obnoxiousmodesty
06-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Well... okay then.

PHC Fan
06-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Yay, rah, sisk-oom-bah-humbug.

RWB
06-15-2005, 09:19 AM
From a pure football point this really isn't very exciting news. From a good guy point of view it's not bad.

As a person I like Morris so I guess I cut him a little more slack. After one particular grueling training camp practice no one stopped to sign autogrpahs for the fans. Couldn't blame the players because it turned out to be the hottest day that summer and you could tell those guys were completely exhausted. The fans would yell out as the players would ride by on the carts with many not even taking the time to wave.

Morris comes out the side entrance with ice bags on both knees and get's ready to hop on the cart with the rest of the guys. The fans are still yelling, he get's on the cart, then says "oh man" and hops back off. Players on the cart tell him "dog your crazy, in this heat)? Morris waves the cart on then SLOWLY walks up this small incline to where the fans are standing. Signed for everyone and stood around to take pictures. By the time he was finished all the carts had already left so he had to walk up that big hill to join the team. Now I know that doesn't sound like much as we have walked up large hills in our lives. However, when you are dead tired, knees are killing you, that does say something for the guy's character.

Too bad he still sucks as a LB. ;)

travmil
06-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Shamelessly stolen from the RATS Colts board.

http://sherwooddesign.org/images/robmorris_returns.jpg

FiestyFosterFanatic
06-15-2005, 11:51 PM
King of the Funnels? I don't get it.

travmil
06-16-2005, 03:35 AM
King of the Funnels? I don't get it.

It's a joke that refers to a statement Bill Polian made once about Rob's purpose being to "funnel" ball carriers into a situation where Rob's teammates could tackle him. It was quite funny, considering that a MLB's job should be to destroy ball carriers without help from anyone else. Trouble is, my grandma could get the ball past Rob, and she's blind and uses a walker.

PHC Fan
06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
It's a joke that refers to a statement Bill Polian made once about Rob's purpose being to "funnel" ball carriers into a situation where Rob's teammates could tackle him. It was quite funny, considering that a MLB's job should be to destroy ball carriers without help from anyone else. Trouble is, my grandma could get the ball past Rob, and she's blind and uses a walker.
Now, I don't think that is fair. I think that she'd eventually tire from dragging his butt for 10 miles as he hopelessly hangs on to her ankles.

Spicoli
06-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Morris sucks. But at least now he's not overpaid to suck.

<edit> ok, that doesn't sound exactly right, but you know what I mean. :D

BluBlood
06-16-2005, 04:24 PM
The only reason Morris is still on this team is Polian wont bite the bullet and admit that he blew a first round pick. At least we have depth at Mike now.

Suaveness
06-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Better than Gary Brackett.....

I think we are in a wee bit of trouble if we are comparing Brackett and Morris...:censored:

Natston
06-16-2005, 11:27 PM
The only reason Morris is still on this team is Polian wont bite the bullet and admit that he blew a first round pick. At least we have depth at Mike now.

That's why Polian let him go unsigned for that long and only signed him after we had a rookie linebacker get hurt and had no viable MLB there? :rolleyes:

I'm kinda happy we retained our best run stopper for 500K. If he was even marginal in the passing game, he'd have a lot more fans.

SjA3837
06-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Err!! I got his autograph last year... and I was expecting it to be a collectors item. :(

jk.. but I did get his autograph last year :P

BluBlood
06-17-2005, 02:42 PM
That's why Polian let him go unsigned for that long and only signed him after we had a rookie linebacker get hurt and had no viable MLB there? :rolleyes:

I'm kinda happy we retained our best run stopper for 500K. If he was even marginal in the passing game, he'd have a lot more fans.

Morris for 500k is fine. I can handle that.

BUT...

How in the world can you say that he is our best run stopper? June and Thornton both had alot more tackles than him last year. Oh, and Nick Harper had just as many tackles as Morris. Nick Harper is a cornerback....

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Well I have heard of this fellow, so I'm guessing this is a good thing.

Natston
06-20-2005, 02:41 AM
Morris for 500k is fine. I can handle that.

BUT...

How in the world can you say that he is our best run stopper? June and Thornton both had alot more tackles than him last year. Oh, and Nick Harper had just as many tackles as Morris. Nick Harper is a cornerback....

The number of tackles doesn't show how great a player is at tackling or blowing up playings. In terms of stopping plays for short gains or losses, Morris is the best out of that group. June and Thorton would get theirs from running plays down...

BluBlood
06-20-2005, 10:53 AM
The number of tackles doesn't show how great a player is at tackling or blowing up playings. In terms of stopping plays for short gains or losses, Morris is the best out of that group. June and Thorton would get theirs from running plays down...

The number of tackles...doesnt..show..how...well...you...tackle? He is a middle linebacker. He is supposed to tackle. That is his job, which he does poorly. Morris misses assignments, fills the wrong gaps and is as slow as smoke.

WEST
06-20-2005, 02:35 PM
The number of tackles...doesnt..show..how...well...you...tackle? :laugh:

Good use of conventional wisdom.

Natston
06-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Well Rob gets less time on the field (rightfully so) during passing situations, so yes his number of tackles is going to be less than linebackers or even a corner that plays the majority of the snaps. Running down plays from behind after messing up and actually stopping someone in the hole and driving them backwards is the same?

BluBlood
06-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Will and Sam linebackers run down plays becuase that is what they do. They support the weak and strong sides of the line. Its not that they are correcting mistakes. Rob being off the field for passing plays does not affect his number of tackles. Rob, after all, is a middle linebacker whose job is to stop the run. Which he does poorly.

Diamond Dave
06-21-2005, 11:53 AM
IMO Morris is by far our best short yardage stopper. Can't chase anyone down but seems to be able to break through the line to stop the fourth and 1 plays more than anyone else on this team.

Natston
06-24-2005, 11:28 PM
IMO Morris is by far our best short yardage stopper. Can't chase anyone down but seems to be able to break through the line to stop the fourth and 1 plays more than anyone else on this team.

That's what I was trying to say... :laugh:

Gamble
07-10-2005, 08:15 PM
You know Brackett was better than Morris against the Pats and Morris is
the only affordable MLB out there so why not. The real reason we can't stop the
run is bc we have no beef on the line.