PDA

View Full Version : Ebay account hijacked?

Vicious Tyrant
06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Can anyone advise me?

I couldn't log onto my Ebay account this evening, and when I checked my hotmail account, there was some messages from Ebay saying I had changed my password and email account (which I hadn't done). I responded to the emails from Ebay, asking for help but haven't heard back. I also looked through Ebays FAQ on security, but I didn't find what I needed.

I have just changed my hotmail and paypal passwords, and I updated Adaware to find 50! spywares on my computer.

Anyone have any advice for what to do now?

Shade
06-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Can anyone advise me?

I couldn't log onto my Ebay account this evening, and when I checked my hotmail account, there was some messages from Ebay saying I had changed my password and email account (which I hadn't done). I responded to the emails from Ebay, asking for help but haven't heard back. I also looked through Ebays FAQ on security, but I didn't find what I needed.

I have just changed my hotmail and paypal passwords, and I updated Adaware to find 50! spywares on my computer.

Anyone have any advice for what to do now?

There are lots of bogus e-mails out there trying to get your account info. If you get an e-mail from Ebay, don't EVER go through the links. Log directly into Ebay and find what you need from there.

I got one the other day congratulating me on being a "Power Seller" and advising me to log on via a link in the e-mail which didn't lead to a real Ebay page. I reported the post and they responded, thanking me and telling me that it was in fact a scam.

Vicious Tyrant
06-06-2005, 11:29 PM
My problem is I can't log in to my account. Someone seems to have gotten into my account, changed the password and the email account. Now, when I go to the "Forget your password?" link, nothing comes to my hotmail account, b/c the person has changed the email account linked to my ebay account.

Crap!

At least I bought the scooter off Ebay before this happened, so screw 'em!

PHC Fan
06-10-2005, 12:10 PM
My problem is I can't log in to my account. Someone seems to have gotten into my account, changed the password and the email account. Now, when I go to the "Forget your password?" link, nothing comes to my hotmail account, b/c the person has changed the email account linked to my ebay account.

Crap!

At least I bought the scooter off Ebay before this happened, so screw 'em!
Can you log a comment on someone who you have not done business with?

You could re-register and leave a negative feedback message stating that yours is a hijacked account to warn people off.

Vicious Tyrant
06-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Well, that's a good thought - but actually Ebay wrote me that night and they had taken care of it. Apparently someone broke in my account and starting selling things. Ebay was able to end the auctions and restrore the account. Thanks for your thoughts, though.