PDA

View Full Version : Wanna hear something that sux?

Harddrive7
06-02-2005, 03:03 PM
my wife co-signed for my brother in law to get a house (rental) and he totally left it in shambles, like $6,000.00 worth. Of course he's an idiot and doesn't have any money. Put it this way, he has four kids to support on an under the table, half ***, tattoo job.

So guess who they're coming after? That's right. we went to court and the judge looked at my B-I-L, then looked at my wife and said, "I'm really sorry that you guys are mixed up in this" and found in favor of the Landlord.

So the other day we get a thing in the mail stating that he now has "legal access" to our checking account. Just like that my world has been completely turned upside down by someone else's incompetence.

there's really nothin gthat we can do either bu tpay it out of our own pockets and try to get it back from him.

I just thought that if anyone was having a bad day that this may help. You know, one of those, It could be worse type thingy's.

Vicious Tyrant
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Your brother in law be illin.

J/k. That totally reeks. Irresponsible family is hard to deal with.

Harddrive7
06-02-2005, 03:23 PM
specially when we're leaving for Myrtle Beach tomorrow PM. Something else to worry about while I'm on vacation I guess.

Since86
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
specially when we're leaving for Myrtle Beach tomorrow PM. Something else to worry about while I'm on vacation I guess.

If you want something else to worry about, start worrying about those damn jellyfish....... :blush:

Last time I was at MB I headed straight for the water. Not 2mins out there, I get nailed by a jellyfish. Got a huge rash on the side of my neck, and a cut from it's tenicle from my left shoulder down my back to my right hip. The lifeguard told me he'd pee on the rash for free and I bout passed out lol. Good thing they have lotion now .......... :censored:

Los Angeles
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
You can have a very civil conversation with the landlord and set up a payment plan, Then set up a separate payment plan with your brother-in-law that could include work for trade (yard work, etc.) This way, you reduce your losses and don't lose the entire amount up front.

That's the hard way.

Here's the easy way: if you have the cash, pay the entire amount. OR - get a bank loan and pay the bank back at your own pace. What's easy about these plans? You never have to speak to the landlord or the brother-in-law again.

Stryder
06-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I smell a beatdown comin' on.

Layeth the smacketh downeth on his candy a$$!

Seriously now,

That is horrible. I wouldn't talk to the guy ever again. I'd never co-sign another loan for a family member/friends ever again. I've always told myself that I wouldn't do that, but I've never had to...yet...

Shade
06-02-2005, 04:28 PM
That does suck.

Wanna hear something else that sucks?

A good friend of mine (and, admittedly, someone I like) just got engaged to a guy that I don't trust, and I believe may actually even end up hurting her (he is jealous to the point of irrational obsession). How do you deal with something like THAT without pissing off everyone in the process, or just sitting back and waiting for it to happen? I don't want to not be her friend anymore, but I just have to step back and try to detach from the whole situation, at least temporarily, or I don't know what I may do.

Proving, once again, that people just can't be trusted. Most of them are evil, selfish SOBs and there's not much you can do short of going on a killing spree. :mad:

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:35 PM
I think you've become more bitter than me, Shade (but then again you are about 5 years older, right? ;) ), but aside from that I think we were seperated at birth. :D We should hang out and ***** about life together, only in a living room instead of the internet! :chuckle:

Shade
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I think you've become more bitter than me, Shade (but then again you are about 5 years older, right? ;) ), but aside from that I think we were seperated at birth. :D We should hang out and ***** about life together, only in a living room instead of the internet! :chuckle:

Sounds good to me. :D

Yeah, I'm a little bitter, but only because I do everything I can to be a good person, and I just continuously get ****ed over in every aspect of my life, and I don't know why. To feel is to hurt, apparently. :shrug:

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I'm a little bitter, but only because I do everything I can to be a good person, and I just continuously get ****ed over in every aspect of my life, and I don't know why. To feel is to hurt, apparently. :shrug:

It's sad that I can agree 100% with that sentiment.

Shade
06-02-2005, 05:01 PM
It's sad that I can agree 100% with that sentiment.

Don't know what to say. If you figure a way out, let me know. ;)

LMK when you're in the Indy area again and we can try to get together and talk a bit. :)

Shade
06-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Btw, HD7, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'm just in a particularly bitter mood today, I guess. :annoyed:

Anthem
06-02-2005, 05:19 PM
This is why you never cosign on anything for anybody.

