PDA

View Full Version : Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

Hicks
05-07-2004, 09:09 PM
New Jersey is up 12 at the half. And to pour salt on the wound for the fans in the building, that William Hung kid is the half-time show. :laugh: :puke:

sweabs
05-07-2004, 09:12 PM
LOL - that guy is awful.
I look to Chauncey or Rip to take over this second half.

Cactus Jax
05-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Sheed's going back to the Portland days.

Also, I love how the fans totally boo the refs, and many will blame a possible Pistons loss, about one possible bad sequence. I thought it was a foul from my view-point, it was called called a travel, then changed and that was the only problem about it.

Hicks
05-07-2004, 09:14 PM
The Nets are showing what we have to do to win the ECF - We must have constantly good half court defense, and execute smart ball movement on offense. Also as Jefferson said, the key is to just accept the fact that Det will block and alter some shots, but you can't let that stop you from trying it anyway (within reason, don't just throw weak crap up there or they'll have 20+ blocks).

Oh, and shooting over 40% helps ;)

Cactus Jax
05-07-2004, 09:15 PM
SHE-BANGS!!! SHE-BANGS!!!

Did Kstat go to the game? If so, his ears muct be bleeding by now. :o :devil:

Hicks
05-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Sheed's going back to the Portland days.

Also, I love how the fans totally boo the refs, and many will blame a possible Pistons loss, about one possible bad sequence. I thought it was a foul from my view-point, it was called called a travel, then changed and that was the only problem about it.

I was surprised the let Sheed get away at the end there. He got up in the ref's face a bit to yell about the lack of a traveling call late, and I thought for sure he was in trouble. Oh well. He's been pretty good this year, so a little leniency isn't so surprising I guess.

Cactus Jax
05-07-2004, 09:18 PM
The Nets are showing what we have to do to win the ECF - We must have constantly good half court defense, and execute smart ball movement on offense. Also as Jefferson said, the key is to just accept the fact that Det will block and alter some shots, but you can't let that stop you from trying it anyway (within reason, don't just throw weak crap up there or they'll have 20+ blocks).

What if they beat the Pistons? :P ;)

Hicks
05-07-2004, 09:24 PM

What if they beat the Pistons? :P ;)

Let's just say I'll worry about that if and when.

TheSauceMaster
05-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Atleast the Refs are being consistant on calling traveling calls :laugh: :laugh:

Will Galen
05-07-2004, 09:35 PM
New Jersey is up 12 at the half. And to pour salt on the wound for the fans in the building, that William Hung kid is the half-time show. :laugh: :puke:

You need an Icon of a hangmans noose.

Will Galen
05-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Where was the offensive foul?

zxc
05-07-2004, 09:41 PM

Don't know. Seems like Detroit can do no wrong right now NJ is getting no calls at all.

Kstat
05-07-2004, 09:49 PM

Don't know. Seems like Detroit can do no wrong right now NJ is getting no calls at all.

Consider it payback for the 2nd qtr.. :devil:

BTW, it might have been an offenseive foul, but it clearly wasnt a foul on ben, and Aaron missed the shot so its a moot point.

indytoad
05-07-2004, 10:10 PM
What I'm seeing now just convinces me more that there is no possible way the Pacers can beat Detroit, barring some major injury. I don't even see how anyone could make that argument. There's just no way.

IndyToad
Ai oh, let's go

Kstat
05-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Wow. THis is even WORSE for NJ than just blowing them out the whole game......

Cactus Jax
05-07-2004, 10:15 PM
What I'm seeing now just convinces me more that there is no possible way the Pacers can beat Detroit, barring some major injury. I don't even see how anyone could make that argument. There's just no way.

IndyToad
Ai oh, let's go

:unimpressed:

Southside_Pacer
05-07-2004, 10:17 PM

IndyToad
Ai oh, let's go

You don't think the Pacers will ever win another game, ever. :rolleyes:

indytoad
05-07-2004, 10:20 PM

IndyToad
Ai oh, let's go

I'm not trying to be especially negative here, really, honestly. I just don't see where the Pacers have any kind of possible advantage against the Pistons, aside from a slight edge at SF. I just want to see if anyone can show me how you guys are going into this series with any shred of hope, especially after how badly NJ -who's at least Indy's equal- is getting spanked this badly.

