PDA

View Full Version : Awards a farce?

eai2l
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
I remember from back in the day when a young man in PFFL (what happened to him) used to run the awards on indystar. I have been lurken on here and indystar for a while but indystar has turned into a troll infested forum by Detroit fans.

Let me get to my point. I love the forum here and I thank Hicks for allowing a forum for Pacer fans but it seems like this forum has become "politicized" and I know some former posters this has turned off from posting.

I used to follow the forum awards on indystar.com but what I loved about their forum awards was that more people were involved and it came from the bottom of people's hearts. To be honest, when I think of fanatical I think of Sassan. When I read the nominees, I thought it was a joke. Who else do we know who flies city to city to watch Pacer games regularly or to give Reggie Miller a $700 pen? People are reluctant to say this because of how this forum has turned into a "politization" of who is right or wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if this was deleted but I just want you people to know I am not a troll but a 44 year old long distance Pacer fan.

Kstat
06-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Its not our fault sassan got himself banned.

Sassan didn't get nominated because of some conspiracy, he didn't get nominated because he WASN'T HERE.....

I don't understand your question. You can't vote for banned posters, its pretty cut and dry.

None of the mods here should have to apologize for setting reasonable rules of conduct. This isn't a zoo, like RATS.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 03:41 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd think it was Sassan back from the dead (for the 89th time).

Kstat saved me from saying the rest.

Will Galen
06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
As of 3:45 there were 1,645 registered posters here on Pacers digest. About 60 members vote in the awards. There are 48 members here that have made over a thousand posts.

Sixty or forty-eight, most of us know each others opinions, the awards are just for fun.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
My point is that it should not be so cut and dry. I used to be one of those lurkers who wouldn't post until this forum made registration required to view this forum. I am originally from Indy so those are my roots.

If you remember I was talking about the politization of this forum. In a way, t is is why the young little fella is banned. He used to be obnoxious at times but when he was back he was fine. I wouldn't compare him to that kid who only liked the Pacers (wasnt his other favorite team the Magic?) to get armbands etc. We need our good posters have one more chance and for them not to be lumped together .

Will Galen
06-02-2005, 03:56 PM
We need our good posters have one more chance and for them not to be lumped together .

When they can't get along with people they are not good posters. As for another chance Sassan is going to start his own board.

And then he will ban everyone that doesn't agree with him and have two members.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 03:56 PM
He was hardly "fine" whenever he was given his Xth chance. If you don't know why, I'll let someone else explain it; I've had to talk about it as much or more than anyone the past year.

If this forum is too "political" for you, you don't have to participate if it's not to your liking; and it isn't for everyone so I understand.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 04:06 PM
All i'm saying it's ironic how a Piston fan has taken over a Pacer board and if anti-Pacer talk is sometimes allowed why not allow some homerism.

All I am saying is some of you may fear is that some of the radical stuff he says may resonate with some people and not surprisingly most people want him back. It's cool if he opens up his own site.

ChicagoJ
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
What Piston fan has taken over? I missed that memo.

Its funny. Sometimes we're labeled as a bunch of cheerleaders that don't tolerate disagreement, and other times we're labeled as a bunch of Pacer haters that don't tolerate disagreement. The truth lies somewhere in the middle and we're tolerant of anyone that can engage in civil discussion/ debate.

EDIT -

I'm curious who the "former posters" are. Names?

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:12 PM
There are homers here. Have been since day 1. The people that get booted are the ones who can't accept others opinions (and take it further by accusing racism to those that don't agree with them), talk only in extremes, and spam these thoughts down everyone's throat every day.

Care to guess which user I'm referring to?

Shade
06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
This guy sounds almost EXACTLY like Sassan. Using the "former posters" routine, but not giving names, then taking shots at "Piston fan" and talking about how "most posters want him back." The only difference is that the vocabulary seems a little more "advanced" than Sass's.

I was in Sassan's corner far more often than not, but he blew his chance again and again. He can't engage in civil conversation without accusing everyone of "sipping the Hatorade." I have nothing against the guy personally, and hear he's actually a good person IRL. Too bad he couldn't conduct himself in the same manner online.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 04:26 PM
There are homers here. Have been since day 1. The people that get booted are the ones who can't accept others opinions (and take it further by accusing racism to those that don't agree with them), talk only in extremes, and spam these thoughts down everyone's throat every day.

Care to guess which user I'm referring to?

Jay, who's we? Most posters on here I love. I think it is a small %.

Hicks, I don't recall he used racism on here. I would like to see that. I don't think its fair to say what he said on indystar is the same as this board. I just don't think it's fair how double standards are used. If things were fair on both sides of the aisle, diamond dave and skaut eh would be banned and would have absolutely no problems with the bannings but when things are unfair I like to point it out so us Pacer fans can stop fighting with each other.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Hicks, I don't recall he used racism on here. I would like to see that.

I didn't say he used racism. I said he accused racism. In other words, called others racist.

I don't think its fair to say what he said on indystar is the same as this board. I just don't think it's fair how double standards are used.

Once again you make me think this just IS Sassan pretending he's someone else. No one brought up what he said on IS until you just did.

If you go across the street and call someone names, don't be surprised when you cross the street back over to his house and he doesn't want anything to do with you.

If things were fair on both sides of the aisle, diamond dave and skaut eh would be banned and would have absolutely no problems with the bannings but when things are unfair I like to point it out so us Pacer fans can stop fighting with each other.

That is a joke.

And once again you sound like Sassan, or his twin. I'm starting to think you are him, and if so you desperately need to get a life. You were banned, you need to accept it, and stop trying to post on this board several different ways (new usernames, using others' accounts, having buddies post your messages for you as a favor, etc) constantly, while at the same time begging to get back in. All that did was destroy any shot of getting a 1253rd chance in the future.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 04:32 PM
This guy sounds almost EXACTLY like Sassan. Using the "former posters" routine, but not giving names, then taking shots at "Piston fan" and talking about how "most posters want him back." The only difference is that the vocabulary seems a little more "advanced" than Sass's.

I was in Sassan's corner far more often than not, but he blew his chance again and again. He can't engage in civil conversation without accusing everyone of "sipping the Hatorade." I have nothing against the guy personally, and hear he's actually a good person IRL. Too bad he couldn't conduct himself in the same manner online.

Ok, am I now the 10th person in the last two weeks to be accused of being him? If someone disagrees, it seems like they are accused of being Sassan.

Even before the season ended, less and less posters have been on this forum.

ChicagoJ
06-02-2005, 04:32 PM
"We" meant PD, as a whole.

I must be clueless, what in the world have Skaut and Diamond Dave done?

