PDA

View Full Version : The New Money Game

Jose Slaughter
06-17-2005, 05:48 AM
Lets play a little game.............

You have been put in charge of the Treasury Department. Your first job is to change the face of all U.S. currency.

Here is the list.

Coins
Penny
Nickle
Dime
Quarter
Half Dollar
Dollar Coin

Paper
$1
$2
$5
$10
$20
$50
$100

Between the coins & the paper money you have 13 items to deal with.

Here is your challenge.

Who, or what to you put on the front & back of each?

bballkingsrock
06-17-2005, 11:11 AM
A number?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok Here's what I'd put on the Front/Back

$1 - Abe Lincoln, but only if they prove he wasn't gay./A little 9/11 Tribute with the slogan "***** Jihad, Viva la Bush!"

$2 - Well nobody uses $2 bills anymore except old people who think it is cool that they know how to get them....

$5 - Ronald Reagan/Statue of Liberty..I suppose would be a good thing to put on the back of a $5 bill.

$10 - George H.W. Bush/The Capital

$20 - George W. Bush/The White House

$50 - Ron Artest/Conseco

$100 - Jesus Shuttlesworth/Coney Island

Penny - Bill Clinton, because like Pennies he too was worthless/A Saturn car because that too is a worthles piece of metal...or plastic, whatever the hell those things are made out of.

Nickle - Carlton Banks/His Bel-Air Estate...you know to show the success of Capitalism

Dime - Richard Nixon, cause that guy gets a bad rap/The Indiana Pacers logo because they to get a bad rap. You see the Dime would be perfect for this because for some reason it is smaller than other coins that are worth less than it.

Quarter - "My Man" Mitch Daniels because IN is the greatest state/a picture of IN

Half Dollar - See explanation of $2 bills

Dollar Coin - See explanation of half dollar

Will Galen
06-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Lets play a little game.............

You have been put in charge of the Treasury Department. Your first job is to change the face of all U.S. currency.

Here is the list.

Coins
Penny
Nickle
Dime
Quarter
Half Dollar
Dollar Coin

Paper
$1
$2
$5
$10
$20
$50
$100

Between the coins & the paper money you have 13 items to deal with.

Here is your challenge.

Who, or what to you put on the front & back of each?

First of all the denomination. A coin or bill doesn't do you any good unless you know what it is.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-17-2005, 07:56 PM
First of all the denomination. A coin or bill doesn't do you any good unless you know what it is.

What are you talking about?! Putting a tad too much thought in to a fun post.

Jose Slaughter
06-17-2005, 10:37 PM
It is kindda a given that the denomination would be on there.

Even though I don't care for any of Jesus' answers, he kindda got the concept.

I was hoping people would think along the lines of presidents, statesmen, famous leaders, both male & female. On the back of the coins & bills I would put landmarks like the twin towers, the grand canyon, Mt. Rushmore... that type of thing.

I'll give you my list later, I'm a little short of time right now.

Peck
06-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Ok Here's what I'd put on the Front/Back

$1 - Abe Lincoln, but only if they prove he wasn't gay./A little 9/11 Tribute with the slogan "***** Jihad, Viva la Bush!"

$2 - Well nobody uses $2 bills anymore except old people who think it is cool that they know how to get them....

$5 - Ronald Reagan/Statue of Liberty..I suppose would be a good thing to put on the back of a $5 bill.

$10 - George H.W. Bush/The Capital

$20 - George W. Bush/The White House

$50 - Ron Artest/Conseco

$100 - Jesus Shuttlesworth/Coney Island

Penny - Bill Clinton, because like Pennies he too was worthless/A Saturn car because that too is a worthles piece of metal...or plastic, whatever the hell those things are made out of.

Nickle - Carlton Banks/His Bel-Air Estate...you know to show the success of Capitalism

Dime - Richard Nixon, cause that guy gets a bad rap/The Indiana Pacers logo because they to get a bad rap. You see the Dime would be perfect for this because for some reason it is smaller than other coins that are worth less than it.