IndyToad
Hear this wondrous story

Hicks
05-07-2004, 10:25 PM

IndyToad
Ai oh, let's go

I'm not trying to be especially negative here, really, honestly. I just don't see where the Pacers have any kind of possible advantage against the Pistons, aside from a slight edge at SF. I just want to see if anyone can show me how you guys are going into this series with any shred of hope, especially after how badly NJ -who's at least Indy's equal- is getting spanked this badly.

IndyToad
Hear this wondrous story

Couple problems. 1st of all, saying an all-star, 18ppgs DPOY is only slightly an advantage of Prince is an insult. 2nd, what the hell is JO, chopped liver? And also, we play better defense than NJ, and we play a better half court offense than New Jersey. And we have more weapons. You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.

zxc
05-07-2004, 10:30 PM
You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.

Not just equal, "at least our equal".. :unimpressed:

Though I do have to agree with some of what he said. I'm really not liking our chances watching as things progress so far this postseason. JO has not been very impressive especially in the post so far and we have played 2 teams with nothing inside. We will need him and Ron playing their best ball of the season in the ECF not sure if JO is gonna get there. Plus we will need Reggie and Tinsley to be hitting their shots every game to have a chance. Not looking good.

Hicks
05-07-2004, 10:35 PM
You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.

Not just equal, "at least our equal".. :unimpressed:

Though I do have to agree with some of what he said. I'm really not liking our chances watching as things progress so far this postseason. JO has not been very impressive especially in the post so far and we have played 2 teams with nothing inside. We will need him and Ron playing their best ball of the season in the ECF not sure if JO is gonna get there. Plus we will need Reggie and Tinsley to be hitting their shots every game to have a chance. Not looking good.

Walk away from the cliff already. :unimpressed: You two are so sure we're not worthy, yet you keep watching. Masochists.

zxc
05-07-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure we aren't worthy. Just being realistic. Hard to not see that the Pistons are playing better then the Pacers overall as of right now. I think we can still win, just pretty obvious Pistons are looking like the the favorites going into the series.

indytoad
05-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks for being civil, I'm trying to be less of a bad guy from now on...

Couple problems. 1st of all, saying an all-star, 18ppgs DPOY is only slightly an advantage of Prince is an insult.

Prince has been playing pretty damn well so far this postseason. He hasn't scored as much as Ronnie, but he doesn't have to. He's also a pretty good defender himself. He may not be able to stop Ron, but he can slow him down at least.

2nd, what the hell is JO, chopped liver?

Like zxc said, JO hasn't been playing very well so far, and Rasheed has always been able to check him very well. Factor in Ben coming in from the weakside and I think JO will be pretty much nullified.

And also, we play better defense than NJ, and we play a better half court offense than New Jersey. And we have more weapons. You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.

Jason Kidd closes the gap quite a bit. The game was pretty even last we played, as I recall, and NJ has been better since.

IndyToad
I didn't know he was a suspect

tora tora
05-07-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure we aren't worthy. Just being realistic. Hard to not see that the Pistons are playing better then the Pacers overall as of right now. I think we can still win, just pretty obvious Pistons are looking like the the favorites going into the series.

you never have anything positive to say zxc, why is that?

Southside_Pacer
05-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Hmmm, so the Pacers are the only the third team to beat their playoff opponets five straight times by double digits to start the playoffs and we're not worthy anymore. :unimpressed:

I hope people don't say "Well the Celtics are the worst playoff team in years, and Miami is young, and they're not going to have the legs to compete in this series."

We earned the right to play crappier teams, ie Boston, to start the playoffs due to our regular season.

We have two all stars, the deepest bench in the playoffs, and are very well coached. It'll be a great series, and we've got homecourt.

Will Galen
05-07-2004, 10:45 PM
What got NJ in trouble is their horrible passing out of double teams. Their passes seemed to be right to a Piston player every time. Everything escalated from there.