I've been on the receiving end of Sassan's (I think) racist allegations. I believe those posts were cleaned up so that we wouldn't have to keep looking at it. And whomever stole RM8325's ID (rumored to be Sassan) also threw racist allegations at me and others.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:33 PM
For the record Jay, it's not a rumor.

Shade
06-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Ok, am I now the 10th person in the last two weeks to be accused of being him? If someone disagrees, it seems like they are accused of being Sassan.

Even before the season ended, less and less posters have been on this forum.

...and the other 9 turned out to be him, or a friend letting him use their account. :shrug:

Why this sudden pro-Sassan agenda?

ChicagoJ
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Still interested in hearing who the "former posters" are.

heywoode
06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
If this forum is too "political" for you, you don't have to participate if it's not to your liking; and it isn't for everyone so I understand.

Amen to this statement!

It never ceases to amaze me that people ***** and complain about what goes on here BUT THEY CONTINUE TO COME HERE.

It's not too hard to keep from getting banned around here....All you have to do is be a respectful human being that can accept the fact that others may have differing opinions and be pretty eloquent at stating them. Civilized discussion, agreeing or disagreeing, is what this place is all about.

This place has not been politicized (if you want the correct spelling).

I guess I'm as much to blame as anybody; I get SO friggin' tired of reading threads of this subject, but here I am, reading and responding anyway....:rolleyes:

eai2l
06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
I didn't say he used racism. I said he accused racism. In other words, called others racist.

Once again you make me think this just IS Sassan pretending he's someone else. No one brought up what he said on IS until you just did.

If you go across the street and call someone names, don't be surprised when you cross the street back over to his house and he doesn't want anything to do with you.

That is a joke.

And once again you sound like Sassan, or his twin. I'm starting to think you are him, and if so you desperately need to get a life. You were banned, you need to accept it, and stop trying to post on this board several different ways (new usernames, using others' accounts, having buddies post your messages for you as a favor, etc) constantly, while at the same time begging to get back in. All that did was destroy any shot of getting a 1253rd chance in the future.

Why the hell are you getting so personal with me ? You owe me and apology. My name is Earl and I have never met the kid. I have been browsing indystar forum for the last two years and this forum for about six months regularly so what's wrong with expressing my views and how I feel? You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:41 PM
eai2l's email: xxxetxxx@yahoo.com . Hmm. Who else liked to put XX's in front and behind their username?

Combine that with the fact that he came here just to defend him, and he talks like him.

Shade
06-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Why the hell are you getting so personal with me ? You owe me and apology. My bame is Earl and I have never met the kid. I have been browsing indystar forum for the last two years and this forum for about six months regularly so what's wrong with expressing my views and how I feel? You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.

Now it's definitely starting to sound more and more like Sassan. "You owe me an apology?" Where have we heard THAT one before.

If you're not Sassan, then you're a hell of an imitator, whether you're intending to be or not.

And how about those "former posters?"

ChicagoJ
06-02-2005, 04:43 PM
When I read the nominees, I thought it was a joke. Who else do we know who flies city to city to watch Pacer games regularly

Well, I drive from Chicago to Indy regularly, and I met Anthem at a game and he lives in Las Vegas.

So I'd say there is more than one fanatic on this board.

In fact, I'd say most of us are fanatical Pacers fans.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Why the hell are you getting so personal with me ? You owe me and apology. My name is Earl and I have never met the kid. I have been browsing indystar forum for the last two years and this forum for about six months regularly so what's wrong with expressing my views and how I feel? You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.

If you really are someone else, I am sorry. But I don't believe you right now. Even in this post you sound like Sassan "hate this kid so much" that's typical Sassan whine. Verbatim.

I don't hate Sassan, that's so extreme (and Sassan-like) of an overstatement it's absurd. I don't even have a big problem with him. The problems I have with him have been addressed here. Past that, he seems like a great person in real life, and can be online in pockets.

ChicagoJ
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM
eai2l's email: xxxetxxx@yahoo.com . Hmm. Who else liked to put XX's in front and behind their username?

Combine that with the fact that he came here just to defend him, and he talks like him.

Maybe he just likes xxx-rated movies about extra terrestials? :shrug:

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:46 PM

ET: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut? I smell sequel! :D

RWB
06-02-2005, 04:46 PM
You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.

Three things here.

1. No one hates him.
2. He is not a kid but a young man who has a hard time being civil on this board at times.
3. He would have received most fanatical, too bad he has a hard time controlling that part when it comes to this board.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 04:50 PM
...and the other 9 turned out to be him, or a friend letting him use their account. :shrug:

Why this sudden pro-Sassan agenda?

Ok, that's your word and there is no way to really validate that.

Why a pro-Sassan post? It isn't about him, it is how I feel this board has sometimes turned to and reading the most fanatical poster thread his name came up to my mind and I have heard all the reasons he was banned before but I remember the last time he posted he was just homerish, not personally insulting and he was banned.

This is ny account, run my ip for all you want. I don't want to be called his name one more time.

As for those other posters, they have decided to go back to the i.s. forums.

heywoode
06-02-2005, 04:51 PM
ET: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut? I smell sequel! :D

Too bad John Holmes is dead...He would've been perfect. How about Dirk Diggler in the lead?!

Great title, by the way....You should be in Hollywood.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:53 PM
And their names are?

If this is all you're here to do, I don't know why you lurk to begin with; it's obviously not your kind of place.

I don't want to be called his name one more time.

Sounds angry.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me. Now you are blaming me of being him because I disagree with some things and felt it was unfair how he was treated. You wonder why people don't speak out more because this is how they would be treated. As I said, trace my ip and then come and give me a public apology.

As for those posters, it isn't my place to say their names. Go to is forums and find out for your selves.

heywoode
06-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me. Now you are blaming me of being him because I disagree with some things and felt it was unfair how he was treated. You wonder why people don't speak out more because this is how they would be treated. As I said, trace my ip and then come and give me a public apology.

As for those posters, it isn't my place to say their names. Go to is forums and find out for your selves.

Not too hard to go to someone else's PC and be running on a different IP. That proves nothing.

If it isn't your place to name name's, it isn't your place to use them in an argument. Any statement made as fact that can't be substantiated is a waste of time.

If you want a public apology, here's one: I'm sorry I've wasted fifteen minutes of my life reading, posting, and replying to this pointless thread.

Shade
06-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, I drive from Chicago to Indy regularly, and I met Anthem at a game and he lives in Las Vegas.

So I'd say there is more than one fanatic on this board.

In fact, I'd say most of us are fanatical Pacers fans.

