PDA

View Full Version : Sassan's thank you to Reggie

Ragnar
05-20-2005, 08:26 AM
I just wanted to post all my thoughts of tonight’s game as well as this season after I had a chance to take a short nap to calm down all my emotions tonight.

First off to this incredible season…it was sad to see Reggie Miller’s last game in person….my emotions really got to me tonight at the game and I wasn’t full scale crying but I certainly had tears and sitting down in Conseco Fieldhouse after the game it hit me that I won’t be watching Reggie Miller play on the Indiana Pacers anymore unless he comes back toward the end of next season. This is such a big thing for me because all I have known since I was 9 years old was Reggie Miller….Reggie Miller is the one who brought the 9 year old kid who had a love of passion for Reggie and I remember as a kid I would always buy Reggie Miller jerseys and I had like 15 different kinds….as a kid I remember Reggie Miller’s trash talking, clutch shooting performances and that Reggie Miller of my youth who would grab his crotch after nailing a three and looking at the direction of Spike Lee has turned into Uncle Reggie…the Reggie Miller who is calm and very respectful on the court. This is one reason I have absolutely no problem with our boys like Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest because they are still young and being able to have Reggie Miller on their side truly has helped benefit their lives. I will never forget the day that I met Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson in Los Angeles inside the Staples Center locker room and the image of Mark Jackson walking me down the tunnel to the locker room and as Mark Jackson opened up the door to the locker…I see Reggie Miller sitting down and I remember the joy and happiness that brought to my life. I remember my eyes being watery with joy and I will always be grateful for that day as that truly was one of the greatest days in my life…and I remember vividly Reggie Miller introducing me to his other teammates which were Sam Perkins, Travis Best, Dale Davis…and I will always be thankful for Reggie for being such a nice person to me throughout these years…and I hope Reggie Miller knows that I truly love him as a human being and I would really take a bullet for the man…to me, Reggie Miller is not just a basketball player but Reggie Miller is an amazing human being who has gone through so much adversity as a young child growing up in Riverside and has turned himself into one of the greatest players in NBA History. Reggie Miller is the perfect role model and whatever job field one does, a strong work ethic is needed. The work ethic Reggie Miller brought to the team was one that I just admire in awe. I have spent thousands of dollars to go watch Reggie Miller play basketball but I do not regret it one bit. I know 10 years down the line, I will look back at all my memories that I hold on so dear and appreciate them even more. I will always be thankful for Reggie Miller and he truly will be missed. I will miss watching his boom baby’s and his clutch game which has made Reggie for who he is.

I have extreme confidence with Ron back next season we will be clear title contenders and will win the NBA Title. I just hope sometime toward the end of next season Reggie returns and comes off the bench because it will truly be sad that Reggie Miller worked his a$$ off for 18 years to try to win an NBA Championship and it would be bittersweet for that to happen the year Reggie decides to retire. We had a great chance to win tonight’s game but it just didn’t happen…the officiating really dominated the tempo especially in the 2<sup>nd</sup> half. I have never seen such bad officiating I told one of the son’s of the referee to have his dad call the games better next time…I had such a great time in Indiana. I might move there for next season, and the Hoosiers I met were very hospitable and I truly enjoyed being at Conseco Fieldhouse. It was a great experience for me and hopefully next season I will continue pursuing my passion…Indianapolis was not as bad as I expected and I really liked it. It still has not completely hit me that we will not seeing Reggie Miller in a Pacer uniform again and just sitting down in the empty seats once the game was over I just had tears and could not believe I would not watch Pacer basketball without the GOD of the Pacers in Reggie Miller…

Even if we had gotten swept by Miami, I really wanted to get past <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:city>. I have no love for the Pistons even after tonight. Some people say they have “new found respect” for the Pistons and Larry Brown. I have nothing against Larry Brown personally, but I think most coaches would give enough respect to do what he did for Reggie tonight and it made the Pistons look good in respecting Reggie as well….but for me to have “new found respect” for Detroit would have been Ben Wallace being a man and apologizing for what he did on 11/19 to ruin our season and there is one man I will never ever forgive in ruining our season, and that is David Stern. David Stern could not go deep inside his evil black heart to understand how special it would have been for Reggie for Ron to return for the playoffs and give us a legitimate opportunity to go into the NBA Finals. I don’t blame Ron, because Reggie doesn’t…this has been a long season with a lot of ups and downs and it has been an emotional rollercoaster but I am proud I was able to be a part of it and I am proud I stood with our boys throughout the thick and thin. One last time…I just want to say thank you Reginald Wayne Miller…thank you for everything you have brought to us and thank you Coach Carlisle and rest of the Pacers…every single one of them from Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O’Neal to James Jones and Eddie Gill for stepping it up and giving us a memorable playoff run. We overcame a lot of adversity throughout the season and it was sad for the season to end like this, but as Al Albert told me, it was really special for Reggie’s career to end with a shooting performance like he had tonight rather than being blown out in Detroit (I don’t know if I agree with that) but at least we will have a positive memory of Reggie’s performance in his last game ever and it was fitting it was at home. Face it…no team in the NBA would have been able to do what we did with our two best players out for so long and our 3<sup>rd</sup> and 4<sup>th</sup> best players (S. Jax and Tinsley) out for so long. I remember being at the Clippers-Pacers game with our top 10 players being out and we had to bring out guys like Tremaine Fowles, Britton Johnson, and Marcus Haislip. Jermaine was playing probably at 60% and Tinsley was still hurt and we gave them all we had…and we went out playing hard against the defending champions…but I still have no respect for them whatsoever and hope <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:city> sweeps them. I will always look at the Detroit organization, Detroit fans, and Detroit players in a negative light for what they have done to us and for their continuous disgusting attitude…once again, thank you Reginald Wayne Miller and thank you Indiana Pacers. WE LOVE YOU.