Proverbs 6:
1 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor,
if you have struck hands in pledge for another,
2 if you have been trapped by what you said,
ensnared by the words of your mouth,
3 then do this, my son, to free yourself,
since you have fallen into your neighbor's hands:
Go and humble yourself;
press your plea with your neighbor!
4 Allow no sleep to your eyes,
no slumber to your eyelids.
5 Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter,
like a bird from the snare of the fowler.

Proverbs 11:
15 He who puts up security for another will surely suffer,
but whoever refuses to strike hands in pledge is safe.

Proverbs 22:
26 Do not be a man who strikes hands in pledge
or puts up security for debts;
27 if you lack the means to pay,
your very bed will be snatched from under you.

All things being equal, the Bible's a pretty practical book if you know where to look.

Hicks
06-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Don't know what to say. If you figure a way out, let me know. ;)

LMK when you're in the Indy area again and we can try to get together and talk a bit. :)

Sounds good to me. :)

MagicRat
06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
my wife co-signed for my brother in law to get a house (rental) and he totally left it in shambles, like $6,000.00 worth. Of course he's an idiot and doesn't have any money. Put it this way, he has four kids to support on an under the table, half ***, tattoo job.

So guess who they're coming after? That's right. we went to court and the judge looked at my B-I-L, then looked at my wife and said, "I'm really sorry that you guys are mixed up in this" and found in favor of the Landlord.

So the other day we get a thing in the mail stating that he now has "legal access" to our checking account. Just like that my world has been completely turned upside down by someone else's incompetence.

there's really nothin gthat we can do either bu tpay it out of our own pockets and try to get it back from him.

I just thought that if anyone was having a bad day that this may help. You know, one of those, It could be worse type thingy's.

I propose a radical 3-step plan:

1. Contact Shade and find the name of his banking institution.
2. Transfer all accounts to that bank. Same branch if possible.
3. Wait for $6,000 error in your favor......

SoupIsGood
06-04-2005, 12:05 AM

Shoot, I feel this way, and I can't even smoke yet. :unimpress

About the family thing...

I have a parasite for an uncle. All he does is play poker, and if he is doing well (rare), we never hear from him (except for food, ocassionally). However, when things go bad, and he can't pay his *****, he comes crying to my grandparents, my parents, my aunts and uncles, and pisses all over them until they feel like it's all somehow their fault, and that they are bad people.

Of course, he always ends up with free money, and off he is to play some more poker.

I swear, I've already worked more than this guy has in his life. If he EVER comes begging to me, he is going to get one BIG *** door slammed right into his BIG *** face! And I mean it even though I kinda like the guy, I'm cold like that. It'd be best for him anyhow.

Damn :censored: people who don't :censored: care about how they make those around them :censored: feeling with their :censored: stupid depression/anger act and then go party with their friends with free money :censored: them all.

God damn that felt good. I love the shoutbox. :devil:

Shade
06-04-2005, 09:54 AM
I propose a radical 3-step plan:

1. Contact Shade and find the name of his banking institution.
2. Transfer all accounts to that bank. Same branch if possible.
3. Wait for $6,000 error in your favor......

:lmao:

SycamoreKen
06-06-2005, 12:20 AM

How about this, you invite everyone from the forum that lives close enough over to your house. Then you invite the brother in law over. You then tell your bro in law that you have a payment plan for him.

Choice # 1 is that each person from the forum will pay him $10 to lay one good lick on you, $5 extra for a kick in the balls :kicknuts:. :box: :headache:

Choice #2 is that he pays you $10 for every person there not to take a good lick on him. This continues until all debts are paid.

Just an idea.

BigMac
06-07-2005, 10:49 AM
How about this, you invite everyone from the forum that lives close enough over to your house. Then you invite the brother in law over. You then tell your bro in law that you have a payment plan for him.

Choice # 1 is that each person from the forum will pay him $10 to lay one good lick on you, $5 extra for a kick in the balls :kicknuts:. :box: :headache:

Choice #2 is that he pays you $10 for every person there not to take a good lick on him. This continues until all debts are paid.

Just an idea.

That's a pyramid scheme that just might work! :)

Harddrive7
06-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Well it happened, I get back from vacation and $1,400.00 has been taken from my account. Savings was wiped clean as well. Thank God we took out a considerable amount for vacation. Now we're in the process of getting a loan since my brother in law is an idiot.

We have a court date tomorrow FOR SOME REASON. I mean they're already taking from OUR account with MY name on it as well as my wifes. I didn't think that they could do that. Does anyone know how I can get some of my money back?