Apparently, because I choose to use my money to pay my bills and attend school, I'm less of a Pacers fan than Sassan. :rolleyes:

And, despite that, I still attended 3 Pacers playoff games this season, even when I had to borrow money to pay my rent on a couple of occasions. But, I guess I'm not committed ENOUGH, because I SHOULD spend my $$$ on EVERY game and just live on the local city park bench, nevermind acquiring an education. :rolleyes:

Anthem
06-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me.

Fair enough. But you still haven't explained what your original point was. Any registered member was free to nominate any other registered member of the board. You hadn't yet joined the board when we made the nominations, but we did them. If you'd have been here you could have nominated any other poster on the board.

So the real problem is that you were late, not that we shut you out.

Shade
06-02-2005, 05:10 PM

You sound just like Sassan, whether you intend to or not. The e-mail addy certainly doesn't help. It looks to me like you're trying to start a controversy here by leading us to believe you're Sassan, whether you are or not. Why the Sassanesque e-mail address?

Nobody has fully accused you of being Sassy, or you'd have been banned by now. So this "apology" stuff is ridculous, to say the least. At the very least, you look like a troll trying to bait us, get an apology, and then go gloat about it. Not gonna happen. If you don't like it, the door is open.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I wasn't talking about the money issue i was talking about the time commitment and dedication. I don't think anyone could deny that. If I was young and had that opportunity, I would count my blessings.

Vicious Tyrant
06-02-2005, 05:12 PM
:confused: I'm sorry to be a thickie, but what am I missing here? Why do people care about Sassan?

I think its clear that banning him was the right thing to do, he was out of line too many times.

Why is this thread heading towards three pages? The new guy (be he Sassan, or be he not) wants Sassan to be listed as a "most fanatical", but its not going to happen, right? Why is this being discussed?

I'm not trying to be shi++y, I just really don't understand.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:16 PM

First of all, I apologized on page 1. I also explained why I don't totally believe you yet, but all the same I apologized in case I was wrong, and I stand by the apology. Secondly, Sassan posted under a bunch of seperate, unique IP addresses, so that does not prove or disprove anything; as it might with a lot of people.

Uh huh.

MagicRat
06-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Why is this thread heading towards three pages?

I think people are just killing time while waiting for that totally tubular scooter picture.......I hear it's one bad motor scooter.....

eai2l
06-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Fair enough. But you still haven't explained what your original point was. Any registered member was free to nominate any other registered member of the board. You hadn't yet joined the board when we made the nominations, but we did them. If you'd have been here you could have nominated any other poster on the board.

So the real problem is that you were late, not that we shut you out.

I bet some people nominated him.

My point was you guys are losing quality people running this board how you do. This forum lately has been dead. IS forums often time have been more interesting but I like to be on both.

Shade, my email is my email address. The burden shouldn't be on me having to prove i'm not someone i'm not. As I said, continiously monitor my ip activity for all I care. You guys have treated me in a low light so don't wonder why you are losing valuable members who post.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:20 PM
:confused: I'm sorry to be a thickie, but what am I missing here? Why do people care about Sassan?

I think its clear that banning him was the right thing to do, he was out of line too many times.

Why is this thread heading towards three pages? The new guy (be he Sassan, or be he not) wants Sassan to be listed as a "most fanatical", but its not going to happen, right? Why is this being discussed?

I'm not trying to be shi++y, I just really don't understand.

I think we're all as confused as you.

Why 3 pages? Well Sassan's threads seemed to find a way of growing quickly. As he liked to boast as a reason for "re-instatement", he does get people talking. Of course, he failed to mention that it was negative commentary.

You're 100% correct that this is a non-issue. The nominations are in, and were weeks ago, and most importantly they're not meant to be taken seriously at all; this is just a fun thing I do on the side at the end of the season. It's nothing more than that. I don't think anyone has a problem understanding that except this new guy. If he even is a new guy.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:23 PM

My point was you guys are losing quality people running this board how you do. This forum lately has been dead. IS forums often time have been more interesting but I like to be on both.

Shade, my email is my email address. The burden shouldn't be on me having to prove i'm not someone i'm not. As I said, continiously monitor my ip activity for all I care. You guys have treated me in a low light so don't wonder why you are losing valuable members who post.

If you can't or won't even mention names, that argument is incredibly weak and ineffective, so please stop wasting our time with it.

And as you've ignored the first few times Shade and I have mentioned it, yet AGAIN you sound like Sassan, whether you realize it or not. Care to explain the more than incidental similarities?

Finally, why are you still here? You obviously have a problem with PD and those that populate it, so why not leave us and our dwindling population to fade into nothingness, as you've so convincingly suggested we are?

RWB
so don't wonder why you are losing valuable members

I hope to speak for all the guys who post here. We have no desire to lose our valuable members.

Hicks
Anthem, Sassan got nominated, but banned members are disqualified.

Will Galen
06-02-2005, 05:24 PM
I do believe it's EARL SASSAN!

Shade
06-02-2005, 05:24 PM

This forum has not been "dead." It has slowed down, due to the offseason, like it always does.

Sure, IS has more activity. The troll count there is astonishing. There will always be activity due to that.

The e-mail address has to be one hell of a weird coincidence, you have to admit that.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I still don't buy the "losing valuable members" comments. Talk has died around here because the season is over. We even had some of those said valuable members say "goodbye, see you next season". Anyone that's a valuable member here I'm positive would have spoken out about WHY they were leaving, if they really were.

Once again going under the theory this guy might be Sassan, I'll mention he always thought he was some vital member of this forum, so he's probably just referring to himself.

Vicious Tyrant
06-02-2005, 05:28 PM
After consulting the Bible for an idea of how to handle this, I suggest we cut Earl (eai21) in half. Sassan can have one half and PD the other.

Fair?

Will Galen
06-02-2005, 05:28 PM
This forum has not been "dead." It has slowed down, due to the offseason, like it always does.

Sure, IS has more activity. The troll count there is astonishing. There will always be activity due to that.

The e-mail address has to be one hell of a weird coincidence, you have to admit that.

It's not a coincidence. When something smells like a duck, looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and sounds like a duck, for all intents and purposes it is a duck. It's Sassan!

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:29 PM
After consulting the Bible for an idea of how to handle this, I suggest we cut Earl (eai21) in half. Sassan can have one half and PD the other.

Fair?

Is there a mod/hack for this with vBulletin, able?! :o :D

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:30 PM
It's not a coincidence. When something smells like a duck, looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and sounds like a duck, for all intents and purposes it is a duck. It's Sassan!

I have to agree.

I have nothing on my agenda today. I'm willing to see where his goes in the unlikely, 1% chance that this IS some other guy; it's been entertaining so far. :laugh:

MagicRat
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
I love all of the members here (most of them) and look forward to discussing the team I love with the guys [and gals]. I dont get that oppurtunity much seeing as I am a out of state fan........

