PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Capital One

Anthem
06-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know how to make capital one stop sending me junk mail?

They're getting my name wrong, my address wrong, and they're offering me a low low rate of 19.8%. Why on earth would I want to do business with these people?

On 4 seperate occasions, they've promised me that they've taken me off their list. I'm still receiving their crap, so either they're lying or incompetant. I'm suspecting both.

Anybody have a solution?

PHC Fan
06-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Pay them a visit!!!! :devil:

Capital One
4349 Woodson Road
Suite 100
St. Louis , MO 63134

travmil
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.dmaconsumers.org/cgi/offmailinglist

It works.

PHC Fan
06-01-2005, 05:48 PM
http://www.dmaconsumers.org/cgi/offmailinglist

It works.
I think that I'll use the free regular mail option. They propose a second option to pay them $5 to get your address off of the list. Nah. I'll waste my Lincoln at the local tavern.

travmil
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I think that I'll use the free regular mail option. They propose a second option to pay them $5 to get your address off of the list. Nah. I'll waste my Lincoln at the local tavern.

Yes the free mail option works just fine. That's what I used. They have to take your name AND address off of their lists, so you'll get no more of those dreaded pieces of mail addressed to "current resident".

dipperdunk
06-01-2005, 11:22 PM
so either they're lying or incompetant. I'm suspecting both.

They're incompetent. I purchased a CD from them last summer and it took them 4 months to send me the application to sign after I had already made the deposit and was receiving the monthly interest check. It got to the point where by law they were forced to start withholding interest until I finally got in touch with a manager who sent me the application with overnight express mail.

The customer rep. was trying to tell me that the post office was to blame and that they had sent it 4 times finally the manager admitted they were having issues with their computer mailing system etc.,,

I'm not a financial guru by any means so I may be wrong but I think they offer some of the best rates on CD's. I also get about 4 offers per month from them I always just assumed it was because I had the CD with them but I guess they annoy everyone with them. :whoknows: