PDA

View Full Version : The Pistons Suck!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Wow, how do you go to the NBA finals and lose by 15 and then 21.

BostonConnection
06-12-2005, 11:52 PM
I think the Spurs had a little something to do with that...

rabid
06-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Detroit does NOT suck. San Antonio is just THAT GOOD.

foretaz
06-12-2005, 11:53 PM

1st round AI injured
2nd round Pacers decimated by suspensions and injuries
3rd round shaq and wade injured

finals san antonio healthy....detroit gets killed...

shall we review last year as well?????

call them opportunistic....nothing wrong with that...call them anything u d like....

just remember...lightning doesnt strike twice in the same place...

Shade
06-12-2005, 11:54 PM
The Pistons don't suck, but they're out of their league here. The Spurs are just that much better. The Pistons' defense revolves around packing it inside and letting you shoot from the perimeter. Unfortunately for Detroit, SA is an excellent shooting team and plays defense as well as, if not better than, the Pistons.

canyoufeelit
06-12-2005, 11:55 PM
The Pistons do not suck. But they are in a world of trouble.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-13-2005, 12:01 AM
I love how because Detroit did one nice thing for us (Applaud Reggie) you think it makes up for all the times they have screwed us (the Brawl). DETROIT IS SO OVER-RATED

3ptmiller
06-13-2005, 12:02 AM

Its very easy to get to NBA Finals.. heck you can even win the championship !

All you have to do is: (well.. if you are Detroit)

1. Throw a beercup on your opponents
2. Make your opponents Suspended
2. Eject your opponents
3. Injure your opponents
4. Have extreme Luck

But if you cant manage to do ANYTHING of these things against your opponent, then you are in deep trouble....

Kegboy
06-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Too bad they've got their ready made excuse with Brown. Walton was trying to pull that **** at halftime. Thankfully Tirico called him on it.

shags
06-13-2005, 12:03 AM
See, the Spurs went 59 and 23 this year with Duncan missing 16 games, Ginobili missing 8 games (and being limited in his minutes in at least that many more), and Rasho Nesterovic starting at center in 70 games.

They're THAT GOOD. They're best is much, much better than anyone else's best. Like I've said before, we're seeing a potential dynasty type team here.

NorCal_Pacerfan
The SPURS are this good. I knew this going in (if I do say so myself) ;). Detroit also thrives off of second chance points, and with SA they just aren't getting enough rebounds on the offensive end.

Detroit is in a world of hurt right now. Damn, I love this game.

Shade
I love how because Detroit did one nice thing for us (Applaud Reggie) you think it makes up for all the times they have screwed us (the Brawl). DETROIT IS SO OVER-RATED

I think you're letting your hatred blind you, my young padawan. There is no love here for the Pistons, but they are an excellent team. To say they suck is...well...a bit ignorant.

Cactus Jax
06-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Waiting for Kstat :lurk: (to say how ridiculous Ginobili was AGAIN, and how Duncan hit every lucky shot, and how not one soul on the Pistons is playing well, and that he's expecting the Pistons to sweep the next 4 games.)

Suaveness
06-13-2005, 12:06 AM
That was probably the stupidest comment I've heard all week

Shade
06-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Waiting for Kstat :lurk: (to say how ridiculous Ginobili was AGAIN, and how Duncan hit every lucky shot, and how not one soul on the Pistons is playing well, and that he's expecting the Pistons to sweep the next 4 games.)

Nah, he'll likely just downplay it and say how it doesn't matter, and that it's all gravy that the Pistons are even here.

Which we all know is a bunch of bull****, but whatever... :rollout:

Shade
06-13-2005, 12:08 AM
That was probably the stupidest comment I've heard all week

Try working at my job sometime. That's not even the stupidest comment I've heard in the last 24 hours.

In fact, it may only barely be in the top 5. :eek: :suicide:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-13-2005, 12:11 AM
What that the Pistons suck is the stupidest comment you have heard??

foretaz
06-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Try working at my job sometime. That's not even the stupidest comment I've heard in the last 24 hours.

In fact, it may only barely be in the top 5. :eek: :suicide:

hey not everyone can wear that suit ....it takes special skills as well as being the right size....and we wont even go into the popashot skill required...

SycamoreKen
06-13-2005, 12:18 AM
You think this is bad? Imagine how ugly it would of been had Miami beat Detroit.

efx
06-13-2005, 12:22 AM
What that the Pistons suck is the stupidest comment you have heard??

Yes, anyone who knows basketball would never truly believe that they suck.

foretaz
06-13-2005, 12:28 AM
i know one thing....if anyone is very smart in the detroit area....they will start trying to destroy all matchbooks right now....eliminate as many matches and lighters as u can....and put the fire dept. on alert now....have em take on extra water as we speak...wont be long before detroit will be ablaze...

oh...and one other thing...they might want to think about putting up the hockey retaining wall in the palace for game 3....and for gods sake will u put up the protective awning over the exit tunnel to the locker room already?????

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-13-2005, 12:29 AM
I think they are a good team but extremely overrated. They can't beat a team fairly. I just hate them.