Uh, what's that have to do with what RWB wrote?....:confused:.......

RWB
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Don't forget the forum party next month. Hope to see Sassan there (and yes I'm serious) he might have some cool stories.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 05:32 PM
If you can't or won't even mention names, that argument is incredibly weak and ineffective, so please stop wasting our time with it.

And as you've ignored the first few times Shade and I have mentioned it, yet AGAIN you sound like Sassan, whether you realize it or not. Care to explain the more than incidental similarities?

Finally, why are you still here? You obviously have a problem with PD and those that populate it, so why not leave us and our dwindling population to fade into nothingness, as you've so convincingly suggested we are?

I like to post here or be registered because I am a Pacer fan.

What similaties ? Our email's have x's ? All I can tell you is that is my email address. Get over that. You can monitor my connection continiously. What do I do ? I have no life I am at a friends house all day to be on here ? LOL come on people.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Don't forget the forum party next month. Hope to see Sassan there (and yes I'm serious) he might have some cool stories.

If he's as nice in real life as he is in 1 on 1 conversations, then I agree. From what I've heard from a few other members on here, he is, so if so I'd look forward to it.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I like to post here or be registered because I am a Pacer fan.

Desptire how political we are, how we hate Sassan, and personally insult you? Glutton for punishment, I guess.

What similaties ? Our email's have x's ? All I can tell you is that is my email address. Get over that. You can monitor my connection continiously. What do I do ? I have no life I am at a friends house all day to be on here ? LOL come on people.

You still sound ridiculously similar to Sassan.

RWB
06-02-2005, 05:41 PM
If he's as nice in real life as he is in 1 on 1 conversations, then I agree. From what I've heard from a few other members on here, he is, so if so I'd look forward to it.

And this is why Hicks is known as a stand-up guy.

Shade
06-02-2005, 05:46 PM

Actually, I WOULD like Sass to attend the forum party. I hear he's a pretty cool guy IRL, and I'm sure he has some good stories. Maybe we could even hammer out a compromise that allows him back on PD. :uhoh: ;)

indytoad
06-02-2005, 05:55 PM
I have no clue why I am explaining myself, but I was saying I had no intention of leaving and that I loved this place.............

Double entandre! Ha ha!

IndyToad
Trying to sound like the boss from Harvey Birdman

Hicks
06-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I've humored you this far, but if this is all you're going to bring to the table, eai2l, Sassan, or whoever you are, then you will not stay around long. Whether you are Sassan are not, you act exactly like him, and if we're not going to let him act that way here, we won't allow you to either. So either stop while you're remotely ahead, or be gone.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 06:33 PM
I've humored you this far, but if this is all you're going to bring to the table, eai2l, Sassan, or whoever you are, then you will not stay around long. Whether you are Sassan are not, you act exactly like him, and if we're not going to let him act that way here, we won't allow you to either. So either stop while you're remotely ahead, or be gone.

I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what I did wrong. All I did was respond to a poster and agree with him.

Please refer to me as my real name. It's Earl. I have no clue why you are acting so negative towards me. Now you are threatening to ban me ? For what exactly, I am not sure. As I said, stop accusing people og being Sassan. It's happened too much lately when you probably were wrong. I have responded to other threads too. It isn't just about this. I'm not trying to argue here but I am a 44 year old Desert Storm veteran who has lost some limbs (part of my foot) and I find it very offensive the way you are talking to me.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what I did wrong. All I did was respond to a poster and agree with him.

Please refer to me as my real name. It's Earl. I have no clue why you are acting so negative towards me. Now you are threatening to ban me ? For what exactly, I am not sure. As I said, stop accusing people og being Sassan. It's happened too much lately when you probably were wrong. I have responded to other threads too. It isn't just about this. I'm not trying to argue here but I am a 44 year old Desert Storm veteran who has lost some limbs (part of my foot) and I find it very offensive the way you are talking to me.

If this really is Sassan you've got a hell of a lot of nerve to play the war veteran card. That's really sick and low.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Also, I'm highly skeptical that a REAL war veteran would pull that out just to get respect/sympathy/whatever on an internet sports message board over a petty argument about a banned user. That makes no sense at all.

Anthem
06-02-2005, 07:05 PM

I'm sure they did. But he wasn't currently a member of PD, because he couldn't keep a civil tongue in his head. That's what "banned" means. My original statement stands. Any member of PD could have nominated any other member. And we didn't lose any "quality posters" over the issue. We lost some good guys in the first 6 months, back when Hicks was still figuring out how to be a good admin. Since then, though, everybody that's left has been somebody we've been well rid of. I've never heard anyone suggest Hicks wasn't fair to Sassan... quite the opposite. Most people think the kid got too many chances.

You've got an awful lot of history for someone whose login is only 4 days old.

Knucklehead Warrior
06-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Can't be sassan. Posts way under 200 words per.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm about to go out with my grandkids but it wasn't just about him. It is about the offensive way you are talking to me.

Son, how old are you ? 25? I am tired of trying to explain who I am and I didn't bring no war card out. Even if it is an internet forum, I have done a lot for our country and I don't feel you should be talking to me with such disrespect because I disagree with you.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 07:25 PM
One last thing to Mr. Anthem. No one suggests such a thing because they get vilified like I have been today.

Will Galen
06-02-2005, 07:34 PM
I have no doubt it's Sassan himself. Same unreasonable, argumentative, hardheaded, style, etc. etc. etc.

It's unreasonable to jump into the middle of the awards and claim they are a farce because Sassan isn't eligible.

It's argumentative to keep on arguing after you've stated your case.

It's hardheaded to keep asking what . . . heck with it . . . there's no chance it's not Sassan, but even if it wasn't what difference does it make, he acts like Sassan.

Will Galen
06-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Okay Mr. Earl, I see you are online. If you were in the military give your rank and what service you were in and what outfit. Where did you take basic training?

eai2l
06-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Okay Mr. Earl, I see you are online. If you were in the military give your rank and what service you were in and what outfit. Where did you take basic training?

I don't have to prove anything to any one. Your questions in themselves were border-line insulting but before I retired from active duty I was a Lieutenant but I don't want to give personal information out about me because even though I am retired I still work in some capacity for one of our intelligence services. Do you wonder why I live in San Diego? I was based out of Camp Pendleton.

Kegboy
06-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Man, I thought I had obsessive fans.

Maybe I should start spawning a bunch of different aliases so I'll stop coming in last in all these freakin' polls.

SoupIsGood
06-02-2005, 08:21 PM

Finally, someone I can relate to...

heywoode
06-02-2005, 08:23 PM
So, at the end of the poll, would you total up the votes for all your different aliases? Man, you could kick some serious a$$...have different points-of-view so you'd pick up ALL the different demographics.....

