Well guys, I've thought about it. We do deserve to lose to the Pistons each and every year, because just look at what we consider to be the greatest Pacer. Reggie Miller! Are you kidding me? This one-trick pony. Never won a thing in the NBA. Hell, the Pistons already have a better 2 guard on their team right now in Rip Hamilton. He has already won a ring, something that clown Miller could never do.

um ok? Am I supposed to respond to this nonsense to make you happy?

foretaz
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM

rut ro

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 12:36 PM
rut ro

Foretaz is my new friend. :blush:

ChicagoJ
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Let's talk about Sarunas, how old is he? Isn't he Jewish? Does him being Israeli favor him with the Simons?

Totally irrelevant, and I don't see how anything good can come from this particular question.

We've got people in this community from a wide variety of religious perspectives, and that shows up on our politics board from time-to-time. I can't speak for everybody but I don't care to hash all that out on the basketball board.

+++++++++++++++++++

Your vandetta against Kstat seems very familiar to many of us. You sure we don't know your "cousin" Earl? :D

Regardless, this is a forum where fans of all teams can have civil discussions and debates about the Pacers.

The relevant question is not "which team do you cheer for", but rather, "can you be civil?"

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Totally irrelevant, and I don't see how anything good can come from this particular question.

We've got people in this community from a wide variety of religious perspectives, and that shows up on our politics board from time-to-time. I can't speak for everybody but I don't care to hash all that out on the basketball board.

+++++++++++++++++++

Your vandetta against Kstat seems very familiar to many of us. You sure we don't know your "cousin" Earl? :D

Regardless, this is a forum where fans of all teams can have civil discussions and debates about the Pacers.

The relevant question is not "which team do you cheer for", but rather, "can you be civil?"

I wasn't saying anything negative about him being Jewish. My dad is half Jewish afterall. It is a relevant question.

Jewish people tend to support Jewish people and give them opportunities so all I asked was if people thought him being Israeli would make him want to play for the Pacers and if the Simon's would possibly give him a chance because of it.

Hicks
07-05-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm splitting the hijacked portion to the shout box; it's beyond tired.

Since86
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm not so sure it's Sas. Reading his comments on the politics board throws that idea into a tailspin for me.

Especially when he talks about the "with or against" mentality that he dislikes. To much of an opposite of the We Ride Together.

I've been wrong before, not many though :D .

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm not so sure it's Sas. Reading his comments on the politics board throws that idea into a tailspin for me.

Especially when he talks about the "with or against" mentality that he dislikes. To much of an opposite of the We Ride Together.

I've been wrong before, not many though :D .

Yeah, but if he was gonna use that logic he would not call me a hater and at the same time hate KStat.

ChicagoJ
07-05-2005, 01:07 PM
I wasn't saying anything negative about him being Jewish. My dad is half Jewish afterall. It is a relevant question.

Jewish people tend to support Jewish people and give them opportunities so all I asked was if people thought him being Israeli would make him want to play for the Pacers and if the Simon's would possibly give him a chance because of it.

I didn't say you *were* saying anything negative about him. But just because your dad is half Jewish afterall does NOT make it a relevant questoin.

BTW, Using that logic, should I be arguing that Donnie and Bird aren't going to buy out Croshere's contract because he's white.

:bs:

I think Walsh and Bird might convince the Simons to spend some money on Saras because they believe he might become a heckuva NBA basketball player. The fact that Granger's family belongs (belonged?) to the Jehovah's Witness movement didn't scare the Pacers away from him.

My boss is Jewish. And he's also a businessman. He'll hire anyone that he thinks can help the practice. Diversity. I'm pretty sure that's the same decision process the Pacers will go through.

IgotaFeva
07-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I didn't say you *were* saying anything negative about him. But just because your dad is half Jewish afterall does NOT make it a relevant questoin.

BTW, Using that logic, should I be arguing that Donnie and Bird aren't going to buy out Croshere's contract because he's white.

:bs:

I think Walsh and Bird might convince the Simons to spend some money on Saras because they believe he might become a heckuva NBA basketball player. The fact that Granger's family belongs (belonged?) to the Jehovah's Witness movement didn't scare the Pacers away from him.

My boss is Jewish. And he's also a businessman. He'll hire anyone that he thinks can help the practice. Diversity. I'm pretty sure that's the same decision process the Pacers will go through.

Very well said, and point taken. :cheers:

Since86
07-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Very well said, and point taken. :cheers:

Exhibit B. on why I don't think it is.

Hicks
07-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Did you miss "Earl"? He's been known to "act" the part before. Don't be fooled too easily.

Hicks
07-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Nevermind; I did some detective work. It's him.

Harmonica
07-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I laughed out loud at this, which got me to thinking: For entertainment value/comic relief, why not lift Sassan's ban during the slow summer months since there's not much going on anyway.

Shade
07-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I guess now we know what Sassan does with his time when he's not flying from city to city to watch games.

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Well, I'll have to hand it to Sassan. This time he actually got 63 posts in before termination. In two days!!!! :lol:

Since86
07-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Nevermind; I did some detective work. It's him.

Mark that down on may calendar for the next time the gf asks if I was ever wrong, I can give her one answer. :blush:

ChicagoJ
07-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Never admit to it. That's the root of the downfall of western civilization.
:zip:

Suaveness
07-05-2005, 02:31 PM

+++++++++++++++++++

You know you should make a poll to see what kind of religious varience we have here...I'm curious to know (unless this would be inappropriate of course)

ChicagoJ
07-05-2005, 02:36 PM
*I'm* not going to make a poll, but if somebody started one in the politics board or The Shout Box I would vote.

Kegboy
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I guess now we know what Sassan does with his time when he's not flying from city to city to watch games.

Hey, don't judge him. That's just how he lives his life now. Can't we all move on?

:devil:

SycamoreKen
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM

And i was going to comment: "yeah right. The Spurs were practiclly beging to play the Heat since Detroit matched up so well with them."

Kstat
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
ANy bets on who he'll try to sneak in as next time?

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh probably "Diamond Dave loves men" or "KStat shags Shags" :rolleyes:

sweabs
07-05-2005, 05:41 PM
ANy bets on who he'll try to sneak in as next time?

XxIgotafevaxX

:confused:

grace
07-05-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm not so sure it's Sas.

No, he's Earl's half brother. I think they're distant cousins of Sassan's.

grace
07-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Exhibit B. on why I don't think it is.

As Kegboy would say it's the exception that proves the rule.

Isaac
07-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Hicks, just curious, how did you find out it was him? IP adress?

Since86
07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
As Kegboy would say it's the exception that proves the rule.

I'll give the guy credit, fooled me.

Only if the admins were as guilible he'd have it made. :blush:

Hicks
07-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Hicks, just curious, how did you find out it was him? IP adress?

Basically.

Kegboy
07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Wow, Im gone for a month and I miss all of this.

Its funny how he is starting his own board, but hates this place so much he tries to sneak back in time after time.

*VA hates the offseason, can we please move the calendar forward and make it October*

Yes, we certainly can. The problem is, you referred to yourself in the third person. Therefore, we have no choice to decline your request. Sorry.

Los Angeles
07-17-2005, 10:25 PM
This thread is proof that VA's true identity is Ricky Henderson.

Nobody else does the third person thing that much.