Anthem
05-07-2004, 10:45 PM
I just want to see if anyone can show me how you guys are going into this series with any shred of hope, especially after how badly NJ -who's at least Indy's equal- is getting spanked this badly.

Jersey is at least Indy's equal? Jersey was lucky to be the #3 team in the conference.

Sure, the Pistons are a better team now than they were early in the season. But so are the Pacers. I can't see the EC Finals going to any less than 6 games, although I can't predict a winner right now.

I'll tell you this: we have a much better chance of beating the Pistons than the Nets do.

Kstat
05-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Hmmm, so the Pacers are the only the third team to beat their playoff opponets five straight times by double digits to start the playoffs and we're not worthy anymore. :unimpressed:

I hope people don't say "Well the Celtics are the worst playoff team in years, and Miami is young, and they're not going to have the legs to compete in this series."

We earned the right to play crappier teams, ie Boston, to start the playoffs due to our regular season.

We have two all stars, the deepest bench in the playoffs, and are very well coached. It'll be a great series, and we've got homecourt.

You certainly have earned the right to have a nice little cakewalk to the ECF...just don't expect anyone to get real excited over you beating Boston and Miami. Detroit/NJ is the only east series that gets any real pub right now, and rightfully so.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Southside_Pacer
05-07-2004, 10:49 PM

You certainly have earned the right to have a nice little cakewalk to the ECF...just don't expect anyone to get real excited over you beating Boston and Miami. Detroit/NJ is the only east series that gets any real pub right now, and rightfully so.

I said that before the second round began that NJ/Det would get more interest on a national level than Ind/Miami. Although the press that NJ/Det is getting right now is claiming that it's the most boring playoff series ever. Not that it's a bad thing, cause defense is a good thing. But to the outsiders, they're hating it.

In return, beating Milwaukee wasn't all that exciting just like beating Boston wasn't.

indytoad
05-07-2004, 10:55 PM

If the Pistons had had Rasheed all season, they'd be the ones playing Miami right now, and I have no doubt they would have the same streak we do. And I'm also pretty sure we wouldn't have blown out NJ twice in a row.

You may not want to hear it, but it's true. These series' won't mean anything unless the P's lose.

I'll agree on two counts, but the Pacers' bench is highly overrated. Detroit's is our equal, at the least.

IndyToad
It's an outbreak

Southside_Pacer
05-07-2004, 11:01 PM

If the Pistons had had Rasheed all season, they'd be the ones playing Miami right now, and I have no doubt they would have the same streak we do. And I'm also pretty sure we wouldn't have blown out NJ twice in a row.

You may not want to hear it, but it's true. These series' won't mean anything unless the P's lose.

I'll agree on two counts, but the Pacers' bench is highly overrated. Detroit's is our equal, at the least.

IndyToad
It's an outbreak

I don't care if the Pistons had Sheed all season long. The Pacers still never lost more than two games in a row all season long. I guess that feat of consistant play means nothing to you.

You probably feel the Pacers will lose by 50+ tomorrow night, since you feel that they're going to lose by 50+ points every game. There's a reason not very many people agree with anything you have to say since to you the sky is falling. If only I had that sign to use.....

And the bench is highly overrated? Ugh, I don't think so. :rolleyes: There's a reason why JB can fill in nicely, as can Al, and Freddie, even Croshere from time to time. Having a quality bench who can keep momentum going, or increase it is an essential thing to have in the postseason.

Miami doesn't go all that deep, and they're tired anyways right now. You think they'd enjoy having some quality players to come off the bench right now and give their starters some rest?

Kstat
05-07-2004, 11:06 PM
IndyToad has perhaps the most apt sig on this board....

indytoad
05-07-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't care if the Pistons had Sheed all season long. The Pacers still never lost more than two games in a row all season long. I guess that feat of consistant play means nothing to you.

You can play consistently all season and still not be the best team going into the playoffs, which is what really matters. San Antonio wasn't particularly consistent throughout the season, yet they're still favorites to win the West, and the whole enchilada.