You would rule.:laugh:

SoupIsGood
06-02-2005, 08:33 PM

I don't have to prove anything to any one. Your questions in themselves were border-line insulting but before I retired from active duty I was a Lieutenant but I don't want to give personal information out about me because even though I am retired I still work in some capacity for one of our intelligence services. Do you wonder why I live in San Diego? I was based out of Camp Pendleton.

I don't care if Sassan is a great guy in real life, this is low.

I am a 44 year old Desert Storm veteran who has lost some limbs (part of my foot) and I find it very offensive the way you are talking to me.

A vet would NEVER say that. I'm sorry, but I can't imagine someone who has served for this country asking to be babied on an internet forum because he lost part of his foot.

Besides, part of your foot isn't 'some limbs' (unless you count toes, maybe). You would think you'd learn this after living with it for several years.

I don't have to prove anything to any one.

You've spent this entire thread trying to prove you are not Sassan, and then when someone asks for specifics, you pull this? I smell a cop-out.

Sassan, your imitation of an officer is a disgrace.

Who the heck is named Earl nowadays, anyhow? :-p

SoupIsGood
06-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Do you wonder why I live in San Diego?

This is ny account, run my ip for all you want.

This, like most of what you say, doesn't add up, Sassan.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Just in case this isn't Sassan (fat chance, but all the same): Sassan also tried at least 5 times to message me on AIM, and do you know how he did it? With random-sounding usernames that don't suggest it's him, where he pretended to be someone else first. Every time. So if you truly are not this man, which frankly you're not very convincing, then you need to understand the suspicion. I also think if you know the history as well as you claim to, then you wouldn't even need so much explanation to understand where we're coming from.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 08:43 PM
So, at the end of the poll, would you total up the votes for all your different aliases? Man, you could kick some serious a$$...have different points-of-view so you'd pick up ALL the different demographics.....

Are you refering to me ? May I ask what you are rambling about. It got me really confused and it does not really make sense. It was as well insulting to me.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Everything is insulting to you, apparently. Are all "soldiers" this easily offended? (Again if this is someone else I'm deeply sorry, but it smells like a setup)

Kegboy
06-02-2005, 08:46 PM

No, I meant I'd create a bunch of different users who would all vote for me.

But that's an interesting idea. :devil:

eai2l
06-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Wow so many people on this board have become so offensively to me.

I said it before and i'll say it again for the last time. I know about the kid but I am not him. I am who I say I am. When I post in the future in non-Sassan discussions I want to be known for who I really am. Please, stop disrespecting me.

Kegboy
06-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Wow so many people on this board have become so offensively to me.

I said it before and i'll say it again for the last time. I know about the kid but I am not him. I am who I say I am. When I post in the future in non-Sassan discussions I want to be known for who I really am. Please, stop disrespecting me.

I think you meant "offensive to me".

:wave:

Hicks
06-02-2005, 09:00 PM
I thought you were going out with your grandkids? Short trip?

And you're 44, right? If you're going out with your grandkids (plural), it's a safe assumption that the oldest is at least 2-5 years old. So you became a grandfather around 39-42? :hmm:

Vicious Tyrant
06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Earl, you be illin.

SoupIsGood
06-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Please, stop disrespecting me.

Earl is waving us in, it's safe to land in Sassanville.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I thought you were going out with your grandkids? Short trip?

And you're 44, right? If you're going out with your grandkids (plural), it's a safe assumption that the oldest is at least 2-5 years old. So you became a grandfather around 39-42? :hmm:

Son, so I should start explaining to you my life now ? They came over and they are 2 and 3 and we ate ice cream and watched some tv. We are all in the house. Stop the disrespecting of me for the last time. I won't even respond to such posts in the future.

SoupIsGood
06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I won't even respond to such posts in the future.
That promise will be broken in

:devil:

Hicks
06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I won't even respond to such posts in the future.

I can't imagine why not.

Seriously, who says "going out with someone" when you plan to have someone stay in your house?

Vicious Tyrant
06-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey, I apologize to everyone about asking why we care.

This is the most fun I've had on a message board in quite some time!!!

Come on Earl, don't put up with these whippersnappers disrespecting you! Keep it up!!!

eai2l
06-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I can't imagine why not.

Seriously, who says "going out with someone" when you plan to have someone stay in your house?

Plans change. That`s how I live my life now. Let`s please move on...

Hicks
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
That promise will be broken in

:devil:

12 minutes. :D

Vicious Tyrant
06-02-2005, 10:03 PM
That`s how I live my life now. Let`s please move on...

Now that's what I call a quote! I hope you don't mind if I steal that.

VT's wife: I thought you were coming home at 5pm. What were you doing at the bar?

VT: Plans change. That's how I live my life.

or

VT's boss: Why are you not wearing a shirt to work?

VT: That's how I live my life now. Let's please move on.

Sweet, baby!

Hicks
06-02-2005, 10:05 PM
:lmao:

Unclebuck
06-02-2005, 10:09 PM
I've enjoyed this thread.

eai2l
06-02-2005, 10:11 PM
You guys sure are funny, that's for sure.

Kstat
06-02-2005, 10:11 PM
IMO, the only person willing to go 4 full pages for sassan is sassan.

And yes, after reading this thread, is you replaced his SN with Sassan's, would anybody know the difference?

And if you really AREN'T sassan, then you should do yourself a favor and talk about something else besides sassan.

Vicious Tyrant
06-02-2005, 10:16 PM
And if you really AREN'T sassan, then you should do yourself a favor and talk about something else besides sassan.

Come on Kstat, that's how Earl lives his life, lets' please move on.

Anthem
06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm amazed that this thread is still going.

Earl, if you're not Sassan you've got to know this looks pretty dodgy. At least admit that for us.

indytoad
06-02-2005, 10:33 PM
I love the offseason.

IndyToad
My Special Day has been ruined

Kegboy
06-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Come on Kstat, that's how Earl lives his life, lets' please move on.

Oh...can't...breath...Must...Stop...Laughing...:lo lchair:

Anthem
06-02-2005, 10:45 PM

Don't say "Nazi" to a war veteran!

:tsk:

Kegboy
06-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Don't say "Nazi" to a war veteran!

:tsk:

What? I'm talking about Gram Mernazi. He was an anal retentive freak I knew who was always correcting people's grammar. Italian, I think.

Bball
06-02-2005, 10:48 PM
I thought this thread was pretty funny... and then I realized whether this was Sassan or not it's kind of pathetic and sad :blush:

That doesn't stop me from laughing tho!

