PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ben Wallace

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:07 AM
For ruining our season so we got this great draft pick! Who did the Pistons get? Jason Maxiell. That's f**king payback right there.

Dr Huxtable
06-29-2005, 01:08 AM
No payback is sweeping them in the ECF next year and winning the championship.

Brian
06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
Yea but this doesnt hurt.

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
For ruining our season so we got this great draft pick! Who did the Pistons get? Jason Maxiell. That's f**king payback right there.

........so the NBA draft is what you call "payback?"

Wow, between you and the Hawks fans, I'm not sure which is more intimidating.

Yeah, Maxiell isn't Granger, but when one team has a much higher draft pick, they had better get a better player......

And for the record, I'm very happy with Maxiell at the 26th pick. Shags can argue it all he wants, but I've seen the kid play. Things in the NBA that you can never have too much of are defense, long arms, and shot-blocking.

Our only real need was a quality swingman to back up Prince and Rip, but there was nobody available that we wanted at our pick. If Joe D works some more magic in the offseason, he can get a solid backup swingman.

GO!!!!!
06-29-2005, 01:12 AM
I sensed you would make this thread out of what i been reading before, man that BS, No offence but i'd take Granger and shoot him if it means we got our season back and we had a Legit chance of Winning the NBA Finals, sure Granger might take us to five but who says he will...

Pass, Ben Wallace is still one big arse mutha F***A and i'll never thank him

He screwed our season and Granger makes it a bit better but i'd rather have Reggie having a ring then Granger

FiestyFosterFanatic
........so the NBA draft is what you call "payback?"

Wow, between you and the Hawks fans, I'm not sure which is more intimidating.

Hey the Hawks are on there way up! They might win 20 games. :)

burnzone
I agree that Ben Wallace shoving Ron in the throat on 11/19 is one part, of a chain of things that happened that night, that lead to us not having as good of a record as we would have, with a full, non-suspended roster, which ultimately lead to us having a mid round pick which yielded us Danny Granger.

But unfortunately, Detroit doesn't have as many holes in their roster as we do, granted our bench is one of the deepest in the league, but like Dr Huxtable said, it won't be payback until we relinquish control of the Eastern Conference title, and move on to the Finals.

SoupIsGood
It isn't payback, but it's one of the few positives results of this past season. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Granger would drop to us. I about spit my drink all over the TV when Toronto chose The Browless Wonder over him.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah the Hawks were really a contender in the first place. You have to admit Granger is a way better pick than Maxiell. Anyway whats the plan to ruin Indiana's season next season? Oh I can't wait until the first game against Detroit next season. You thought Indiana kicked your *** the first game last year!! You've become kind of mean since Detroit started losing. I know you know the Pistons are done.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:14 AM
I agree that Ben Wallace shoving Ron in the throat on 11/19 is one part, of a chain of things that happened that night, that lead to us not having as good of a record as we would have, with a full, non-suspended roster, which ultimately lead to us having a mid round pick which yielded us Danny Granger.

But unfortunately, Detroit doesn't have as many holes in their roster as we do, granted our bench is one of the deepest in the league, but like Dr Huxtable said, it won't be payback until we relinquish control of the Eastern Conference title, and move on to the Finals.

They have a starting five...THATS IT! There bench sucks come on. Would you trade anyone on our team for Lindsey Hunter, Darko Milic, Darvin Ham???

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Detroit screwed us last year and they did not repeat? When are you Pacers fans going to get it? Everyone needs to get off Detroits' nuts. Indiana is a lot better team than Detroit.

burnzone
06-29-2005, 01:16 AM
yes, our bench is better, but their starting 5 is better, and that is what plays most of the minutes.

I agree, their bench needs work, but we have work to do beyond just adding Danny Granger to be able to get past them in the playoffs, we just lost most of our playoff experience on the roster when Reggie left.

That's still not to take away from getting him in the draft, we got a lottery pick at 17, and I think he will be a big part of the rotation.

Suaveness
06-29-2005, 01:18 AM
It's amazing how easy stupid threads are formed

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Detroit screwed us last year and they did not repeat? When are you Pacers fans going to get it? Everyone needs to get off Detroits' nuts. Indiana is a lot better team than Detroit.

Agreed. Man, the Pistons are nothing compared to the Pacers. We shouldn't even bother showing up in Indiana, just forefit every game.

Yeah the Hawks were really a contender in the first place. You have to admit Granger is a way better pick than Maxiell.
Bogut is also a much better player than Granger. Man, the Bucks really stuck it to the Pacers!

Brian
06-29-2005, 01:19 AM

I dont know if we are better YET...Because they have won...we havent.

But at the same time,I cant stand alot of the detroit butt kissing.

I know we dont want to have something like RATS or ESPN boards.