You probably feel the Pacers will lose by 50+ tomorrow night, since you feel that they're going to lose by 50+ points every game. There's a reason not very many people agree with anything you have to say since to you the sky is falling. If only I had that sign to use.....

And the bench is highly overrated? Ugh, I don't think so. :rolleyes: There's a reason why JB can fill in nicely, as can Al, and Freddie, even Croshere from time to time. Having a quality bench who can keep momentum going, or increase it is an essential thing to have in the postseason.

Miami doesn't go all that deep, and they're tired anyways right now. You think they'd enjoy having some quality players to come off the bench right now and give their starters some rest?

Our bench is probably one of the better ones, but not the best and not better than Detroit's, I don't think. Al Harrington is likely the best player between them, but the Pistons' is better top to bottom. Williamson, Okafur, Hunter, James? Maybe not quite as good offensively as the Pacers' bench, but I think their defensive intensity will be enough to fluster our young guys and render them mostly ineffective.

IndyToad has perhaps the most apt sig on this board....

You like it? Hicks made it for me.

IndyToad
My wife lets me do these things

Southside_Pacer
05-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Last time I checked, we were consistant, won the conference, won the division, had the best record in the NBA, and beat the Spurs at our place and lost to them by one at their place. We can play with anybody, and we've demonstrated that all year by beating everybody minus the Kings. Once again, you don't mention things like that.

I do challenge you to actually be positive, and have a positive outlook on something, anything that includes the Pacers.

I honestly do not think that you can. :unimpressed:

indytoad
05-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Last time I checked, we were consistant, won the conference, won the division, had the best record in the NBA, and beat the Spurs at our place and lost to them by one at their place. We can play with anybody, and we've demonstrated that all year by beating everybody minus the Kings. Once again, you don't mention things like that.

Well the Spurs are better than they were when we played them. Quite a bit better in fact. Same with Detroit and NJ. Everyone else, maybe not so much, but we probably won't play anyone else.

I do challenge you to actually be positive, and have a positive outlook on something, anything that includes the Pacers.

I honestly do not think that you can. :unimpressed:

I thought they'd beat Boston. That's positive right?

IndyToad
Brag, ladies

Southside_Pacer
05-07-2004, 11:29 PM
No, you weren't positive in us beating Boston. If the Celtics so much as made a shot you started saying that the Celtics were coming back into the game, the sky was falling, and impending doom was near. :unimpressed: Then again, that's your personality so I am not surprised in the least.

And if you think New Jersey is better, then you're going to lose respect from a lot of people. :unimpressed:

indytoad
05-07-2004, 11:31 PM
No, you weren't positive in us beating Boston. If the Celtics so much as made a shot you started saying that the Celtics were coming back into the game, the sky was falling, and impending doom was near. :unimpressed: Then again, that's your personality so I am not surprised in the least.

And if you think New Jersey is better, then you're going to lose respect from a lot of people. :unimpressed:

Too late for that, friend. ;)

IndyToad
Beatin' up white folk

Southside_Pacer
05-07-2004, 11:34 PM

Too late for that, friend. ;)

IndyToad
Beatin' up white folk

Tis true. I do like you, and you're one of the most unique people here. Take that any way you want to. :D

Unclebuck
05-07-2004, 11:46 PM
The second half the Pistons played was scary to watch.

Seemed like the Pistons had 6 guys on the court defensively, and that is IMO the highest compliment you can give a basketball team.

Anthem
05-07-2004, 11:58 PM

Not six, UB. Eight. ;)

Sometimes they had 8 on offense as well. :devil:

Unclebuck
05-08-2004, 12:07 AM

Not six, UB. Eight. ;)

You bring up a great point though. If the Pistons are allowed to foul on the double teams and when they "turn their defense up" the opponent has no chance.

Kstat
05-08-2004, 12:10 AM

Not six, UB. Eight. ;)

You bring up a great point though. If the Pistons are allowed to foul on the double teams and when they "turn their defense up" the opponent has no chance.