:laugh:

Bball

Jermaniac
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
LOL@this thread. If this guy is not Sassan then he is his #1 fan and Sassan should watch out cause this guy is obssesed with him.

Anthem
06-02-2005, 10:58 PM
What? I'm talking about Gram Mernazi. He was an anal retentive freak I knew who was always correcting people's grammar. Italian, I think.

Stryder
06-02-2005, 11:08 PM

VT's wife: I thought you were coming home at 5pm. What were you doing at the bar?

or

Sweet, baby!

CLASSIC!

Harmonica
06-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I don't know who I feel worse for: Sassan or the people who kept this going by humoring him. Maybe you were just humoring each other. I don't know...but someone clearly needs help here and it isn't me!

ChicagoJ
06-03-2005, 01:18 AM
I still want names of who we've lost...mostly because I think this is the worst bluff I've seen all night (and I'm on the train home after a night of hard drinking with co-workers at our annual "fake casino" night... Ahhh, life in the Big Four..).

Btw, Wally, that was priceless. :laugh:

Kstat
06-03-2005, 01:25 AM
wait......we lost someone? I mean, someone that we didn't ban first?

I mean, if you think about it, even the people that we BAN keep trying to come back under assumed screen names, so its hard to believe anyone would just want to leave on their own.....

cramerica
06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Man I get tired of these post and these whiny little biatches. Who gives a crap? There's bigger problems in this world than to be worried about stupid awards and whether or not sassan should be allowed back on this board. The kid f'd up, and he's gone. Get over it.

Shade
06-03-2005, 03:08 AM
Are you refering to me ? May I ask what you are rambling about. It got me really confused and it does not really make sense. It was as well insulting to me.

If you didn't understand it, why was it insulting to you? :hmm:

Kegboy
06-03-2005, 11:35 AM
If you didn't understand it, why was it insulting to you? :hmm:

Perhaps we're insulting his intelligence, or lack thereof.

Pig Nash
06-03-2005, 01:10 PM

I think you meant "grammarnazi" :-p

Will Galen
06-03-2005, 01:26 PM
If this is truely Sassan, and you stoop as low as to say you are a war vetran, then you have reached an all time low..............

Book it!

When I asked him some questions about the military he was viewing the same thread and it took him 30 minutes to reply . . . er . . . I mean to compose a story and look things up on the Internet.

A vet that had lost part of his foot would/could prove he was in the military with no trouble at all. The military has it's own language and anyone in the military could answer simple questions that would prove that either they were actually in the military or were close to people who were.

He begged off because he said he still has connections to the miitary. That is pure unadulterated baloney. You don't give secrets away by saying what unit you are in unless you are in a war zone, etc.

He can't and won't answer questions because he doesn't know the language.

Gyron
06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Not to mention, someone who is working with Military intelligence, wouldn't tell you they were working with military intelligence......especially on an internet intelligence board.....man this thread has had me lauging my *** off!

SoupIsGood
06-03-2005, 02:01 PM
I will never forget the "That's how I live my life" quote. That's up there with Office Space in terms of Soup's All-time Quotes.

You took my stapler..... I could burn the building down...

Gyron
06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Doh, two thoughts coverged into one....That was meant to be an internet forum.....

Anthem
06-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Intelligence? Where?

Shade
06-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Intelligence? Where?

Don't look behind you... :uhoh: :devil:

Los Angeles
06-03-2005, 04:38 PM
pa∑thol∑o∑gy
deviation from propriety or from an assumed normal state

dis∑hon∑es∑ty
Function: noun
1 : lack of honesty or integrity : disposition to defraud or deceive
2 : a dishonest act : FRAUD

cra∑zy
1 a : full of cracks or flaws : UNSOUND b : CROOKED, ASKEW
2 a : MAD, INSANE b (1) : IMPRACTICAL (2) : ERRATIC c : being out of the ordinary : UNUSUAL <a taste for crazy hats>
3 a : distracted with desire or excitement <a thrill-crazy mob> b : absurdly fond : INFATUATED <he's crazy about the girl> c : passionately preoccupied : OBSESSED <crazy about boats>

in∑tel∑li∑gence
1 a (1) : the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations

Kegboy
06-03-2005, 08:08 PM

I was wondering when somebody was gonna catch that.

Still glad I did it. Gram Marnazi doesn't have the same ring to it.

Hicks
06-03-2005, 08:18 PM
He's not replying because I ended this before I went to bed last night.

Kegboy
06-03-2005, 09:35 PM
He's not replying because I ended this before I went to bed last night.

Yeah, I figured. You always have to go spoil all our fun. :(

MagicRat
06-03-2005, 10:19 PM

I'm pretty sure he did mean "Grammer Nazi".....:whoknows:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/grammernazi.jpg

Vicious Tyrant
06-04-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm pretty sure he did mean "Grammer Nazi".....:whoknows:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/grammernazi.jpg

That's just painful. Really - it hurts.

MagicRat
06-04-2005, 01:01 AM
That's just painful. Really - it hurts.

So you're saying you wouldn't like to see Kelsey Grammer in the role of Col. Klink?.....

PaceBalls
06-04-2005, 04:21 AM
I didn't get an award cept the guess the score, and that is just fine with me. It is the best award ever anyway. Cause who gives a crap about yer forum status unless you can guess the best score like a vegas dandy :p

right right?

Will Galen
06-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah man, right on!

There are 1700 registered posters and 20 votes or less will usually get some poor smuck an award he doesn't necessarily embrace. They should make it so that everyone gets an award, that way no one will feel he's not part of the Pacer Digest click, and everyone will have his little feeling hurt.

You earned your award the old fashioned way . . . by being lucky.

However, if I hadn't . . . ah . . . hurt my back at the start of the season you would have been left hoping for a poor smuck award. Betcha a bucket of pig lard you don't repeat next year.

((g.g.s.))

Kegboy
06-04-2005, 12:38 PM
They should make it so that everyone gets an award,

I hereby nominate Will Galen for the Best Avatar Involving Cruelty to Animals Award.

Will Galen
06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I hereby nominate Will Galen for the Best Avatar Involving Cruelty to Animals Award.

Cruelty to Animals?

I guess you haven't seen the whole series of pictures.

(Putting on my Paul Harvey hat) And now the rest of the story . . .

The guy pulls the trigger and water squirts into the kittens face. The next picture in the series shows the kitten is quite stunned . . . after all he had his hands . . . er . . . his paws up.

The picture after that shows the kitten is a genetic freak as three inch razor sharp claws pop into view.

The fourth picture shows the kitten with two bloody paws and the hand that once held a water pistole is now a bloody stump.

Since I've described the whole series of pictures you can see why I must humbly decline your so gracious nomination.