Always and forever,

Sassan K. Darian

http://members.aol.com/bahkam/pacers/mereg

P.S.
One more thing…I know sometimes my comments on this forum have been “controversial” but all I ever wanted to do was be 100% supportive of our boys and I know a lot of people don’t like me calling them “haters”. I apologize if some people felt offended but I have great videos I will post in the off-season and I truly have a passionate love for the Pacers and would like if the admins would give me an opportunity to prove myself and give me an opportunity to post on PacersDigest. I will act accordingly but I feel like I should be judged upon the same set of rules everyone on the forum is judged. I will not ask for this request again if it is denied but I really have no where else to discuss enjoyable Pacer discussion and would love to have that opportunity again. Thanks.

cramerica
05-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Let him back in.

hoopsforlife
05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
That is a good post. Truly heartfelt love expressed.

Sassan should really get over the hate thing. It can cause all sorts of really negative health problems. The Pistons are just another NBA team competing for the title as were the Chicago Bulls, the LA Lakers....(grits teeth and breathes deep). Someday, in my lifetime, I hope, the Pacers will win a title. Then the empty feeling I have at this time each passing year will be banished forever.

At least Ron's suspension is over. :)

DisplacedKnick
05-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Let him back in.

Yeah - give him double-secret probation and another shot.

He never bothered me that much anyway - when he gets too off line I either don't read his posts or throw something in to wind him up a little tighter.

Whoever it was who got banned after calling people racist for not wanting Artest back was much worse (forget who that was).

ABADays
05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
I would also vote to let Sassan back in.

PHC Fan
05-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Awwww, bring our little buddy back!!!!

Just kidding. I don't think that he has a permanent ban.

foretaz
05-20-2005, 10:03 AM
alright...ill bite....what could someone who obviously loves the pacers do to warrant getting banned....i realize im just a newbie to this board...but reading that letter and then realizing the guy is banned is a bit odd....anybody care to give me the short version....or would everyone just assume not bring up whatever it is....

Peck
05-20-2005, 10:28 AM
alright...ill bite....what could someone who obviously loves the pacers do to warrant getting banned....i realize im just a newbie to this board...but reading that letter and then realizing the guy is banned is a bit odd....anybody care to give me the short version....or would everyone just assume not bring up whatever it is....

Go to the star board right now & read a thread titled "Stephen Jackson keeps it real!!!" & know that in that thread that Sassan is the most civil he has almost ever been with whoever disagree's with him.

BTW, this was a great post by Sassan (I'm talking about the one right now). I was around when he was the 11 year old who had the multiple Reggie Miller shirts & no matter how he posted or what he said it was very obvious to everybody that this kid (at the time) loved Reggie Miller. I know last night had to be hard on him.

grace
05-20-2005, 10:40 AM
I would also vote to let Sassan back in.

If people promise not to quote what he says I have to problem with him coming back.

indygeezer
05-20-2005, 10:54 AM
I'll vote for him to come back, but I'll keep one hand on the doorknob.

His only real problem stems from being too close to the team. He cannot accept the fact that we don't know and love the players as he does. We only know them as fans of the team. Perhaps that is as it should be for this is a place for the true fans of the team to vent, to cry, and to cheer. He can't be a true "fan" in the sense we are because he knows these guys on a personal level and therefore is not objective. He cannot relate to the team the way we do nor can we the way he does.
If he could realize that and live with the fact that we are just fans, here to share our passion with other fans, then perhaps he could accept us for what we are and not lecture us on what we should be.

Hicks
05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Go to the star board right now & read a thread titled "Stephen Jackson keeps it real!!!" & know that in that thread that Sassan is the most civil he has almost ever been with whoever disagree's with him.

We have a winner. He goes by SJAX4Life1 in that thread (which you can read here (http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106752)), for those who don't know.

bmac
05-20-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll vote for him to come back, but I'll keep one hand on the doorknob.

His only real problem stems from being too close to the team. He cannot accept the fact that we don't know and love the players as he does. We only know them as fans of the team. Perhaps that is as it should be for this is a place for the true fans of the team to vent, to cry, and to cheer. He can't be a true "fan" in the sense we are because he knows these guys on a personal level and therefore is not objective. He cannot relate to the team the way we do nor can we the way he does.
If he could realize that and live with the fact that we are just fans, here to share our passion with other fans, then perhaps he could accept us for what we are and not lecture us on what we should be.