But at the same time,I gotta stand up for what I think is right,Just like Kstat does,or how Shuttlesworth does.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
Indiana has a better starting five than Detroit. Detroit is a little better at SG and C but come on JO is a lot better than Sheed and Artest is a lot better than Tayshaun. I'd give the edge to Tinsley over Billups but only when he is healthy. I think Detroit is a lot older than Indiana too.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
I dont know if we are better YET...Because they have won...we havent.

But at the same time,I cant stand alot of the detroit butt kissing.

I know we dont want to have something like RATS or ESPN boards.

But at the same time,I gotta stand up for what I think is right,Just like Kstat does,or how Shuttlesworth does.

Brian is my new favorite poster on here.

burnzone
06-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Billups, and Hamilton are better than Tinsley and Jackson, yes Ron, on paper when his head is screwed on staright, is better than Tayshaun, but there are variables there, Sheed and JO is a wash, even though on paper, and to us, JO is the better player, but we're talking about playoff experience, and effectiveness here. And Ben vs Jeff or Dale os no comparison, so other than Ron on the chance that we get him on a good day, is the only advantage on the starting 5.

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:24 AM
Indiana has a better starting five than Detroit.

You're right. Our starting five sucks. Indiana's is all bound for the hall of fame, along with half their bench and their coach. Maybe if I pray hard enough, our pathetic 5 can overcome the Pacers's lineup, which will challenge the 86 celtics for the best in history.

Anyway whats the plan to ruin Indiana's season next season? Oh I can't wait until the first game against Detroit next season.

Well, typically our plan has to beat them in the playoffs. Unconventional method for sure, but it's worked thusfar.

You thought Indiana kicked your *** the first game last year!! You've become kind of mean since Detroit started losing. I know you know the Pistons are done.

Yes, I'm already hiding under my bed in terror at the thought of facing the pacers in november again, or the bobcats, or bucks, or hawks, or any of the other 15 teams that blew us out in nivember and december.

Yes, I realize we're done. Our two conference titles mean nothing. All hail Indiana.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Agreed. Man, the Pistons are nothing compared to the Pacers. We shouldn't even bother showing up in Indiana, just forefit every game.

Bogut is also a much better player than Granger. Man, the Bucks really stuck it to the Pacers!

Then the fans can use the time that they used to use watching games by learning to spell simple words such as forfeit.

Brian
06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Kstat,Im not trying to start anything.

Im just honestly wondering why a devoted pistons fan posts on a pacers board?.

Again im not trying to start anything,Im just wondering.

Lord Helmet
06-29-2005, 01:27 AM
:unimpress at this thread.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:29 AM

Exactly, it is pathetic enough that some PACERS fans spend so much time on this board (including myself). Don't give the excuse you just like good basketball talk. You get some sort of pleasure by having "Pacers fans" kiss Detroits *** and tell you what a great fan you are. I don't understand how you could spend so much time on an enemy's board. How much time do you spend on Pistons boards.

Hicks
06-29-2005, 01:30 AM
:unimpress at this thread.

Agreed. This whole thread has been a waste of brain cells.

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:30 AM

UB, Jay, Suave, Peck, BP, Rim, Dipper, Shade, Hicks, SIG, Efx, among others.

A lot of us came to PD together, and we all built this place from the ground up. Pistons fan or not, I thought we created something special here. I originally joined IS, because they gave me an inside perspective on a division rival, and I in turn gave them the same thing.

Being a fan of another team doesn't mean you have to hate other fans. These guys aren't my "enemies." Some of the best basketball discussion I've ever had has come here.

Pacers Digest isn't about blind hate. People should understand that before checking in here.

FiestyFosterFanatic
06-29-2005, 01:31 AM
I really don't think our starting 5 is better.

Tinsley
Jackson
Artest
O'Neal
Davis

Billups
Hamilton
Prince
Wallace
Wallace

Rasheed shuts JO down nearly everytime, sure he might have a good first half, but then he disapears. I think Davis/Foster is on the same level pretty much as Ben. Prince gave Artest fits 2 years ago, Hamilton always has a career night, same with Billups.

efx
06-29-2005, 01:33 AM
If there is one word that some of the posters in this thread needs to learn, it is "responsiblity" and what it means.

This thread is the sort of garbage I expect from the indystar board or the realgm forum.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:34 AM
While others need to learn LOYALTY

Brian

A lot of us came to PD together, and we all built this place from the ground up. Pistons fan or not, I thought we created something special here.

Being a fan of another team doesn't mean you have to hate other fans. These guys aren't my "enemies." SOme of the best basketball discussion I've ever had has come here.

Pacers Digest isn't about blind hate. People should understand that before checking in here.

Ahh cool,I was just wondering.