Vicious Tyrant
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
So you're saying you wouldn't like to see Kelsey Grammer in the role of Col. Klink?.....

I'm just saying some of the puns on this board cause me gas. VISUAL PUNS like that cause my stomach to cramp and leak like Olestra Pringles!

MagicRat
06-04-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm just saying some of the puns on this board cause me gas. VISUAL PUNS like that cause my stomach to cramp and leak like Olestra Pringles!

Sorry I caused trouble for you. Please accept this with my sincerest apologies....

http://img2.store.yahoo.co.jp/I/express_1836_13627801

Vicious Tyrant
06-05-2005, 09:13 AM
^ :lol:

Vicious Tyrant
06-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Earl: A remembrance :cry:

Well, I'm not much for public speaking. I'm mostly a humble aw-shucks kind of guy. But now that Earl is no longer with us, I figgered one of needed to memorialize this fella who touched our lives so richly in such a brief period of time.

I think I speak for us all when I say I remember Earl as a man who wasn't afraid to stand up for what was right, whether it was his country (for which he lost part of his foot, or possibly some limbs, I'm not sure which) or his pride (I remember the way he would say please when asking people to stop 'disrespecting' him). He was a man loved his grandkids, even if he did deceive them about what they would be doing when they visited his home ('hey kids, want to go out tonight?' 'well kids, when I said "going out", I meant staying in and watching me type messages on the internet. That's how I live my life. Let's please move on.').

Earl also stood up for a young man who is also no longer with us. Maybe it was the way they both used multiple X's in their user name, or maybe it was something deeper and more spiritual, but something united Earl to Sassan in a way that inspired us all. Earl didn't mind being skewered by the corrupt powers that be ( :cough:Hicks:cough: ) to stand up for this special young man and his dignity, even in the face of being disrespected. We have all been humbled and enriched by this relationship, which is exactly what it was (a relationship) because Earl was not Sassan. at all. totally. let's please move on.

Now, there has been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk - about Earl's insatiable passion for filthy space alien pornography, but really....this isn't the time or place to bring that up. Please. Let's move on....

I'm sure all of us, his grandkids, Earl's old training buddies at Camp Pendleton, and his current military friends in the covert intellingence field, would rather have us remember Earl for his more positive qualities. Granted, he got confused easily and often, and he sometimes couldn't remember how to use proper grammAr, but the man cared.

Yes, he cared. He was rude, stupid, ignorant, and pitiful. But he cared. And isn't that really the point? That he cared and he stood up for his beliefs. And that's the thing. And his strength. He cared, he stood up for things, and he had strength. or he was strong. Yeah, he cared, he stood up, and was strong....well, maybe it was more about how he stood up to Hicks. Yeah, yeah, that's the main thing. He stood up to Hicks. And Shade, too. He stood up to Hicks and Shade. Or maybe he stood up for Sassan.

Well, its all those things. Plus a whole bunch more things, all rolled up into one. And that, my friends, is what Earl was to me.

Harmonica
06-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve oíclock news blues
And Iíve given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder Iím not crazy? is it any wonder Iím sane at all
Well Iím so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisiní but Iíve no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder Iím not a criminal?
Is it any wonder Iím not in jail?
Is it any wonder Iíve got

Too much time on my hands, itís ticking away with my sanity
Iíve got too much time on my hands, itís hard to believe such a calamity
Iíve got too much time on my hands and itís ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Well, Iím a jet fuel genius - I can solve the worldís problems
Without even trying
I have dozens of friends and the fun never ends
That is, as long as Iím buying
Is it any wonder Iím not the president
(heís not the president)
Is it any wonder Iím null and void?
Is it any wonder Iíve got

Too much time on my hands, itís ticking away at my sanity
Iíve got too much time on my hands, itís hard to believe such a calamity
Iíve got too much time on my hands and itís ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Hicks
06-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Well, I'm not much for public speaking. I'm mostly a humble aw-shucks kind of guy. But now that Earl is no longer with us, I figgered one of needed to memorialize this fella who touched our lives so richly in such a brief period of time.

I think I speak for us all when I say I remember Earl as a man who wasn't afraid to stand up for what was right, whether it was his country (for which he lost part of his foot, or possibly some limbs, I'm not sure which) or his pride (I remember the way he would say please when asking people to stop 'disrespecting' him). He was a man loved his grandkids, even if he did deceive them about what they would be doing when they visited his home ('hey kids, want to go out tonight?' 'well kids, when I said "going out", I meant staying in and watching me type messages on the internet. That's how I live my life. Let's please move on.').

Earl also stood up for a young man who is also no longer with us. Maybe it was the way they both used multiple X's in their user name, or maybe it was something deeper and more spiritual, but something united Earl to Sassan in a way that inspired us all. Earl didn't mind being skewered by the corrupt powers that be ( :cough:Hicks:cough: ) to stand up for this special young man and his dignity, even in the face of being disrespected. We have all been humbled and enriched by this relationship, which is exactly what it was (a relationship) because Earl was not Sassan. at all. totally. let's please move on.

Now, there has been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk - about Earl's insatiable passion for filthy space alien pornography, but really....this isn't the time or place to bring that up. Please. Let's move on....

I'm sure all of us, his grandkids, Earl's old training buddies at Camp Pendleton, and his current military friends in the covert intellingence field, would rather have us remember Earl for his more positive qualities. Granted, he got confused easily and often, and he sometimes couldn't remember how to use proper grammAr, but the man cared.

Yes, he cared. He was rude, stupid, ignorant, and pitiful. But he cared. And isn't that really the point? That he cared and he stood up for his beliefs. And that's the thing. And his strength. He cared, he stood up for things, and he had strength. or he was strong. Yeah, he cared, he stood up, and was strong....well, maybe it was more about how he stood up to Hicks. Yeah, yeah, that's the main thing. He stood up to Hicks. And Shade, too. He stood up to Hicks and Shade. Or maybe he stood up for Sassan.

Well, its all those things. Plus a whole bunch more things, all rolled up into one. And that, my friends, is what Earl was to me.

Mourning
06-05-2005, 11:39 AM

:o :spitout: :rotflmao:

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Kegboy
06-05-2005, 01:02 PM
:cry:

:applaud:

Shade
06-05-2005, 02:22 PM

:spitout: :lmao:

CLASSIC.

ChicagoJ
06-05-2005, 10:29 PM
This is why I predicted a year ago that VT could rival MagicRat for "Most Humerous". If he's not careful, I'll post his writeup on the football team in our 1990 yearbook. :pimp:

abington
06-05-2005, 11:45 PM

Post of the year?!!?

Shade
06-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Post of the year?!!?

It's only June. Let's please move on...