Funny, seemed like NJ was playing 8 on 5 in the first half...... :unimpressed:

....or maybe the calls just go to the aggressive team :whoknows:

Anthem
05-08-2004, 12:11 AM

Not six, UB. Eight. ;)

Well the same goes for us. As long as the calls are consistent, I couldn't care less. No matter what Indytoad says, I think our bench is excellent. If all of the starters foul out for both teams, there's no question in my mind that out bench would take their bench.

Kstat
05-08-2004, 12:13 AM
I think it was a VERY telling sign that this thread was busy as hell in the first half, and in the second half all of a sudden everyone lost interest, until Indytoad gave you guys some inspiration.....I think although you guys won't admit it, you really, REALLY don't like the idea of facing Detroit in the ECF, and you guys are rooting HEAVILY for the Nets.. ;)

sweabs
05-08-2004, 12:18 AM
I really want Detroit to win so that we can play them in ECF hopefully. Therefore, I can make the not-so-far drive to Detroit and root for the Pacers!!!

tora tora
05-08-2004, 12:39 AM
I think it was a VERY telling sign that this thread was busy as hell in the first half, and in the second half all of a sudden everyone lost interest, until Indytoad gave you guys some inspiration.....I think although you guys won't admit it, you really, REALLY don't like the idea of facing Detroit in the ECF, and you guys are rooting HEAVILY for the Nets.. ;)

when the pacers upset the pistons in the eastern conference finals I doubt you'll be seen trolling over here on a 24/7 basis like you are now...

Kstat
05-08-2004, 12:42 AM

when the pacers upset the pistons in the eastern conference finals I doubt you'll be seen trolling over here on a 24/7 basis like you are now...

.........excuse me? 175 posts and you call ME a troll? lol :rolleyes:

And you're right, after over TWO YEARS on Indystar/PD I'm going to leave and never come back if my team loses to Indy. :rolleyes: .

Its not like I have to justify myself anyhow. You know what, Charles, I think YOU'RE a troll.....

tora tora
05-08-2004, 01:33 AM

And you're right, after over TWO YEARS on Indystar/PD I'm going to leave and never come back if my team loses to Indy. :rolleyes: .

Its not like I have to justify myself anyhow. You know what, Charles, I think YOU'RE a troll.....

nah, in case you didn't notice this is a pacers forum... if you have such a hard on for the pistons then go where you belong... and take those damn rasheed wallace posters off your wall.

Kstat
05-08-2004, 01:41 AM

nah, in case you didn't notice this is a pacers forum... if you have such a hard on for the pistons then go where you belong... and take those damn rasheed wallace posters off your wall.

Sorry, I'm here to stay, win or lose......if you don't like it you can always leave.

Simply not being a pacers fan doesn't make me a troll.

able
05-08-2004, 07:34 AM
I remember a lot of the posts made when Detroit had a 13 game winning streak going over December/January.
We would not stand a chance, we would be #14 and so on.

Fact? we trashed Detroit, annihilated them, goodbye streak.

There was another streak that died at the hands of the Pacers, NJ.

As NJ is playing now, Pacers would trash them to.

Miami would be different, they made it a battle, they were gonna give us a hard time.

The reason this team has not put up "numbers" as in individual stats is that none of our starters has yet done "regular" minutes.

They are cruising. nothing else.

I am sure they will "step it up" a notch or 2 - 3 in the next game and a few more in in the 1st meeting in Miami, then another sweep is a fact.

Detroit will not be a sweep, but we will win, that much I am sure of.

Pacers are simply the better team, JO has no problem whatsoever with Rasheed, he has put up at least his average against him every time he played him, except the one game against Detroit where he was limping.

Don't think for a second that the 1 -2 -3 JO - Artest - Harrington (or whoever, plays the 3d person) can not beat Detroit, they can have them for breakfast and still take on a nifty lunch.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 10:10 AM

Don't be childish, man. Post count means nothing in terms of trolling. And it doesn't give you "rank" over someone with less than you. If you really believed that, then you would gladly STFU whenever I asked because I have about 10,000 more than you. But I won't, because that's stupid.

Well, you were the one who liked to brag on how we were gonna be your next "victim" back when you were on your 13 win streak, and it's funny how you did a 180 soon after we beat you, as you later gave up on your team entirely. That's kind of pathetic.