All the more reason for sassan to come back, I don't think "being close to the team" is a problem at all. If anything sassan gives us a insider's perspective that we are all envious of. Isn't that worth something, even if he can be combative at times? The more dirt I can get on the Pacers the happier I am, I value his insight because of how close he is to the team. I'm lucky if I get to two home games a season, sooooo sure I'm jealous but I want to hear about real person experiences, so let him back!

Diamond Dave
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Sorry guys, I'm still not buying it. Trick me once shame on you, trick me 45 times shame on me.

Sassan obviously has some very useful information due to his connections with the team. So I propose that we let him write editorial columns for all to read. He wouldn't be able interact or respond to his post, but he would be able to make large posts like the one above and then it would be up to the rest of PD to discuss it or not. This way civil Sassan can relay his thoughts to us, but name-calling, racist labeling Sassan would not be able to shine.

grace
05-20-2005, 11:06 AM
All the more reason for sassan to come back, I don't think "being close to the team" is a problem at all. If anything sassan gives us a insider's perspective that we are all envious of. Isn't that worth something, even if he can be combative at times? The more dirt I can get on the Pacers the happier I am, I value his insight because of how close he is to the team. I'm lucky if I get to two home games a season, sooooo sure I'm jealous but I want to hear about real person experiences, so let him back!

I'd argue with you, but I'm afraid it would eventually end up with name calling and I don't want to get banned; therefore :whistle:

MagicRat
05-20-2005, 11:08 AM
:whistle:

Does somebody have to bash Bender in every thread?......:mad:

ChicagoJ
05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm going to be on vacation for a week or so.

I figure if you let him back, he'll be banned again by the time I return. And this time it will be patently obvious that it had nothing to do with me and is 100% attributable to the way he talks to people that don't agree with him.

3ptmiller
05-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Yea i like Sassan, talk to him everyday on AIM, he seems to me that he is a very classy, kind & very dedicated pacerfan.... i dont even know why he got banned. I would love for him to come back!

tora tora
05-20-2005, 11:20 AM
As much as I like the guy's posts I think he'd probably be banned again anyway. He has no love for the Pistons organization and obviously isn't a Kstat sympathizer like most posters here, so it wouldn't work.

3ptmiller
05-20-2005, 11:23 AM
As much as I like the guy's posts I think he'd probably be banned again anyway. He has no love for the Pistons organization and obviously isn't a Kstat sympathizer like most posters here, so it wouldn't work.

Oh then i should be banned to! Dont like the Pistons and i hate Kstat!! (j/k) :laugh:

Hicks
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM
If you don't love Kstat, you will be banned. That's just the rules. We ride together.

Diamond Dave
05-20-2005, 11:26 AM
REPEAT!!!! REPEAT!!!! REPEAT!!!!!

ChicagoJ
05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Yea i like Sassan, talk to him everyday on AIM, he seems to me that he is a very classy, kind & very dedicated pacerfan.... i dont even know why he got banned. I would love for him to come back!

Is that because (1) you just haven't read his posts when he makes inflamatory remarks, or (2) you think that posting style is okay in the context of a moderated forum? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I just don't understand that comment by someone who's been around for a while.

Clearly its okay for an unmoderated forum, but there is a set of rules that are stickied at the top of the forum page and Sassan has a long history of violating those. So far, there's a one-to-one relationship between "Sassan promising to be good" and getting enough support to "let Sassan come back" with "Whoooooops, Sassan went over the line again, bye-bye."

I think he could be a valuable member of PD if he could live with the published rules. But how many chances are we supposed to give the guy before we just assume, "He's not going to get it."

I don't know the answer, but he's promised to be 'good' many times before without succeeding.

And I don't know why he's so desparate to come back to a place that he keeps getting kicked out from. If I were to be kicked out, I'd find somewhere else to spend my time (like actually doing my work, but that's no fun.... :D )

indygeezer
05-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Ya know, reading that thread has given me some pause to think again.

He probably wouldn't like me at all because I grew up in small town Indiana and just represent my family. It's who I am, afterall I grew up as a poor backwoods farmer and I gotta represent....

Doug
05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Well, I don't mind having him around. I just ignore the threads when they start to go south.

While it might be hard on the mods, what about if a thread heads toward the gutter, move it to "The Shout Box" instead of banning him? Can Sassan live with that?

Bball
05-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Well, I don't mind having him around. I just ignore the threads when they start to go south.

While it might be hard on the mods, what about if a thread heads toward the gutter, move it to "The Shout Box" instead of banning him? Can Sassan live with that?

That's a good point. ...Just make it clear to him if a thread does get put in the Shout Box that he shouldn't start a new "Why was my thread moved?" post in the main forum. Of course that would be perfectly fine to start in the Shout Box IMHO.... altho once he gets an answer he has to remember he might not like it but he has to move on.

-Bball

Diamond Dave
05-20-2005, 11:42 AM

He'll just start a new thread to continue the old arguements.