Stryder
08-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Can I get a rememberance?

And now,

Let's please move on...

ChicagoJ
08-19-2006, 03:26 PM

or

Sweet, baby!

This never fails to make me laugh.

Anthem
08-19-2006, 04:25 PM
:laugh: Oh, man, this is so classic.

Robertmto
08-19-2006, 05:07 PM
And this has now OFFICIALLY changed my life.

Hicks
08-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Plans change. That`s how I live my life now. Let`s please move on...

You know, I think I may use this as my closing line when I'm explaining to someone new here why they're in trouble with the Admins.

That, and it should be my default reason for editing or deleting a post. :laugh:

rexnom
08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm just sad that Hicks banned him before he could reply. I mean, it was the right thing to do but I think he still had some goodies in him.

Btw, now I finally get the whole awards thing. Man. I dunno which is funnier tho, the eulogy or this:

or

Sweet, baby!
Now that I think about it, the Eulogy made me LOL too much for it not to be number one.

Shade
08-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Jeez people, this thread is OLD! Let's please move on... :devil:

317Kim
08-22-2006, 06:12 AM

As a former noo-b, this was an awesome read.

SycamoreKen
08-22-2006, 09:24 PM
I was asking myself why I was waisting my time reading this until I got to the eulogy. Very funny! Now I know what i missed when I went out of town for that week!

FlavaDave
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Oooooooooooh, okay. I get it now.

I get jokes.

Robobtowncolt
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Ah, those were good times. So young, so innocent.

Naptown_Seth
01-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Wow, great stuff for a youngster like me. Who knew.

Tyrant probably has the funniest post I've ever read at PD with that eulogy. rememberance. reflection. whatever. it was all of those things and more. ;)

If only I'd joined as xxxNaptownSethxxx instead. Gotta rep the Halo clan dontcha know, it's how I live my life now.

Hicks
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
I caught this again while testing the new Google search. :laugh:

Kegboy
06-20-2007, 05:01 PM
This thread is such a treasure. I forgot that both Graham Marnatsi and Robokegboy were conceived here.

JayRedd
06-20-2007, 05:33 PM
I was asking myself why I was waisting my time reading this until I got to the eulogy. Very funny!

Ditto.

But wow...AMAZING...that was just hilarious.

rexnom
06-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Around awards time, this thread always makes "please, let's move on. this is how I live my now." possibly the greatest PD inside joke ever.

The Hustler
06-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Wow ... just wow ...

This has really changed me ... but i guess plans change, thats how i live my live my life ... lets move on ... now where is my X rated version of aliens Vs Predator?

Mr.ThunderMakeR
06-23-2007, 02:56 AM
I sometimes wonder how ol' Earl is doing these days. Is he still working in the intelligence community? Does he still get phantom pains where his toes used to be? His grandkids are proabaly 5 or 6 now, I wonder does he still promise to take them out, or have they wised up to his on-the-fly lifestyle?

Vicious Tyrant
06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Ha ha.

I've been gone for like a year. It's nice to know my single contribution to this great thread is still on page 2 of the Shout Box.

My "post of the year" award is loving displayed above the porch. Hick's signature alone brings numerous fans and well-wishers to my door to examine his penmanship. I regale people at parties with the story of my winning the "post of the year award and it has made me the toast of Bloomington's high society. Still, I remain the same old humble Tyrant I ever was.

SycamoreKen
07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
I forgot this was about our awards. I thought there was going to be a thought provoking debate about the ESPY's, but then I realized I was thinking about the ESPY's and came to my senses. This is about much more serious stuff.

I need to go to bed.

Stryder
08-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Can I bump this for good measure? Haha. Classic.

Mourning
08-06-2008, 07:03 PM
THIS topic would be a frontrunner for "best ever topic on PD", it simply never gets old :).

Hicks
08-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Ha ha.

I've been gone for like a year. It's nice to know my single contribution to this great thread is still on page 2 of the Shout Box.

My "post of the year" award is loving displayed above the porch. Hick's signature alone brings numerous fans and well-wishers to my door to examine his penmanship. I regale people at parties with the story of my winning the "post of the year award and it has made me the toast of Bloomington's high society. Still, I remain the same old humble Tyrant I ever was.

RETURN TO US!

Anthem
08-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow. I just re-read this thread and I have to say I'm pretty embarrassed.

I can't believe we gave Earl that much slack. "So sorry to offend you, Earl, but you sound just like Sassan."

Hindsight's always 20-20, I guess. Oh, and VT is a man among men.

avoidingtheclowns
08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
the eulogy is seventeen different types of fantastic. where the hell is VT?

Since86
08-07-2008, 01:06 PM
the eulogy is seventeen different types of fantastic. where the hell is VT?

Thankfully, I haven't seen him.

A few years ago I got a minor consump at IU during Little 500. Did my service work Sunday morning, and wouldn't you know, VT was the supervisor. Of course I didn't know it was him at the time, but like two weeks after someone posted a pic of him and I made the connection.

Pretty laid back/funny guy in person. It wasn't the greatest experience, but we could have been stuck with a prick and made it worse. I've walked more places in Bloomington than I care to remember......

Los Angeles
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
You haven't truly lived until you've picked up trash wearing an orange vest!

ChicagoJ
08-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Thankfully, I haven't seen him.

A few years ago I got a minor consump at IU during Little 500. Did my service work Sunday morning, and wouldn't you know, VT was the supervisor. Of course I didn't know it was him at the time, but like two weeks after someone posted a pic of him and I made the connection.

Pretty laid back/funny guy in person. It wasn't the greatest experience, but we could have been stuck with a prick and made it worse. I've walked more places in Bloomington than I care to remember......

I've known VT's father and younger brother since college. VT was a couple of years older so I knew "of" him then but never communicated with him until he showed up here. Maybe I can track him down and beg him to return and grace us with his wit and humor.

btowncolt
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I've known VT's father and younger brother since college. VT was a couple of years older so I knew "of" him then but never communicated with him until he showed up here. Maybe I can track him down and beg him to return and grace us with his wit and humor.

Tell him I have candy.

Or don't - whichever is more likely to bring him back.

ChicagoJ
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Free candy?

I'm waiting for it... Please... for old time's sake...

Shade
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
http://hunch.se/stuff/free_candy.jpg

ChicagoJ
08-07-2008, 06:26 PM
YES!!

Anthem
08-07-2008, 10:17 PM
:laugh: Ah, memories.

Stryder
09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Classic stuff here. It's been over 2 years since it was bumped. Originated more than 5 years ago. I remembered this and just had to find it and bump it.

Kegboy
09-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Kelsey Grammer's sitcoms keep failing, maybe he will resurrect Hogan's Heroes.