Did all you guys start out on RATS?.

Kstat
If there is one word that some of the posters in this thread needs to learn, it is "responsiblity" and what it means.

This thread is the sort of garbage I expect from the indystar board or the realgm forum.

Exactly.

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Ahh cool,I was just wondering.

Did all you guys start out on RATS?.

I can't speak for everybody, but I know PD was started by those of us who chose to break away from RATS.

Brian
06-29-2005, 01:37 AM
I can't speak for everybody, but I know PD was started by those of us who chose to break away from RATS.

Cool.

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:37 AM
While others need to learn LOYALTY

See, that's just it. You don't understand the word.

What you're talking about isn't loyalty. It's misplaced resentment.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:38 AM
See, that's just it. You don't understand the word.

What you're talking about isn't loyalty. It's misplaced resentment.

Oh ok! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm really going to take advice from a guy who spends all of his free time on the internet and can't spell.

foretaz
06-29-2005, 01:39 AM
the pistons and their fans will always have their championship from 2 years ago....they can always fall back on that...

but they have officially entered a time that is gonna be full of frustration and aggravation for quite some time....theyre gonna be a good team...just not good enuff....

theyre gonna have to watch as they constantly lose to their rival, and then watch that rival move on to the finals and win titles....

it will be a reoccuring nitemare....

they better prepare themselves

Suaveness

A lot of us came to PD together, and we all built this place from the ground up. Pistons fan or not, I thought we created something special here. I originally joined IS, because they gave me an inside perspective on a division rival, and I in turn gave them the same thing.

Being a fan of another team doesn't mean you have to hate other fans. These guys aren't my "enemies." Some of the best basketball discussion I've ever had has come here.

:buddies: We ride together!

Lord Helmet

What I was thinking.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Look! Pacers fans are slowly letting go of Detroit's nuts and coming back to Indiana!

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:41 AM
Oh ok! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm really going to take advice from a guy who spends all of his free time on the internet and can't spell.

Wait.....aren't you spending your free time on the internet?

And pardon me for doubting a guy that publicly wished kidney failure on another human being. I don't take basketball that seriously.

Hicks
06-29-2005, 01:41 AM
JS, a lot of your posts in this thread is NOT what PD is about. Take it someplace else.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:43 AM
I hate people like Alonzo Mourning. I could care less what happens to that loser. Anyway no I don't spend all my time on the internet..compare your little posting stats to mine.

GO!!!!!
06-29-2005, 01:43 AM

I'm hurt and on behalf of all those that have been left out of your tribute we are hurt, many more converted too and we all deserve mention !!

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:44 AM
I hate people like Alonzo Mourning. I could care less what happens to that loser. Anyway no I don't spend all my time on the internet..compare your little posting stats to mine.

I feel sorry for you. Seriously, I do.

I'm fortunate that I will never sink to the point that I will wish death to a human being that I don't know personally, as well as suffering on his wife and children, over a basketball game.

SoupIsGood
06-29-2005, 01:44 AM
:laugh: I left this thread and found myself in the Shout Box! Nice call, Hicks!

Suaveness
06-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Seriously, do grow up. One would think you would have a little more maturity about the way you go about saying things.

Suaveness

That's pretty sick, you know

Kstat
I'm hurt and on behalf of all those that have been left out of your tribute we are hurt, many more converted too and we all deserve mention !!

I didn't exactly take my time making that list, hence the "among others" mention.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Did I say I wanted him to die? No, once again I could care less about Alonzo Mourning. He is an embarrasment to the human race though the way he acts.

aceace
06-29-2005, 01:48 AM

Kstat, I've always thought you exhibited great class here. You always bring an outside view of our team that some of us don't see due to the blue and gold banners waving in front of our faces. I still hate the Pistons because of the fiasco and your playoff success against us the last 2 years.

Theres no reason you can't be here unless you start bashing our team which I don't think you will ever do. Besides that, when we kick ur *** next year with a healthy, deeper team I want to be able to rub it in.

Suaveness
06-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Did I say I wanted him to die? No, once again I could care less about Alonzo Mourning. He is an embarrasment to the human race though the way he acts.

Bin Laden is an embarrasment to human race. So is Hussein. And Hitler.

Mourning is not

These are pretty stupid arguments :rolleyes:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Seriously though you guys show way too much respect for the Pistons after they did so much to us. Pacers agree we got screwed. Read that one guy's signature about Reggie Miller talking about how Indiana got screwed over while Detroit got a slap on the wrist.

Kstat
06-29-2005, 01:58 AM
Because we're mature enough not to extend personal grudges over a basketball game.

I'm not terribly fond of Stephen Jackson personally, and many here aren't fond of Ben Wallace. However, I respect Stephen as a basketball player. I also don't go out of my way to rip him every day. There's a level of common courtesy that extends here. Look at the rules.

