PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest At his best is Top 5-10 in the game.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-14-2005, 10:48 PM
And you can't deny it! This guy will average 20+ Points next season and be the defensive monster we all know he can be! You look at guys like KG,Duncan,TMac,Jkidd...they all play D. Sure, But do they play the same D that Ronnie can play? not exactly. Bowen is a DPOY, but he is no ron artest. Ben Wallace is A DPOY, But he sure as hell can't impact a game the way ron can. Ron Artest is our MVP on this team. It should be JO,Key word SHOULD. But It isn't. Artest has MVP capabilitys. And we might witness something special next season. It's a shame reggie didn't stick around for the party. Oh well, Guess he will have to enjoy stephen jacksons ring that will be fed ex'd to him.

pacerlife
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
AGREED!! IF he can keep his head on strait.

circlecitysportsfan
06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
I agree as well, the question with Ron has never been his skills. Could you imagine a "sane" person with his skill set? Scary.....

OnlyPacersLeft
06-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Ron is crazy. Sure, but he is one hell of a damn ball player. And who isn't a little crazy? I mean two words...Rasheed Wallace. He has a ring, I mean come on! Ben Wallace? the scum of the earth have rings!

efx
06-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Ron Artest is a great player but there are at least 5-10 players I'd take before him if I could do a dream-draft.

Isaac
06-15-2005, 12:49 AM
I sure as hell hope you're right, and i think you are, but I really want to see the Ron we saw at the start of the year this past season all year next year. If he keeps his head on straight hes the key to our title hopes.

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 01:41 AM
The return of Sassan. Welcome back!

Kstat
06-15-2005, 01:43 AM
The return of Sassan. Welcome back!

:laugh:

Hicks
06-15-2005, 02:15 AM
It's not Sassan.

Kstat
06-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Sarcasm, Hicks. Sarcasm.

Hicks
06-15-2005, 02:29 AM
Uh huh.

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Uh huh.

Hey, I like Sassan, so...

ImCrazyB
06-15-2005, 02:54 AM
I think he's top 5 material.

He is the best swing man defender in the NBA on top of the fact he can put up 20+ every night.

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 02:57 AM
CrazyB!

DisplacedKnick
06-15-2005, 08:10 AM
I can't believe I just read through this thread. I am now stupider for it. However I'll summarize my responses:

Sure I can.

No.

Because he chokes in tight situations.

We saw something special last November 19. I know I'll remember it forever.

Where did you come up with that?

Unclebuck
06-15-2005, 08:59 AM
If you discount Ron's "distractions" I think he is a top 10 player, probably somewhere around number 8, but even I would not put him any higher than 8.

It was interesting to hear the Dan Patrick show yesterday on ESPN radio. They had Will Perdue on and they were going through the top 10 players and got to number 11 and did not mention J.O or Artest. (they were discussing how good Manu is)

ChicagoJ
06-15-2005, 10:57 AM
JO needs a healthy season to regain his "status". He didn't even get a single MVP vote this season, IIRC. And he didn't deserve one. He was merely great (and he *was* great and I appreciate his effort and willingness to play hurt), but he was not a top-fifteen player this season.

Roy Munson
06-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I agree as well, the question with Ron has never been his skills. Could you imagine a "sane" person with his skill set? Scary.....

Part of what makes Artest as good as he is, is the fact that he's partially insane. If he was a calm "sane" person, he wouldn't play the way he does. And one other reason he is as effective as he is is because his opponents are slightly afraid of him. His reputation preceeds him, and many players, especially young players, are going to be hesitant to go at him very hard. He will be a very intimidating player to face next season.

indygeezer
06-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I could hit the Powerball tonight and win $15,000,000.00 and I'll be rich and life will be good. And when I do, I'll buy all my PAcer Digest buddies season tix and we'll all be happy and I'll finally be voted MOST VALUBLE POSTER!

See? I can project and speculate too. Fact is, I ain't buying the tickets until I've cashed the check.

Suaveness
06-15-2005, 11:21 AM
I could hit the Powerball tonight and win $15,000,000.00 and I'll be rich and life will be good. And when I do, I'll buy all my PAcer Digest buddies season tix and we'll all be happy and I'll finally be voted MOST VALUBLE POSTER!

See? I can project and speculate too. Fact is, I ain't buying the tickets until I've cashed the check.

I'm holding you to this, Geez. If you do win that 15 mil, you had better cough up the season tickets....:buddies:

able
06-15-2005, 11:23 AM

A. This has been duly noted, a pressclipping-service has been asked to keep a keen eye Powerball winners in then next years.
B. I do assume this includes airfare for a select few (of course including me :D )
C. I wish you all the luck in the world
D. Please make sure to buy powerball tickets at EVERY drawing!

:devil:

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 11:35 AM
I nominate this for Most Scintillating Thread in the forum awards.

indygeezer
06-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Uh...not wanting to ever be accused of buying votes.....

nah, I won't do that.

But I did say "buddies" so anyone who has ever diasgreed with me.......

oh alright.

sheesh

:cry:

TripleThreat
06-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Uh...not wanting to ever be accused of buying votes.....

nah, I won't do that.

But I did say "buddies" so anyone who has ever diasgreed with me.......

oh alright.

sheesh

:cry:
do ***'ers count? Does your offer include airfare to and from Indy on game nights? Can I get tix for Dallas, San Antonio and New Orleans, too? Those are cities close enough for me to travel to...

Geez...you are the best!!!

indygeezer
06-15-2005, 12:35 PM
do ***'ers count? Does your offer include airfare to and from Indy on game nights? Can I get tix for Dallas, San Antonio and New Orleans, too? Those are cities close enough for me to travel to...

Geez...you are the best!!!

dang..........and I thought it was only my good fer nothin' youngen's I'd have to worry about.

How about this..........I just buy the Pacers and throw the doors open? Would that....no, they'd want free popcorn and beer too.

buncha lazy scum.........

never even sent me a birthday card...

mumble....mumble :censored:

OnlyPacersLeft
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Mark it down. Ron Artest will win the leagues MVP next season. And be the finals MVP.

once again who the hell is sassan?

Jermaniac
06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
This isnt Sassan, if its anyone its JO7

Los Angeles
06-15-2005, 06:45 PM
This isnt Sassan, if its anyone its JO7
No way - J33J uses his "enter" key.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Why the hell do they keep moving threads to the shout box? I would call a thread about Ron Artest - Pacer Related.

Jermaniac
06-15-2005, 07:02 PM
On PD a thread where Ron Artest is not bashed is a bad thread

Hicks
06-15-2005, 07:20 PM
God forbid anyone think. This thread was rant and banter, not real discussion. A lot of "I think Ron's the greatest, and you can't make me feel no different! Hmmph! *cross arms, turn head*" and then one-liner jokes. That's not material for the main board.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I'd still go with its Pacers Related

Jermaniac
06-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Make a thread about how Ron Artest is a horrible human being and I bet you, you will get it up to 5 pages with all the Ron haters agreeing with you, and then after 5 page maybe it will be moved here.