PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Report on Ray Allen

indygeezer
07-05-2005, 10:55 AM
GOing back to Seattle

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Combine that with Redd going back to Milwaukee, and the FA market just became bland.

indygeezer
07-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Combine that with Redd going back to Milwaukee, and the FA market just became bland.

I didn't know Redd had made a decision. Last I heard he was planning on visiting with Cavs.

If that is true, then you will see a major push by Cleveland to grab the Lithuanian, IMO.

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 12:38 PM
I didn't know Redd had made a decision. Last I heard he was planning on visiting with Cavs.

If that is true, then you will see a major push by Cleveland to grab the Lithuanian, IMO.

Nothing is official, I just saw ESPN report the other day that Redd was most likely headed back to the Bucks. But it is ESPN. :confused:

foretaz
07-05-2005, 12:45 PM
i dunno....i just have a sneaky feeling redd is gonna defy the odds and sign with the cavs....he leaves alot of money on the table if he does....and he said all season he wants to stay in milwaukee....but something tells me playing with lebron is more inviting than playing with bogut....and being back in his home state.....

odds say he stays in milwaukee....but i gotta a feeling......

Jermaniac
07-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Good, I hope this shuts the people up who wanted to trade Jack and Ron for him.

diamonddave00
07-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I agree I think Redd will sign with the Cavs . He would have to leave 1 year and 22 million on the table. But I think the allure of coming home and Lebron will sway him to the Cavs. Plus Mike Brown is the coach there while the Bucks are still looking for a coach.

After his contract with the Cavs runs out he'd recoup most of that 22 mil on the first year of a new contract.

Mourning
07-05-2005, 01:46 PM
CNNSI.Com is now also reporting Ray Allen is re-signing

"Allen returns to Sonics
All-Star guard agrees to new contract with Sonics

With Ray Allen back in the SuperSonics' fold, it's expected Seattle will return much of the team that won the Northwest Division.
Greg Nelson/SI

All-Star shooting guard Ray Allen has agreed to a new contract that will keep him with the Seattle SuperSonics, SI.com has learned.

The SuperSonics and Allen have agreed to a five-year, $85 million contract extension, his agent Lon Babby said Tuesday in a confernce call.

Allen cannot sign the deal until the free agent signing period begins on July 22, but Babby said Allen intends on signing the contract at the first available moment.

The contract includes $80 million in salary and $5 million in bonuses, although the terms of the bonuses and the yearly breakdown of salary has not been determined.

Seattle spokesman Marc Moquin said the team could not comment on the agreement.

"We did wander in the desert for a while, before we got to the promise land," Babby said in a conference call with reporters. "When Ray became a free agent and we had the chance to explore opportunities, we were able to report back to the Sonics on what the market was dictating and they essentially responded accordingly."

Allen earned about $14 million this season, and the two sides tried to negotiate a new deal during the regular season, but could not come to an agreement.

Last February negotiations broke down on a five-year extension in which the Sonics were offering $75 million while Allen was holding out for an $80 million deal. Both sides started talks again after the playoffs.

Allen's return to the Sonics is expected to help them in their contract negotiations with coach Nate McMillan, who expressed reservations about returning to Seattle unless Allen and other free agents were re-signed.

The Associated Press contributed to this report."

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Isaac
07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Good, I hope this shuts the people up who wanted to trade Jack and Ron for him.

No kidding.

Diamond Dave
07-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't have traded Jack and Ron for him.

However Ron and Fred would be a hell of a deal.

Will Galen
07-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't have traded Jack and Ron for him.

However Ron and Fred would be a hell of a deal.

For Seattle.

Anthem
07-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Five years, 85 mil? I've wanted Allen for a while, but if that's what it takes I'll pass. Talk about overpaying your own.

Sollozzo
07-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Five years, 85 mil? I've wanted Allen for a while, but if that's what it takes I'll pass. Talk about overpaying your own.

It's no worse than what the Pacers are paying JO.

JO: 126/7=18 million average a year.

Ray:85/=17 avearge a year.

foretaz
07-05-2005, 05:27 PM
jo wont be 35 at the end of his contract-and out of his prime

Anthem
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
jo wont be 35 at the end of his contract-and out of his prime

Beat me to it.

Allen will be making 22/yr at age 35. No thanks.