3ptmiller
06-13-2005, 12:30 AM
:lurk: Kstat

shags
06-13-2005, 12:33 AM
i know one thing....if anyone is very smart in the detroit area....they will start trying to destroy all matchbooks right now....eliminate as many matches and lighters as u can....and put the fire dept. on alert now....have em take on extra water as we speak...wont be long before detroit will be ablaze...

oh...and one other thing...they might want to think about putting up the hockey retaining wall in the palace for game 3....and for gods sake will u put up the protective awning over the exit tunnel to the locker room already?????

Why would they want to do that? The Spurs have no players who completely and utterly insane, so fan intervention won't be a problem. The Spurs players will remain calm and collected in the face of all adversity.

SycamoreKen
06-13-2005, 12:33 AM
:lurk: Kstat

KSTAT won't waste his time with this thread, just as most of us wouldn't if a Pistons fan came on here and posted the same thing about the Pacers.

Stryder
06-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Lock or delete this thread please. Ridiculous items such as this one opens this forum up to many trolls and it give the forum a bad name.

foretaz
06-13-2005, 12:37 AM
Why would they want to do that? The Spurs have no players who completely and utterly insane, so fan intervention won't be a problem. The Spurs players will remain calm and collected in the face of all adversity.

i was thinking of the safety of the players....as well as the city....the looney fans of detroit will soon be wanting to take out their frustration much like their hero ben wallace...and it wont be a pretty sight...we are slowly watching the emotional breakdown of the pistons...technicals are more and more common...theyre losing...the excuses will come flying-soon followed by the beer, popcorn and coins as well, im sure...

Kstat
06-13-2005, 12:39 AM
KSTAT won't waste his time with this thread, just as most of us wouldn't if a Pistons fan came on here and posted the same thing about the Pacers.

Exactly. This kind of low-class thread is beneath my dignity, and doesn't deserve a serious response.

Besidesm Shade, VA and Efx have already done a good enough job of summing things up.

I couldn't possibly be PROUDER of my team. Nothing in this series can or will change that. I have nothing but respect for this group, and what they've been able to achieve.

I respect SA, because they are playing at a level no team on earth can match. I don't blame my guys, at least not yet. They're simply getting outplayed by a VERY good team.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Dignity and Pistons fan do not go together.

shags
06-13-2005, 12:42 AM
i was thinking of the safety of the players....as well as the city....the looney fans of detroit will soon be wanting to take out their frustration much like their hero ben wallace...and it wont be a pretty sight...we are slowly watching the emotional breakdown of the pistons...technicals are more and more common...theyre losing...the excuses will come flying-soon followed by the beer, popcorn and coins as well, im sure...

Never mind. I'll edit out my own comment.

foretaz
06-13-2005, 12:44 AM
As long as Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili don't lie on the scorer's table, I think everything will be fine.

hmmm....correct me if im wrong...but allen iverson was doing neither when he got beaned with a coin, no? denial...its a sad thing....if i recall correctly there were about 20 other members of the pacers as well that nite that didnt sit on the scorers table....remind me again, how did that turn out....maybe we should just defer that answer to the pacers team dry cleaner...

shags
06-13-2005, 12:53 AM
if i recall correctly there were about 20 other members of the pacers as well that nite that didnt sit on the scorers table....remind me again, how did that turn out....maybe we should just defer that answer to the pacers team dry cleaner...

Or Ron Artest's, Stephen Jackson's, and Jermaine O'Neal's pocketbook.

tora tora
06-13-2005, 12:53 AM
:rolleyes: kstat sympathizers

efx
06-13-2005, 01:02 AM
This has nothing to do with being a symphatizer.

I could actually care less about either team in the finals as they are not the Pacers.
But what I don't like is blatant trolling some of which is very appearent in this thread.
In non-constructive and mostly just untrue.

If I wanted to read a board with a bad signal-to-noise ration I'd read the indystarboard.

Anthem
06-13-2005, 03:37 AM

True story. Last night the wife and I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Great movie.

As we're trying to leave the theatre afterwards, we're standing in front of this older couple that had evidently started to go deaf.

The lady says to the man: "NO, NO. IT'S BECAUSE THEY WERE MARRIED."
And the man responds "BUT THEN WHAT WAS ALL THAT SHOOTING ABOUT?"

It doesn't look as funny in print. Maybe you just had to be there.

grace
06-13-2005, 04:28 PM
The Pistons do not suck. They just can't win unless I'm watching the game. I turned the game on once last night. The Spurs lead went immediately from 14 points down to 8. I turned the TV off as fast as I could and went to bed.

I'd really like to be able to watch the game so I can enjoy the Spurs do this to the Pistons--:kicknuts:, but I'm not taking any chances.

Kegboy
06-13-2005, 07:46 PM
The Pistons do not suck. They just can't win unless I'm watching the game. I turned the game on once last night. The Spurs lead went immediately from 14 points down to 8. I turned the TV off as fast as I could and went to bed.

I turned the game on when it had fallen down to 8, and watched them win by 21. :-p

grace
06-14-2005, 10:06 AM
I turned the game on when it had fallen down to 8, and watched them win by 21. :-p

I'm happy for you. I thought you weren't going to watch.