No, he's not.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 10:15 AM
More importantly, Kstat, is that it's time you realized that many on here have grown tired of you lately because just about any post you've made for a while has either been a homer-Pistons post (they're better than you at this, or that, or they don't foul, or they don't get calls ever, or if they did it was because of some excuse, blah blah blah), something to shoot down any pro-Pacers posts (this is where you've become Mr. Discrediter whenever someone tries to say something really positive about our team that might "threaten" Detroit), or you've in some cases responded to a poor taste post with equally poor taste in response as if that's OK.

So until this changes, don't expect a lot of friendly chat around here.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm apologizing now for the above post, but I think you're not realising it's going on that way, and someone needed to point it out.

Anthem
05-08-2004, 11:07 AM
I think although you guys won't admit it, you really, REALLY don't like the idea of facing Detroit in the ECF, and you guys are rooting HEAVILY for the Nets.. ;)

Oh, I'll admit it. There's no question about Pacers v. Nets... we'd win. Pacers v. Detroit could honestly go either way.

I honestly think that the Pistons will be the hardest team we play this year. It would be far easier for us to defeat the Kings and Wolves, and a little easier for us to defeat the Spurs.

For the first time in a long time, the NBA Finals are really the Eastern Conference Finals.

PistonsDynasty
05-08-2004, 01:25 PM

Hello, I don't post that much but huh I've been on this site since it started (I think). Is it possible to post on another teams board and not be a troll? Is it a crime to talk with other basketball fans that aren't fans of your team??

How about you calm down and chill-out.

P.S. The Pacers are going to upset the Pistons?? Aren't the Pacers the #1 team in the NBA?? Don't the Pacers have homecourt advantage??

Hicks
05-08-2004, 01:47 PM
P.S. The Pacers are going to upset the Pistons?? Aren't the Pacers the #1 team in the NBA?? Don't the Pacers have homecourt advantage??

So you think if your team wins it will be called an upset?

unstandable
05-08-2004, 01:49 PM
I don't think it would be an upset either way. It's a toss up in my opinion.

sweabs
05-08-2004, 01:49 PM
More importantly, Kstat, is that it's time you realized that many on here have grown tired of you lately because just about any post you've made for a while has either been a homer-Pistons post (they're better than you at this, or that, or they don't foul, or they don't get calls ever, or if they did it was because of some excuse, blah blah blah), something to shoot down any pro-Pacers posts (this is where you've become Mr. Discrediter whenever someone tries to say something really positive about our team that might "threaten" Detroit), or you've in some cases responded to a poor taste post with equally poor taste in response as if that's OK.

Thank you - my thoughts exactly :D .

Hicks
05-08-2004, 01:50 PM

Thank you - my thoughts exactly :D .

I'm shocked. :rolleyes: :)

Kstat
05-08-2004, 04:32 PM

Hey, you want to become psoter child for the homers here Hicks, fine with me. Name ONE thread that i've unfairly "shot down" that wasnt a ridiculous idea to begin with. I think you very obviously overlook everyone else and point me out, because i'm a different fan than everyone else here. But mind you, in all your homerism, you don't realize that you are JUST as guilty of what you are accusing me of, along with %80 of the pacer fans on this board. But hey, I don't expect you guys to sell each other out, its just the way things are. Obviously, whe a ridiculous homer-pacers thread starts, im going to be the ONLY one to disagree with it, so i'm going to be pointed out as the "hater." Oh well, thats life.

Guess what, I have my own opinion, and I resent being called a troll by people who do nothing but whine like little children because I have the NERVE to root for my own team....

MagicRat
05-08-2004, 04:38 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/trolls2.jpg

Kstat
05-08-2004, 04:39 PM
I remember a lot of the posts made when Detroit had a 13 game winning streak going over December/January.
We would not stand a chance, we would be #14 and so on.

Fact? we trashed Detroit, annihilated them, goodbye streak.

Pacers are simply the better team, JO has no problem whatsoever with Rasheed, he has put up at least his average against him every time he played him, except the one game against Detroit where he was limping.