Quarter - "My Man" Mitch Daniels because IN is the greatest state/a picture of IN

Half Dollar - See explanation of $2 bills

Dollar Coin - See explanation of half dollar

These are perfect & I wouldn't change a damn thing!!!!! Ok, scratch that I would change the $50.00 bill to Dale Davis on one side & M.S.A. on the other.

The Bill Clinton penny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kegboy
06-17-2005, 10:55 PM

:blush:

:1outtaher

Ragnar
06-17-2005, 11:58 PM
I think the front and back should be related in some way and be if people pay attention a little bit of a history lesson.

Paper
$1 Washington/ Washington Crossing the Delaware.
http://www.americanrevolution.org/delxlg.gif

$2 Franklin/Signing of the constitution.
http://www.constitution.org/img/trumbull_doi.jpg

$5 Jefferson/White house (it was his idea to hold a contest that led to the eventual design)
You know what it looks like I assume.

$10 Lincoln/Monitor and the Merrimack (ushered in the modern era of Naval Warfare.)
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/OWP/G2053~Monitor-and-the-Merrimac.jpg

$20 Fredrick Douglas/Statue of Liberty

$50 Edison/Hoover dam. (he did not build it but it was built on the principals he discovered)

$100 Ayn Rand/NY Skyline. (I would take Reagan and a Aircraft carrier also.)

I didnít spend any time on the coins sorry.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-18-2005, 12:32 AM
These are perfect & I wouldn't change a damn thing!!!!! Ok, scratch that I would change the $50.00 bill to Dale Davis on one side & M.S.A. on the other.

The Bill Clinton penny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Double D & MSA...I could go for that just as much..perhaps we'll take Jesus and Coney Island off the 100 and put Ron and Conseco there.

Hicks
06-18-2005, 01:19 AM
$1 Bill:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/images/hicksmidgetpeck.jpg

Jose Slaughter
06-18-2005, 05:39 AM
Thanks Ragnar. nice job.

I'll try to tackle the coins but without all the work of looking for the art work.

Penny: James Madison/13 origianl colonies

Nickle: Harriet Tubman/Emancipation Proclamation

Dime: Setting Bull/Indian Village

Quarter: Mertin Luther King/Declaration of Independence

Fifty Cent Piece: Susan B. Anthony & Elizabeth Cady Stanton/Voting Booth

Dollar Coin: Wright Brother & Space Shuttle/Map of U.S.A.

Stryder
06-18-2005, 11:32 AM
I think the front and back should be related in some way and be if people pay attention a little bit of a history lesson.

Paper
$1 Washington/ Washington Crossing the Delaware.
http://www.americanrevolution.org/delxlg.gif

$2 Franklin/Signing of the constitution.
http://www.constitution.org/img/trumbull_doi.jpg

$5 Jefferson/White house (it was his idea to hold a contest that led to the eventual design)
You know what it looks like I assume.

$10 Lincoln/Monitor and the Merrimack (ushered in the modern era of Naval Warfare.)
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/OWP/G2053~Monitor-and-the-Merrimac.jpg

$20 Fredrick Douglas/Statue of Liberty

$50 Edison/Hoover dam. (he did not build it but it was built on the principals he discovered)

$100 Ayn Rand/NY Skyline. (I would take Reagan and a Aircraft carrier also.)

I didnít spend any time on the coins sorry.

All truly excellent ideas.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Was it really necessary to move that?

grace
06-18-2005, 11:14 PM

:blush:

:1outtaher

:spitout: :lmao:

Well, look at it this way. You were just a little kid when you thought it would be cool to collect and frame them.

SycamoreKen
06-19-2005, 12:26 AM
$5 bill Teddy Rossevelt front, Panama Canal back. Read David McCullaugh's book to find out just how amazing a feat this was. It wouldn't have happened if T.R. hadn't pushed it.

I want to do more of these, but I'm out for the week on a mission trip.