PDA

View Full Version : For THIS team, championships are won in the regular season

PHC Fan
06-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Alright...I realize that we have lost to NE twelve-ty billion times in a row. We are just not built to play in the snow. When a game in New England during the month of January rolls around, it seems that we are never in contention even if we are only down by 3 points (see last season's game...down 6-3 at the half and it wasn't nearly that close).

I will agree that our team is built to win in the regular season (read: not much investment in defense - pirated from another thread BTW). If we can somehow get home-field for the playoffs, I really think that we would be unbeatable in the post-season. Geez, look at the last two years (both against Denver mind you...but they weren't pushovers either year).

For us to contend for a title, it is imperative that we have a better record than any cold-weather, outdoor stadium team.

Suaveness
06-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't say we are a regular season team, but yes, we do have trouble playing in the cold. I think NE is more of a problem though. I don't think the cold is THAT bad (remember the Denver game a few years ago in the blizzard like weather, we scored quite a bit of points and won in overtime). I just think we have a mental block against NE.

PHC Fan
06-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I just think we have a mental block against NE.

I certainly won't disagree with this statement. We need to finally get over the NY (er... NE) hump to make it to the Super Bowl. And hopefully for the Colts, we can win it.

They seem like a thorn in our side just like the Knicks were in the 90's, until we finally got past them. The good thing is, once we are past NE, I think that the AFC would win another SB.