SO let me get this straight: Your win over us, which came when we were winding up out toughest stretch of the season, and were VISIBLY tired, counts, but our win over you, when JO (i might add he looked fine BEFORE and AFTER the game, doesnt? If I'm going to be called out for homerism, this is pure hypocracy.

As NJ is playing now, Pacers would trash them to.

And im sure this has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Detroit...... :rolleyes:.

Don't think for a second that the 1 -2 -3 JO - Artest - Harrington (or whoever, plays the 3d person) can not beat Detroit, they can have them for breakfast and still take on a nifty lunch.

Yeah, JO and Harrington sure had us for dinner last game.....oh, i forgot, that game doesn't count, but your three wins vs us are gospel..I see how it is. ;)

I see you gleefully overlooked this post too Hicks. Oh, I'm sorry, am I being a homer again?

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Do you enjoy calling people homers just after they accuse you of the same thing? Because you've done that before, not to mention just now. You are a Pistons homer. That's fine. The problem is you deny this.

You call me a homer, fine. But don't think for one second your any less of one for the Pistons. You act like you are the voice of reason some times, that you are always 'fair and balanced', but you are not. You do know that just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't make them a homer, right? Yet you seem to.

bulletproof
05-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Everyone step back from their computer, take a deep breath and relax.

Now repeat after me: It's just an internet message board...it's just an internet message board...

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:43 PM
I see you gleefully overlooked this post too Hicks. Oh, I'm sorry, am I being a homer again?

When did I say the other side was always right?

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Everyone step back from their computer, take a deep breath and relax.

Now repeat after me: It's just an internet message board...it's just an internet message board...

:laugh:

Kstat
05-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Do you enjoy calling people homers just after they accuse you of the same thing? Because you've done that before, not to mention just now. You are a Pistons homer. That's fine. The problem is you deny this.

You call me a homer, fine. But don't think for one second your any less of one for the Pistons. You act like you are the voice of reason some times, that you are always 'fair and balanced', but you are not. You do know that just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't make them a homer, right? Yet you seem to.

Oh, I never denied being a Pistons fan. I would bet good money that I have said more positive things about the pacers here, than ANYONE here has said about the Pistons, except maybe UB. And IndyToad doesn't count, he's just insane.

And yes, when someone unfairly accuses me of something i will gladly do the same in return.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:45 PM
And yes, when someone unfairly accuses me of something i will gladly do the same in return.

What specifically do you think was unfairly said of you? And why does that make it OK to return the favor? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Kstat
05-08-2004, 04:46 PM

I NEVER see you correcting anyone else Hicks..its always me. I don't see you getting on NewYawk's case, except when he's annoying you with something, and he is by FAR the biggest homer here. Able is a close second, dont get me wrong i like the guy, and i usually take his stuff with a grain of salt, but i am definately offended that I get pointed out here.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:48 PM

I NEVER see you correcting anyone else Hicks..its always me. I don't see you getting on NewYawk's case, except when he's annoying you with something, and he is by FAR the biggest homer here. Able is a close second, dont get me wrong i like the guy, and i usually take his stuff with a grain of salt, but i am definately offended that I get pointed out here.

Yawk has been warned, and able is a Pacers homer (and that's fine). You seemed to go over board lately, and it stood out. I wasn't the only one to notice it. Bottom line is I'm not picking on you, but I know it feels that way to you.

bulletproof
05-08-2004, 04:48 PM

Oh, go look in the pub on the movie thread. Hicks is on the warpath today. Either that, or he's PMSing.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Either that, or he's PMSing.

Enough of that, por favor.

bulletproof
05-08-2004, 04:51 PM

What? Lighten up, man.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:52 PM

What? Lighten up, man.

I'm plently light; it just not always funny.

bulletproof
05-08-2004, 04:54 PM

What? Lighten up, man.

That was funny. And I was just demonstrating to Kstat in a cheeky way that he isn't being singled out.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 04:55 PM

What? Lighten up, man.

That was funny. And I was just demonstrating to Kstat in a cheeky way that he isn't being singled out.

