PDA

View Full Version : Education Level of Posters

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Just wondering how far everyone is in school or how far they went.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-13-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm still in school. I'll graduate from IU in 2007.

Stryder
06-13-2005, 12:42 AM
I have a Master's degree in Chemistry.

efx
06-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Bachelor and Masters here.

shags
06-13-2005, 01:04 AM
Just a bachelor's for me

travmil
06-13-2005, 01:18 AM
I graduated high school, then skipped college to keep a kid in diapers. Went back for a short time but it was either school or work and since school wasn't paying the bills, work won out. Everything turned out OK though. It just took me far longer than it takes a college graduate to get the wheels turning. Besides, I'll only be 36 when my kid graduates high school, and hopefully 40 when she's out of college. I will have plenty of time and money to go back then, and that's what I plan on doing.

Anthem
06-13-2005, 03:20 AM
Getting ready to start my Master's.

Peck
06-13-2005, 03:41 AM
Getting ready to start my Master's.

I thought you already left. Get on the bus mister!!!!!!! :)

As to the question.

Travmil & myself kind of mirror one another.

My Son graduated H.S. when I was 36 but I am just to damn lazy to go to school.

I have been very fortunate in my life because although technically I only have a high school education. However I have taken & passed two trade school programs (I guess that's what you would call E.M.T. & E.M.T.-P school)

But even with that I have been able to live the life I want & I have several people that have gone to college work for me.

However I never take that for granted, I'm one layoff away from flipping hamburgers for a living. So go to college kids & get an education.

foretaz
06-13-2005, 03:49 AM
I thought you already left. Get on the bus mister!!!!!!! :)

As to the question.

Travmil & myself kind of mirror one another.

My Son graduated H.S. when I was 36 but I am just to damn lazy to go to school.

I have been very fortunate in my life because although technically I only have a high school education. However I have taken & passed two trade school programs (I guess that's what you would call E.M.T. & E.M.T.-P school)

But even with that I have been able to live the life I want & I have several people that have gone to college work for me.

However I never take that for granted, I'm one layoff away from flipping hamburgers for a living. So go to college kids & get an education.

naaa peck....from what i ve seen if u would ever happen to lose ur day job...u could fall back on writing....it appears u have a great deal of experience based on my going back thru the archives....how many keyboards u went thru anyway? ;)

pollardfreek
06-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Going into my senior year at Grace Davis High School. After that I plan to attend CSU Stanislaus and major in economics.

Vicious Tyrant
06-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Got my college degree in Biblical Literature and Philosophy of Religion. Can't really make going back to school work, but I'm considering one of those online masters programs so I have the piece of paper.

Anyone have any thoughts on an MSW online?

Gyron
06-13-2005, 10:39 AM
I have my BS in Business Admin with emphasis in Marketing.

I am looking into Lean Six Sigma training sometime within the next year hopefully.

ChicagoJ
06-13-2005, 10:56 AM
MBA from Indiana U.

I get a 'sick' satisfaction that I've got Kellogg and U. of Chicago MBAs that work for me. :devil:

Doug
06-13-2005, 11:55 AM
BS in Computer Science from Illinois

Unclebuck
06-13-2005, 12:31 PM
BS from IU in business admin

able
06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
The "non-USA" educational systems are to different to come even close to doing an educated guess :)

DrBadd01
06-13-2005, 01:04 PM
One Bachelors preparing to get a second one( 5 classes away) both from Southern Utah University in Theatre and Political Science; Additionally I will be seeking film training in a year in Canada

rabid
06-13-2005, 03:38 PM
One year left on my master's.

SycamoreKen
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
BS in Elementary Education. I need to get my masters, but have not yet decided what route to take.

Kraft
06-13-2005, 05:14 PM
I suppose I'll graduate in December. I guess.

School has taken a back seat recently, though. I've devoted my life to newspaper. The classes have become merely a backdrop.

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify. Graduate from Purdue with some B.S. degree in something.

Knucklehead Warrior
06-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I graduated high school, then skipped college to keep a kid in diapers. Went back for a short time but it was either school or work and since school wasn't paying the bills, work won out. Everything turned out OK though. It just took me far longer than it takes a college graduate to get the wheels turning. Besides, I'll only be 36 when my kid graduates high school, and hopefully 40 when she's out of college. I will have plenty of time and money to go back then, and that's what I plan on doing. My mom and I went to college at the same time, right after my dad finished law school. She went on to get a masters. Later I got a second BS. It's better the second time around. You're older, but more motivated. Some of the kids are smarter than you, but not that many and since you're more motivated, you'll be a curve wrecker. heh

Pig Nash
06-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I am gonna graduate from Arsenal Technical High School (in Indy) next May.

fooddaman
06-13-2005, 07:29 PM
HS Graduate, some college work until I had to start paying some bills...

Vicious Tyrant
06-13-2005, 09:02 PM
I am gonna graduate from Arsenal Technical High School (in Indy) next May.

Hey Pig Nash, I used to live right next to your high school, over off the corner of 9th and Dorman. If you see two little houses on the North side of the corner, one is painted green - that's where I lived for my first couple years of marriage.

That's a fun little neighborhood.

grace
06-14-2005, 10:36 AM
The "non-USA" educational systems are to different to come even close to doing an educated guess :)

After turning 18 did you take any classes? Did anyone give you a piece of paper when you were done?

able
06-14-2005, 11:53 AM
LOL yeah some, and several :)

I did a couple of years uni (law) but never did the stage where you have to work for peanuts to aquire experience :)

besides that work was to busy at that moment (and way to well paid) to keep going to uni 2 days a week, seeing as i charge $ 225 starting rates an hour those days :D

Of course I got bored with the work (sorta burned out) and decided to "do something else"
Do i regret ? no, do I wish I made the money I did ? yes, did I spend it all ? sorta, i was married a few times and started on the internet when it was still "somethign only weirdos get involved in" and subsequently you lost money in that rate as well :)

So yeah I never finished high school because I was bored, then did a couple of years uni, (after entree exam) and decided that working for free was not my cup o tea and now I am working for free (well it didn't start out that way but.....)

:P

(looked it up, according to the years I've done and the results I got, I would be allowed to do a masters, so I assume that makes it bs level)

Spicoli
06-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Graduated from Ridgemont High School. Didn't really further my education too much after that although I did save Brooke Shields from drowning.

Van Halen rocks!

http://alanb.com/spicoli/jeff-saved-brooke.gif

Suaveness
06-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Currently halfway through undergraduate work, Majoring in Biology, minor in chemistry.

indytoad
06-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Halfway through my junior year, majoring in Computer Graphics - Interactive Multimedia specificially.

IndyToad
Mildly unpleasant ***