Bball
05-20-2005, 11:44 AM
It is possible to move selected posts to the Shout Box and not whole threads, correct? If there is a good thread that turns south with Sassan implying the person on the other end is a racist or a hillbilly (etc) then I don't want to see the good parts of the thread moved as well. That's not a price I'd want to pay to allow Sassan (or anyone) to post.

-Bball

BigMac
05-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Hicks,

On that link (from Indystar.com), while I didn't spend too much of my day on it I didn't see more than one problem and that was basically calling all people in Indiana hicks. Heck, I look at that as a compliment. I know that it's basically your forum but I think the guy has some very interesting insight and he needs to be given some slack. He's a Pacers fan for goodness sake. But even I have gotten personal (and apologized later) about some issues, especially with the out of hand weed smoking in the NBA-my problem is only with the Pacers players on that issue-and when people try to correct me when I am not incorrect. But we all get over it. I'm over my pouting from Game #5 and am very glad the season is over. I think we all (Sassan included) just need to come together for a common goal, discuss issues regarding the Pacers, and not get personal. I, also, will work very hard at not forcing personal attacks on other members. Let's just try to get along. Let's have Pacers fans stick together. And stick up for each other. Also, I still hate the Pistons and the Knicks.

Harmonica
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Sassan knows why he got banned. We talked about it briefly when we got together for game 4. He conceded that his posting style didn't allow for civil dicussions because he went in circles and ran roughshod over every topic he debated. In the end I said, "If it was my board and I didn't like the way someone conducted themselves, I'd boot them, and you would, too." He agreed. Mostly, he said, he misses talking with other fans about the team. Believe it or not, there aren't a lot of people in Southern California you talk Pacers basketball with.

grace
05-20-2005, 11:51 AM
He'll just start a new thread to continue the old arguements.

You bet he would.

If the mods move or delete his posts it's just going to make him mad and he'll say he's being picked on again. Things will degenerate until he gets a warning which he will inevitably ignore to the point where he gets banned AGAIN. Which will lead him back to RATS where he will :bawl: about how bad we all are. I for one don't want to ride that merry-go-round again.

Diamond Dave
05-20-2005, 11:59 AM
You bet he would.

If the mods move or delete his posts it's just going to make him mad and he'll say he's being picked on again. Things will degenerate until he gets a warning which he will inevitably ignore to the point where he gets banned AGAIN. Which will lead him back to RATS where he will :bawl: about how bad we all are. I for one don't want to ride that merry-go-round again.

You're right, it is like a merry-go-round. :laugh: We start a one place, make a complete cycle of different phases, and end up at the same place we started.

owl
05-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Maybe you should activate the "poster attitude adjustment" feature.
You know, the one that gives you an electrical shock through your keyboard
when the poster becomes offensive. : )

Skaut_Ech
05-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Since this has turned into a bring back Sassan discussion, I'll throw my two cents in.

If I never read another post from him, or as it seems these days, folks posting stuff for him :( , I will be an extremely happy guy. I don't like his posts. I don't like how dissmissive he is of other's opinions and I don't like his lack of respect for others. From what I know of him, I plain old don't like him. He almost single-handedly disrupted the old other forum. I can count on one hand the posters over the years who grate on my nerves to the point that they make reading a forum an unpleasant experience, and he's in the top three easily.

Yeah, I know I can just put him on "ignore", but invariably, he'll be quoted and I won't be able to avoid him. Am I being petulant? Maybe, but if I never hear the name Sassan again, it'll be too soon.

heywoode
05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
My two cents:

It's up to Hicks, it's his board. Whatever he decides, I can and will respect that.

I've been personally offended by some of Sassan's comments, and I think I'm in the majority of posters on that one. I've also enjoyed reading his posts and looking at his pictures.

Now, do I want him back because he's a nice guy, and a decent poster, and because I want good to triumph and all to be right in Pacer Nation (the fictional place, not the user) or do I want him back for my own selfish, greedy reasons of wanting a little more insight or insider's presence?

That is the question we should be asking.

Do we want him back for HIM or for US?

I was about to type a sentence that said, "You know he'll flame out and get banned again sooner or later", but I think that is being unfair. I don't know anything.

If it was up to me, I'd give him another (LAST) shot. If he messes up again, go Myles Brand on his a$$......

kerosene
05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't think any of us has a grudge or personal vendetta against Sassan, see btown's post above. Shade IMs with him, Hicks did at one point as well IIRC. I don't recall ever having any personal problems with the guy on my end either.

By all accounts, people who have either a. met him in person or b. talk to him through IM are of the opinion that he's a nice guy and he means well but sometimes goes over the line and he knows that, but it's not really what he's about, etc. Essentially, I get the impression that he's a good guy. That's cool, I don't have any reason to dispute that. However, his ability to interact with others in a respectful fashion and to exercise some personal restraint when faced with differing opinions seems to go out the window when he's on a message board. That's the issue, not that someone doesn't like him, or doesn't like Ron or whatever.

If he could avoid being such a divisive and disruptive force and show some respect for other people and their opinions (which is a two-way street btw) I don't think he'd have any problem avoiding a ban around here. Re: lifting the ban: Has it been discussed? yeah. Will it be discussed again? I'm sure it will. Will Sassan be back? probably, at some point..

Trying to get back in through trickery or by using other people's logins is probably not helping your case very much. It's more than a bit irritating and doesn't really endear you to whoever has to go 'fix' it. It's not personal thing at all. Hell, come up to the Bay Area for the Pacers game next year and we'll have a couple of beers at the game or elsewhere. I've got no personal issues with you.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Re-instate Sassan!

DisplacedKnick
05-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Ya know, reading that thread has given me some pause to think again.

He probably wouldn't like me at all because I grew up in small town Indiana and just represent my family. It's who I am, afterall I grew up as a poor backwoods farmer and I gotta represent....

I read it too - and I believe I lost at least 10 IQ points.

Never mind what I said about letting him back in. Count me as completely neutral since I won't bother reading his posts anyway ...

Kstat
05-20-2005, 05:55 PM
As much as I think he's a nice guy......

We've given Sassan 15 chances already. If we let him back, he's just going to get himself banned again. Go ahead and give him another shot, but its just going to be the same result.

Did you read the crap he says about us on RATS?

Harmonica
05-20-2005, 08:23 PM
How many chances has he been given already?

Jermaniac
05-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Let Sassan back he is a Pacers fan after all.

TripleThreat
05-20-2005, 08:49 PM
so...this is the spoiled little rich kid that has been arguing with me over on RATS about SJax keeping it real?!?!? I know I don't post here often, or for very long, but before I had ever been to this site, I knew that Sassan was the biggest troublemaker on this board.

If I saw something about PD, I saw something about Sassan, and it was never anything good.

FWIW, I think this is the kid from the Richard Pryor movie "The Toy". He needs to NOT get what he wants for once in his life, and to realize that the world does not revolve around him and his ever-changing moods.

It's not my board, but if we are voting, I'm voting no. The "keeping it real" thread told me all I need to know about this kid, and that is that his view of the world is demented at best. If you let him back...it's the same as it ever was, only worse, because once again, the kid has manipulated you into doing what he wants you to do.

I'm beside myself that I even got into a discussion with this spoiled brat regarding what it's like to grow up in hard times. He hasn't seen a hard day's work in his life.

pb777
05-20-2005, 09:32 PM
so...this is the spoiled little rich kid that has been arguing with me over on RATS about SJax keeping it real?!?!? I know I don't post here often, or for very long, but before I had ever been to this site, I knew that Sassan was the biggest troublemaker on this board.

If I saw something about PD, I saw something about Sassan, and it was never anything good.

FWIW, I think this is the kid from the Richard Pryor movie "The Toy". He needs to NOT get what he wants for once in his life, and to realize that the world does not revolve around him and his ever-changing moods.

It's not my board, but if we are voting, I'm voting no. The "keeping it real" thread told me all I need to know about this kid, and that is that his view of the world is demented at best. If you let him back...it's the same as it ever was, only worse, because once again, the kid has manipulated you into doing what he wants you to do.

I'm beside myself that I even got into a discussion with this spoiled brat regarding what it's like to grow up in hard times. He hasn't seen a hard day's work in his life.

No disrespect to you 3threat, but how can u say he's a spoiled kid that has never had a hard day's work? Do u know him personally? Are you his lifetime neighbor and u know this for a fact? I find what you said to be biased and judgemental based on your brief first impression opinion of him. You dont know him, his family, or what kind of life he has lived. You dont know where he is from or where his family is from or anything about what his family is currently going thru. You may assume things based on the fact that he is young and travels to Pacers games but what you dont know is that he works hard as a mortgage officer and he works in the import/export business. He earns his money just like you and I.

Frankly, I like Sasson as a person and I think he is the ultimate Pacers fan, but I could care less if he is allowed back here, It's not my decision, it's not my board, and it's just a message board. Again 3threat, no disrespect to you or anyone else. I'm just here to talk Pacers, not who is allowed in the treehouse.

efx
05-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Wasn't Sassan supposed to launch his own site? I know he registered reggiemillerlegacy.com but I don't think anything is up there at the moment.

And has he even asked to be reinstated to this forum?

Hicks
05-20-2005, 10:38 PM
How many chances has he been given already?

Off the top of my head I'd say at least 4.

Kstat
05-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Wasn't Sassan supposed to launch his own site? I know he registered reggiemillerlegacy.com but I don't think anything is up there at the moment.

And has he even asked to be reinstated to this forum?

I'm amazed that he'd want to be allowed to come back, since he BASHES this forum at every opportunity.....

and yes, he is supposed to start his own pacer message board soon.

shags
05-20-2005, 11:31 PM
My two cents:

It's up to Hicks, it's his board. Whatever he decides, I can and will respect that.

My sentiments exactly.

There are good mods on this board. If they decide to give Sassan another chance, then I'll abide and respect their decision as well.

It's their board. They can do what they want. That's the bottom line, as far as I'm concerned.

Harmonica
05-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Off the top of my head I'd say at least 4.

Eh, that's about one too many. In the end, it's only a message board, but with each banning I'd increase the length of time. 1st offense, 1 month. 2nd offense, 3 months. 3rd offense, 6 months and so on. The idea being that at some point you'd like to think they'd get it. But ultimately, it's a judgement call.

Bball
05-21-2005, 01:26 AM
I think most of us here are fans of the team. I think Sassan is more a fan of the players. Therein lies the difference in our approach and where the friction comes from. We can praise and critisize players as it relates to the team but Sassan feels obligated to 'get their back'. In doing so he is missing the point: The team is bigger than any one player to us. We want the best for the Indiana Pacers as a team.

If someone is dragging the team down it matters not how good of a person that player is or how much he has done for Sassan. It doesn't matter if that player was born in Harlem or Heltonville. What matters is what he's doing for the team.

-Bball

Fool
05-21-2005, 04:09 AM
I only have one thing to say on this subject.

Things do get slow around here in the off season.

TripleThreat
05-21-2005, 10:19 AM
No disrespect to you 3threat, but how can u say he's a spoiled kid that has never had a hard day's work? Do u know him personally? Are you his lifetime neighbor and u know this for a fact? I find what you said to be biased and judgemental based on your brief first impression opinion of him. You dont know him, his family, or what kind of life he has lived. You dont know where he is from or where his family is from or anything about what his family is currently going thru. You may assume things based on the fact that he is young and travels to Pacers games but what you dont know is that he works hard as a mortgage officer and he works in the import/export business. He earns his money just like you and I.

Frankly, I like Sasson as a person and I think he is the ultimate Pacers fan, but I could care less if he is allowed back here, It's not my decision, it's not my board, and it's just a message board. Again 3threat, no disrespect to you or anyone else. I'm just here to talk Pacers, not who is allowed in the treehouse.
I understand where you are coming from, but let me tell you what I am basing my opinions on...

#1) He is 20 years old
#2) He makes a LOT of money working for his father as a mortgage officer...import/export something or other.
#3) He is best known for berating anyone who dares disagree with him

2 of my very best friends in this world are mortgage bankers, and quite successful at it. Both of them worked their way through college to get degrees for this, only to have to work their tails off as assistants before getting their own clients. Had they been able to go to college full time right out of high school, they STILL would have been over 25 before really starting to rake in some big $$. As it stands, they are both quite well off now, but I don't see them sitting courtside, so...

so...the fact that he's only 20 tells me that he more than likely does not have a degree as of yet. He works for his dad in the many business ventures that his dad is involved in, which tells me that his dad is wealthy in his own right, and has just given jr. a job. His attacks on people who disagree with him are akin to "temper tantrums" thrown mostly by kids who are spoiled rotten.

I understand that you know him personally, but frankly, IMO, your friendship with him clouds your judgement. I don't know him, nor any more about him than what I have said here. I have nothing to lose or gain by making my comments about the opinion that I have formed about him, based on the limited information that I have.

I don't really care one way or the other...I will more than likely ignore him if he posts here, just like I will ignore him from now on on RATS. It's not my board, but everyone else was weighing in with their votes, and I have put my 2 cents in.

Mourning
05-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I have no problem with Sassan when he knows how to behave. I have no problem giving him another chance.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Ragnar
05-21-2005, 02:00 PM
TripleThreat:

1) he is 21

2) He probably does not make as much as you think he simply lives at home and spends most of his money on the Pacers. He has nothing to do with import/export I dont know where you get that from. Have you ever seen anyone living in a trailer park who drives a new Vette? I have its called priorities. Yes he makes a decent living but I doubt it is as much as you think.

3) He is a first generation immigrant. His parents moved here to escape the horrid living conditions of Iran when Sassan was only 2. Most immigrants I know work VERY hard and I have no doubt that his family is any different.

Los Angeles
05-21-2005, 02:21 PM
It boggles my mind when I think of how much time I've wasted reading posts about this guy.

Sassan =

1) A fairly good kid with moderate amount of disposable income.

2) A newfound Pacers fan "celebrity" :rolleyes: along the novelty lines of the "sign guy" and the "sweet little old lady".

3) A hideously terrible, disruptive, combative presence in the message board environment that doesn't know how to post without attacking or offending people.

EDIT: removed needless name calling.

SoupIsGood
05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
It boggles my mind when I think of how much time I've wasted reading posts about this jack***.

Sassan =

2) A newfound Pacers fan "celebrity" :rolleyes: along the novelty lines of the "sign guy" and the "sweet little old lady".

3) A hideously terrible, disruptive, combative presence in the message board environment that doesn't know how to post without attacking or offending people.

Is she always at the games with a two-sided sign? If so, I've sat by her before. She is always up on the jumbo-tron.

Los Angeles
05-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I don't know if that's the same lady. And I don't even know if the little old lady I'm talking about is still around last I heard she was in her 80's or something and has been a season ticket holder since the ABA Pacers. I read an article about her a few years ago.

Harmonica
05-21-2005, 02:40 PM
It boggles my mind when I think of how much time I've wasted reading posts about this jack***.

Sassan =

I'm not going to defend the guy because I've told him in person the same things about his posting style. He agreed with me. But until you meet someone in person and get to know them a little, you can't judge them entirely by the opinion you've formed of them on a damn message board. I actually thought about PMing you LA to come out and meet me and Sassan to watch game 4. I think you'd have an entirely different opinion of him if you did. Doesn't mean you'd want him back on here because he can be frustrating as hell on a message board, but in person he's actually very respectful and gracious. But then again, I have that effect on people. ;)

Los Angeles
05-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm not going to defend the guy because I've told him in person the same things about his posting style. He agreed with me. But until you meet someone in person and get to know them a little, you can't judge them by entirely by the opinion you've formed of them on a damn message board. I actually thought about PMing you LA to come out and meet me and Sassan to watch game 4. I think you'd have an entirely different opinion of him if you did. Doesn't mean you'd want him back on here because he can be frustrating as hell on a message board, but in person he's actually very respectful and gracious. But then again, I have that effect on people. ;)
I've talked to him on the phone, and you're right. In person (or at least on the phone) he's a good guy that I wouldn't mind hanging out with.

Maybe next season then?

Harmonica
05-21-2005, 02:48 PM
I've talked to him on the phone, and you're right. In person (or at least on the phone) he's a good guy that I wouldn't mind hanging out with.

Maybe next season then?

We should try that. Could be fun. Maybe the first game of next season.

Sollozzo
05-21-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm sure Sasson is a decent guy.

But as its been mentioned, in message board formant, he blows up, and results to name calling.

The other night, I was in the chat, and he was yelling at me, saying I was anti-Pacers because I wasn't happy with some things on the team.

The purpose of the message board is to discuss the positives and negatives of the Pacers. Sasson sees no negatives in the Pacers. That's his problem. In his eyes, anyone who doesn't think that JO, Jax, and Ron are great is "anti-Pacers."

DisplacedKnick
05-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Sassan's hardly a newfound Pacers fan. Dunno when he first appeared but it was over 6 years ago now.

Dunno about the novelty factor either but OK.

pacerwaala
05-21-2005, 05:10 PM
First off, this forum is to talk about the Pacers and not about Pacers fans.

Secondly, I think Sassan has a communication problem. On an internet forum, you type something with a certain intention/message. But the people who are reading it can easily interpret it differently. There are not many posters who can get their point accross all the times with few words. Sassan's post, if you have noticed, are almost always huge ramblings. His intentions probably are good but his posts look like berating someone or throwing a temper tantrum.

What you think was funny when you posted it might be offensive to someone else. I have had that happen to me on this forum.

If we meet Sassan outside and talk, our impression of him might be different. One thing is for sure, he is definitely passionate about the Pacers, looks like it even after Reggie is gone.

I will stop before for fear of contradicting myself about the first point in this post.

pacerwaala
05-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Where is that stated in the rules?

This forum is here to talk about whatever you want to. Wether it be the managment, players, fans, pacemates, etc...........

not at a psycho-analysis level of a fan though!

DANCINGHARRY
05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
let sasson back on with me then we need to get jonz or the bush man back. i still have no use for fans of other teams on our boards. right peck by the way where is p amn these days. damned i have been on these boards a long time.,

Kstat
05-22-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't have a problem with sassan, personally. He seems like a nice guy over IM.

I just have no faith in him being able to stay out of trouble here, and I think he realizes that too. Thats why he's starting his own board.

TripleThreat
05-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Now we all dont get the same breaks, but I dont think its fair to judge somebody just because they are young and making good money. Hell, I hope that if/when I get wealthy, if my child decides he wants to work for the family buisness, as long as he is happy and working towards a goal, so be it. We dont all have the same oppurtunities in life (I could never travel with the team like Sass does) but I try not to be invious and just work it so that one day I will be able to (my ultimate dream is to buy a NBA team, but thats another story for another day :) )

I am not judging anyone because they are young and make lots of money...to put it bluntly...I have very little respect for people who have the world handed to them on a silver platter, because when it comes down to it...they don't know how to act. Your analogies are all people who pulled themselve up by the bootstraps and are successful because of what they have been through. I have no problem of turning the family business over to the kids...as long as they are worthy of the job, and understand what it takes to be successful.

I saw several mentions of..."if you just meet this guy in person" "he's not the same guy in person as he is on this board". That is the CLASSIC definition of "internet tough guy". He's tough as nails behind the computer screen. Of COURSE he's not going to talk to people the same way he posts here. IF HE DOES THAT IN PERSON, HE WILL GET HIS HEAD KNOCKED OFF!!!!

Personally, I don't want to meet the guy in person...It would remind me too much of talking with Mr. Hyde on the phone, and meeting Dr. Jekyll. No thanks, I'll stick to normal people.

grace
05-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Attention Members of PD:For every time someone brings up Sassan I'm going to start a Brad Miller thread. :tongue:

(For those of you who don't find that humorous it made Kegboy :lol2: )

Will Galen
05-23-2005, 07:13 AM
SASSAN AGAIN!

Most of you are saying you can live with whatever Hicks decides. Well, I have some shocking news for you. Hicks has already decided! Why keep bringing it up?

Sassan is banned because he is bull headed.

Years back when he first came to the Star board he posted in all capital letters. He was informed over and over again it was the equivalent of shouting and not polite. He did it anyway. For years. I was truly surprised when he came on here and started posting that he wasn't still posting in caps.

He's been banned repeatedly yet his posting style doesn't change. He's been banned from here yet he still manages to get his posts on here. How come?

I don't go along with those that advocate he get special posting privileges either. That only teaches him that he doesn't have to change, all he has to do is persevere and other people will cave.

Also since he's banned, I don't think people should be allowed to post for him!

Peck
05-23-2005, 02:06 PM
:iagree:
SASSAN AGAIN!

Most of you are saying you can live with whatever Hicks decides. Well, I have some shocking news for you. Hicks has already decided! Why keep bringing it up?

Sassan is banned because he is bull headed.

Years back when he first came to the Star board he posted in all capital letters. He was informed over and over again it was the equivalent of shouting and not polite. He did it anyway. For years. I was truly surprised when he came on here and started posting that he wasn't still posting in caps.

He's been banned repeatedly yet his posting style doesn't change. He's been banned from here yet he still manages to get his posts on here. How come?

I don't go along with those that advocate he get special posting privileges either. That only teaches him that he doesn't have to change, all he has to do is persevere and other people will cave.

Also since he's banned, I don't think people should be allowed to post for him!

Ragnar
05-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Will in all fairness I would not normaly do that. I read the thing he wrote and thought it to be ok so I went ahead and posted it. I actually edited it a little bit because there was a line I objected to. If it had been a message to people on the board I would not have posted it but since it was about Reggie I thought it would be ok.

Harmonica
05-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I am not judging anyone because they are young and make lots of money...to put it bluntly...I have very little respect for people who have the world handed to them on a silver platter, because when it comes down to it...they don't know how to act. Your analogies are all people who pulled themselve up by the bootstraps and are successful because of what they have been through. I have no problem of turning the family business over to the kids...as long as they are worthy of the job, and understand what it takes to be successful.

That's a narrow-minded generalization and a load of balony. I know plenty of people who have had "the world handed to them on a silver platter" and know how to act. It's a matter of education and upbringing. A parent can still teach their children good values while giving them the privileges and opportunities they never had. Now, you may have a problem with Sassan as a poster, and that's certainly valid, but from what I can tell, you seem to have a bigger problem with people who have had certain advantages you haven't. And that's more about petty jealousy than anything else.

Hicks
05-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Will in all fairness I would not normaly do that. I read the thing he wrote and thought it to be ok so I went ahead and posted it. I actually edited it a little bit because there was a line I objected to. If it had been a message to people on the board I would not have posted it but since it was about Reggie I thought it would be ok.

The "p.s." part was a message to the board.

grace
05-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Is there a reason why this has never made it to The Shout Box?

Hicks
05-23-2005, 05:22 PM

I think it is about time.

Harmonica
05-23-2005, 05:26 PM

Because it's the most popular thread on this board with 1,258 views, easily eclipsing the Brad Miller thread with 826 views and the "Looking ahead, part 1" thread with 853 views. Sassan threads are like Elvis sightings stories once were.

MagicRat
05-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I think I saw Sassan at a downtown Burger King......

SoupIsGood
05-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I think I saw Sassan at a downtown Burger King......

Sassan wakes up with the King. :cool:

Los Angeles
05-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Sassan's hardly a newfound Pacers fan. Dunno when he first appeared but it was over 6 years ago now.

Dunno about the novelty factor either but OK.

Didn't see this until now, sorry.

I know his history as a fan, in fact I spoke with him on the phone about it. I called him a "newfound pacer fan celebrity." Removing any of those words (in your case, you left off celebrity) can change the meaning dramatically. Now that I read it I realize that I should have rephrased it or used hyphens to get it to read a bit more naturally. I totally understand how it could be read differently and will try to better convey my thoughts in the future.

TripleThreat
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
That's a narrow-minded generalization and a load of balony. I know plenty of people who have had "the world handed to them on a silver platter" and know how to act. It's a matter of education and upbringing. A parent can still teach their children good values while giving them the privileges and opportunities they never had. Now, you may have a problem with Sassan as a poster, and that's certainly valid, but from what I can tell, you seem to have a bigger problem with people who have had certain advantages you haven't. And that's more about petty jealousy than anything else.
I realize that I implied there that ALL people who have the world handed to them on a silver platter are like that, and I don't feel that way. I should have worded that better. Sorry about that.

My point in all of this was that he demonstrates every "spoiled little rich kid" that I have ever come across in my life...based on what information that I have heard about/from him. From many of the responses on here, I see that I'm not that far off. If I were that far off, I would apologize to him personally...but I really don't think I am. There is a VERY small band of Sassan supporters on here, but far too many people who are tired of his act. I most certainly would have been banned myself if he said some of the things to me that I have heard about him saying to others.