You've been here for what, three months? You should have realized that by now.

You're welcome to go pick fights over at RATS if you're that desperate to find an enemy. RATS is RATS and PD is PD. We're different.

PacerNthaDesert
06-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Bin Laden is an embarrasment to human race. So is Hussein. And Hitler.

Mourning is not

These are pretty stupid arguments :rolleyes:

Exactly

BTW kstat seems like a quaility poster to me, nothing wrong with stiring the pot once in a while and getting another prospective. Of course I've only been around here for about 5 weeks so what do I know.. :cool:

efx
06-29-2005, 02:11 AM

People who resort to insults on a forum to make a point probably didn't have much of a point to make to begin with.

sc
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Seriously though you guys show way too much respect for the Pistons after they did so much to us. Pacers agree we got screwed. Read that one guy's signature about Reggie Miller talking about how Indiana got screwed over while Detroit got a slap on the wrist.

Becuase we live in a place that has rules, and those rules state what players get for suspensions when they GO INTO THE STANDS. The Pistons got three suspensions if I remember correctly, two for leaving the bench and one 6 gamer for fighting. You can only suspend within the rules.

The Pacers on the other hand left the court and found out that the rules are a little different.

Instead of blaming the Pistons for ruining your season, blame the three selfish knuckleheads who put their tempers and egos in front of their team and it cost them(and you) dearly.

Time to take the responsibility for what happened and move on. The season is over, hopefully Artest will learn from his mistakes. Remember you cut the cancer out and he is eating away at your chances.

8.9_seconds
06-30-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm sorry if I'm resurecting this, but this is so stupid.
First of all,Alonzo Mourning has changed alot in the past years and is a quality player...

Second Detroit is a quality Team, they beat us 2 years in a row.

Third, you sound like a ranting a**hole, disgracing the name of the Pacer's.

Fourth, I am so sick of this true fan crap! To be a true fan, you first have to be a fan and resepect and love the sport, then the team. You can't respect the sport by bashing teams that just ended up playing better.The Pistons, despite what happened on 11/19, show us and Reggie real respect on our last game.

Ok, so start telling me how I am not a true fan and How I am just kissing the *** of the Pistons, because I expect it.

Kstat
06-30-2005, 02:21 AM
It appears Shuttlesworth has gone "Sassan" on us.......

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1510163#post1510163

I wonder sometimes why people feel it's perfectly ok to use gay slurs, but are taboo on racial slurs.

SoupIsGood
06-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Ugh.

Hicks
06-30-2005, 12:56 PM
It appears Shuttlesworth has gone "Sassan" on us.......

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1510163#post1510163

I wonder sometimes why people feel it's perfectly ok to use gay slurs, but are taboo on racial slurs.

Well, at least now I don't have to debate what to do next with him here.

Isaac
06-30-2005, 01:16 PM
I know you guys don't take what they say seriously on RATS, but I'm going to address it anyways.

yes the admins over there let the power go to their head. Esp. Hicks...And sad thing is that's all he does. He didn't setup or pay for the site.
They have cliques...and if you arent in them...then your an outcast...

:bs2:

I have felt accepted here since the minute I arrived. Even after my very first post. It was taken seriously, and the people who disagreed with what I said voiced their opinion in a respectfull manner. I already feel like an accepted member of this forum, and I joined pretty close to when the playoffs started this year.

The people who get treated like **** here are the ones who deserve it. If they continue to troll and never make a decent post or argument, why should they get any respect? I just wanted to say you guys have all done a great job making me feel welcome at the forums, and I have never seen anybody be wrongfully disrespectful.

PistonsNation
06-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Will passing the blame ever end? Ben didn't throw Artest into the crowd, he went there himself. I know this can be agrued to we've all got carpal tunnel (sp?) in our hands, but at the end of the day Rapp'n Ronnie made his bed and had to lie in it...for a very long time.

Kstat
06-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Will passing the blame ever end? Ben didn't throw Artest into the crowd, he went there himself. I know this can be agrued to we've all got carpal tunnel (sp?) in our hands, but at the end of the day Rapp'n Ronnie made his bed and had to lie in it...for a very long time.

....which is why we're all better off just letting the subject die. It's a touchy topic for everyone.

Lord Helmet
06-30-2005, 02:11 PM
....which is why we're all better off just letting the subject die. It's a touchy topic for everyone.
Exactly, no one wants to debate it anymore. It's a very old and boring subject, now. That often leads to people getting way too heated.

PistonsNation
06-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Exactly, no one wants to debate it anymore. It's a very old and boring subject, now. That often leads to people getting way too heated.

Agreed. ;)

Lord Helmet
06-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Agreed. ;)
:D