I know. And I'm glad you thought it was funny. That's pretty bad when you're making a joke you don't even think is funny. :laugh: :)

Anthem
05-08-2004, 04:57 PM

What? Lighten up, man.

Go easy on the man, he's got finals to think about. I know my ability to interact with other people was always at its lowest point by this time in the year.

bulletproof
05-08-2004, 05:00 PM

What? Lighten up, man.

I know. And I'm glad you thought it was funny. That's pretty bad when you're making a joke you don't even think is funny. :laugh: :)

I'm sure Kstat thought it was funny. But then again, maybe he thought it was classless. :whoknows:

bulletproof
05-08-2004, 05:05 PM

What? Lighten up, man.

Go easy on the man, he's got finals to think about. I know my ability to interact with other people was always at its lowest point by this time in the year.

Hey man, I just lost a big directing job yesterday. I'm surrounded by storyboards of an extremely funny commercial campaign that almost was, but will never be. Hicks will get no sympathy from me right now. ;)

Suaveness
05-08-2004, 05:41 PM
I think people are on more edge right now because it's the playoffs, and people don't want others talking about how bad the Pacers are and how good someone else is. It pisses us off. I think that is why posters are a little annoyed.

Hicks
05-08-2004, 05:43 PM
I think people are on more edge right now because it's the playoffs, and people don't want others talking about how bad the Pacers are and how good someone else is. It pisses us off. I think that is why posters are a little annoyed.

There's some truth to this. I am starting to get tired of hearing about the Pistons. We're just gonna have to deal with them in two weeks anyway, so in the meantime I'm just gonna try to not talk about them so much.

PistonsDynasty
05-09-2004, 02:46 AM

There's some truth to this. I am starting to get tired of hearing about the Pistons. We're just gonna have to deal with them in two weeks anyway, so in the meantime I'm just gonna try to not talk about them so much.

Wow @ this thread.

But anyway, I the low-key type ""troll"" if you guys want to call me that. But Hicks, you are so right. It' will all be tooken care of in 2 weeks.

Trust me this board will be flooded with my fellow Stones brothern. And they are waaayyy wrost than the wrost troll you had on this board. And if the Pistons win the series the Piston fans will live on this forum next season.

Trust me I've seen it plenty of times. So for your sake and the sake of this board you better hope the Pacers win because if they don't the trolls damn sure will win!!

PistonsDynasty
05-09-2004, 02:52 AM

So you think if your team wins it will be called an upset?

No, there aren't any underdogs or favorites. Just 2 good *** teams playing hard. But 1st the Pistons have to defeat the Nets and the Pacers have to defeat the Heat :D

tora tora
05-09-2004, 03:09 AM

Wow @ this thread.

But anyway, I the low-key type ""troll"" if you guys want to call me that. But Hicks, you are so right. It' will all be tooken care of in 2 weeks.

Trust me this board will be flooded with my fellow Stones brothern. And they are waaayyy wrost than the wrost troll you had on this board. And if the Pistons win the series the Piston fans will live on this forum next season.

Trust me I've seen it plenty of times. So for your sake and the sake of this board you better hope the Pacers win because if they don't the trolls damn sure will win!!

didn't the pacers beat your pathetic pistons 3 out of 4 times during the regular season? I can see no reason why the pacers won't be able to handle your team in a 7 game series, with your overrated "godsend" rasheed wallace and your inferior bench.. The pacers are much too deep.

Kstat
05-09-2004, 03:32 AM

Wow @ this thread.

didn't the pacers beat your pathetic pistons 3 out of 4 times during the regular season? I can see no reason why the pacers won't be able to handle your team in a 7 game series, with your overrated "godsend" rasheed wallace and your inferior bench.. The pacers are much too deep.

my my, such hostility.... :laugh:

I wonder if PistonsDynasty and Charles Ignalls are married in real life.. :D

It sure would connect a lot of dots.....

Hicks
05-09-2004, 10:17 AM

Oh I'm not worried about it. First of all I think we can win, and second even if we don't, we ban trolls here anyway, so it's all good. :cool: